Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 32
    • francescotusa
    • By francescotusa 10th Aug 18, 4:43 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    francescotusa
    I'm afraid you have done all you can re speeding up the registration process as the application has been expedited.
    The key now is what applications are in front of it and which have a priority - can they be completed and do they affect

The completing part is largely down to us but will also rely on them being in order, so the conveyancer involved has got it 'right'

The do they affect part is something your conveyancer can and probably has considered. They may have to consider two main issues on that specific matter namely (1) is your seller's purchase in order and therefore can it be registered and (2) what other applications have priority and will they affect. The second point tends to be the main barrier to proceeding with completion as whilst the other plot sales could very well have no impact other applications may and the risk is seen as being too great. Very much one to discuss with your conveyancer
    Thanks for your message. I don't fully understand how the other applications can affect. I assume these have to be other applications also submitted by my seller? Do I get it right?

Thank again,
    Francesco
  • Land Registry
    Thanks for your message. I don't fully understand how the other applications can affect. I assume these have to be other applications also submitted by my seller? Do I get it right?

Thank again,
    Francesco
    Originally posted by francescotusa
    Most likely submitted by other purchasers just like your seller. Very much something to discuss with your own conveyancer as to the timings from your win perspective
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • ellectrastar
    • By ellectrastar 13th Aug 18, 9:28 AM
    • 54 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    ellectrastar
    Good morning - I have made an offer on a property that shares a track with five others. How is this shared track recorded at Land Registry? Does it show on each property's deeds that the track is shared? I want to ensure that it is indeed shared, and not just a right of way over someone elses land. Thanks.
    Last edited by ellectrastar; 13-08-2018 at 9:31 AM.
  • Land Registry
    Good morning - I have made an offer on a property that shares a track with five others. How is this shared track recorded at Land Registry? Does it show on each property's deeds that the track is shared? I want to ensure that it is indeed shared, and not just a right of way over someone elses land. Thanks.
    Originally posted by ellectrastar
    Whether they all own a part or each have a right of way over it then those details should appear on the registered titles involved. I'd suggest checking the title you are buying to see what details are included/mentioned
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • ellectrastar
    • By ellectrastar 13th Aug 18, 2:34 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    ellectrastar
    Thanks. I ordered the title register and plan. It doesn't reference anything to do with the track at all, neither ownership or rights of way. How else can I verify what this track is?

In addition the outline boundary is different as to what is advertised. The seller purchased adjoining land at a later stage - should this not show? Or is the title plan that you send relevant only to the time of the most recent sale and not any changes made thereafter? The estate agent shows a plan titled "Schedule of Areas" along with the field numbers and sizes, and this includes the portion that the seller says they have purchased. Why does it not show on the result I've been sent?
    • Emma2409
    • By Emma2409 13th Aug 18, 3:43 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Emma2409
    Thanks for the info. The seller’s solicitor has contacted our solicitor to confirm that they are to submit the application for adverse possession this week along with a letter from the registered proprietor confirming that there is no objection to the transfer- will having this letter speed things up at all or will the full notice period and surveys etc still need to be carried out?
  • Land Registry
    Thanks. I ordered the title register and plan. It doesn't reference anything to do with the track at all, neither ownership or rights of way. How else can I verify what this track is?

In addition the outline boundary is different as to what is advertised. The seller purchased adjoining land at a later stage - should this not show? Or is the title plan that you send relevant only to the time of the most recent sale and not any changes made thereafter? The estate agent shows a plan titled "Schedule of Areas" along with the field numbers and sizes, and this includes the portion that the seller says they have purchased. Why does it not show on the result I've been sent?
    Originally posted by ellectrastar
    So you need to check if the track is registered and if so what it's title refers to
    If they bought additional land at a later date then it is likely to be registered under it's own title.
    If you are buying the property then these are really issues you should raise with the seller and ask them to prove title/rights etc for you
  • Land Registry
    Thanks for the info. The seller!!!8217;s solicitor has contacted our solicitor to confirm that they are to submit the application for adverse possession this week along with a letter from the registered proprietor confirming that there is no objection to the transfer- will having this letter speed things up at all or will the full notice period and surveys etc still need to be carried out?
    Originally posted by Emma2409
    We won't know until the application is considered and the supporting evidence considered. Every application is considered on merit so impossible to say whether either or both are needed.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,327Posts Today

8,158Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin