Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrew
      Verified User verified user
    • By MSE Andrew Verified User verified user 28th Jul 17, 10:28 AM
    • 91Posts
    • 24Thanks
    MSE Andrew
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Eversmart Energy
    • 28th Jul 17, 10:28 AM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Eversmart Energy 28th Jul 17 at 10:28 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Eversmart Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply. If you arenít sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
Page 20
    • Fontana
    • By Fontana 5th Nov 18, 2:16 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Fontana
    The meter reading upload functionality is now working and I entered updated readings. Whether they use them is another matter .

The invoices are still broken here but I have one saved anyway.
    • matelodave
    • By matelodave 5th Nov 18, 2:33 PM
    • 3,904 Posts
    • 2,459 Thanks
    matelodave
    couldn't enter a meter reading over the weekend so no doubt they'll have a guess at my consumption which will almost certainly be miles out - that's how IRESA seemed to operate.

Lets hope we can get through winter with their cheap energy before they go bust
    Love makes the world go round - beer make it go round even faster
    Look after our planet - it's the only one with beer
    • earlsgate
    • By earlsgate 6th Nov 18, 4:22 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    earlsgate
    not heard anything about what happens at the end of our fixed tariff that ends 23rd november.2018

not particularly bothered as they are cheapest in the market and so if they eventually . put me on one of their other tariffs it will still be a saving which is the name of the game.

can understand other people getting cheesed off with customer service, but as long as I do my bit and keep a clear record of the deal I have signed up to possibly present if they don't keep their promise it's pointless getting worried

however I've worked out how much energy we have used, using a simple speadsheet, so they are not being overpaid, and its pretty close to the direct debits paid out,. These calcs also show we would have paid around 50% extra if we were with a Big Six outfit so can't complain on that score!
    • JohnB47
    • By JohnB47 6th Nov 18, 7:16 PM
    • 1,234 Posts
    • 388 Thanks
    JohnB47
    not heard anything about what happens at the end of our fixed tariff that ends 23rd november.2018

not particularly bothered as they are cheapest in the market and so if they eventually . put me on one of their other tariffs it will still be a saving which is the name of the game.

can understand other people getting cheesed off with customer service, but as long as I do my bit and keep a clear record of the deal I have signed up to possibly present if they don't keep their promise it's pointless getting worried

however I've worked out how much energy we have used, using a simple speadsheet, so they are not being overpaid, and its pretty close to the direct debits paid out,. These calcs also show we would have paid around 50% extra if we were with a Big Six outfit so can't complain on that score!
    Originally posted by earlsgate
    I'm just curious. What is your fixed tariff called?
    • earlsgate
    • By earlsgate 8th Nov 18, 5:40 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    earlsgate
    it was called Northern Glory

https://energysuppliers.energylinx.co.uk/eversmart-energy/
    • the_mandarin
    • By the_mandarin 9th Nov 18, 8:13 AM
    • 64 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    the_mandarin
    To help me in my complaint with Eversmart. Anyone with a Welcome Pack email who joined in mid to late July? If so could you post the Tariff details?
    Originally posted by nxdmsandkaskdjaqd
    I hope this helps. I joined in the last week of July 2018.

GAS
    ===
    Tariff Name Welcome Home
    Unit Rate 2.91p
    Standing Charge 16.03p
    Tariff ends on 28th July 2019
    Exit fees £0.00

ELECTRICITY
    ========
    Tariff Name Welcome Home
    Unit Rate 10.97p
    Standing Charge 22.55p
    Exit fees £0.00
    • JohnB47
    • By JohnB47 9th Nov 18, 10:38 AM
    • 1,234 Posts
    • 388 Thanks
    JohnB47
    I hope this helps. I joined in the last week of July 2018.

GAS
    ===
    Tariff Name Welcome Home
    Unit Rate 2.91p
    Standing Charge 16.03p
    Exit fees £0.00

ELECTRICITY
    ========
    Tariff Name Welcome Home
    Unit Rate 10.97p
    Standing Charge 22.55p
    Exit fees £0.00
    Originally posted by the_mandarin
    Thank you. My tariff details are as follows- note the same tariff name, slightly higher prices and with a guarantee period.

GAS
    ===
    Tariff Name Welcome Home
    Unit Rate 3.11p
    Standing Charge 16.03p
    Tariff ends on 20th August 2019
    Price Guaranteed until 20th August 2019
    Exit fees £0.00

ELECTRICITY
    ========
    Tariff Name Welcome Home
    Unit Rate 11.86p
    Standing Charge 22.62p
    Exit fees £0.00[/QUOTE]
    • the_mandarin
    • By the_mandarin 9th Nov 18, 10:57 AM
    • 64 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    the_mandarin
    Thank you. My tariff details are as follows- note the same tariff name, slightly higher prices and with a guarantee period.

GAS
    ===
    Tariff Name Welcome Home
    Unit Rate 3.11p
    Standing Charge 16.03p
    Exit fees £0.00

ELECTRICITY
    ========
    Tariff Name Welcome Home
    Unit Rate 11.86p
    Standing Charge 22.62p
    Exit fees £0.00
    Originally posted by JohnB47
    [/QUOTE]

You're welcome!
    You perhaps joined about a month after I did.
    My prices are guaranteed till 28 July 2019.
    • JohnB47
    • By JohnB47 9th Nov 18, 1:47 PM
    • 1,234 Posts
    • 388 Thanks
    JohnB47

You're welcome!
    You perhaps joined about a month after I did.
    My prices are guaranteed till 28 July 2019.
    Oh hang on. I thought that you were on a variable tariff.

So your Welcome Pack also quotes a "Price Guaranteed until" date? (presumably "Price Guaranteed until 28th July 2019"). You didn't mention it earlier.

If you are on a fixed Welcome Home tariff and your payments are different to mine, it means that Eversmart have created more than one Welcome Home fixed tariff deal, along with a variable tariff Welcome Home one.
    Last edited by JohnB47; 09-11-2018 at 1:53 PM.
    • the_mandarin
    • By the_mandarin 9th Nov 18, 3:02 PM
    • 64 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    the_mandarin
    Oh hang on. I thought that you were on a variable tariff.

So your Welcome Pack also quotes a "Price Guaranteed until" date? (presumably "Price Guaranteed until 28th July 2019"). You didn't mention it earlier.

If you are on a fixed Welcome Home tariff and your payments are different to mine, it means that Eversmart have created more than one Welcome Home fixed tariff deal, along with a variable tariff Welcome Home one.
    I am on a Fixed tariff deal. Unless I am mistaken, the unit rates for a tariff can change daily but if you sign up to a fixed-rate tariff, then the rate that was advertised on the day you signed up is the rate at which your tariff is fixed for the year (or 18 months). I say this because I have noted the prices to vary in the past when I have been monitoring rates towards the end of my fixed price deals. This is my understanding of how it works, but I am happy to be corrected if I have misunderstood this.
    • CApps
    • By CApps 9th Nov 18, 3:15 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    CApps
    Terrible service
    I would not recommend this supplier to anyone. Yes they are super cheap but the customer service is appalling. I have been waiting two months for my smart meters to be installed and some work carried out to the supply cables they are responsible for. They failed to pass along my opening readings to the previous supplier, who then sent me a massively overestimated bill, and when I sent an email requesting they send them over ASAP it was completely ignored. A week after that it took me six attempts to get through to someone, their text service is just pointless as no one ever responds and their call back service took two hours for someone to call me back. Their website is truly awful with half the buttons not actually working or just redirecting you to the homepage. It might be worth switching to them if you never have any problems but stay on their variable so the moment you actually need some decent customer service you can switch to someone else. I will be keeping an eye on the MSE EnergyClub and as soon as another supplier gets close on price I'll be switching away.
    • matelodave
    • By matelodave 9th Nov 18, 3:48 PM
    • 3,904 Posts
    • 2,459 Thanks
    matelodave
    Looks like Eversmart have been faffing around with their website. It's seems like it got a shiny new log-on screen which I 've managed to log into today (first time for over week) - that was the good news.

The bad news is tha talthough I've still got an account, there are no meter readings, bills or statements in it anymore.

It's good job I downloaded and saved them all when it did work. Ill have to check that my DD comes out tomorrow.
    • JohnB47
    • By JohnB47 9th Nov 18, 3:50 PM
    • 1,234 Posts
    • 388 Thanks
    JohnB47
    I am on a Fixed tariff deal. Unless I am mistaken, the unit rates for a tariff can change daily but if you sign up to a fixed-rate tariff, then the rate that was advertised on the day you signed up is the rate at which your tariff is fixed for the year (or 18 months). I say this because I have noted the prices to vary in the past when I have been monitoring rates towards the end of my fixed price deals. This is my understanding of how it works, but I am happy to be corrected if I have misunderstood this.
    Thanks again. Yes, you are absolutely correct.

Sorry to be a pain but could you just confirm that your Welcome Pack does contain the wording "Price Guaranteed until 28th July 2019"? I'm wondering just how many different Welcome Home tariffs there are out there.
    Last edited by JohnB47; 09-11-2018 at 4:22 PM.
    • JohnB47
    • By JohnB47 9th Nov 18, 3:59 PM
    • 1,234 Posts
    • 388 Thanks
    JohnB47
    Their website is truly awful with half the buttons not actually working or just redirecting you to the homepage.
    Originally posted by CApps
    Just for info.

I usually use Chrome and as you say, many of the buttons don't work. But I've just tried using the Edge browser and they all seem to work fine.

Looks like their web designer hasn't built in much browser compatibility.
    • matelodave
    • By matelodave 9th Nov 18, 4:46 PM
    • 3,904 Posts
    • 2,459 Thanks
    matelodave
    AS you say, I've just tried Edge (which I dont like ) and it seems to work whereas Chrome doesn't. They are still randomly guessing my consumption

Here are the details from my welcome pack (formatting has gone to pot but you can see what it says

Tariff Breakdown Electricity Supplier Eversmart Tariff Name Welcome Home Tariff Type Electricity Payment Method Direct Debit Unit Rate 11.46p Standing Charge 21.76p Tariff ends on 20th August 2019 Price guaranteed until 20th August 2019 Exit fees £0.00
    Estimated Annual Cost £904.23 Assumed annual consumption 7200 Tariff Comparison Rate 14.02p

BTW the prices quted include 5% VAT

If they try increasing it between now and then I shall get extremely stern with them, but until that happens I'm quite happy to leave it be.
    Last edited by matelodave; 09-11-2018 at 5:03 PM.
    • the_mandarin
    • By the_mandarin 9th Nov 18, 5:00 PM
    • 64 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    the_mandarin
    Thanks again. Yes, you are absolutely correct.

Sorry to be a pain but could you just confirm that your Welcome Pack does contain the wording "Price Guaranteed until 28th July 2019"? I'm wondering just how many different Welcome Home tariffs there are out there.
    Sure, no problem.
    Here it is.

Tariff Breakdown .............GAS....................ELECTRICITY
    ==========..............====................====== ===
    Price guaranteed until ..... 28th July 2019 .......28th July 2019
    • JohnB47
    • By JohnB47 9th Nov 18, 5:53 PM
    • 1,234 Posts
    • 388 Thanks
    JohnB47
    Interesting.

It is now clear that Eversmart have agreed at least three 'Guaranteed Price' deals - each with the same name (Welcome Home) but each with different tariffs. Oh and in addition they have agreed a variable tariff, also called welcome Home.

Apart from anything else, this breaks with the tradition that each separate tariff is given a unique name.

Something has clearly gone very wrong at Eversmart.
    • JohnB47
    • By JohnB47 9th Nov 18, 5:57 PM
    • 1,234 Posts
    • 388 Thanks
    JohnB47
    AS you say, I've just tried Edge (which I dont like ) and it seems to work whereas Chrome doesn't. They are still randomly guessing my consumption

Here are the details from my welcome pack (formatting has gone to pot but you can see what it says

Tariff Breakdown Electricity Supplier Eversmart Tariff Name Welcome Home Tariff Type Electricity Payment Method Direct Debit Unit Rate 11.46p Standing Charge 21.76p Tariff ends on 20th August 2019 Price guaranteed until 20th August 2019 Exit fees £0.00
    Estimated Annual Cost £904.23 Assumed annual consumption 7200 Tariff Comparison Rate 14.02p

BTW the prices quted include 5% VAT

If they try increasing it between now and then I shall get extremely stern with them, but until that happens I'm quite happy to leave it be.
    Originally posted by matelodave
    My deal ends on exactly the same day as yours but my electricity tariff is different to yours. Presumably, as you didn't quote Gas, yours is electricity only? (Sorry if you've said that before).
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 9th Nov 18, 6:08 PM
    • 6,591 Posts
    • 4,230 Thanks
    Hengus
    Interesting.

It is now clear that Eversmart have agreed at least three 'Guaranteed Price' deals - each with the same name (Welcome Home) but each with different tariffs. Oh and in addition they have agreed a variable tariff, also called welcome Home.

Apart from anything else, this breaks with the tradition that each separate tariff is given a unique name.

Something has clearly gone very wrong at Eversmart.
    A lot of suppliers use the same tariff name for each new release. It is a legacy from the days when suppliers could only have 4 tariffs. If one looks carefully, the tariff name is usually followed by a version number or end date. It can make setting up the profile in MSE CEC tricky if people donít refer to a bill or their Welcome Letter.
    • wavelets
    • By wavelets 9th Nov 18, 6:22 PM
    • 561 Posts
    • 244 Thanks
    wavelets
    Better get in contact with Zog. They launched with a tariff called Mercury 12 about 5 years ago, and still have it!

They've had countless price changes over the years for this tariff, but I do see recently they have appended version numbers to them.
    But they didn't do that until recently, and you could only identify the correct one on PCWs by knowing when the tariff started, and looking through the huge list to see if you could identify which one was yours (and then double checking the standing charge and unit price against what you actually pay to ensure you picked the correct one)

And just to make it interesting, some PCWs like the one above (EHL), don't list the tariffs in date order, but simply alphabetically.
    Last edited by wavelets; 09-11-2018 at 6:38 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,820Posts Today

6,520Users online

Martin's Twitter