Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • BlessedNotStressed
    • By BlessedNotStressed 21st Jul 17, 9:26 PM
    • 25Posts
    • 146Thanks
    BlessedNotStressed
    Seriously SCARY situation
    • 21st Jul 17, 9:26 PM
    Seriously SCARY situation 21st Jul 17 at 9:26 PM
    Needing some urgent advice!
    My husband and I purchased our first home - we completed in February. Everything was going swimmingly and we were settling in well.........until 7am today! A strange man randomly strolled into our house, and what ensued was a hysterical fit of screaming, shouting and aggression. This guy had a key to our house! After we had all (finally!) calmed down, we asked the man in question why he had a key to our house, and what the hell was he playing at strolling in unannounced?! He claims that the house belongs to him - he seems to think that he bought it with his ex, but he went to work in Dubai for 18 months without finalising any divorce. He is insisting that he did not consent (or, therefore,sign) any paperwork permitting the sale of the property!!
    My husband and I are understandably nervous now. The man said he'd be speaking to his solicitor and the police. Where do we stand? Will the house purchase be voided? Will we be forced to leave and still pay the mortgage? Can't even get hold of my own solicitor until Monday now.
    Last edited by BlessedNotStressed; 21-07-2017 at 11:36 PM.
Page 10
    • BlessedNotStressed
    • By BlessedNotStressed 8th Dec 17, 7:11 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 146 Thanks
    BlessedNotStressed
    Hi Folks,

I'm having a quiet Friday evening so thought I'd pop on here to update you all now that the dust has settled! I'm pleased to say that we are still very much in OUR home & nicely settled. Things seem to have calmed down a little. The 'angry man' managed to get most of his belongings back from the charity shop and came to an agreement with his ex for his share of the house funds plus interest and some moderate compensation. In return, he withdrew legal action. We were also visited by the police in relation to the possible mortgage fraud that may have occurred, so we gave our version of events and haven't heard anything since!
    • Slithery
    • By Slithery 8th Dec 17, 7:18 PM
    • 722 Posts
    • 1,129 Thanks
    Slithery
    Thanks for the update.

Glad it's all sorted
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,557Posts Today

7,800Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LaraLewington: ...and mine suggested I'd achieved a lifelong ambition of being sawn in half by a magician - at our wedding. Wasn't. Don?

• We are working on it - I think BA has behaved awfully on this. Those flight were no obviously a glitch. It should? https://t.co/8pvtXtUEqi

• RT @thenicolabryant: Absolutely. We need mental health and financial health as advocated my @MartinSLewis , to be taught in schools. So muc?

• Follow Martin