Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 2nd Aug 17, 1:40 PM
    • 13,293Posts
    • 41,931Thanks
    sarah1972
    0 WOW
    Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel
    • 2nd Aug 17, 1:40 PM
    0 WOW
    Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel 2nd Aug 17 at 1:40 PM
    It is that time again for a new thread as the old one is about to approach its 314th page.

Thanks to 3010 for posting the last thread

Please note in post number two there is now a list of FAQ that 3010 very kindly posted on the old thread so I have copied it here. .

Happy Posting

Link to old thread here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4742377

Link to Join (Private Households) https://rmselfrecruit.research-int.com/Questionnaire/qstIntroductionPrivate.aspx

Link to Join (Businesses with Franking Abilities) https://rmbus.research-int.com

FAQS http://rmpanelzone.research-int.com/FAQ.htm
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
Page 42
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 17th Apr 18, 4:20 PM
    • 56,880 Posts
    • 231,644 Thanks
    beanielou
    Got next weeks posting's at last.
    Not one but two cubes.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. MFW 2018. No 144
    • kazzybabes
    • By kazzybabes 17th Apr 18, 4:32 PM
    • 285 Posts
    • 478 Thanks
    kazzybabes
    Have you read the information on the website telling you what
    exactly is unaddressed mail?

Does the card have your name or your address on it? If not, I would take it that it would be counted as unaddressed mail but I have never received a red card when I have been doing the survey so perhaps someone else will be able to comment.
    Originally posted by redagila
    Yes I have read it however this is the correctly delivered survey and I could not find any information in the help section, there isn’t much there
    • GetRealBabe
    • By GetRealBabe 17th Apr 18, 5:00 PM
    • 2,187 Posts
    • 2,420 Thanks
    GetRealBabe
    Yes I have read it however this is the correctly delivered survey and I could not find any information in the help section, there isn’t much there
    Originally posted by kazzybabes
    Hi

Are you getting the mail re-delivered? If yes, enter the date you receive it.
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 014-Finally got a signature.

• kazzybabes
    • By kazzybabes 17th Apr 18, 5:11 PM
    • 285 Posts
    • 478 Thanks
    kazzybabes
    Hi

Are you getting the mail re-delivered? If yes, enter the date you receive it.
    Originally posted by GetRealBabe
    Thank you! I will be picking it up from the delivery office though ao maybe I just won’t register it at all? It is a confusing one lol!
    • quoia
    • By quoia 17th Apr 18, 6:06 PM
    • 13,119 Posts
    • 141,531 Thanks
    quoia
    Hi! For the correctly delivered survey, what do i do if i got a red sorry we missed you card? Is that classed as doorstepped or just put it in as a letter? Thanks!
    Two things spring to mind.

Firstly, UNTIL you actually have the item of mail for which the red card has been left, you cannot know whether it has been CORRECTLY delivered OR MISdelivered

When you have collected it, or successfully had it REdelivered, you might just find that it has NEXT DOOR's/STREET's/TOWN's address on it and it's not yours.
    Of course if this was the case you might only find out IF you collect it .....
    ... since IF it does NOT have your address on it, it might be REdelivered "correctly" and you will never receive anything.

Secondly, I'd suggest the RECEIVED date is not the day of the card being left but the day you have it REdelivered presuming you choose this method.
    Not sure WHEN to enter if you collect it!
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•Ώ•)›
    ‹(•Ώ•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
    • kazzybabes
    • By kazzybabes 17th Apr 18, 7:21 PM
    • 285 Posts
    • 478 Thanks
    kazzybabes
    Two things spring to mind.

Firstly, UNTIL you actually have the item of mail for which the red card has been left, you cannot know whether it has been CORRECTLY delivered OR MISdelivered

When you have collected it, or successfully had it REdelivered, you might just find that it has NEXT DOOR's/STREET's/TOWN's address on it and it's not yours.
    Of course if this was the case you might only find out IF you collect it .....
    ... since IF it does NOT have your address on it, it might be REdelivered "correctly" and you will never receive anything.

