Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Dorastar
    • By Dorastar 2nd Aug 17, 6:03 PM
    • 1,851Posts
    • 15,578Thanks
    Dorastar
    Starting over 2017
    • 2nd Aug 17, 6:03 PM
    Starting over 2017 2nd Aug 17 at 6:03 PM
    Just as the title suggests really, starting over after the ugliest of years ever. Family illness, my own illness and now losing my job means it's time to start over.
    Need to do my SoA so that's the plan over the next few days and then tackle everything head on, interest only mortgage, negative equity, credit card, bank loan, Tesco loan and get a new job/career. It ain't gonna be pretty but we will get there. Wish us luck
Page 13
    • Dorastar
    • By Dorastar 4th Aug 18, 2:40 PM
    • 1,851 Posts
    • 15,578 Thanks
    Dorastar
    Hot and thirsty work today still gutting the boy's room, 3 bags of clothes sorted, toys and books still to go but it's such a small room it gets very hot very quickly. No idea how he's got so much stuff, but a lot of it is from friends and relatives so I don't feel quite as bad about it. Remembered we had a small chest of drawers in the garage so have swapped it with a larger one he had so now at least he has a tiny bit more room in there. Moneywise I haven't been anywhere or done anything but going to have to do a food shop later today as there's barely anything fresh in now.
    Mr T 13592.76 Bank 3700.00 Mortgage 160,000
    Emergency Fund 2538 Blanket squares 29/60
    • Dorastar
    • By Dorastar 9th Aug 18, 9:16 AM
    • 1,851 Posts
    • 15,578 Thanks
    Dorastar
    Felt like we were doing ok but seem to have been bobbing to the shops quite a bit, without realising it so looking less rosy than I thought. Going away on Saturday but self catering so going to try and keep the costs down with plenty of packed lunches and taking stuff from the cupboards. Worked yesterday on a side hustle job so that's a bit more money coming in fairly soon, possibly tomorrow if the firm I worked for get their act together and hubby is doing overtime tomorrow and Saturday before we head off. Going to hunt out some free or cheaper trips out using vouchers for when we're away but the most important part is time away to be lazy!
    Mr T 13592.76 Bank 3700.00 Mortgage 160,000
    Emergency Fund 2538 Blanket squares 29/60
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 9th Aug 18, 3:30 PM
    • 56,176 Posts
    • 227,071 Thanks
    beanielou
    Enjoy your break Dora
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. MFW 2018. No 144
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,640Posts Today

8,422Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin