Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 2nd Aug 17, 1:40 PM
    • 13,132Posts
    • 41,397Thanks
    sarah1972
    3 WOW
    Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel
    • 2nd Aug 17, 1:40 PM
    3 WOW
    Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel 2nd Aug 17 at 1:40 PM
    It is that time again for a new thread as the old one is about to approach its 314th page.

Thanks to 3010 for posting the last thread

Please note in post number two there is now a list of FAQ that 3010 very kindly posted on the old thread so I have copied it here. .

Happy Posting

Link to old thread here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4742377

Link to Join (Private Households) https://rmselfrecruit.research-int.com/Questionnaire/qstIntroductionPrivate.aspx

Link to Join (Businesses with Franking Abilities) https://rmbus.research-int.com

FAQS http://rmpanelzone.research-int.com/FAQ.htm
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
Page 16
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 12th Jan 18, 11:24 AM
    • 35,913 Posts
    • 20,185 Thanks
    Quentin
    does anyone use the large white envelopes that come with the stuff in?
    I have quite a stack but being tight i don't want to use my large letter stamps to post something that fits into a smaller envelope!

What does anyone else do with them all?
    Originally posted by saving-mad
    Can't you fold and tape the envelopes so that they fit the size for normal postage and can be recycled?
    • elsien
    • By elsien 12th Jan 18, 11:27 AM
    • 16,564 Posts
    • 41,813 Thanks
    elsien
    Looks like Im back on the survey after being bumped off in November before I even went live but looks like Im back on training again !!!128533; does anyone know if it will be the full training period again or will it be shorter this time?

MBM xd
    Originally posted by mustbemad
    Last couple of times it's been shorter, just a couple of weeks.
    Plus the obligatory email half way through training saying they're oversubscribed and taking you off the panel, followed closely by the next posting pack.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • quoia
    • By quoia 12th Jan 18, 12:33 PM
    • 13,101 Posts
    • 141,517 Thanks
    quoia
    Can't you fold and tape the envelopes so that they fit the size for normal postage and can be recycled?
    Originally posted by Quentin
    Better still cut them in half and make 2 "new" envelopes that fit the standard "non-large" template
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ()
    () Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
    • dobbiesloan
    • By dobbiesloan 12th Jan 18, 5:50 PM
    • 1,517 Posts
    • 2,619 Thanks
    dobbiesloan
    Anti-Scottish bigotry
    Originally posted by NBLondon
    probably
    GONE ENGLAND
    • seatbeltnoob
    • By seatbeltnoob 13th Jan 18, 3:45 PM
    • 450 Posts
    • 107 Thanks
    seatbeltnoob
    I completed my first 6 month stretch a while ago, and they automatically tried to enrol me onto another session.

I withdrew before they could send the stuff out to me. I think this is fine for retired people, but it's a real drag for someone like me who works from home and has to leave the house to post stuff on specific times. There were some weeks where I had up to 5 stuff to post all having their own special time/packing requirements.

They need to pay people at least 20-30 for their time to do this. It is quite involved. Paying people in lousy stamps is just not enough.

Also a lot of mess get created. I had so much paperwork, plastic bags accumulated. You really needed to be well organised to clear up all the mess.

Last but no least their website is not intuitive not is it easy to work with. I find the posting/receiving entries were really repeptitive and annoying. The website seems to have been built in the early 2000's and is repetitive to use.

Lastly. I joined initially for altruism. I felt the royal mail were slow in my area and I wanted to take part in the survey so I couold give royal mail some hard feedback. The bulk of the letters were from peer to peer. But there were a lot of letters where you send things off to corporations and corporations sending things to you. It made me wonder what these were for?

The cynic in me says these were provided to the corporations so they can get a gauge of deliver-ability of their bulk mail and perhaps use data to sue/get refund from royal mail.

In any case, I did not join to help out corporations without being properly renumerated/ .
    Last edited by seatbeltnoob; 13-01-2018 at 3:49 PM.
    • Minimods
    • By Minimods 13th Jan 18, 9:23 PM
    • 170 Posts
    • 47 Thanks
    Minimods
    I completed my first 6 month stretch a while ago, and they automatically tried to enrol me onto another session.

I withdrew before they could send the stuff out to me. I think this is fine for retired people, but it's a real drag for someone like me who works from home and has to leave the house to post stuff on specific times. There were some weeks where I had up to 5 stuff to post all having their own special time/packing requirements.

They need to pay people at least 20-30 for their time to do this. It is quite involved. Paying people in lousy stamps is just not enough.

Also a lot of mess get created. I had so much paperwork, plastic bags accumulated. You really needed to be well organised to clear up all the mess.

Last but no least their website is not intuitive not is it easy to work with. I find the posting/receiving entries were really repeptitive and annoying. The website seems to have been built in the early 2000's and is repetitive to use.

Lastly. I joined initially for altruism. I felt the royal mail were slow in my area and I wanted to take part in the survey so I couold give royal mail some hard feedback. The bulk of the letters were from peer to peer. But there were a lot of letters where you send things off to corporations and corporations sending things to you. It made me wonder what these were for?

The cynic in me says these were provided to the corporations so they can get a gauge of deliver-ability of their bulk mail and perhaps use data to sue/get refund from royal mail.

In any case, I did not join to help out corporations without being properly renumerated/ .
    Originally posted by seatbeltnoob
    Yes, it can be a pain. The worst thing for me are the parcels, having to pay out of my own pocket to post them and in return getting L2S vouchers which I find hard to spend (cashiers seem surprised to see 1 vouchers and it is such a faff when I want to get out of the shop!). In this day and age a prepaid debit card would not be too hard surely. The website definitely needs an upgrade but I find it usable. I won't be continuing when invited after I finish this stint (4th or 5th round).
    • elsien
    • By elsien 13th Jan 18, 9:43 PM
    • 16,564 Posts
    • 41,813 Thanks
    elsien

I don't find it that bad. Post office and post boxes are both easy walking distance. Posting before 9 I do when I'm walking the dog, if I'm working from home I go out a lunchtime and do the morning ones just before 12 and the afternoon ones just after, or I shove things in the post box on the way home.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • littlemoney
    • By littlemoney 14th Jan 18, 1:15 PM
    • 237 Posts
    • 141 Thanks
    littlemoney
    Sunday posting
    I was wondering that when you have something to post on Monday before noon, has anyone posted it on the Sunday before and then logged it as posted early Monday. As there are no Sunday collections I wondered if this was a viable option if posting anytime on Monday would be difficult.
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 14th Jan 18, 2:14 PM
    • 988 Posts
    • 308 Thanks
    Mchambers
    You won't have any probs. I have done this loads of times.
    • Chocmonster7
    • By Chocmonster7 14th Jan 18, 2:19 PM
    • 2,289 Posts
    • 2,030 Thanks
    Chocmonster7
    Whilst the shedule say they want them posted morning/afternoon I've never stuck to those, just made sure they were posted on the right day or the same day the following week. They've never complained to me and with the last posting time on my local box now being 9am it's pointless worrying about it.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 14th Jan 18, 2:44 PM
    • 18,811 Posts
    • 12,996 Thanks
    molerat
    I was wondering that when you have something to post on Monday before noon, has anyone posted it on the Sunday before and then logged it as posted early Monday. As there are no Sunday collections I wondered if this was a viable option if posting anytime on Monday would be difficult.
    Originally posted by littlemoney
    I have posted Saturday afternoon with no problems

Whilst the shedule say they want them posted morning/afternoon I've never stuck to those, just made sure they were posted on the right day or the same day the following week. They've never complained to me and with the last posting time on my local box now being 9am it's pointless worrying about it.
    Originally posted by Chocmonster7
    Last week I had one before mid day and one after mid day on the same day. Well, that didn't happen. I do try to post as per but that is taking the pee.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • Skinster
    • By Skinster 14th Jan 18, 4:27 PM
    • 87 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    Skinster
    I have posted Saturday afternoon with no problems

Last week I had one before mid day and one after mid day on the same day. Well, that didn't happen. I do try to post as per but that is taking the pee.
    Originally posted by molerat
    Im the same one item before & one item after midday. I choose what time slot suits best on that particular day & the two items get posted at the same time. Never had any emails questioning it either.
    • millie
    • By millie 14th Jan 18, 4:49 PM
    • 914 Posts
    • 322 Thanks
    millie
    Im the same one item before & one item after midday. I choose what time slot suits best on that particular day & the two items get posted at the same time. Never had any emails questioning it either.
    Originally posted by Skinster

Do you record them as both posted at the same time? I usually do one about 11.55 am and the other a few minutes after midday when this has happened.
    • jools1985
    • By jools1985 14th Jan 18, 7:27 PM
    • 70 Posts
    • 118 Thanks
    jools1985
    Do you record them as both posted at the same time? I usually do one about 11.55 am and the other a few minutes after midday when this has happened.
    Originally posted by millie
    This is what I do too.
    • jools1985
    • By jools1985 14th Jan 18, 7:28 PM
    • 70 Posts
    • 118 Thanks
    jools1985
    what does everyone do with all the books of stamps? I send very few letters by post. I was thinking of Ebaying the stamps.
    • Chocmonster7
    • By Chocmonster7 15th Jan 18, 9:14 AM
    • 2,289 Posts
    • 2,030 Thanks
    Chocmonster7
    Originally posted by molerat
    Don't blame you! I do get the feeling that those who have been on the survey for a long time realise there are ways to work the system to make it a lot easier for themselves...
    • molerat
    • By molerat 15th Jan 18, 9:25 AM
    • 18,811 Posts
    • 12,996 Thanks
    molerat
    Originally posted by millie
    Sometimes as I do know that you can pretty much set your watch by the postie emptying my regular box at 1135am
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • NBLondon
    • By NBLondon 15th Jan 18, 10:38 AM
    • 1,832 Posts
    • 9,876 Thanks
    NBLondon
    does anyone use the large white envelopes that come with the stuff in?
    I have quite a stack but being tight i don't want to use my large letter stamps to post something that fits into a smaller envelope!

What does anyone else do with them all?
    Originally posted by saving-mad
    The only time I've ever actually used them was planning a big family get together a few years back and I wanted to send out maps (taken from a local free paper) to a dozen or sets of cousins so large envelopes and large stamps were useful. I used to hang on to them but realised I had about 30; so I now have 10 good condition ones in case they come in useful and the others get recycled as soon as they come in.
    You are not a number - you are a free noob!

But I agree on some points... The website is clunky and doesn't cover all options. This cycle, I've run out of SMARTS twice which means holding over items into the following week so I've ended up with 3 a day on occasion. The increased number of cubes is the pain for me. On working from home days - fine; I can organise my time to pop out morning or afternoon as needed (and as others have said - if I have both then one trip at 1159 and 1201 works). On days I'm in the office - letters can be dropped in a box on the way in or out but cubes are a hassle. I work in a different postcode so going at lunchtime means a bus ride each way as well as the queuing. I used to use a sub-postoffice that opened at 8am and closed at 6pm to send cubes first or last thing but it's now changed hands and the timings are a bit tight. As for incoming cubes - getting a red card and going to pick it up costs time and/or petrol and I don't get any L2S vouchers for that...

So I'm very inclined to complete this cycle and then not renew if asked.
    Womble #7 - Running Total 9.85 $2.12 5.26 S//0.10 (that's supposed to be 10 Ukrainian kopiyki but the site is refusing to display the symbol) Bds$0.10 A$0.05 NZ$0.05 C$0.88 S$0.20 zl0.02 (Polish grosze) LB0.22 (Bulgarian stotinka) ISKr 5 DKr 0.50 CHF 0.50 R0.10 (Rand not Rupees)
    • libra10
    • By libra10 16th Jan 18, 10:43 AM
    • 10,178 Posts
    • 202,247 Thanks
    libra10
    An update on the issue of local PO refusing to accept my large-letter stamps when posting packages.

I decided to use the link kindly provided by molerat and made an enquiry about this. Have received a reply this morning, stating -

"I've asked them to speak to all staff, and to provide further training and guidance to ensure customers are always offered the correct advice going forward. To clarify you can use your own purchased stamps."

Hopefully there shouldn't be any further problems. Thanks very much for help and advice, along with the link.

• goldilocks1704
    • By goldilocks1704 16th Jan 18, 11:58 AM
    • 226 Posts
    • 4,807 Thanks
    goldilocks1704
    Just got my first posting assignments after a 6 month break. But did do a short 2 week training just before Xmas.
    At the start of new assignments I have been sent collectors stamps one at the beginning of the assignment and then another at the end of the 6 month session. This is in addition to the monthly stamps.
    But this time no collectors stamps and no mention of these. Do they not do them anymore has anyone received them recently.
    Tia
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,269Posts Today

7,206Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ah these care free days of watching #ENG score 5 goals in the first half of a World Cup match. It reminds me of... Never.

• Then it should be. It's not some accident. It's deliberate grappling https://t.co/UxVTuUSNio

• Penalty yes but time someone was sent off for these wrestling moves #WorldCup

• Follow Martin