Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrew
      Verified User verified user
    • By MSE Andrew Verified User verified user 28th Jul 17, 10:28 AM
    • 91Posts
    • 24Thanks
    MSE Andrew
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Eversmart Energy
    • 28th Jul 17, 10:28 AM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Eversmart Energy 28th Jul 17 at 10:28 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Eversmart Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply. If you arenít sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
Page 15
    • matelodave
    • By matelodave 14th Sep 18, 7:16 PM
    • 3,889 Posts
    • 2,442 Thanks
    matelodave
    I've finally got an e-mail from Eversmart confirming that the switch did happen on 10th. Still don't know what meter reading they are using though.

They did say that they've have been inundated with e-mails (something I'd guess they could have avoided by keeping people informed)
    Love makes the world go round - beer make it go round even faster
    Look after our planet - it's the only one with beer
    • macman
    • By macman 14th Sep 18, 10:01 PM
    • 42,781 Posts
    • 18,031 Thanks
    macman
    Me too-but they still haven't posted up my meter reading.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop
    • darkovo
    • By darkovo 15th Sep 18, 10:16 AM
    • 147 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    darkovo
    Not just me then, haven't had a reply from them via Messenger or Email. Apparently Switched on 12th when my DD came out to Eversmart, Octopus are saying they haven't been in touch with them with the final meter reading yet though!

Northern Powergrid confirms I switched to them.

I still haven't got any kind of website logon details yet though so can't add a Reading or check my account.
    Last edited by darkovo; 15-09-2018 at 10:36 AM. Reason: edit
    • Linda99
    • By Linda99 15th Sep 18, 2:22 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Linda99
    Was so glad to see the back of this rubbish Energy Supplier.Iresa were bad this lot are worse, awful.
    • darkovo
    • By darkovo 15th Sep 18, 5:37 PM
    • 147 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    darkovo
    Was so glad to see the back of this rubbish Energy Supplier.Iresa were bad this lot are worse, awful.
    Originally posted by Linda99

Tell us more!
    • JohnB47
    • By JohnB47 16th Sep 18, 10:41 AM
    • 1,221 Posts
    • 385 Thanks
    JohnB47
    Originally posted by Linda99
    I was on my second fixed deal with IRESA and never had a problem with them, or any other supplier for that matter. Eversmart bungled my switch, so it's not looking good.
    • matelodave
    • By matelodave 16th Sep 18, 11:07 AM
    • 3,889 Posts
    • 2,442 Thanks
    matelodave
    I was on my second fixed deal with IRESA and never had a problem with them, or any other supplier for that matter. Eversmart bungled my switch, so it's not looking good.
    Originally posted by JohnB47
    Did Eversmart bungle your switch or was it caught up in the debacle between IRESA & Octopus.

I, like probably hundreds, if not thousands, jumped from Octopus at the earliest opportunity. Some also jumped just before IRESA actually fell off the tree so I'm guessing that there are a lot of half completed switches out there caused by incomplete or incorrect databases and records.

I've got an excellent set of my own records, plus PDF copies of all correspondence, bills and statements which makes it easy for me to keep track. Hopefully it helped Octopus to sort my transfer to them.

I've still got reservations as to what data they've got from IRESA (who had been guessing my meter readings and were about 1800kwh short). Likewise I'm not sure what meter readings Eversmart or Octopus are using for theire swap so I'm waiting for my final bill from Octopus with keen anticipation.

I'm sure that smart meters feeding into a central database would have almost eliminated a lot of the aggro and confusion with agreeing meter readings rather than using a validation process that's been fed with the wrong info in the first place.
    Last edited by matelodave; 16-09-2018 at 11:10 AM.
    • JohnB47
    • By JohnB47 16th Sep 18, 4:28 PM
    • 1,221 Posts
    • 385 Thanks
    JohnB47
    Did Eversmart bungle your switch or was it caught up in the debacle between IRESA & Octopus.
    Originally posted by matelodave
    Have a look at post #275 on this thread.
    • matelodave
    • By matelodave 16th Sep 18, 7:34 PM
    • 3,889 Posts
    • 2,442 Thanks
    matelodave
    sorry, missed that.

You'd have thought that transferring basic address data would be automatic but I guess that it's format error between databases.
    • Mister G
    • By Mister G 17th Sep 18, 10:44 AM
    • 791 Posts
    • 467 Thanks
    Mister G
    Well, my move to Eversmart from Octopus/Iresa has all taken place smoothly as forecast, despite them not confirming it. I had to contact the DNO to confirm this.

