Missy's spend £10 a week on groceries get the house sorted & hit this debt hard diary

Options

Comments

• debtfreeoneday
    Options
    Hello - haven't popped in before!

I know that 'shall I risk a brew and wake the kids' moment - my need for tea always wins, although my DS is never asleep past 5am.

I'm sure you'll be fine Wednesday - it's only natural to feel that way! You'll miss them more than they miss you.

Will subscribe and keep up with you!
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • missymoo81
    missymoo81 Posts: 7,695 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Have just sat and worked out money etc, have set up a DD to pay both CC's have also transferred £115 from my PayPal account to my bank acct. Will be paying off £250 on my CC's this month. Going to activate a seperate account I have and get a card and use it as a spending money account so that I know that's money I can spend and I will never miss a payment again for my CC's because there's no money left as I've spent it :o

House is a tip but I'm more or less organised money wise! It's just the house and diet wise I need to sort!

Jobs for today that HAVE to get done:
    Wash uniforms, although new want them to smell delish
    Put all washing away
    Unload and reload DW
    Clean out fridge :eek:
  • missymoo81
    Options
    Hey debtfreeoneday! Thanks so much for coming over and for your kind words. I know Wednesday will be fine and May will be happy as Larry, just me that will be crying lol. Am going to meet my friend did coffee straight after so that should sort me out!

Right really need to get my bum in gear! Actually slept well last night but still have no enthusiasm lol
  • missymoo81
    edited 3 September 2017 at 10:54AM
    Options
    Ok have made bed, done a wash load and hung out to dry, sorted more washing to go on, put on another load, made breakfast, hung all May's clothes up, taken out the recycling, looked at the mess in my kitchen and ran upstairs to hide from it 'sigh' sounds like I've done loads but I haven't, have barely scratched the surface!
  • missymoo81
    Options
    Omg have massively overspent this month, no surprise there, but actually I didn't realise quite how much!!! Am definitely back to £10 a week, have more than enough for this week. Will shop again next weekend, have a £10 note in my phone, just going to check purse, basically it's whatever I can cobble together will be what I can spend!
  • missymoo81
    Options
    Gosh I've posted a lot today! Sorry! Anyway..... Have done 3 loads of washing, made lunch and sorted more banking stuff. Had yet another realisation that the after school club invoice needs paying!!!!! So need to find £80! Deep breaths. I've worked out I've actually made £80 on eBay after fees, a lot less than the £135 that went into my PayPal account! 'Sigh' but that can go to the after school club fees I guess. Have just asked virgin and Barclays to change my DD to the 1st of the month. Have actually got £25 for food shopping until the 23rd. Will also need petrol, but hoping to get away with not filling up so much as have £80 aside for that.... Best stop putting my foot down. Right need to get the other load of washing off the line and hang up all the clean washing and make a cuppa!
  • missymoo81
    Options
    Hmmm made the meatballs from Mr Oliver's new series.... Children ate it but my only complaint was the sauce, it didn't thicken at all, it was very very oily despite me tipping off most of the oil/fat, it actually took half an hour to cook, as opposed to the 5 minutes he seemed to take and there was too much pesto for my liking . But it I made slight adjustments it would be lovely next time. Very filling too, mind you I had two buns!
  • Toni'sfriend
    Options
    it actually took half an hour to cook, as opposed to the 5 minutes he seemed to take
    It's not just me then? I always find that things take much longer than they say. A few wee adjustments to make it more to your own taste and I be it'll be perfect.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • missymoo81
    Options
    It's not just me then? I always find that things take much longer than they say. A few wee adjustments to make it more to your own taste and I be it'll be perfect.

Definitely not just you! I've got his 15 minute meal book, and it's a definite 30-40mins! I guess that doesn't have the same ring to it! The meatballs made a nice change not something I would normally do.

Well I think I've achieved everything I set out to do. I am yet to put my clothes away, and I'm going to do the beds on Tuesday as they wouldn't have dried. But I'm pleased with what I've achieved. I've got a very busy day at work tomorrow. So nothing will get done and the next day is my birthday, so even less will get done! Should do more now but haven't really stopped all day, well apart from to post constantly lol.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    I really want to try the meatballs! But I do think he used loads of pesto! Way too much for my liking :cool:

Don't do anymore today now you've done your list whats left can wait! x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport