Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 2nd Aug 17, 1:40 PM
    • 13,125Posts
    • 41,381Thanks
    sarah1972
    11 WOW
    Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel
    • 2nd Aug 17, 1:40 PM
    11 WOW
    Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel 2nd Aug 17 at 1:40 PM
    It is that time again for a new thread as the old one is about to approach its 314th page.

Thanks to 3010 for posting the last thread

Please note in post number two there is now a list of FAQ that 3010 very kindly posted on the old thread so I have copied it here. .

Happy Posting

Link to old thread here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4742377

Link to Join (Private Households) https://rmselfrecruit.research-int.com/Questionnaire/qstIntroductionPrivate.aspx

Link to Join (Businesses with Franking Abilities) https://rmbus.research-int.com

FAQS http://rmpanelzone.research-int.com/FAQ.htm
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
Page 15
    • claner
    • By claner 9th Jan 18, 11:38 AM
    • 1,266 Posts
    • 14,419 Thanks
    claner
    I am currently on my 6-month break and I am already looking forward to starting again in May - vacancies permitting. Still doing Correctly Delivered Surveys though.

• millie
    • By millie 9th Jan 18, 4:20 PM
    • 913 Posts
    • 321 Thanks
    millie
    In better news - I've had my 4 weeks to go e-mail which means I might be getting a Game of Thrones Presentation Pack at the end of the month. Not that I've ever watched it (and I gave up on the books) but it's a big issue so 15 or possibly 17 stamps to keep me going through the spring.[/QUOTE]

I have my last week to do next week and the Presentation pack I received this week is Xmas 2017 Stamps. 4 of them are for odd amounts £1.17 £1.40 £1.57 and £2.27 so not sure what I will do with them unless I send a parcel and use them on that.

I posted a cube in December and have 1 during my last week. Do they still send me the extra £2 incentive for them even though I have finished my current time on the survey?

My finish letter says they will contact me in 4 to 5 months when a place is available.

This was my first time on this survey and I have been doing it for 7 months plus the training so their 6 months seem to be a bit out.
    • NBLondon
    • By NBLondon 9th Jan 18, 5:29 PM
    • 1,826 Posts
    • 9,842 Thanks
    NBLondon
    4 of them are for odd amounts £1.17 £1.40 £1.57 and £2.27 so not sure what I will do with them unless I send a parcel and use them on that.
    Originally posted by millie
    Don't you have any friends/relatives abroad millie? £1.17 is a postcard or letter under 20g to most of Europe; £1.40 to Australia or the USA. The next two are for 20 to 60g - I find a greetings card usually ends up in that band.

You should still get your £2 of LTS next month - it takes a while to catch up.

The 6 months is very approximate, I've known it slip to 7 or 8 both on and off.
    Womble #7 - Running Total £9.85 $2.12 Ä5.26 S//0.10 (that's supposed to be 10 Ukrainian kopiyki but the site is refusing to display the symbol) Bds$0.10 A$0.05 NZ$0.05 C$0.88 S$0.20 zl0.02 (Polish grosze) LB0.22 (Bulgarian stotinka) ISKr 5 DKr 0.50 CHF 0.50 R0.10 (Rand not Rupees)
    • libra10
    • By libra10 9th Jan 18, 5:34 PM
    • 10,160 Posts
    • 201,035 Thanks
    libra10
    Our local post office refuse to accept the large stamps for anything but letters. I would have expected them to accept for standard parcels, but they're real 'jobsworths' and refuse.

I usually sell them on Ebay.
    • NBLondon
    • By NBLondon 10th Jan 18, 9:28 AM
    • 1,826 Posts
    • 9,842 Thanks
    NBLondon
    Our local post office refuse to accept the large stamps for anything but letters. I would have expected them to accept for standard parcels, but they're real 'jobsworths' and refuse.
    I usually sell them on Ebay.
    Originally posted by libra10
    As far as I know - there's no reason from Royal Mail that you can't put the 1st Large on a package and count it as 98p towards a higher value - so jobsworth is the right word!

I usually keep one booklet on hand for the occasional large letter greetings card and sell the surplus on eBay.
    Womble #7 - Running Total £9.85 $2.12 Ä5.26 S//0.10 (that's supposed to be 10 Ukrainian kopiyki but the site is refusing to display the symbol) Bds$0.10 A$0.05 NZ$0.05 C$0.88 S$0.20 zl0.02 (Polish grosze) LB0.22 (Bulgarian stotinka) ISKr 5 DKr 0.50 CHF 0.50 R0.10 (Rand not Rupees)
    • libra10
    • By libra10 10th Jan 18, 4:16 PM
    • 10,160 Posts
    • 201,035 Thanks
    libra10
    Mrs
    Thanks for replying.

The assistants have rarely accepted the large stamps towards sending packages by recorded or express delivery. They say that they have special labels.

However, when sending a standard small package the other day I really thought they would take some of the stamps in payment. It seems they have 'special labels' for that also, and that the stamps can only be used for large envelopes.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 10th Jan 18, 4:52 PM
    • 18,785 Posts
    • 12,937 Thanks
    molerat
    Thanks for replying.

The assistants have rarely accepted the large stamps towards sending packages by recorded or express delivery. They say that they have special labels.

However, when sending a standard small package the other day I really thought they would take some of the stamps in payment. It seems they have 'special labels' for that also, and that the stamps can only be used for large envelopes.
    https://www.postoffice.co.uk/contact-us-complaint
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • libra10
    • By libra10 10th Jan 18, 5:11 PM
    • 10,160 Posts
    • 201,035 Thanks
    libra10
    Mrs
    Thanks for the link molerat.

