PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Comments

• catshark88 wrote: »
    I'm not sure which will happen first, exchange or head exploding!

I'm the same. I'm at the top of my tree.

I have the contract. However...

There are two snagging issues. Firstly an indemnity insurance needed regarding an application re right of way over an unadopted road. I'm not sure if this just requires Dozy Vendor to sign a bit of paper, or what. I daren't ask.

Secondly, two FENSA certificates missing. If I can see the blessed things on the Fensa website why on God's green earth can the blooming useless vendor not pay for and download the wretched things?!?!?

Head, wall, bang.

Again, apologies for venting.
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,683 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Congratulations to those who've exchanged, fingers crossed for those who are close - seems to be quite a few now! :j

Regina, I also instructed solicitors before receiving mortgage offer - good job in my case as we're 10 weeks in tomorrow and still don' have the mortgage :eek: :eek: :eek: as far as I can tell everthing else is sorted but I daren't ask questions because then I'd have to confess about our lack of mortgage... :eek:

I hope it'll be sorted one way ot another this week - solicitor rang yesterday to confirm he had our names spelled exactly the same as tbe building societ has them before he wrote them the letter they wanted 3 weeks ago (but couldn't have until our soliticor had confirmed things with the sellers, who took over a fortnight to respond :eek: ) Hoping once they've got this letter (which he's sending by email) they'll reply quickly with an offer - although I confess given the ongoing fiasco we've has already over the last couple of months I can't help imagining they'll come up with some other ludicrous hoop we have to jump through... :eek:

Catshark - I'm with you on the head exploding :eek: can't believe you've been waiting 7 months!! :eek: Also hoping for Christmas (but can't even imagine it being Christmas next year at this rate :rotfl: )
  • Regina and Daff, we also got our solicitors going before even applying for a mortgage! Although it was due to not knowing what we were doing whatsoever (see the username...) :o

I'm joining the party, since I like seeing other people's timelines:
    27/7 viewed property
    31/7 first offer, rejected
    2/8 second offer, accepted
    3/8 solicitor instructed
    16/8 searches paid for
    26/8 local searches returned, mining search paid for

Meanwhile my partner's employer had lost a payslip of his, we chased and chased it, our mortgage advisor agreed to go ahead without it while they sorted it out...

12/9 mortgage applied for with Principality
    17/9 missing payslip received
    20/9 valuation and homebuyers report carried out
    26/9 received homebuyers report - no reds!
    4/10 got mortgage offer verbally from mortgage advisor
    7/10 mortgage offer in post

So here we are, waiting for the report on title/contracts/all that stuff from our solicitor. Hoping to exchange before the 27th so we can give notice on our periodic tenancy! No one's talked dates yet, but there's no chain, the property is empty and we rent so no-one really needs a particular date. Just wanting to get moved! It's a significant upgrade from anything we've rented (lovely 7 year old detached house) so we are both keen to move. It's a bit sad but the thing I'm most excited about is having a utility room :o
  • westv
    westv Posts: 6,081 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Currently no news on whether the money from my buyer's buyers help to buy ISA has reached their solicitor yet. How long does this normally take? It obviously exists outside the world of same day transfers.
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,683 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Not sad at all Clueless - we're going to have a utility room too (that's bigger than the kitchen) and I'm pretty excited too :D
  • westv
    westv Posts: 6,081 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    westv wrote: »
    Told last week we should be able to exchange either today or tomorrow. I'm not expecting either but that hasn't stopped my staring at my phone!

Quick email to sols asking if things were still on track for today as far as she was aware.
    Auto reply back saying she won't be in until tomorrow! :mad:
  • Natbag
    Natbag Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I feel your pain everyone.
    EA rang this morning, no progress, sols still waiting on a couple of enquiries either side of the chain. There really is no sense of urgency from anyone except us, and I think the chance of completing by the end of next week is getting slimmer by the day. I hadn't even thought of a delay with our buyers getting their deposit/HTB money together, no doubt that will be the next hiccup. Still hopinh to exchange this week (lol!), complete next week (double lol!), but who knows?! I'm tempted to apply some pressure and say that if it can't be next week it will need to be December 19th when the schools next break up, which thinking practically may well need to be the case!
    Property buying/selling timeline - currently into week 21
    04/12/20: Both properties listed for sale
    11/01/21: Offers accepted on both sales & on our joint purchase
    25/01/21: Identity checks completed, solicitors instructed
    27/01/21: Purchase survey & valuation complete, mortgage offer received 
    05/02/21: Reduction agreed on partner's sale (under-valuation) & on purchase. Mortgage offer amended
    08/02/21: Buyers pack returned to solicitor - sellers packs already returned
    26/02/21: Partner's sale contract signed
    10/03/21: Purchase searches all back
    16/03/21: My sale contract signed
    28/03/21: Purchase enquiries satisfied, Title Report & contracts issued, contracts signed & returned
    11/05/21: Still waiting on final enquiry in the adjoining chain to be resolved. Consent to break the chain granted, instruction to move to exchange given.
    17/05/21: All parties agreed to June 3rd for completion
    27/05/21: Exchanged on my sale only
    28/05/21: ALL EXCHANGED!
    03/06/21: Completion
  • Well I don't blame you at all Clueless - I dream of having a utility room one day :o

Still no news here. Our solicitor advised our buyer's solicitor early yesterday morning that we can't complete until 6th November, so it would need to be that date. He said he would call me as soon as he hears back if that date is okay - not heard anything yet. We did tell the EA a few weeks ago that we probably wouldn't be able to complete until that date, but not sure if they told the buyer, probably not.

It should be a simple yes or no answer, so I was hoping they would have got back to us by now. It's so frustrating not having an exact date to work towards!
    Thank you to everyone who posts on here :)
  • Natbag
    Natbag Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Tell me about it Upsy. Why is it so hard getting anything done? My solicitor says my buyers have 2 outstanding enquiries, yet no-one seems to know anything about these. There is a massive lack of communication going on, especially considering my vendor and buyers' solicitor is the same person! All this could be sorted with a couple of quick phone calls, yet it has been dragging on for days again.At this rate we might complete by the end of half term - October 2018. Grrrrrrrrr. :wall::wall::wall:
    Property buying/selling timeline - currently into week 21
    04/12/20: Both properties listed for sale
    11/01/21: Offers accepted on both sales & on our joint purchase
    25/01/21: Identity checks completed, solicitors instructed
    27/01/21: Purchase survey & valuation complete, mortgage offer received 
    05/02/21: Reduction agreed on partner's sale (under-valuation) & on purchase. Mortgage offer amended
    08/02/21: Buyers pack returned to solicitor - sellers packs already returned
    26/02/21: Partner's sale contract signed
    10/03/21: Purchase searches all back
    16/03/21: My sale contract signed
    28/03/21: Purchase enquiries satisfied, Title Report & contracts issued, contracts signed & returned
    11/05/21: Still waiting on final enquiry in the adjoining chain to be resolved. Consent to break the chain granted, instruction to move to exchange given.
    17/05/21: All parties agreed to June 3rd for completion
    27/05/21: Exchanged on my sale only
    28/05/21: ALL EXCHANGED!
    03/06/21: Completion
  • So fed up. I had to break the chain and go into storage but my sellers are refusing to even say thank you (after 18 weeks) let alone agree to meet me even halfway on my breaking the chain costs which have been significant.
    I'm in two minds at the moment. The market isn't particularly dropping around here, just stagnating. The nice ones go quickly still. I want to stick up for myself but also don't want to overly lose the house.
    I feel like everyone has walked all over me in this process.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback