Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrew
      Verified User verified user
    • By MSE Andrew Verified User verified user 28th Jul 17, 10:28 AM
    • 91Posts
    • 24Thanks
    MSE Andrew
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Eversmart Energy
    • 28th Jul 17, 10:28 AM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Eversmart Energy 28th Jul 17 at 10:28 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Eversmart Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply. If you arenít sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
Page 21
    • collectors
    • By collectors 9th Nov 18, 6:44 PM
    • 108 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    collectors
    what a totally useless bunch of philistines Eversmart are. I got an economy 7 meter & they haven't even got the facility to take these readings & can only take 1 reading. What kind of plonker would set up an electrical meter reading company like this.
    They sent me an email about a week ago to say they have a new website starting in a few weeks. "We will see"
    One thing that i notice they have no problem with is my direct debt payments.
    • JohnB47
    • By JohnB47 9th Nov 18, 6:52 PM
    • 1,220 Posts
    • 384 Thanks
    JohnB47
    A lot of suppliers use the same tariff name for each new release. It is a legacy from the days when suppliers could only have 4 tariffs. If one looks carefully, the tariff name is usually followed by a version number or end date. It can make setting up the profile in MSE CEC tricky if people don’t refer to a bill or their Welcome Letter.
    Originally posted by Hengus
    OK fair enough but to me, a name followed by a different version is a new tariff name. e.g. wording something like "Welcome Home July 2018" would be the tariff name and a new tariff might be "Welcome Home August 2018" The bit at the end creates a new tariff name to fit the new tariff.

Then again, what Wavelets says makes a mockery of that from a historical perspective but I think what I say is true for all current and recent plans.
    • Frozenpines
    • By Frozenpines 9th Nov 18, 8:28 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Frozenpines
    Interesting.

It is now clear that Eversmart have agreed at least three 'Guaranteed Price' deals - each with the same name (Welcome Home) but each with different tariffs. Oh and in addition they have agreed a variable tariff, also called welcome Home.

Apart from anything else, this breaks with the tradition that each separate tariff is given a unique name.

Something has clearly gone very wrong at Eversmart.
    Originally posted by JohnB47
    Want to just point out that energy unit prices will differ slightly depending on region based on energy distribution costs so I don't think their actually is any difference with the tariffs in July and August of the same name.

For variable tariffs, a supplier needs to give prior notification to customers to say their price is going up.
    • JohnB47
    • By JohnB47 10th Nov 18, 10:12 AM
    • 1,220 Posts
    • 384 Thanks
    JohnB47
    Want to just point out that energy unit prices will differ slightly depending on region based on energy distribution costs ....
    Originally posted by Frozenpines
    Ah yes, I see. Thanks.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

271Posts Today

4,179Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @laurawithers84: @MartinSLewis Our school is going to use your book for our new finance fortnight for year 8 students. We thought we wou?

• RT @katiejane13uk: ????????IMPORTANT - CALLING ALL LEASEHOLDERS TO COMPLETE???????? @mhclg Leasehold Reform Consultation closes this month. This is the?

• Just sent a text about postgrad loans. My Swype text auto-corrected it to pothead loans. Does it know something I don't?

• Follow Martin