Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • joders
    • By joders 5th Aug 17, 9:06 AM
    • 36Posts
    • 41Thanks
    joders
    DRP Debt Recovery Plus Ltd, chasing PCN.
    • 5th Aug 17, 9:06 AM
    DRP Debt Recovery Plus Ltd, chasing PCN. 5th Aug 17 at 9:06 AM
    Has anyone had experience with this company and what was the outcome?

I overstayed at a McDonald's car park and received a PCN from UK Parking Control Ltd. The general advice was to ignore it, so I did.
    But now DRP Debt Recovery Ltd have been instructed to obtain immediate settlement of the PCN fee otherwise they'll refer it back to UK Parking Control Ltd with a recommendation to refer my case to a solicitor, to consider court proceedings against me.

I feel like just setting up a payment plan because I'm not sure it's actually going to go away like I was told it probably would !!!129300; !!!128527;

What have others done at this point?
Page 1
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 5th Aug 17, 9:15 AM
    • 7,152 Posts
    • 9,460 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 5th Aug 17, 9:15 AM
    • 5th Aug 17, 9:15 AM
    Has anyone had experience with this company and what was the outcome?

I overstayed at a McDonald's car park and received a PCN from UK Parking Control Ltd. The general advice was to ignore it, so I did.
    But now DRP Debt Recovery Ltd have been instructed to obtain immediate settlement of the PCN fee otherwise they'll refer it back to UK Parking Control Ltd with a recommendation to refer my case to a solicitor, to consider court proceedings against me.

I feel like just setting up a payment plan because I'm not sure it's actually going to go away like I was told it probably would !!!55358;!!!56596; !!!55357;!!!56847;

Originally posted by joders
    You must read the newbies thread first please

Forget DRP which has been said 1000's of times on this forum.

DRP are only low life debt collectors who have no power.
    They do send out rubbish and wild threats but at the end of
    day, only UKPC can take it further so IGNORE DRP, they might
    send a series of stupid letters and that's OK, just let
    the morons waste their time and money

Immediate payment indeed ???
    DRP are just throwing their toys out of their pram.
    Last edited by beamerguy; 05-08-2017 at 9:22 AM.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 5th Aug 17, 11:53 AM
    • 8,332 Posts
    • 8,590 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 5th Aug 17, 11:53 AM
    • 5th Aug 17, 11:53 AM
    Originally posted by joders
    Its not a matter of what others have done.

DRP and all debt collectors are covered in their entirety by Post Four of the Newbies Sticky. Which you need to read before doing anything else.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 5th Aug 17, 12:54 PM
    • 17,745 Posts
    • 22,352 Thanks
    Redx
    • 5th Aug 17, 12:54 PM
    • 5th Aug 17, 12:54 PM
    the answer is extremely simple

IGNORE DRP

DO NOT READ THEIR LETTERS

DO NOT RESPOND

they are powerless par@sites

thousands of "others" have ignored them , that is the advice given in post #4 of the NEWBIES sticky thread, please read it

and read this thread too

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5035663

and IGNORE drp or zenith
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • ShellyWidd
    • By ShellyWidd 12th Feb 18, 12:48 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    ShellyWidd
    • 12th Feb 18, 12:48 PM
    Debt recovery plus letter 're IPC fine
    • 12th Feb 18, 12:48 PM
    Can anyone help. Before Christmas I dropped a friend off at her Christmas party at the double tree hotel at Newcastle airport. Approx 1 week later I received a parking fine from IPC. this was obviously very confusing as at no point was I ever parked. I did stop for approximately 30 seconds to let her out if the car but I would not think this was parking.
    I appealed the charge and stupidly admitted that I was the driver in this appeal. Not surprisingly from what I have read the appeal was rejected on the grounds that I was unloading in a restricted area. I did not see any of the alleged signage saying that this was the case. When I asked them to send me a picture of the sign they sent one which was facing in the opposite direction.
    I ignored the second letter from them and have no e received a letter from DRP threatening me with court action if I don't pay up.
    Can anyone please advise as to whether this is something I should pay or not.
    Thanks in advance Shelly
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 12th Feb 18, 12:50 PM
    • 2,210 Posts
    • 2,612 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 12th Feb 18, 12:50 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 12:50 PM
    DRP - if you had done any research you would have seen that ignoring DRP is always good to go.
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 12th Feb 18, 1:11 PM
    • 8,332 Posts
    • 8,590 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 12th Feb 18, 1:11 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 1:11 PM
    Yup - Post 4 of the Newbies sticky tells you everything about DRP.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 12th Feb 18, 1:16 PM
    • 8,993 Posts
    • 8,655 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 12th Feb 18, 1:16 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 1:16 PM
    Dropping off is not parking and this is a scam. UKPC are known fraudsters, read this

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11858473/Parking-firm-UKPC-admits-faking-tickets-to-fine-drivers.html

Also watch this video

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the strongest of terms to your MP. With a fair wind these scammers will be out of business by Christmas.

Have you written bad stuff in Ronald's Facebook page? He hates that.
    Last edited by The Deep; 12-02-2018 at 1:20 PM.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 12th Feb 18, 1:19 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,295 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 12th Feb 18, 1:19 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 1:19 PM
    Can anyone help. Before Christmas I dropped a friend off at her Christmas party at the double tree hotel at Newcastle airport. Approx 1 week later I received a parking fine from IPC. this was obviously very confusing as at no point was I ever parked. I did stop for approximately 30 seconds to let her out if the car but I would not think this was parking.
    I appealed the charge and stupidly admitted that I was the driver in this appeal. Not surprisingly from what I have read the appeal was rejected on the grounds that I was unloading in a restricted area. I did not see any of the alleged signage saying that this was the case. When I asked them to send me a picture of the sign they sent one which was facing in the opposite direction.
    I ignored the second letter from them and have no e received a letter from DRP threatening me with court action if I don't pay up.
    Thanks in advance Shelly
    Originally posted by ShellyWidd

parking Co called IPC?

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10507363/officers

(internal joke)
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • ShellyWidd
    • By ShellyWidd 12th Feb 18, 1:30 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    ShellyWidd
    They are now trying to say I was unloading in a restricted area. As far as I know dropping off a person is not unloading
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 12th Feb 18, 1:32 PM
    • 35,088 Posts
    • 19,169 Thanks
    Quentin
    After reading up on this in the Newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum if you have any questions then you must start your own thread
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 12th Feb 18, 1:48 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,295 Thanks
    pappa golf
    Thanks in advance Shelly
    Originally posted by ShellyWidd
    and after research , does the land come under bylaws or not ?
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • ShellyWidd
    • By ShellyWidd 12th Feb 18, 2:03 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    ShellyWidd
    Not from what I can find
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 12th Feb 18, 2:06 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,295 Thanks
    pappa golf
    ok , now go back and read the newbies thread then start a new thread , this time clearly stating the full name of the parking Co

link to newbies thread http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,780Posts Today

8,242Users online

Martin's Twitter