Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 2nd Aug 17, 1:40 PM
    • 13,275Posts
    • 41,915Thanks
    sarah1972
    0 WOW
    Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel
    • 2nd Aug 17, 1:40 PM
    0 WOW
    Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel 2nd Aug 17 at 1:40 PM
    It is that time again for a new thread as the old one is about to approach its 314th page.

Thanks to 3010 for posting the last thread

Please note in post number two there is now a list of FAQ that 3010 very kindly posted on the old thread so I have copied it here. .

Happy Posting

Link to old thread here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4742377

Link to Join (Private Households) https://rmselfrecruit.research-int.com/Questionnaire/qstIntroductionPrivate.aspx

Link to Join (Businesses with Franking Abilities) https://rmbus.research-int.com

FAQS http://rmpanelzone.research-int.com/FAQ.htm
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
Page 61
    • custardy
    • By custardy 12th Jul 18, 2:57 AM
    • 34,000 Posts
    • 28,894 Thanks
    custardy
    My local hospice collects used stamps, they have a couple of dedicated volunteers who sort and pack them for sale to philatelists at home and abroad. At the last count (actually quite a few years ago now, when they were featured in our local paper) they had raised more than £50,000 for the Hospice. The fund raising shops are always glad to receive them.
    Originally posted by Misslayed
    I'm not sure what that changes from my post? The majority of stamps supplied will be kiloware standard stamps.
    • lbw22
    • By lbw22 12th Jul 18, 6:47 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    lbw22
    Hi

I thought you used to get rewarded for posting cubes after they had been received.. Im sure you used to get an additional £2. I have posted quite a few cubes but not had them.
    Just got my vouchers for May delivered survey
    • Primrose
    • By Primrose 12th Jul 18, 7:10 PM
    • 8,300 Posts
    • 29,034 Thanks
    Primrose
    I,ve just received a second set of Harry & Megan commemorative stamps and a second set of incentive reward stamps, having received an identical set a week ago. Unsure whether this is accidental or intentional. Has this happened to anybody else ?
    • libra10
    • By libra10 12th Jul 18, 7:32 PM
    • 10,511 Posts
    • 211,495 Thanks
    libra10
    Hi

I thought you used to get rewarded for posting cubes after they had been received.. Im sure you used to get an additional £2. I have posted quite a few cubes but not had them.
    Originally posted by lbw22
    You should get rewarded several weeks after the cube has been posted. I usually keep the receipt, and if reward isn't sent send them a message. They have been known to forget to send.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 12th Jul 18, 8:40 PM
    • 56,790 Posts
    • 230,849 Thanks
    beanielou
    You should get rewarded several weeks after the cube has been posted. I usually keep the receipt, and if reward isn't sent send them a message. They have been known to forget to send.
    Originally posted by libra10
    Usually about a month after posting.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. MFW 2018. No 144
    • BookWorm
    • By BookWorm 12th Jul 18, 8:41 PM
    • 2,309 Posts
    • 13,995 Thanks
    BookWorm
    I,ve just received a second set of Harry & Megan commemorative stamps and a second set of incentive reward stamps, having received an identical set a week ago. Unsure whether this is accidental or intentional. Has this happened to anybody else ?
    Originally posted by Primrose

Yes, the same happened to me. I was coming to post here too
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 12th Jul 18, 8:42 PM
    • 56,790 Posts
    • 230,849 Thanks
    beanielou
    Hi

Originally posted by lbw22
    Usually about a month after posting.
    Originally posted by beanielou
    This is how it works for me.

Apologies libra, I quoted the wrong post.

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 12th Jul 18, 8:59 PM
    • 56,790 Posts
    • 230,849 Thanks
    beanielou
    Yes, the same happened to me. I was coming to post here too
    Originally posted by BookWorm
    Lucky you both

***Keep plodding***
    • purkles
    • By purkles 12th Jul 18, 10:53 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    purkles
    Hi

My second time doing this but can't remember.... when do you get your first presentation pack?
    I've done the training, I now have my first back of normal items to post next week.
    I thought you got it with your first proper pack?
    • LalalaLindy
    • By LalalaLindy 13th Jul 18, 10:26 AM
    • 66 Posts
    • 585 Thanks
    LalalaLindy
    I’ve recently finished main posting stint (finally) and not had any presentation pack yet. I think some of you might have mine and purkles packs!
    JAN GC: £409.00/£390 + 10 NSD ** FEB GC: £388.40/£390 + 10 NSD
    MAR GC: £428.96/£390 + 9 NSD ** APR GC: £137.38/£390 + 5 NSD

LBM 23/09/13 - DFD 08/10/17
    • aninymoose
    • By aninymoose 13th Jul 18, 1:16 PM
    • 134 Posts
    • 250 Thanks
    aninymoose
    I got two lots of Game of Thrones sets. My two kids have claimed them. Not sure they would have been as quick to claim Harry and Meghan ones lol
    • Primrose
    • By Primrose 13th Jul 18, 1:24 PM
    • 8,300 Posts
    • 29,034 Thanks
    Primrose
    Can anybody explain what the Expired Ticket message means in the Messges section. I don't understand it. And I keep receiving messages saying I have unread messges when I have read everything. There are still obviously things on this site which still need sorting out unless I am drastically misunderstanding something.
    Last edited by Primrose; 13-07-2018 at 2:01 PM.
    • bettyboo71
    • By bettyboo71 13th Jul 18, 3:12 PM
    • 264 Posts
    • 386 Thanks
    bettyboo71
    On the News Feed on the website, the second message is this
    'To prevent them from being identified by postal workers, please don't write anything on test items before you send them out (unless of course it's the address on a handwritten item).'
    I guess I am not the only one who has a problem with this. Today I have received the second item this week with details of posting day/location written on the outside of the item. If anyone has difficulty understanding why this might be a problem, I'll explain from my perspective. I live in a small village, and our postman also lives here. As well as delivering our post almost every day, he empties the two postboxes in the village, as well as collecting items from the village post office. I already worry that he could be suspicious of some of the items I send and receive, so don't want anything else that might attract his attention. (to minimise this as best I can, I post as many items as I can in the other village where I work, as I am not so well known there, and the post office is a lot busier, so less likely to remember me)
    I know lots of people use post-its. I find that they sometimes fall off. What I do is write posting details on the inside flap of envelopes, and leave them unsealed until I'm ready to post them. This isn't at all visible when the item is sealed.

On a different subject, I had a cube this week that was very poorly taped up. I know the sellotape they give us isn't very good quality, but they send plenty, so people should be making sure items are properly sealed.

Rant over.

On a more positive note, I received an item which included a postcard. I have concluded that this is possibly to disguise the smart. I know I sometimes got additional items in the QOAS mail, probably for the same reason. I think it says somewhere that you mustn't include any additional items with the post, but I think this is quite a good idea.
    • BookWorm
    • By BookWorm 13th Jul 18, 6:32 PM
    • 2,309 Posts
    • 13,995 Thanks
    BookWorm
    I’ve recently finished main posting stint (finally) and not had any presentation pack yet. I think some of you might have mine and purkles packs!
    Originally posted by LalalaLindy

ooops

I got two lots of Game of Thrones sets. My two kids have claimed them. Not sure they would have been as quick to claim Harry and Meghan ones lol
    Originally posted by aninymoose

I would have liked GOT stamps.....
    • BookWorm
    • By BookWorm 13th Jul 18, 6:34 PM
    • 2,309 Posts
    • 13,995 Thanks
    BookWorm
    Can anybody explain what the Expired Ticket message means in the Messges section. I don't understand it. And I keep receiving messages saying I have unread messges when I have read everything. There are still obviously things on this site which still need sorting out unless I am drastically misunderstanding something.

The expired ticket appears to mean that you can't reply to that thread (or set of messages) anymore. You would have to start a new query

Can't help you with the unread messages thing. Could you try deleting them instead? (if you didn't want to keep them)
    • InA
    • By InA 13th Jul 18, 9:54 PM
    • 114 Posts
    • 361 Thanks
    InA
    On the News Feed on the website, the second message is this
    'To prevent them from being identified by postal workers, please don't write anything on test items before you send them out (unless of course it's the address on a handwritten item).'
    I guess I am not the only one who has a problem with this.
    Originally posted by bettyboo71
    I also find this a bit of a nuisance, and if you think about it, it probably doesn't save time for the sender. I recently had an envelope where someone had written the postal date as, "Mon after midday", on the outside.

