Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • chrisypaty
    • By chrisypaty 27th Jul 17, 8:50 PM
    • 18Posts
    • 6Thanks
    chrisypaty
    Notice of Intended Court Proceedings
    • 27th Jul 17, 8:50 PM
    Notice of Intended Court Proceedings 27th Jul 17 at 8:50 PM
    Hello,

Recently the owners of my apartment block have employed myparkingcharge.co.uk to 'manage our underground parking. I received a parking permit which I placed in the holder in my car. The parking space is also written in the tenancy agreement.

Back in April I went away on holiday for 2 weeks and before my holiday I cleaned the car and put the parking permit in my glove box whilst hoovering the car and forgot to put it back. On my return from my holiday I had 15 PCNs under my wipers.

I appealed the charges on the website for 60 each and the appeals were rejected by myparkingcharge, with a reduced fee offered. I have ignored these reduced charges for all the PCNs and did not appeal to the IPC as mentioned in the NEWBIES thread.

I have now received notice of intended court proceeding unless I pay 100 each by a certain date. I have read the NEWBIES thread but I am still a bit confused as to what to do now.

Also I am changing address soon so would like to know what I have to do.

Thanks.
    Last edited by chrisypaty; 27-07-2017 at 8:51 PM. Reason: incorrect spelling
Page 3
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 7th Feb 18, 9:15 PM
    • 7,507 Posts
    • 9,992 Thanks
    beamerguy
    I wonder which one of this motley outfit had used the brain cell the day they came up with that. If they employed a half wit it would increase the average intelligence of the company.
    Originally posted by waamo
    What a rubbish letter , love to see a judge get his teeth
    into that one especially as the OP says the parking bay I had been allocated as part of my tenancy agreement?

This is the same rubbish spoken about by the MP's
    last friday in the house .... THAT THEY WANT STOPPED
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 7th Feb 18, 9:22 PM
    • 58,322 Posts
    • 71,854 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Watch the second reading of a bill designed to restrict these scams:

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

Complain to your MP. Residential cases in particular were highlighted as an 'outrageous scam'.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• chrisypaty
    • By chrisypaty 7th Feb 18, 11:08 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    chrisypaty
    Faith in humanity partially restored after watching that.

I will contact the local MP where I used to live tomorrow.
    • chrisypaty
    • By chrisypaty 1st Mar 18, 11:51 AM
    • 18 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    chrisypaty
    Bit of an update.

I had my set aside hearing today...

Judge ruled in my favour stating there was a good prospect of success although he couldn't 100% guarantee. !!!128513;!!!128513;!!!128513;

He strongly recommended for the an agreement to be reached out of court.

He also said that to him the parking charge sounded like a penalty given that it was 1500 and that I was parking in my space as part of the lease.

He did grill me on why I'd taken out my parking pass. I said it was a stupid mistake but did not warrant such as penalty. On the other hand he was quite annoyed by the large amount of documentation that had been sent and seemed to think this could have been settled.

However, no mention of the set aside reimbursement. I was so relieved by the decision I completely forgot to ask the judge. Ah well.

I would just like to thank all the posters on here for their time & effort in responding to any of my questions.

I think I will get some documentation in the next 2 weeks. What is the best option to take now?

Many thanks.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,059Posts Today

8,359Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Quick #eng pre-match poll. What result do you predict?

• I agree this glitch wasn't flights for 1p it was flights for c. £200 - I think many would've expected that to be th? https://t.co/QUTnlBLPkj

• Was the BA fare glitch fair? Are you one of those let down by BA cancelling cheap flights to Tel Avivandr Dubai? H? https://t.co/PvN8Zaxbue

• Follow Martin