And so it begins: The Pig Vs The Mortgage

Comments

• pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Having done my monthly updates and checked them I realised by reading other people's diaries that my mortgage account wasn't fully updated as it was a Sunday :o. The good news is the mortgage amount has gone down:j. I'm going to keep an eye on it to see if the monthly interest has been applied. Its only my second complete month of my new os mortgage and I'm still getting to grips with the online statements. I am also a bit of an idiot:o

Autumn has descended with a vengeance. Torrential rain, high winds and dark by 7pm:( Looking on the bright side its time for woolly jumpers, lighting the wood burner and making lots of lovely comfort food:)

Today's successes

An uneventful day at work. I can feel the stress building around me and my diary is getting fuller and fuller so I'm going to try extra hard not to get overwhelmed by things. I want to try to keep working smarter not longer.

Marking up to date and tomorrow's prep done.

2 litres of water drank and kettle bells class done (was tempted to duck out due to tiredness and miserable weather but they charge for late cancellations. Glad I didn't as I feel better for going).

Cheap healthy eats (porridge for breakfast, baked potato and lo bol sauce and salad for lunch, veggie chilli from the freezer for dinner).

Nsd

Ds's homework done. It appears the work = success equation is beginning to slowly penetrate. Let's hope it's not too little too late!

Nice chat and a cup of tea with dd before she headed out to catch up with her friend. Really quite proud of the woman she's becoming :A

Quick visit to mum and dad who are coping OK. Long may it last :)

Not quite so successful:o

No cleaning

Utility room is a tip. Several boxes of stuff dumped in there ready for sorting through plus a bit of filing

Need to call boiler insurance as the pressure has dropped and it needs reseting - forgot

Not enough sleep.

Tomorrow I would like to sort out at least one of the above, batch cook a curry, do an hour's cardio, drink 2 litres of water and have a calm productive day at work. We' ll see :rotfl:

PP x
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • Oh I am so with you on all the above....except the cardio - I'm still on crutches. But hopefully will be back to it before too long. I can feel the dodgy food starting to make itself comfortable around my midriff!!!
  • pinkypig
    Oh I am so with you on all the above....except the cardio - I'm still on crutches. But hopefully will be back to it before too long. I can feel the dodgy food starting to make itself comfortable around my midriff!!!

You must be so frustrated :mad: hope you make a full recovery soon. You're also right about the midriff. I used to be able to eat anything. Not anymore! Xx
  • pinkypig
    Yesterday was bonkers, literally chasing my tail all day. Work was fairly straightforward but busy and home was just busy.

I did manage some wins just not as many as I needed;

Batch cooked chilli (using turkey mince and padded out with breadcrumbs - no one has noticed:p) and put a huge veg curry in the sc while I was at work so Ive some easy freezer meals for the last few weeks of term.

Drank enough water and did a spin class

Happy children :)

Did a bit of tidying in the utility room. Boxes still there but the filing is done and the dry laundry is folded and away.

Cheap, healthy eats (porridge for breakfast, baked potato and beans for lunch and veg curry and rice ( moved onto brown rice and its lovely) . Used lo for lunch today.

Didn't manage nsd day as 'we've' (kids:mad:) have lost the dog collar and lead. I did manage to get a nice collar and lead set in Poundstretcher for £1.99 though:money:

Today has been cold and wet and the heating went on for the first time. It was just for an hour as the house felt really cold. It's lovely and toasty now though:)

Lunch was lo and dinner was chilli, hm wedges using sprouty potatoes and salad. Lo have been packed up for tomorrow and I filled the spaces in the air fryer with baked potatoes which I'll freeze for lunches next week.

DD has hoovered and a load of laundry is in. Its meant to be a decent day tomorrow so hopefully it'll line dry along with my bedding which needs doing too.

I've been through my xmas /pressie stores and have sorted out my October and November birthdays and have a list of who's getting what for Xmas. I need very little:j. Stocking fillers are on there way from China :money: and I got wrapping paper, gift bags, ribbon and cards at the tail end of the sales when they were dirt cheap. I've got some candles, cakes and pudings to make but I've got all the stuff and theme hampers to assemble but I feel I'm on my way to a thrifty Xmas that doesn't look like its been done on the cheap. Forward planning is a wonderful thing. Pity I didn't work that out twenty years ago:o!!

On money news I os £1.90 paid in by Shopium. Oceanspray have confirmed my refund so that will be another £2 and its rent day on Fri so I can make a decent os payment. My avc contribution has started so my salary was £800 lower:eek: but my pension pot was £1000 better off :j

Still very snuffly and tired so I'm off to bed to catch up on Liar before getting a very early night.

PP xx
  • You are so organised. I am exhausted and stuck to the sofa. Need to find some tea from somewhere.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • fiona100
    fiona100 Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks for the reminder PP.

I do try to start early, and have even allocated a desk drawer to be the present accumulator. Now I need to go in and sort out who gets what and what else I need (alternatively known as who gets homemade). Almost everyone got chutney last year, and my vanilla extract got requested - so I will look like a lush, getting a couple of bottles of vodka:rotfl:. Now to find the time :eek:
  • pinkypig
    You are so organised. I am exhausted and stuck to the sofa. Need to find some tea from somewhere.
    You've got a baby to look after, you're allowed:D. If I'd had your savvy when mine were tiny I'd be retired by now!
    You also won't be saying that when it becomes clear that I've peaked, then got complacent because I think I'm ahead of the game and then dissapear up my own backside in a puff of glitter around December the 23rd :rotfl:
  • That puff of Christmas glitter, I know it well. Although at least 1 class I've taught were never allowed glitter.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • pinkypig
    fiona100 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reminder PP.

I do try to start early, and have even allocated a desk drawer to be the present accumulator. Now I need to go in and sort out who gets what and what else I need (alternatively known as who gets homemade). Almost everyone got chutney last year, and my vanilla extract got requested - so I will look like a lush, getting a couple of bottles of vodka:rotfl:. Now to find the time :eek:

Hiya Fiona, your presents sound fab, homemade gifts are always a treat. Try and walk straight when you pick up your vodka:D
  • pinkypig
    Hell its been a long week, nearly over now though - I am so looking forward to the weekend:D
    I've had a really productive day today, helped along by glorious sunshine which prompted and early finish:)

Today's wins

Laundry and bedding all line dried and put away.

Winter duvet aired and put on my bed. Electric blanket already on!

Made broccoli and cheddar soup with broccoli that needed using and spicy bean soup for the weekend. Love Autumn food:)

Did food shopping for £23.26 :j.

Chimney sweep came, swept the chimney and did a few stove maintenance/repair jobs free of charge - lovely man!

Cut back an area of garden and filled the green bin ready for this week's collection. Swept patio and decking and put the garden furniture away for the winter.

Paid expenses cheque into the bank so will os that when it clears

£3 spent in £land on two packs of wax strips ( can't believe what I used to pay to get this done:eek:) and some of their maple flavoured syrup which ds loves on pancakes.

Drank enough water and did a spin class followed by a long, hot free shower :money:

Cheap healthy eats (porridge for breakfast, lo chilli for lunch and spag carbonara for dinner. Ds made bread at school today so we turned it into hm garlic bread which was lovely).

Everything left on my list now involves making phone calls. Why do I always put these off? Need to get a grip:o
    I'm off to catch up on Safe House followed,hopefully, by 8 hours uninterrupted sleep :)

PP xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback