Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 2nd Aug 17, 1:40 PM
    • 13,280Posts
    • 41,919Thanks
    sarah1972
    0 WOW
    Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel
    • 2nd Aug 17, 1:40 PM
    0 WOW
    Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel 2nd Aug 17 at 1:40 PM
    It is that time again for a new thread as the old one is about to approach its 314th page.

Thanks to 3010 for posting the last thread

Please note in post number two there is now a list of FAQ that 3010 very kindly posted on the old thread so I have copied it here. .

Happy Posting

Link to old thread here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4742377

Link to Join (Private Households) https://rmselfrecruit.research-int.com/Questionnaire/qstIntroductionPrivate.aspx

Link to Join (Businesses with Franking Abilities) https://rmbus.research-int.com

FAQS http://rmpanelzone.research-int.com/FAQ.htm
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
Page 60
    • NBLondon
    • By NBLondon 5th Jul 18, 9:50 AM
    • 2,085 Posts
    • 10,690 Thanks
    NBLondon
    Many of us have been on the survey for a long time and, when we signed up, there were far more postboxes with a late collection and, in my case, a local post office which has now closed.
    Originally posted by Saetana
    Yep - or we have changed jobs away from the quiet PO that could be nipped out to in a lunch-break. I don't mind a 5 minute detour on the way to/from the office (on the days I am in the office) or a walk (on days I am working from home) but I wouldn't go to the lengths some of our rural posters have to for a 2 voucher....
    Womble #7 - Running Total 17.15 $2.69 5.68 S//0.10 (10 Ukrainian kopiyki) Bds$0.10 A$0.15 NZ$0.55 C$0.89 S$0.20 zl0.02 (Polish grosze) LB0.22 (Bulgarian stotinka) ISKr 5 DKr 0.50 CHF 0.60 R0.10 (Rand not Rupees) KD0.05 (Kuwaiti fils) MDL0.25 (Moldovan bani)
    • Ms Chocaholic
    • By Ms Chocaholic 5th Jul 18, 12:58 PM
    • 9,522 Posts
    • 57,952 Thanks
    Ms Chocaholic
    I'm back on the Panel, received my invite the other day. Any idea how long till my first posting pack, I can't remember from the last stint, thanks.

Also it's my first stint since they've rolled out the new website and I've now downloaded the app, is it fairly simple to navigate.
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till The End

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
    • Roselilyjas
    • By Roselilyjas 6th Jul 18, 1:45 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Roselilyjas
    Heads up!
    Mail Invite for "Correctly Delivered" received on 6th July around 1am.
    • Locky
    • By Locky 6th Jul 18, 9:09 AM
    • 945 Posts
    • 2,788 Thanks
    Locky
    Heads up!
    Originally posted by Roselilyjas

Missed it! Typical, I was awake till 00.45!
    • bdark2755
    • By bdark2755 6th Jul 18, 9:39 AM
    • 41 Posts
    • 37 Thanks
    bdark2755
    Missed it! Typical, I was awake till 00.45!
    Originally posted by Locky
    Heads up!
    Originally posted by Roselilyjas
    I had the email at 1.15am logged in at 9.15 this morning and the invite was still there, so it is down to how many people in the area, and not who is quickest off the mark.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 6th Jul 18, 2:08 PM
    • 19,311 Posts
    • 13,521 Thanks
    molerat
    Received my voucher today for correctly delivered 11th-23rd June, pretty quick !
    https://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/give-support/donate-now/
    • colinhib
    • By colinhib 6th Jul 18, 4:30 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    colinhib
    Thanks for the replies - I realise I get it easy here, post box outside my office and post office 100 yards away.
    I was trying to get onto the business survey but unfortunately have no franking machine here.

To go off topic (again) - I collect used stamps for charity - do you think TNS would be open to an appeal to send theirs on to me or would they already be signed up to similar?
    • custardy
    • By custardy 6th Jul 18, 5:00 PM
    • 34,006 Posts
    • 28,901 Thanks
    custardy
    Thanks for the replies - I realise I get it easy here, post box outside my office and post office 100 yards away.
    I was trying to get onto the business survey but unfortunately have no franking machine here.

To go off topic (again) - I collect used stamps for charity - do you think TNS would be open to an appeal to send theirs on to me or would they already be signed up to similar?
    Originally posted by colinhib
    Where do you think the 'value' in used stamps is?
    • elsien
    • By elsien 8th Jul 18, 9:54 PM
    • 17,129 Posts
    • 43,193 Thanks
    elsien
    Sorry folks, I know this has been asked before but I still can't find the answer.
    What are the new rules for which to follow if the online information is different to the printed information in the posting pack about where and when to post?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 8th Jul 18, 9:59 PM
    • 56,818 Posts
    • 231,241 Thanks
    beanielou
    Sorry folks, I know this has been asked before but I still can't find the answer.
    What are the new rules for which to follow if the online information is different to the printed information in the posting pack about where and when to post?
    Originally posted by elsien
    Follow online as it is the most up to date.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. MFW 2018. No 144
    • BookWorm
    • By BookWorm 10th Jul 18, 10:10 AM
    • 2,309 Posts
    • 13,995 Thanks
    BookWorm
    I've just had my posting pack for next week and in it was a letter confirming it was my last posting pack. I've also had my presentation stamps. So my current stint is finally (and definitely!) coming to an end) - yay! I'm looking forward to the break
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 10th Jul 18, 10:24 AM
    • 56,818 Posts
    • 231,241 Thanks
    beanielou
    I've just had my posting pack for next week and in it was a letter confirming it was my last posting pack. I've also had my presentation stamps. So my current stint is finally (and definitely!) coming to an end) - yay! I'm looking forward to the break
    Originally posted by BookWorm

Mine carried on for a good while after that.
    Finally on my last week now.
    That has been sine September!

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 10th Jul 18, 10:26 AM
    • 3,612 Posts
    • 1,889 Thanks
    MABLE
    Follow online as it is the most up to date.
    Originally posted by beanielou
    I do all my postings prep as soon as it arrives and apply sticky to each item to advise me when to post and other details etc. However like others on here on find the information has changed online and this happens on lots of occasions. I now check online the day of posting to check latest status.
    • Chocmonster7
    • By Chocmonster7 10th Jul 18, 10:52 AM
    • 2,295 Posts
    • 2,032 Thanks
    Chocmonster7
    Missed delivery on Saturday, which I arranged to have redelivered today, turned out to be a Medium parcel from the survey.

Inside was not just the polysterne, Smart & R Number sheet but also some folded cardboard & paper the kind you usually put into the Jiffy bags.

Entered the details to find that the sender had paid more cash out to send it 1st class instead of the 2nd TNS had asked for!
    • NBLondon
    • By NBLondon 10th Jul 18, 11:49 AM
    • 2,085 Posts
    • 10,690 Thanks
    NBLondon
    I think I've finished training... Nothing to post this week; next week I'm out of town and the web says real things to post starting 23rd July. So that was just 3 weeks of AEDB.
    Womble #7 - Running Total 17.15 $2.69 5.68 S//0.10 (10 Ukrainian kopiyki) Bds$0.10 A$0.15 NZ$0.55 C$0.89 S$0.20 zl0.02 (Polish grosze) LB0.22 (Bulgarian stotinka) ISKr 5 DKr 0.50 CHF 0.60 R0.10 (Rand not Rupees) KD0.05 (Kuwaiti fils) MDL0.25 (Moldovan bani)
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 10th Jul 18, 12:13 PM
    • 56,818 Posts
    • 231,241 Thanks
    beanielou
    I do all my postings prep as soon as it arrives and apply sticky to each item to advise me when to post and other details etc. However like others on here on find the information has changed online and this happens on lots of occasions. I now check online the day of posting to check latest status.
    Originally posted by MABLE
    This is what I do.
    Mini post its are my friend!

***Keep plodding***
    • colinhib
    • By colinhib 11th Jul 18, 12:23 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    colinhib
    Where do you think the 'value' in used stamps is?
    Originally posted by custardy
    Always wondered that myself but I have a box here in the office from Kidney Care UK.
    • colinhib
    • By colinhib 11th Jul 18, 12:26 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    colinhib
    It's a public holiday here tomorrow (NI) and I have a letter scheduled for posting - best to keep it until next week or post it anyway though it won't be lifted til Friday?
    • custardy
    • By custardy 11th Jul 18, 1:31 PM
    • 34,006 Posts
    • 28,901 Thanks
    custardy
    Always wondered that myself but I have a box here in the office from Kidney Care UK.
    Originally posted by colinhib
    Majority sifted for unfranked stamps to be resold as 'unused'
    • Misslayed
    • By Misslayed 11th Jul 18, 9:51 PM
    • 4,817 Posts
    • 25,448 Thanks
    Misslayed
    Majority sifted for unfranked stamps to be resold as 'unused'
    Originally posted by custardy
    My local hospice collects used stamps, they have a couple of dedicated volunteers who sort and pack them for sale to philatelists at home and abroad. At the last count (actually quite a few years ago now, when they were featured in our local paper) they had raised more than 50,000 for the Hospice. The fund raising shops are always glad to receive them.
    Last edited by Misslayed; 11-07-2018 at 9:59 PM.
    Hi. Martin has asked me to tell you I'm a (novice) Board Guide on the Competitions, Site Feedback and Campaigns boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

117Posts Today

1,088Users online

Martin's Twitter