Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Buffythedebtslayer
    • By Buffythedebtslayer 25th Jul 17, 11:47 PM
    • 15,280Posts
    • 50,926Thanks
    Buffythedebtslayer
    Buffy Keeps on the Straight and Narrow
    • 25th Jul 17, 11:47 PM
    Buffy Keeps on the Straight and Narrow 25th Jul 17 at 11:47 PM
    Hello,

I used to post here loads and loads, I have been debt free since 2011 but I am due dental work (yes finally!) and need glasses and work done on the car, the house and the garden so am going to do a 0% balance transfer if I can time everything right and then work very hard on paying it off.

I do have some savings but they are staying as an emergency fund, I like the security they give me. Plus they may well not be enough. In the back of my mind I think I am due a tax rebate as well, not had time to investigate yet.

Some things have changed and some things stay the same. As a family we are having a very hard time and that is partly why I am back, I need a reminder not spend all the time and to try to find the cheapest ways to do things. Especially eating.

Lately I have been buying things from Amazon like it doesn't cost me a thing and do not even get me started on the contactless payment option.....it is really bad!!

I get paid tomorrow so a little sort out of the budgets and then an investigation of 0% BT offers.

Love

Buffy
    Frugal Living Challenge, Pound a Day challenge, Sealed Pot Challenge Debt 4990 (March)
Page 38
    • RosaBernicia
    • By RosaBernicia 15th Sep 18, 7:21 PM
    • 3,569 Posts
    • 9,767 Thanks
    RosaBernicia
    I don't think I have a medical condition (do i?)
    also my dentist is not in any way NHS unfortunately....
    Originally posted by Buffythedebtslayer
    I was thinking if it's your milk teeth that are still there and causing the problems, then that's not usual and so I would have thought fixing it might be at least partly covered on NHS - I think there are maximum treatment cost bandings.

Doesn't necessarily help if you wouldn't want to change dentists - and I suspect the implant wouldn't be covered probably a lower cost option.

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016
    MFW progress 4.8% ...
    Campervan loan progress 6%

• Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 16th Sep 18, 9:07 PM
    • 6,109 Posts
    • 41,217 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    My dentist went private years ago and made me take up Denplan which covers things to some extent but not veneers. Spent 500 on veneers quite a few years ago which seems cheap now compared to the 516.17 I spent on having my cats teeth cleaned !!!!
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2018 404.08
    Debt 2180
    Weight loss 0/6LBS
    Emergency Fund 4000/10,000
    • Buffythedebtslayer
    • By Buffythedebtslayer 16th Sep 18, 10:54 PM
    • 15,280 Posts
    • 50,926 Thanks
    Buffythedebtslayer
    My dentist went private years ago and made me take up Denplan which covers things to some extent but not veneers. Spent 500 on veneers quite a few years ago which seems cheap now compared to the 516.17 I spent on having my cats teeth cleaned !!!!
    Originally posted by Sun Addict
    417 for the rabbits! So much fun!

Rubbish weekend here, both dogs ill, at the vets and then shopping on Saturday, exhausted after all the faff at the vets

Sunday started fairly early on the garden, but literally EVERYTHING went wrong, things broke, sting nettles appeared from no where, things fell on me, flew at me, I can't dig, or drill or screw.

Luckily Mum made a roast dinner, so that perked me up.

shattered now xxxxxx
    Frugal Living Challenge, Pound a Day challenge, Sealed Pot Challenge Debt 4990 (March)
    • Buffythedebtslayer
    • By Buffythedebtslayer 17th Sep 18, 9:41 PM
    • 15,280 Posts
    • 50,926 Thanks
    Buffythedebtslayer
    Looked out at my progress when I finally got home from work. Not bad.

I can't spend anymore money EVER. The break in resulted in me buying locks and lights for the garden. Eye watering amount of money - although to be honest I probably do spend that much on Amazon...per week I mean. *sighs*

I am returning some clothes that don't fit and need to cancel an order I made. And I returned some M and S clothes too. I have about 6 (!) parcels to return to my lovely George. I do love their clothes.

And then I need to to have a big think.

Right now I need some chocolate.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 17th Sep 18, 10:17 PM
    • 56,776 Posts
    • 230,815 Thanks
    beanielou
    Pass the chocolate Buffster
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. MFW 2018. No 144
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,637Posts Today

8,350Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin