Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mayday
    • By Mayday 30th Jul 17, 8:34 AM
    • 558Posts
    • 280Thanks
    Mayday
    Royal Mail Online Postage Closing Down on 23 March 2018 - but being replaced....
    • 30th Jul 17, 8:34 AM
    Royal Mail Online Postage Closing Down on 23 March 2018 - but being replaced.... 30th Jul 17 at 8:34 AM
    Royal Mail Online Postage Closing Down on 23 March 2018

We are closing down our Online Postage application on 23 March 2018.
    After 10 years were replacing our platform with a new and improved service Click & Drop: our one-stop postage and labels solution ideal for consumers and small businesses:
    Quickly print one-off parcel postage without the need to register
    Pay easily using PayPal or credit/debit card
    Save all of your addresses in the online address book
    Connect your eBay, Amazon, Magento, Big Commerce and Shopify stores and fulfil all your orders
    Build up a product catalogue to remember dimensions for regular orders
    Automatically set up shipping rules for quick postage selection

Visit Click & Drop to begin buying your postage straight away and to find out more.
    You can still use the old Online Postage application for a short while by clicking here.
    Well keep all existing customers updated as the deadline approaches but would recommend you move across to Click & Drop as soon as possible to ease the transition.
    Please note that Click & Drop uses a pay-as-you-go model, pre-pay account functionality isnt supported, so any outstanding balances in your Online Postage pre-pay account will have to be used before the deadline date.

http://www.royalmail.com/personal/how-buy-our-services/online-postage/online-postage
Page 2
    • philkhor
    • By philkhor 12th Feb 18, 12:35 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    philkhor
    not a scam
    Everything about this email told me it was a scam -
    Dear Customer instead of my name
    all the links were to the same address
    I didn't remember having an account(!)

So, I logged on without using the links in the email and found that I was indeed owed some money. I only entered my bank account details and address. No passwords, no DOB or other personal details. Hopefully I'll get some money back.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 12th Feb 18, 1:42 PM
    • 12,575 Posts
    • 8,484 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    Everything about this email told me it was a scam -
    Dear Customer instead of my name
    all the links were to the same address
    I didn't remember having an account(!)

So, I logged on without using the links in the email and found that I was indeed owed some money. I only entered my bank account details and address. No passwords, no DOB or other personal details. Hopefully I'll get some money back.
    Originally posted by philkhor
    I had to do a manual withdrawal as the card on file had long expired and it was (or seemed to be) the easiest option. I made the withdrawal request on 4th January. Still nothing in the account, they tell me it could be 6-8 working weeks!
    • DavidLaGuardia
    • By DavidLaGuardia 15th Feb 18, 12:11 PM
    • 600 Posts
    • 268 Thanks
    DavidLaGuardia
    Ok made the change from Online Postage to Click & Collect. I can get over the 30p still in account that I need to reclaim by post (no I am not bothering) but...

NO ADDRESS BOOK ON CLICK AND COLLECT!!!

Conclusion

Pile of Crap.

HOW IS THIS AN IMPROVEMENT?
    • custardy
    • By custardy 15th Feb 18, 12:51 PM
    • 34,022 Posts
    • 28,925 Thanks
    custardy
    i use click and drop it is brilliant , all the addresses and weights automatically entered and then i can batch all the same weight category and press print my label printer prints out individual labels , it is so quick and easy to use
    Originally posted by teeni
    Ok made the change from Online Postage to Click & Collect. I can get over the 30p still in account that I need to reclaim by post (no I am not bothering) but...

NO ADDRESS BOOK ON CLICK AND COLLECT!!!

Conclusion

Pile of Crap.

HOW IS THIS AN IMPROVEMENT?
    Originally posted by DavidLaGuardia
    So which is it?
    • soolin
    • By soolin 16th Feb 18, 8:38 AM
    • 60,846 Posts
    • 43,415 Thanks
    soolin
    So which is it?
    Originally posted by custardy
    You have an address facility but as I didn't migrate from the old system I don't know if it carries off automatically. My click and drop address book has been populated by me.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • VSS10
    • By VSS10 9th Mar 18, 3:15 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    VSS10
    Not impressed with RM staff knowledge of this
    I actually came here checking if it was a scam or not, having received an email.

My view (and I work in IT) is that the mail is genuine but Royal Mail and one of their systems suppliers have been unwise .

The mail I received has links and when I hover over them, which is how you check a link without the danger of clicking on it the links are something like.. "s1937.t.en25.com/e/er?elq_mid=2734&elq_cid=6504392&s=1937&lid=11526&e lqTrackId=e80787f7a9344e9f99354f826edda845&elq=b0e 209cd8654495ab35cdf087dd04398&elqaid=2734&elqat=1"

Now that looks like a scam. You would hope for an official Royal Mail email to have links to RoyalMail.com rather than the mysterious en25.com But in this case when we look up who owns that address (known as a WHOIS check) up we find:

Registrant Contact Name:
    Domain Administrator
    Organization:
    Oracle Corporation Street:
    500 Oracle Parkway M/S 501ip3

So. It's genuine but Royal Mail and their idiot vendor appear to have gone out of their way to make it look totally like a scam. I have no idea why they would not use the standard address for Royal Mail. It's not right mail security wise.

Hope that explains why the mail looks wrong but isn't

As you were on complaints about the bad news itself...
    Originally posted by Bertie Cheapskate

I actually contacted RM when I received the first email a few weeks ago as I too thought it was a scam. They had NO IDEA what I was talking about - no idea that online postage is being ended and replaced with something else and no idea that there was a form to reclaim my money. Also at that stage nothing on their website. Finally, they told me there was no way they would ever email customers to ask them to reclaim money online. And made me feel like I was being a time wasting nuisance to boot.
    Well... thanks RM... great customer service and staff knowledge... glad I found this page before it's too late to reclaim my money
    • Graham_Devon
    • By Graham_Devon 14th Mar 18, 10:29 PM
    • 53,475 Posts
    • 116,191 Thanks
    Graham_Devon
    Just got a final reminder myself. Believed it was a scam so checked it out and found myself here. Got 20 odd back.

However, it has absolutely every hallmark of a scam. So much so, I can't believe Royal Mail would be that silly to write an e-mail with login links etc making it look even more suss.

The conspiracy theory inside me thinks - well isn't that just dandy, everyone thinks this is a scam - I wonder how much money RM will hoover up from people who pass this by.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 15th Mar 18, 7:07 AM
    • 12,575 Posts
    • 8,484 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    I had to do a manual withdrawal as the card on file had long expired and it was (or seemed to be) the easiest option. I made the withdrawal request on 4th January. Still nothing in the account, they tell me it could be 6-8 working weeks!
    Originally posted by theonlywayisup
    Just to update my last comment. My withdrawal still hasn't hit my account. According to RM it could be another 4 weeks.
    • pdc95
    • By pdc95 7th Apr 18, 8:54 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    pdc95
    Printing labels
    With the old system you had the option of printing up to 4 labels per sheet, and specify where on the sheet to print.
    The new system only prints 1 wasting 3/4 of a sheet of label.
    How to I access my address book from the old system ?

With the old system RM had my money in its account gaining interest, with the new system they are paying a commission to PayPal. Hence loosing revenue so increasing the price of postage >
    Last edited by pdc95; 07-04-2018 at 8:59 AM.
    • ballisticbrian
    • By ballisticbrian 7th Apr 18, 9:35 AM
    • 3,453 Posts
    • 1,961 Thanks
    ballisticbrian
    With the old system RM had my money in its account gaining interest,
    How did your money get thereto Royal Mail's account?
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
    • pdc95
    • By pdc95 15th Apr 18, 8:55 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    pdc95
    I transfer it to the account so that I could purchase postage
    • Pasareti
    • By Pasareti 27th May 18, 7:08 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Pasareti
    Sticking bits of paper to private letter
    This seems to be Royal Mail's idea. You print an A4 paper,you carefully cut out the size needed for a DL envelope,then you get hold of some glue and stick it on. It might suit sellers and buyers but not the general public.
    My mind boggles why could they not incorporate the various printing formats from the old system.

It seems that Royal Mail decided to serve only traders and does not give a damn about ordinary people who would like to send letters using the online service as it used to be. Is this called progress?
    • scepticOfCheltenham
    • By scepticOfCheltenham 3rd Jun 18, 6:18 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    scepticOfCheltenham
    Still waiting
    Has anyone had a refund yet? I'm still waiting for the refund I requested in March which they told me was processed on 2nd April.
    • custardy
    • By custardy 6th Jun 18, 9:13 AM
    • 34,022 Posts
    • 28,925 Thanks
    custardy
    This seems to be Royal Mail's idea. You print an A4 paper,you carefully cut out the size needed for a DL envelope,then you get hold of some glue and stick it on. It might suit sellers and buyers but not the general public.
    My mind boggles why could they not incorporate the various printing formats from the old system.

It seems that Royal Mail decided to serve only traders and does not give a damn about ordinary people who would like to send letters using the online service as it used to be. Is this called progress?
    Originally posted by Pasareti
    https://www.royalmail.com/labelstogo/

Or print nothing. Very quick & easy.
    QR scanned,label auto printed and applied

Rms future doesnt lay in letters. Their models will not focus on them
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,448Posts Today

7,995Users online

Martin's Twitter