PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Land Registry questions

Options

Comments

• G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 3 October 2018 at 4:56PM
    Options
    You could start by buying the Freehold Title Plan for Unit 2 (£3) and looking to see if it encompasses he car park you are interested in.

Doing a map enquiry, zooming in on the exact location, will also identify any relevant registered titles:

https://eservices.landregistry.gov.uk/eservices/FindAProperty/view/MapEnquiryRadiusSearch.do
  • Land_Registry
    Land_Registry Posts: 5,780 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    bhaskar wrote: »
    i need the information about who owns the car park at
    25 Raw Dykes Rd, Leicester LE2 7JU

there is 3 units that share the car park but there isn't any information about them on land registry

Unit 2, 25, Raw Dykes Road, Leicester, LE2 7JU
    Tenure:
    n/a Price Paid/Value Stated Data:
    n/a No information available
    Unit 3, 25, Raw Dykes Road, Leicester, LE2 7JU
    Tenure:
    Unit 1, 25, Raw Dykes Road, Leicester, LE2 7JU
    Tenure:

can you help?

Can you try Map Enquiry instead - use the post code to centre the map and aerial imagery to zoom in on the car park. You need to go close in to select it and not adjoining properties or titles.

If there is any uncertainty about the result us suggest making a postal application to search the index map instead - land intermixed with units is not always easy to isolate online
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • bhaskar
    bhaskar Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Can you try Map Enquiry instead - use the post code to centre the map and aerial imagery to zoom in on the car park. You need to go close in to select it and not adjoining properties or titles.

If there is any uncertainty about the result us suggest making a postal application to instead - land intermixed with units is not always easy to isolate online

i tried that but couldn't find the owner of the car park, it doesn't seem to be registered
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    i tried that but couldn't find the owner of the car park, it doesn't seem to be registered

You'll need to go the postal route of a search of the index map then
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • bhaskar
    bhaskar Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 4 October 2018 at 6:47PM
    Options
    You'll need to go the postal route of a search of the index map then
    I brought the land on the north side of Raw Dykes Road document
    the image shows the land the car park is on, but not who owns it

https://imgur.com/a/fuyf4AB
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    I brought the land on the north side of Raw Dykes Road document
    the image shows the land the car park is on, but not who owns it

https://imgur.com/a/fuyf4AB

So you know it's registered but it's the register you need to confirm ownership
    If it's within the red outline and nit edged and numbered in green then that's the title number you want
  • mjcc
    mjcc Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I have lived in a freehold property since 1991 - it is Registered in my name on the deeds and states clearly freehold. I am in the process of selling the property and a local trust has written to me claiming that the freehold that was sold before my ownership by the local council was done so erroneously because the land belongs to the trust. My purchaser is nervous because the letters were disclosed to their solicitors. I am assured I have absolute freehold rights and because of the time frame some 45 years ago, no challenge can be made by the trust. Is this correct? Should I be advised to purchase indemnity insurance? Is the trust liable for damages if my sale is halted due to this issue?

Mjcc
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    mjcc wrote: »
    I have lived in a freehold property since 1991 - it is Registered in my name on the deeds and states clearly freehold. I am in the process of selling the property and a local trust has written to me claiming that the freehold that was sold before my ownership by the local council was done so erroneously because the land belongs to the trust. My purchaser is nervous because the letters were disclosed to their solicitors. I am assured I have absolute freehold rights and because of the time frame some 45 years ago, no challenge can be made by the trust. Is this correct? Should I be advised to purchase indemnity insurance? Is the trust liable for damages if my sale is halted due to this issue?

mjcc very much Qs for a legal adviser to answer for you as it is how the law views the position that counts here
    We can only confirm the registered details, which you have already.
  • Sbabear
    Options
    Hi guys,

We are in the process of selling our house which currently has both a freehold and leasehold against the property. Both the freehold and leasehold are in the name of my wife and I.

These were supposed to merge when we bought the property, but this appears not to have happened.

Our buyers solicitor is insisting we merge these prior to completion, and although we don’t believe this is necessary, our solicitor has submitted a request to the Land Registry to progress this.

Could you please advise on approximate timescales for completing the merge?
  • Majic
    Majic Posts: 349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Can someone help me on this one. Where I live is a house for sale. Behind it is a pathway into a field. In previous years I have seen people walk down the path and into a field. The owner of the house for sale tells me that I shouldn't walk there as the path is private and his land. His house for sale does not mention this land in the particulars. He may well be right but how can I find out who owns the strip of land that contains the pathway?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback