Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sdc1987
    • By Sdc1987 2nd Aug 17, 12:58 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Sdc1987
    Vodafone default removal credit file
    • 2nd Aug 17, 12:58 PM
    Vodafone default removal credit file 2nd Aug 17 at 12:58 PM
    Hi

I'm quite new to this so hoping this is in the right place. I wanted to know if anyone on here can help me.

I'm trying to get a mortgage at the minute and noticed that there is a default for 13 from Vodafone from and old contract I had. I rang Vodafone and they told me to go in store and speak to someone. The account was on pay monthly but I changed it to pay as you go over the phone because I was planning on travelling. When I did this I was told to pay the remainder of my contract in other to change to pay as you go. I did this and then moved address. They then sent me another bill I was in aware of. When I went into the store to resolve this and pay any default sum they couldn't find any information on the default and said it didn't seem to exist. They sent and email to Vodafone U.K. Quaility assurance about it being removed and I never heard anything since and it is still on my credit report.

Can anyone help me with this or point me in the direction of somebody that can

Thank you all

Shaun
Page 1
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 2nd Aug 17, 6:42 PM
    • 7,819 Posts
    • 2,547 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    • 2nd Aug 17, 6:42 PM
    • 2nd Aug 17, 6:42 PM
    Contact the wrt following the endless instructions on the main Vodafone complaints thread or expect more of the same. Paying a debt will show as settled but remain on your credit files for six years.
    • d123
    • By d123 2nd Aug 17, 7:36 PM
    • 7,218 Posts
    • 4,659 Thanks
    d123
    • 2nd Aug 17, 7:36 PM
    • 2nd Aug 17, 7:36 PM
    As mobilejunkie says, use the WRT to get help, though a genuine default isn!!!8217;t going to be removed just marked as settled if you pay the outstanding amount.

It isn!!!8217;t Vodafone!!!8217;s fault you moved and you should always expect some sort of final bill the month after terminating.
    ====
  • Vodafone
    • 15th Aug 17, 5:25 PM
    • 15th Aug 17, 5:25 PM
    Hi Shaun,

Thanks for making me aware of this.

If it remains unresolved, email me via the form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and I'll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    Last edited by Vodafone; 15-08-2017 at 5:40 PM.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • Wyeayesam
    • By Wyeayesam 10th Aug 18, 6:33 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Wyeayesam
    • 10th Aug 18, 6:33 PM
    • 10th Aug 18, 6:33 PM
    Im also having a major problem with an old account with Vodafone and a default, completely stopping me from getting a mortgage, I need to speak to someone as soon as possible in regards to this! This has completely made tho ha incredibly stressful for me, please help
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 10th Aug 18, 7:07 PM
    • 7,819 Posts
    • 2,547 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    • 10th Aug 18, 7:07 PM
    • 10th Aug 18, 7:07 PM
    Follow the endless advice on the Vodafone complaints thread to contact the WRT - though bear in mind that the default would be correct if you cancelled the direct debit without cancelling the contract.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

24Posts Today

4,147Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin