Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sassy303
    • By Sassy303 31st Jul 17, 8:27 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Sassy303
    0 WOW
    Season Keys fractional ownership scheme
    • 31st Jul 17, 8:27 PM
    0 WOW
    Season Keys fractional ownership scheme 31st Jul 17 at 8:27 PM
    We resently went on a timeshare exchange holiday and were offered a fractional ownership scheme at in the Whitbarrow village in the Lake District through Seasons holidays. Part of the sales pitch was that at the end of the 16 year term we would likely get our investment of 26950 back as that was the commercial value of a 3 percent share of the apartment at the the moment and as property is increasing it would likely be more. Furthermore we would be able to rent out our A and B weeks each year for an income of around 1500 net per year. There is an addition service charge of 290 per year which would like go up by CPI each year.

My question, to the forum is, has anyone ever bought into this and gained their investment back or achieved a rental income?

Thank you for any insight you can give
Page 2
    • PeacefulWaters
    • By PeacefulWaters 30th Dec 17, 3:38 AM
    • 8,318 Posts
    • 10,685 Thanks
    PeacefulWaters
    I have been with Seasons for 15 years, starting with their timeshare products which were market-leading then and still are. They are a fine and honourable company.

Obviously I find the comments on this feed to be incorrect. However, like any investment, if you don't understand it or trust it then don't do it.

There is no comparison between the 'old-style' timeshare companies from years ago. some of which still exist, especially in the re-trade market. They certainly do not compare to Seasons, who are funding their development through their customers rather than banks. Rather than giving you 'interest' on your investment they offer holidays or a share of the rental income and, yes, in the peak weeks they do go for 4000/week.....I have just stayed in one - all are luxurious with hot-tubs and beautiful grounds.

I have four investments in total and am always happy to talk to anyone about this rather than let doom-merchants talk it down. Yes, I receive a cheque every year for my investments. No, I don't know the final value of the property but it is will be based on the commercial value after a re-furb, which is incluided. Seasons having a share is important as they have a stake in it's success and it's future value, plus they get their share of the returns whcih is why they are in business.
    It is a fantastic investment, but that is all it is. If you cannot afford it then don't do it - and you certainly should not do it on their finance option as this proves quite expensive.

I have never experienced pressure selling - in fact the last one I bought into I went away, thought about it, then called back and completed it the following week once I had finances sorted. I was only just in time though as that was the last possible product - I had to settle for a smaller property than I wanted....(but everything is linear so the investment/returns are correspondingly smaller) so there is some genuine time pressure....there are only so many products they can sell.

Best wishes
    Originally posted by CleverMike
    I'm sure you're not in any way connected to the company. Thank you for your independent insight and signing up especially to share it with us.
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 31st Dec 17, 10:25 AM
    • 17,139 Posts
    • 13,324 Thanks
    hollydays
    “ Clever” Mike
    For 4000 I could have a week at the Ritz.
    “ hot tubs “ are a bit chavvy..
    “ If you can’t afford it don’t do it”- shallow sales technique designed to make people
    Feel they “ should “ be able to afford it.
    Last edited by hollydays; 31-12-2017 at 10:47 AM.
    • CleverMike
    • By CleverMike 15th Apr 19, 7:02 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    CleverMike
    I just don't come on here much.....as you will be able to tell from my login status.

I stand by whay I said, if you don't understand any investment then don't do it.

And I am certainly not trying to sell any....they are finite in number as Seasons re-juve their resorts so the less that are sold the better deal I'll get on my next one.
    • Manxman in exile
    • By Manxman in exile 15th Apr 19, 10:56 PM
    • 1,840 Posts
    • 1,433 Thanks
    Manxman in exile
    Is clever mike in a different temporal dimension from the rest of us?

Could be I suppose - it is timeshare after all...
    • colcheslad
    • By colcheslad 16th Apr 19, 12:05 PM
    • 199 Posts
    • 91 Thanks
    colcheslad
    Oh Clever Mike that's a shame I was looking for somewhere to invest my money into but I understand that you would want to keep your investment as profitable as possible! Never mind, I'll have to sink my cash into something else
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,510Posts Today

7,163Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin