Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Maysep1
    • By Maysep1 20th Jul 17, 12:41 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Maysep1
    F1rst parking university parking fine
    • 20th Jul 17, 12:41 PM
    F1rst parking university parking fine 20th Jul 17 at 12:41 PM
    Hi I received a parking charge notice from first parking last year which I appealed. I was parking in a disabled bay but did not have a permit. I appealed this charge as I had a disabled parking permit for the university car park for the academic year before and got my permit renewed 7 days after I received the fine. My appeal unfortunately got rejected as I did not have a permit at the time. I recently received a claim form letter that court action will be taken if I do not pay the sum of 185 by next week. I rang them and I have stupidly accepted liabailty when I put the appeal through. They said they would be happy with 100 and will not take me to court if I pay that amount. Do you think I should pay the 100 or do you guys think I won't be taken to court?.

Thank you 😊
Page 2
    • toratora
    • By toratora 13th Jun 19, 3:21 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    toratora
    Similar problem
    Hi, I have a similar problem. In the Easter Holiday, I parked in a uni carpark for which I have a permit. It allows students to park there is they are postgraduates with children under 5 years old, with a valid permit. I have said permit but on this particular day, I had a flat battery and drove my partner's car to uni. I hadn't pre-registered this other car onto the permit and didn't even think to do so. I paid for parking using my ringo account that has both vehicles registered onto it.

I then received a letter saying I hadn't paid valid payment/had a valid permit, demanding a 40 fine, increasing to 80 if I didn't pay and so I replied to this with a copy of my parking session from Ringo, stating I had a valid parking ticket, as that is what I thought it was about. I didn't think any more until today when I received a letter from a debt collection agency charging me 150! When I looked up on the university website, it dawned on me this is all down to not pre-registering the other car.

This is a genuine human error because of the wording of the original correspondence. The lack of a phone number to help get to the bottom of it means things are now escalating at a silly rate. Does anyone have any advice?
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 13th Jun 19, 4:04 PM
    • 6,613 Posts
    • 6,652 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    Read the NEWBIE thread and then, if that does not answer your question, please start your own thread.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Jun 19, 2:05 AM
    • 76,531 Posts
    • 89,870 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I received a letter from a debt collection agency charging me 150!
    No new threads about DRP please, please. This is in the NEWBIES FAQS thread.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,249Posts Today

7,601Users online

Martin's Twitter