I did once contact the PO online and asked about this. They confirmed that these stamps could be used. I printed out the email intending to show the assistant the next time my stamps were refused.

Unfortunately, it's a small village PO situated inside a Spar supermarket, they're always friendly and I didn't have the 'bottle' to complain.

However, will keep the link and consider sending, hoping they can retrain the staff.
    • NBLondon
    • By NBLondon 11th Jan 18, 9:20 AM
    • 1,826 Posts
    • 9,842 Thanks
    NBLondon
    Unfortunately, it's a small village PO situated inside a Spar supermarket
    That might be (partly) the reason... In ye olde days this would have been a sub-postoffice where the owner of the village shop (the subpostmaster/mistress) was an agent of the Post Office and trained by them. Where it's a branch inside a chain/franchise; wonder if the local manager is considered the subpostmaster/mistress or is it a deal with Spar as a whole (also Ryman's, WH Smith)? Are the staff still trained by Post Office Counters Ltd or by Spar? Might be somebody here who knows...

Not putting down Spar BTW - better to have the PO at the back of a convenience store than for people to have to drive miles to the nearest town to send a parcel.

If you don't want to complain face to face - have you tried the postoffice-tellus.co.uk feedback website? It's usually on the bottom of your receipt so you could anonymously raise the issue there but piiunt it to the branch.
    • libra10
    • By libra10 11th Jan 18, 2:24 PM
    • 10,160 Posts
    • 201,035 Thanks
    libra10
    Thanks NBLondon for your comments.

Not sure whether the assistants have been trained by the P O or Spar. You would expect that their training would be upgraded frequently.

Have saved your link and considering whether to use it to complain, or whether to fill in a feedback form the next time I need to send a package.

The assistant who always refuses to allow my own stamps to be used is nearly always in the post office section making me think that she must be the main assistant.

It's just a nuisance when the large stamps are accumulating and I have no way locally of spending them.
    Last edited by libra10; 11-01-2018 at 3:33 PM.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 11th Jan 18, 3:22 PM
    • 35,856 Posts
    • 20,095 Thanks
    Quentin
    Thanks for replying.

You can use your own "signed for"/"special delivery" labels (though no reason why they couldn't apply them when you take your mail in)

Ask them to give you some stickers next time you go in (or collect them from any other post office)
    • libra10
    • By libra10 11th Jan 18, 3:32 PM
    • 10,160 Posts
    • 201,035 Thanks
    libra10
    Thanks quentin, will certainly do as you suggest, though it seems that they are stuck in a certain rigid mind-set that even if Tim Parker (chairman of the Post Office) walked in, they would still be refusing to accept his stamps.

It seems it's 'my way, or the highway' with them!
    • mustbemad
    • By mustbemad 11th Jan 18, 4:11 PM
    • 568 Posts
    • 358 Thanks
    mustbemad
    Looks like Iím back on the survey after being bumped off in November before I even went live but looks like Iím back on training again !!!128533; does anyone know if it will be the full training period again or will it be shorter this time?

MBM xd
    Debt free as of June 2013 and never getting into anything other than mortgage debt in the future
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 11th Jan 18, 4:19 PM
    • 988 Posts
    • 308 Thanks
    Mchambers
    Got my diary. Been promised 12 1st class stamps class stamps instead of xmas stamps.
    • dobbiesloan
    • By dobbiesloan 11th Jan 18, 5:13 PM
    • 1,517 Posts
    • 2,619 Thanks
    dobbiesloan
    I'm back with you in February. Once again I got bumped for the Christmas period missing the Xmas stamps and diary. Why do they do this every year?
    GONE ENGLAND
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 11th Jan 18, 5:20 PM
    • 988 Posts
    • 308 Thanks
    Mchambers
    I'm back with you in February. Once again I got bumped for the Christmas period missing the Xmas stamps and diary. Why do they do this every year?
    Originally posted by dobbiesloan
    They don't. Just complain and ask.
    • tomvox
    • By tomvox 11th Jan 18, 7:32 PM
    • 111 Posts
    • 90 Thanks
    tomvox
    Looks like Iím back on the survey after being bumped off in November before I even went live but looks like Iím back on training again !!!128533; does anyone know if it will be the full training period again or will it be shorter this time?

MBM xd
    Originally posted by mustbemad
    I was the same, being bumped at the end of training but invited back a few months later. The training period seems standard (about 6 weeks) irrespective of whether you have previously been on the panel or not.
    • NBLondon
    • By NBLondon 12th Jan 18, 10:01 AM
    • 1,826 Posts
    • 9,842 Thanks
    NBLondon
    Originally posted by dobbiesloan
    Anti-Scottish bigotry
    • saving-mad
    • By saving-mad 12th Jan 18, 10:15 AM
    • 418 Posts
    • 230 Thanks
    saving-mad
    does anyone use the large white envelopes that come with the stuff in?
    I have quite a stack but being tight i don't want to use my large letter stamps to post something that fits into a smaller envelope!

What does anyone else do with them all?
    Owner of a cute cottage in the North York Moors
    • custardy
    • By custardy 12th Jan 18, 10:55 AM
    • 33,547 Posts
    • 28,506 Thanks
    custardy
    Anti-Scottish bigotry
    Originally posted by NBLondon
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5lYXaVkA0U
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,213Posts Today

8,032Users online

Martin's Twitter