However, I do need to get Eversmart to correct the address as, upon talking to the DNO (SSE), they have left out the house number! I think I'll try an email to them.
    • waterhouse_melons
    • By waterhouse_melons 17th Sep 18, 11:03 AM
    • 816 Posts
    • 9,266 Thanks
    waterhouse_melons
    Has anyone else got the variable tariff changing email? I'm on Goodbye Standing Charge tariff and they're adding 30p standing charges! Pathetic. I'm on pre-payment meter, anyone else been looking around for cheaper? USwitch, MSE etc seem to have the old prices when doing comparisons...
    Best Freebies/Wins/Testers so far: HP Officejet Pro 8500, Vax Zen, Thorpe Park Tks, 2x Rockwell Tkts, Windows 7, 2x Chelsea vs Arsenal Tkts, Genio Phone, JLS Tickets, 2 PSP games, 2 Xbox 360 games, iPod Touch, Blackberry Torch, Westlife Tkts, Tinie Tempah tkts, New York Trip AND MORE...
    Thanks to all posters on here
    • S0litaire
    • By S0litaire 17th Sep 18, 11:26 AM
    • 3,468 Posts
    • 2,190 Thanks
    S0litaire
    Has anyone else got the variable tariff changing email? I'm on Goodbye Standing Charge tariff and they're adding 30p standing charges! Pathetic. I'm on pre-payment meter, anyone else been looking around for cheaper? USwitch, MSE etc seem to have the old prices when doing comparisons...
    Originally posted by waterhouse_melons
    Yup i got one last week. very annoyed with it. Switched away as soon as i got it. I just went with Bulb. more expensive but worth it to get away from Eversmart.
    Laters

Sol

"Have you found the secrets of the universe? Asked Zebade "I'm sure I left them here somewhere"
    • JohnB47
    • By JohnB47 17th Sep 18, 1:26 PM
    • 1,221 Posts
    • 385 Thanks
    JohnB47
    sorry, missed that.

You'd have thought that transferring basic address data would be automatic but I guess that it's format error between databases.
    Originally posted by matelodave

I think that they simply didn't request changeover of electricity - that's what Octopus said. They just made up that story about the address being different to save face. Someone else has just confirmed that their switch went ahead without a house number being quoted!
    • darkovo
    • By darkovo 17th Sep 18, 1:26 PM
    • 147 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    darkovo
    I've finally had a very brief reply to my email asking them if my Switch did occur on 12th Sep:
    "Good afternoon,

You went live with us on the 12/09 and I have re sent a create an account email for you.

Kind Regards"

Short and sweet! 5 mins later I also got my logon link, have created account and will enter a Reading, of which currently they don't have one showing.
    Hopefully soon Octopus will now be able to send my final bill and refund.

edit: unable to enter my Reading, just get error, I've replied to them with correct reading today, will have to see what readings get posted from Octopus and Eversmart n the future.
    Last edited by darkovo; 17-09-2018 at 1:59 PM. Reason: edit
    • Mister G
    • By Mister G 17th Sep 18, 4:51 PM
    • 791 Posts
    • 467 Thanks
    Mister G
    I've finally had a very brief reply to my email asking them if my Switch did occur on 12th Sep:
    "Good afternoon,

You went live with us on the 12/09 and I have re sent a create an account email for you.

Kind Regards"

Short and sweet! 5 mins later I also got my logon link, have created account and will enter a Reading, of which currently they don't have one showing.
    Hopefully soon Octopus will now be able to send my final bill and refund.

edit: unable to enter my Reading, just get error, I've replied to them with correct reading today, will have to see what readings get posted from Octopus and Eversmart n the future.
    Originally posted by darkovo
    Yes, I just had exactly the same. Email received, account set up, but would not allow me to enter a meter reading. Perhaps it takes a little while to sort itself out.

I'll try again tomorrow.
    • macman
    • By macman 17th Sep 18, 5:25 PM
    • 42,781 Posts
    • 18,031 Thanks
    macman
    None of us have been able to enter meter readings, it's a fault on their website.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop
    • deanos
    • By deanos 17th Sep 18, 7:40 PM
    • 10,854 Posts
    • 5,566 Thanks
    deanos
    I might be really dumb but my account is showing a minus amount, does that mean im actually in credit , if you read my billow it should be + not - ?

Your Electricity and Gas Statement
    Billing Period: 10/05/2018 - 07/06/2018
    Account Overview:
    Previous balance
    Payments received
    £91.55
    Electricity charges
    £53.04
    Gas charges
    £18.87
    New balance
    • TangoGolf
    • By TangoGolf 17th Sep 18, 7:51 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    TangoGolf
    Is there a general consensus about the best way to send them a meter read if the website doesn't work. Does phone, sms, or email seem to work best? Any experiences?
    • PennineAcute
    • By PennineAcute 17th Sep 18, 8:03 PM
    • 214 Posts
    • 98 Thanks
    PennineAcute
    My rent account is the same. Shows - for positive balance.

It is right, as a - means debt.
    • gardner1
    • By gardner1 17th Sep 18, 8:04 PM
    • 2,733 Posts
    • 4,028 Thanks
    gardner1
    Is there a general consensus about the best way to send them a meter read if the website doesn't work. Does phone, sms, or email seem to work best? Any experiences?
    Originally posted by TangoGolf
    sent mine via email and reply came back within 15 min.......that was during office hours
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,003Posts Today

8,211Users online

Martin's Twitter