Secondly, I'd suggest the RECEIVED date is not the day of the card being left but the day you have it REdelivered presuming you choose this method.
    Originally posted by quoia
    Thanks Quoia! I think I might just leave it off lol! I will be collecting it myself anyway, my details were on the card they left so assuming would be my item okay but I suppose I won’t know for sure! Thanks again
    • NBLondon
    • By NBLondon 18th Apr 18, 10:13 AM
    • 2,094 Posts
    • 10,727 Thanks
    NBLondon
    Originally posted by quoia
    Hmmm - the card is delivered by the postie and has my name and address correctly - but it's not a mailed item. However, if I'd been there at the time - there would have been a correctly delivered item to log. So are they tracking the time it took from sender to recipient's address? If yes, then logging the time of the card and ignoring the time you actually got it would be more accurate. If no, then getting a re-delivery and logging the actual time of arrival in recipient's hands is a different measure but still useful. But if I get a card and choose/am not able to go to the DO for 4 days then the delay is of my making, not RMs so it isn't a fair measure to log the latter date. To make it more confusing, my DO is open on Sunday afternoons and that's when I'm most likely to go so logging it as received on Sunday is going to cause problems isn't it?

Short Answer: I dunno either... have you sent a message to ask, kazzybabes? Lets us know if you get a sensible answer, please!
    Womble #7 - Running Total £18.15 $2.69 €5.69 S//0.10 (10 Ukrainian kopiyki) Bds$0.10 A$0.15 NZ$0.55 C$0.89 S$0.20 zl0.02 (Polish grosze) LB0.22 (Bulgarian stotinka) ISKr 5 DKr 0.50 CHF 0.60 R0.10 (Rand not Rupees) KD0.05 (Kuwaiti fils) MDL0.25 (Moldovan bani)
    • kazzybabes
    • By kazzybabes 18th Apr 18, 6:18 PM
    • 285 Posts
    • 478 Thanks
    kazzybabes
    Short Answer: I dunno either... have you sent a message to ask, kazzybabes? Lets us know if you get a sensible answer, please![/QUOTE]

I have sent a message as I received another red card today for another parcel lol! I will update when I get a reply
    • NBLondon
    • By NBLondon 19th Apr 18, 8:50 AM
    • 2,094 Posts
    • 10,727 Thanks
    NBLondon
    I have made a discovery... Up to now, I have only ever seen the "Other items not Listed" hamd tile - which disappears when I click the date. Today - two new tiles have appeared with leaflets to look out for. If I select the date first - the "other items" hand disappears but not the specific items. If I select the the "other items" hand I get the error message to select a date. If I select a "specific item" tile it ticks that box but no error message.

Which makes me think the designer/coder assumed you would always follow a sequence of tick the specific items then tick for other items then select date. They didn't plan for no specific item received but other item received as a possibility.
    Originally posted by NBLondon
    And the plot thickens....

Tuesday - I got the two pictured items. Ticked them, ticked the hand to say I'd got a third item, chose the date hit Submit. All worked fine.

Yesterday - I got the two pictured items again. [See upthread for discussion of that...] Ticked the hand to say I'd got two items, chose the date hit Submit. All worked fine.

So I don't know if there's been a patch to fix the issue or the fact that I have now ticked the specific pictured items has (re)set a flag somewhere.
    Womble #7 - Running Total £18.15 $2.69 €5.69 S//0.10 (10 Ukrainian kopiyki) Bds$0.10 A$0.15 NZ$0.55 C$0.89 S$0.20 zl0.02 (Polish grosze) LB0.22 (Bulgarian stotinka) ISKr 5 DKr 0.50 CHF 0.60 R0.10 (Rand not Rupees) KD0.05 (Kuwaiti fils) MDL0.25 (Moldovan bani)
    • kazzybabes
    • By kazzybabes 19th Apr 18, 6:45 PM
    • 285 Posts
    • 478 Thanks
    kazzybabes
    So I recieved a reply today and they advise me to register the red card as a letter for that day! Oops!
    • molerat
    • By molerat 21st Apr 18, 1:50 PM
    • 19,332 Posts
    • 13,532 Thanks
    molerat
    For some reason they have removed the correctly delivered guide from the list, I knew I should have downloaded it
    https://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/give-support/donate-now/
    • GetRealBabe
    • By GetRealBabe 21st Apr 18, 4:43 PM
    • 2,187 Posts
    • 2,420 Thanks
    GetRealBabe
    For some reason they have removed the correctly delivered guide from the list, I knew I should have downloaded it
    Originally posted by molerat
    Hi

The Help section has some questions and answers about Correctly Delivered surveys.
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 014-Finally got a signature.

• NBLondon
    • By NBLondon 21st Apr 18, 5:23 PM
    • 2,094 Posts
    • 10,727 Thanks
    NBLondon
    Just got an invite back on to the main panel. Funny I've only been off 3 months... Let's see how the new website works then!
    • elsien
    • By elsien 22nd Apr 18, 9:41 PM
    • 17,154 Posts
    • 43,244 Thanks
    elsien
    The survey website has unilaterally decided to remove one of my postboxes from my list. is there a way to find it from the address? The website is asking for the post box number and without going out to look I have no idea - was hoping to google and enter the information today.
    Thanks
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • quoia
    • By quoia 22nd Apr 18, 9:56 PM
    • 13,119 Posts
    • 141,531 Thanks
    quoia
    The survey website has unilaterally decided to remove one of my postboxes from my list. is there a way to find it from the address? The website is asking for the post box number and without going out to look I have no idea - was hoping to google and enter the information today.
    Thanks
    Originally posted by elsien
    Possibly. What's the address ?

(11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    • elsien
    • By elsien 22nd Apr 18, 9:57 PM
    • 17,154 Posts
    • 43,244 Thanks
    elsien
    Can I PM you rather than putting it on here?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • quoia
    • By quoia 22nd Apr 18, 10:03 PM
    • 13,119 Posts
    • 141,531 Thanks
    quoia
    Can I PM you rather than putting it on here?
    Of course you can - postcode or 1st part of it might be useful/enough

• quoia
    • By quoia 22nd Apr 18, 10:50 PM
    • 13,119 Posts
    • 141,531 Thanks
    quoia
    Thanks
    Believe I've found what you're looking for.
    Tried it on TNS Postal Platform and it seems to agree.

Cheers
    Q

• trix-a-belle
    • By trix-a-belle 23rd Apr 18, 8:59 AM
    • 851 Posts
    • 3,608 Thanks
    trix-a-belle
    Thanks
    I use http://dracos.co.uk/made/nearest-postbox/ which gives IDs
    - Mortgage: 1st one down, 2nd: £114800 £101k
    - Student Loan: £ 7100 0!
    Swagbucks, Neobux, GiffGaff, Roamler, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
    MFiT-T4
    • quoia
    • By quoia 23rd Apr 18, 5:21 PM
    • 13,119 Posts
    • 141,531 Thanks
    quoia
    Originally posted by trix-a-belle
    Yes, think it has been mentioned before.

Couple of problems, for some reason I can't get the "pop-up" bubble, that contains the ID, postcode, description and times etc., to display on my Samsung tablet.
    Tried a few things, both desktop & mobile site but no joy.
    A tap on the mouse pad or single left click and it works on my old XP laptop. ODD !

The other thing is you can't get the same "pop-up" bubble to work IF you cant get to click on the marker for an individual box.
    IF there are 2 boxes close together, literally side by side, then you end up with a green circle with a 2 in the middle which is not clickable.
    I have at least half a dozen of these quite close to me. The 2nd box is a Business box for the franked mail that is deposited in a zipped up pouch or similar.

And I've just discovered another
    There is not a marker for the external "wall" post boxes at 2 of the Post Offices in the city centre, including the Crown Office

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2Posts Today

3,866Users online

Martin's Twitter