Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • loulou41
    • By loulou41 16th Aug 17, 6:58 PM
    • 2,734Posts
    • 183Thanks
    loulou41
    Stuck with bt for discounted bt sports
    • 16th Aug 17, 6:58 PM
    Stuck with bt for discounted bt sports 16th Aug 17 at 6:58 PM
    Any football fans find they are stuck with bt for the discounted bt sports? It is not to my advantage to switch as it works out more expensive as bt sports on sky platform cost 22.50. Interested if anybody can get cheaper bt sports. Also not willing to leave sky for tv.
Page 1
    • ben999
    • By ben999 17th Aug 17, 12:03 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    ben999
    • 17th Aug 17, 12:03 AM
    • 17th Aug 17, 12:03 AM
    The discounted BT Sports significantly influences my decision to stay with BT. Over the past two years when I have renewed my contract with BT they have let me have the sports at half price. Currently I get BT Sports free for the first six months and then 7.50 per month for the final six months. This, of course, was why BT introduced the sports channels; to keep the football fans with BT broadband. It seems to have worked, certainly in my case, although to be fair I think the deal they gave me was comparable to anything I could have got elsewhere.

I do not know of anyone offering BT sports cheaper than Sky. I too like to stick with the Sky platform (mainly for the football) as it is something I understand and find easy to manage. But again, I am usually able to negotiate a good deal with Sky too, so it actually works out pretty well, for me; both with BT and Sky.
    • bengalknights
    • By bengalknights 17th Aug 17, 9:24 AM
    • 4,384 Posts
    • 1,613 Thanks
    bengalknights
    • 17th Aug 17, 9:24 AM
    • 17th Aug 17, 9:24 AM
    You can get it free with a EE mobile contract, they have deals on at the moment.

Also free on VM if you dont mind having another box to go alongside sky
    • Inner Zone
    • By Inner Zone 17th Aug 17, 9:28 AM
    • 2,207 Posts
    • 1,252 Thanks
    Inner Zone
    • 17th Aug 17, 9:28 AM
    • 17th Aug 17, 9:28 AM
    You can get discounted BT Sport with EE and Plusnet BB. Plusnet via their box or via Sky, not sure about EE.
    • grumpygardener
    • By grumpygardener 15th May 18, 6:53 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    grumpygardener
    • 15th May 18, 6:53 PM
    • 15th May 18, 6:53 PM
    You can get it free with a EE mobile contract, they have deals on at the moment.

Also free on VM if you dont mind having another box to go alongside sky
    Originally posted by bengalknights
    I wouldn't take a package deal with EE if it was the only one around. Nothing is ever free. Free means hidden somewhere deep in T's and C's.
    • grumpygardener
    • By grumpygardener 15th May 18, 6:59 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    grumpygardener
    • 15th May 18, 6:59 PM
    • 15th May 18, 6:59 PM
    Any football fans find they are stuck with bt for the discounted bt sports? It is not to my advantage to switch as it works out more expensive as bt sports on sky platform cost 22.50. Interested if anybody can get cheaper bt sports. Also not willing to leave sky for tv.
    Originally posted by loulou41
    We reluctantly joined BT Sport via Sky so that we could watch the England /Australia cricket. My first bill had only just arrived when BT increased the monthly charge by 3. I rang to cancel and without any haggle whatsoever BT knocked the price down to 5 less per month than I'd originally signed up for.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,467Posts Today

5,243Users online

Martin's Twitter