As there's only one day of the week beginning with M, and "after midday" could easily have been shortened to pm, it's seems the sender was just going through the motions of copying from sheet.

I think this problem might stem from early advice given on this forum. When I first joined the panel (many, many years ago) I read through this thread looking for tips and several posters had suggested making a note of postal times on the envelopes, or to use post-its.

So from day one, I adopted the practice of writing on envelopes; however, I only write on the inside flap and ensure I don't press down too hard so that no markings are visible on the outside. I realised that I only do this because I got into the habit of doing it, but on reflection I doubt it saves much time as I always consult the sheet at the same time to double check.

I think it might be useful for newbies (who might turn to this thread for advice, as I did) if the post at the start of this thread explicitly advised against writing on the outside of envelopes. It might save other panelists from the mild embarrassment of receiving suspicious looking post, or even being kicked off the panel.
    • quoia
    • By quoia 13th Jul 18, 11:02 PM
    • 13,118 Posts
    • 141,531 Thanks
    quoia

<snip>

On a different subject, I had a cube this week that was very poorly taped up. I know the sellotape they give us isn't very good quality, but they send plenty, so people should be making sure items are properly sealed.

</snip>
    Originally posted by bettyboo71
    There are morons out there

I despair. TNS will send you tape, people.

Originally posted by 8pumpkinpie8
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
    • Snozzle
    • By Snozzle 14th Jul 18, 2:23 PM
    • 51 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    Snozzle
    I have received a cube this week with no sides taped at all! If I knew how to post t picture I would - who knows how many people have opened it out of curiosity.
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 14th Jul 18, 3:06 PM
    • 3,610 Posts
    • 1,889 Thanks
    MABLE
    I also find this a bit of a nuisance, and if you think about it, it probably doesn't save time for the sender. I recently had an envelope where someone had written the postal date as, "Mon after midday", on the outside.

As there's only one day of the week beginning with M, and "after midday" could easily have been shortened to pm, it's seems the sender was just going through the motions of copying from sheet.

I think this problem might stem from early advice given on this forum. When I first joined the panel (many, many years ago) I read through this thread looking for tips and several posters had suggested making a note of postal times on the envelopes, or to use post-its.

So from day one, I adopted the practice of writing on envelopes; however, I only write on the inside flap and ensure I don't press down too hard so that no markings are visible on the outside. I realised that I only do this because I got into the habit of doing it, but on reflection I doubt it saves much time as I always consult the sheet at the same time to double check.

I think it might be useful for newbies (who might turn to this thread for advice, as I did) if the post at the start of this thread explicitly advised against writing on the outside of envelopes. It might save other panelists from the mild embarrassment of receiving suspicious looking post, or even being kicked off the panel.
    Originally posted by InA
    I just put a yellow sticky on each item and the day of posting remove and post etc.
    • Saetana
    • By Saetana 14th Jul 18, 5:13 PM
    • 1,127 Posts
    • 2,251 Thanks
    Saetana
    Oh joy - I've been away on holiday this week and returned to find my first proper posting pack for this stint arrived - with 2 cubes to post! I suppose it could be worse - at least they didn't send me a posting pack for my holiday week. Seriously considering not being available to do my stint next year - I'd try saying I was unable to post daily for a while and hopefully still be able to do the voucher surveys. More and more of my local post boxes are changing to 9am collections - its rarely possible for me to get out that early in the day - and getting to a post office either entails walking up a very long steep hill or a bus ride into the city centre
    2018 Wins: £160 Boots, £57 Vouchers, £10 Survey Credit, £112 Cash, £5 Scratchcards, DVD Player, 2 Beanie Hats, 5 T-Shirts, 6 Books, Silver Necklace/Earrings, Fitnesswear, Toiletries/Perfume/Skincare, Costume Jewellery, Chocolate, Mars Milk, Beer, Rum
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,421Posts Today

9,066Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin