Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrew
      Verified User verified user
    • By MSE Andrew Verified User verified user 28th Jul 17, 10:28 AM
    • 91Posts
    • 24Thanks
    MSE Andrew
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Eversmart Energy
    • 28th Jul 17, 10:28 AM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Eversmart Energy 28th Jul 17 at 10:28 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Eversmart Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply. If you arenít sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
Page 7
    • CBX1985
    • By CBX1985 23rd Apr 18, 8:15 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    CBX1985
    I joined last week when the offer came on, and was a little sceptical. But in fairness they seem to be progressing reasonably well.

The bloke on the phone is not entirely "polished", but if they provide me with gas and electric cheap, and correctly bill me, I can live with that minor flaw.

Hope they keep it up.
    • GT60
    • By GT60 24th Apr 18, 9:49 AM
    • 1,888 Posts
    • 957 Thanks
    GT60
    Eversmart or Oneselect for supplier?
    I have about £50 a year difference in price between them
    Thanks
    Spending my time reading how to fix PC's,instead of looking at Facebook.
    • Darran1967
    • By Darran1967 24th Apr 18, 6:34 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Darran1967
    No Reply to Emails
    Sent the company two emails up to now but no reply, I only wanted some clarification before I switched. Have now gone with a different company.
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 25th Apr 18, 7:16 PM
    • 3,653 Posts
    • 1,923 Thanks
    MABLE
    I phoned them today and spoke to a very bored sounding operative. He sounded so bored so I did not want to over tax him. However he did say I can keep my present meters but needed to give them a reading every month.

Well I'm use to that.
    • jedisha
    • By jedisha 8th May 18, 1:31 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    jedisha
    Looking BAD from the start....
    I switched from the 'basic but effective and super reliable' AFFECT ENERGY in favour of Eversmart due to the better price. However, when told to log in and provide initial meter readings I discovered I was unable to log in. I scoured the website to find a way to set up a login account - there was no option. I then spotted the SMS number for text message-based assistance, i tried this - the SMS wouldn't send, it doesn't work.
    I emailed the company and eventually received the following, confusing email:
    Good evening Paul,
    Another set of login details have been issued to you. We do not need meter reads for the account and you must provide these tomorrow either by telephone or e-mail.
    Thank you
    Customer Services

Not quite sure what to make of this I set up my login account and attempted to provide initial meter readings via the website. So far I am unable to provide a Gas meter reading. Despite inputting the meter reading the value always returns to 00000.

ALSO - I have now received an email from my previous supplier asking for meter readings and on their website I now appear as a GAS-ONLY customer.

All in all the move has been overly complicated and unsuccessful.

I couldn't recommend this company right now....
    • deanos
    • By deanos 10th May 18, 5:05 PM
    • 10,854 Posts
    • 5,566 Thanks
    deanos
    i got a email this morning to ask for opening readings, couldn't log on, sent a message via facebook messenger this morning and they have taken my readings and a link to activate my account which i have done, seems ok so far
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 11th May 18, 12:22 PM
    • 3,653 Posts
    • 1,923 Thanks
    MABLE
    UPDATE

I received the link again this am and was requested to enter my meter reads. The gas no problem. However the Electricity reading would not work and received an error message.

I rang their contact centre and spoke to a very helpful advisor who apologised and explained they have problems with customers going live and trying to enter their electricity reads.

The advisor advised me to ring back on Sunday when I officially go live and they will take the meter read over the phone. Also they expected the problem to be fixed by then.

My confidence is a bit shattered before I even start with this company but will see how things go. Fingers crossed this is not another EE disaster.

Time will tell!
    Last edited by MABLE; 11-05-2018 at 12:24 PM.
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 12th May 18, 6:38 PM
    • 3,653 Posts
    • 1,923 Thanks
    MABLE
    Well tried this morning and managed to input my readings online. However their online system has crashed again. Never a Barney about when you need him!
    • S0litaire
    • By S0litaire 12th May 18, 6:51 PM
    • 3,468 Posts
    • 2,190 Thanks
    S0litaire
    Well tried this morning and managed to input my readings online. However their online system has crashed again. Never a Barney about when you need him!
    Originally posted by MABLE

I'm currently waiting for ToTo to release my smart meter so that Eversmart can take it over.
    lets hope that the last £2.50 of emergency credit lasts me till that happens...
    Last edited by S0litaire; 21-05-2018 at 1:22 PM.
    Laters

Sol

"Have you found the secrets of the universe? Asked Zebade "I'm sure I left them here somewhere"
    • chrishealey
    • By chrishealey 21st May 18, 12:52 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    chrishealey
    Eversmart - no response but they can apparently set up a direct debit
    Sent the company two emails up to now but no reply, I only wanted some clarification before I switched. Have now gone with a different company.
    Originally posted by Darran1967
    I registered on their website last week and got a message to say they would email within 24 hours to start the contracting process.

No email received about that, and I can't get through on the phone, so I've gone with Tonik. Immediately afterwards, had an email from Eversmart to say they had set up a DD.

Emails get a 'we'll get back to you within two working days' so can't confirm that I'm cancelling.

Not impressed.
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 27th May 18, 11:57 AM
    • 3,653 Posts
    • 1,923 Thanks
    MABLE
    UPDATE.

Well after being able to enter my initial opening reads I have not been able to enter further readings. I rang the company who advised me they were working on the problem. However my theory is they want all their customers to have smart meters and by not being able to enter the readings yourself they think the customer will just accept a smart meter.

I now email them with my readings but never get any confirmation so make an entry on my spreadsheet of when readings where taken. To call themselves Eversmart has to be a joke.
    • GT60
    • By GT60 28th May 18, 9:32 AM
    • 1,888 Posts
    • 957 Thanks
    GT60
    They don't seem to know what is happening I had to call them to find out why they haven't sent my first switch over reading to my old supplier.
    They said I haven't given them the reading as requested in the e mail they sent me,
    so I gave them the readings and a day later I got a request for my first readings.
    Lucky I had photos of my meter readings and had sent reading to my old supplier the day before and day of the switch over.

Lets see what happens now
    Spending my time reading how to fix PC's,instead of looking at Facebook.
    • billp42
    • By billp42 28th May 18, 10:13 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    billp42
    Had an email on the 8th May saying that they were unable to collect the direct debit on the 1st May. I replied and told them that I had left them on the 22nd December last year and the last DD went on the 1st January. Their reply was that they would get back to me in 2 days - what do you know - they haven't. So glad I left Eversmart. They should add an N to the front of their name.

My advice to any of their customers - keep copies of all emails.
    • shirley999
    • By shirley999 29th May 18, 7:10 PM
    • 1,867 Posts
    • 15,257 Thanks
    shirley999
    I'm fed with eversmartenergy. No idea what is on my invoices, whether they are based on estimated or actual readings. I have changed tariffs with them and they have taken 3 payments from me between 27th April and 29th May. I have had to contact my bank to get one of the DD payments back. Eversmartenergy do not respond via any channels I have tried; email, facebook or twitter. I wouldn't recommend them. Who knows how long it will take them to close my original account and, hopefully, issue a final bill and refund. I can't even see my new account online, just my old one.
    • xxdiddiexx
    • By xxdiddiexx 30th May 18, 9:17 PM
    • 317 Posts
    • 90 Thanks
    xxdiddiexx
    Goodness me!

I switched over to them this morning and I am thinking of cancelling it seeing as folk are having so many problems.
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 31st May 18, 11:33 AM
    • 3,653 Posts
    • 1,923 Thanks
    MABLE
    Good news my former suppliers have produced final bills and refunds of £110 due back in about 10 days. The opening and closing reads agree with new supplier. However still unable to enter reads online.

I rang yesterday and they advised the engineers are looking into it. Personally I believe the real reason is because they are hoping we will switch to a smart meter and this would elevate the need for us to read the meter and they no doubt make good money from the installations.

BTW They are very efficient at setting up and collecting the dd payment.
    Last edited by MABLE; 31-05-2018 at 11:36 AM.
    • thelight
    • By thelight 1st Jun 18, 11:09 AM
    • 40 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    thelight
    I've recently joined Eversmart and was able to submit my gas reading okay last night, although for some reason my opening account reading isn't on the system.
    • CBX1985
    • By CBX1985 1st Jun 18, 11:59 AM
    • 26 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    CBX1985
    They have finished my switch, and have actually been quite good - and I was very nervous about them at the sat. But the rates they were offering, on a fixed basis, were absurdly good - but those rates have gone now. Still seems quite cheap.

Their online site is dreadfully basic, but not something I really care about, and their call centre staff seem totally disinterested, but again, how often will you call them.

Having said this, feedback on all these companies appears poor and so wouldn't change simply because of what you have read. I'm now with them, as I say, there were no issues.
    • CBX1985
    • By CBX1985 1st Jun 18, 12:01 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    CBX1985
    That happened to me. It appeared about two days later.
    • e.ol
    • By e.ol 4th Jun 18, 3:13 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    e.ol
    Eversmart Energy
    Absolutely clueless company. Yes the prices are cheap but it takes half an hour to talk to someone based in a back office in Manchester who have issues giving you their name or reference number.

Their welcome email incorrectly states that you must have a smart meter fitted as part of the change in supplier and when you phone their office, they tell you this has been incorrect for a while. Well change it then!! They also advise that you must change to 2020 as its illegal, utter nonsense from a company hoping to make money from referring its customers to the national grid. They also advise that you must contact them every four weeks with a reading if you do not have a smart meter fitted or other charges may apply. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

123Posts Today

1,689Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've just heard about the 8 month pregnant woman shot through the stomach by a crossbow. Its both evil and medie? https://t.co/hQTOxWiXhj

• Major new guide... Brexit, what it means for you and your finances: M mortgages, savings, flights, consumer rights? https://t.co/SXCMG2qXwX

• Have you haggled on the high street in the last year? If so who with and did you succeed? Please vote in this week? https://t.co/fdzmmFfA4u

• Follow Martin