Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 35
  • Land Registry
    I was previously assisted in terms of a query regarding adverse possession as the property which I am trying to buy has a section of garden which is owned by someone else. The application has been lodged and has been expedited, presumably due to the pending sale, this happened 2 weeks ago. Are you aware If there is any current delay in the ordnance survey going out to look at the property? Our seller now seems to think that this might now not be required despite a letter from the land registry indicating it was necessary but I’m a bit concerned that he hasn’t been contacted to arrange an inspection (the Land is enclosed) if one is required.
    Many thanks for all your help so far.
    Originally posted by Emma2409
    Expedition means it's considered normally within 10 working days. A survey is invariably needed then that is normally requested within 10 days of consideration.
    “Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Land Registry
    Hi

I could do with urgent advice with regarding buying a property. I’m pretty desperate as I am currently renting and have got an enviction notice. My solicitor is still refusing to set a completion date.

My vendor had to buy the freehold for their property before we can buy the house due to various reasons. Long story. They have now applied to Land registry for transfer of deed into their name. Could someone advice if that has been done yet and what time scales we are looking at? The title number is MAN80807.

I am so worried that we won’t be able to complete before our eviction date...

Many thanks!
    Originally posted by BossWoman987
    The application was submitted on 3rd September and the average timescales suggest it should be considered early this week and if everything is in order then completed at the same time
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Land Registry

I wondered two things:

1. How likely am I to be successful in adding these rights to my title? My title number is NK413893

2. How long could this take? My buyers only have a few weeks left on their current RAF accommodation and this could cause our chain to collapse

Many thanks to all.
    Originally posted by sdpoo
    1. All depends on the evidence submitted but in my experience the fact that an adjoining title has the rights would most likely be insufficient. Whilst that sounds very negative experience also suggests that any application would not rely on that point alone. The applicant would normally supply a statement of fact/truth setting out a series of points to support their claim

2. The average timescale for consideration is 9 working days. Odds are it will also need considering by a senior officer to see if the statement provided is sufficient - if it's not we would go back to the conveyancer to advise and ask for more as appropriate
    An application was submitted on 6th September
    • sdpoo
    • By sdpoo 10th Sep 18, 10:08 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    sdpoo
    Thank you, that is very helpful information. Is it worth calling to see if the application can be expedited? Especially as it sounds like I may need to provide more supporting evidence? I don't mind waiting 9 days, but it would be a shame to wait that long and then need to provide evidence and wait another 9 days!

Thanks again
  • Land Registry
    Thank you, that is very helpful information. Is it worth calling to see if the application can be expedited? Especially as it sounds like I may need to provide more supporting evidence? I don't mind waiting 9 days, but it would be a shame to wait that long and then need to provide evidence and wait another 9 days!

Thanks again
    Originally posted by sdpoo
    We don't usually expedite this type of application as it is looked at fairly quickly and we don;t know if you need more evidence as yet - that was merely a general comment on such applications.

Ringing us would only elicit the same responses

I'm assuming your conveyancer advised you on what was needed - see PG 52 - but the key is you can only put forward the 'facts'
    • laskoibence
    • By laskoibence 10th Sep 18, 12:13 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    laskoibence
    No application as yet against that title number so nothing currently with us

If they are looking to cancel or disapply it then it is likely to take a few weeks as suggested depending on what supporting evidence is submitted. You'll need to rely on your solicitor here
    Originally posted by Land Registry
    Hi, any application yet?
  • Land Registry
    Hi, any application yet?
    Originally posted by laskoibence
    Nothing as yet still
    • Reed_Richards
    • By Reed_Richards 10th Sep 18, 1:30 PM
    • 188 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    Reed_Richards
    I am buying a house that backs on to farmland. As part of that process I have seen the Title Plan for the property and an adjoining property. On both plans part of my (to-be) boundary with the farmland is shown as a straight-line continuation of my neighbour's boundary. But the position of the boundary line is slightly different in the two plans. Should I seek to have this discrepancy reconciled? The Title Plan for my neighbour's property is the more recent one.
    Reed
  • Land Registry
    I am buying a house that backs on to farmland. As part of that process I have seen the Title Plan for the property and an adjoining property. On both plans part of my (to-be) boundary with the farmland is shown as a straight-line continuation of my neighbour's boundary. But the position of the boundary line is slightly different in the two plans. Should I seek to have this discrepancy reconciled? The Title Plan for my neighbour's property is the more recent one.
    Originally posted by Reed_Richards
    If you have any concerns over the registered extent of what you are buying compared with the reality on the ground then you should raise this with your conveyancer and with the seller as appropriate.

Title plans will show the general boundaries only so are not intended to be definitive re the exact position of the legal boundary.

Slight differences may occur where older/newer Ordnance Survey detail has been used for each title plan. But that has to be considered along with the general boundaries point as well as the reality on the ground. We would not update the older one or re map the newer one using older detail so if it's a slight difference then it will remain as such on the title plans and we would, in my experience, reject any request to reconcile them

Our PG 40 series of supplements explain this in more detail for you and supplement 5 covers title plans specifically
    • cono1717
    • By cono1717 10th Sep 18, 11:09 PM
    • 706 Posts
    • 507 Thanks
    cono1717
    If a property has been sold by a person and the land registry now is under a company name, is it assumed that if a person is living in the property the company on the land registry is the landlord? Wouldn't expect Taylor Wimpey to be on the registry!
  • Land Registry
    If a property has been sold by a person and the land registry now is under a company name, is it assumed that if a person is living in the property the company on the land registry is the landlord? Wouldn't expect Taylor Wimpey to be on the registry!
    Originally posted by cono1717
    Something to ask Taylor Wimpey as the legal owner
    • Reed_Richards
    • By Reed_Richards 11th Sep 18, 10:03 AM
    • 188 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    Reed_Richards
    If you have any concerns over the registered extent of what you are buying compared with the reality on the ground then you should raise this with your conveyancer and with the seller as appropriate.
    I decided this discrepancy was not a concern, just something of an anomaly.

Slight differences may occur where older/newer Ordnance Survey detail has been used for each title plan. But that has to be considered along with the general boundaries point as well as the reality on the ground. We would not update the older one or re map the newer one using older detail so if it's a slight difference then it will remain as such on the title plans and we would, in my experience, reject any request to reconcile them
    Well that's useful to know. When, if ever, are Title Plans updated?
    Thank you for your help, Land Registry
    Reed
  • Land Registry
    Well that's useful to know. When, if ever, are Title Plans updated?
    Thank you for your help, Land Registry
    Originally posted by Reed_Richards
    Normally they are only updated if they are
    • Corrected for any reason, namely the registered extent/plan details are changed; or
    • If part of the title is transferred out/leased for example. Such an application triggers the need for a new plan for the transferred/leased part and as such the existing 'old' title is updated

Anomalies will always exist as titles have been registered over 150+ years and using different base maps, materials and techniques. But as the title plan is intended to show the general boundaries such anomalies can be acceptable for reasons explained in the previous post #690
    Last edited by Land Registry; 11-09-2018 at 10:47 AM.
    • Ashleyhines24
    • By Ashleyhines24 15th Sep 18, 8:21 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ashleyhines24
    HI LAND REGISTRY,

I am purchasing a property with a restriction and a charge against it the vendors solicitors said they applied for them to be taken off 3 weeks ago and would take 5 working days, can you check for me the title number is HS301897
    Thanks
    • poppy08
    • By poppy08 17th Sep 18, 7:13 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    poppy08
    Charge on my property
    Hi

I have an overpayment of CS pension that I have to repay. The pension administrator (PA) has offered that I can put a charge on my home meaning the debt will be repaid when I sell.

Do I do this myself by filling in forms at Land Registry or does the PA have to do it?

TIA
  • Land Registry
    HI LAND REGISTRY,

I am purchasing a property with a restriction and a charge against it the vendors solicitors said they applied for them to be taken off 3 weeks ago and would take 5 working days, can you check for me the title number is HS301897
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Ashleyhines24
    I'm afraid I can see no evidence of any application having been submitted against that title as yet
  • Land Registry
    Hi

I have an overpayment of CS pension that I have to repay. The pension administrator (PA) has offered that I can put a charge on my home meaning the debt will be repaid when I sell.

Do I do this myself by filling in forms at Land Registry or does the PA have to do it?

TIA
    Originally posted by poppy08
    Entirely a matter for the two of you - I would perhaps expect the creditor to apply but all depends on what type of charge is being applied for and how
    • poppy08
    • By poppy08 17th Sep 18, 11:35 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    poppy08
    Entirely a matter for the two of you - I would perhaps expect the creditor to apply but all depends on what type of charge is being applied for and how
    Thank you. I think, given the numerous mistakes MyCSP have made re my pension, I would rather do it myself. Could you possibly name the form(s) I need to fill in .

Thanks again.
  • Land Registry
    Thank you. I think, given the numerous mistakes MyCSP have made re my pension, I would rather do it myself. Could you possibly name the form(s) I need to fill in .
    Thanks again.
    Originally posted by poppy08
    We can't tell you how the charge should be protected on the register I'm afraid so that may be something to check with the other party.

Our PG 19 explains how interests can be protected and refers to some of the more common examples, which may assist. The PG links to the appropriate forms depending on which application is to be made
    • laskoibence
    • By laskoibence 18th Sep 18, 12:20 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    laskoibence
    Hi,

We are waiting 3 weeks now for the vendor's solicitor to make actions to dis apply the restrictions on the land registry, so we could proceed to the exchange, but they do not really do anything.

I have spoken to the estate agent today, and they asked me if we want to proceed without removing the restrictions.

Is it bad, or what could happen?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,999Posts Today

8,487Users online

Martin's Twitter