Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • luccaforum751
    • By luccaforum751 19th Jul 17, 3:16 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 1Thanks
    luccaforum751
    Spark Energy and Opos Limit problem
    • 19th Jul 17, 3:16 PM
    Spark Energy and Opos Limit problem 19th Jul 17 at 3:16 PM
    Hi,
    Over three years ago we moved into a rental property and had the misfortune to have Spark Energy as our energy supplier (we didn't choose this, it was already in place).

We had no end of problems with them and to be frank were the worst company I've ever had to deal with. We left the property in early April 2014 and received an email from Spark on May 2014 with the final bill which we paid within a few days.

We have had no contact with them since then - over three years ago. To say I was surprised to receive an email from Oposlimit asking for the money outstanding to Spark to be paid would be an understatement to say the least!

It's not a huge amount but it's the principle of the matter as we paid everything that was owed quickly and with the minimum of fuss (which cannot be said for the hassle dealing with Spark).

Has anybody had any similar issues?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Last edited by luccaforum751; 19-07-2017 at 3:48 PM.
Page 3
    • AndyMTB
    • By AndyMTB 10th May 18, 12:41 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    AndyMTB
    Jenny at Spark has been in contact with my daughter and is sorting things out - thanks Jenny!

It looks like the letting agent (a major national chain with whom I intend to make contact) set up an account with Spark AFTER my daughter had already ended her tenancy and vacated the dwelling. To my mind, this constitutes fraud.
    • Flt. Lt. Biggles
    • By Flt. Lt. Biggles 10th May 18, 12:48 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    Flt. Lt. Biggles
    Jenny at Spark has been in contact with my daughter and is sorting things out - thanks Jenny!

Originally posted by AndyMTB
    Well done Spark Energy, and in particular Jenny, for resolving this matter.

It's not just price that is important, but exceptional customer service like this.
    From zero to hero in just 18 hours.

I will be sure to recommend Spark Energy in the future.

Well done!

It looks like the letting agent (a major national chain with whom I intend to make contact) set up an account with Spark AFTER my daughter had already ended her tenancy and vacated the dwelling. To my mind, this constitutes fraud.
    Originally posted by AndyMTB
    You can report fraud here.

https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/report-a-fraud-including-online-crime-questions

Or if you don't want top spend 20 minutes of your time filling in that online form, call 101 and report the matter that way.

Whichever way, do not let the fraudsters get away with it, and probably continue to defraud others in the future too. - do report it.

But remember, after your daughter's tenancy agreement had terminated, then your daughter is no longer responsible for the utility bills at that address.
    (Did she inform the utility suppliers of her leaving the property?)

Furthermore, in the absence of any immediate replacement tenant, then the landlord (or his/her agent) will become responsible for the utilities, and are permitted to switch to any supplier they wish.

Looks like they made a wise decision based on the customer support you have been given by Spark Energy here.

But I'm not sure how you construe that as fraud.
    Last edited by Flt. Lt. Biggles; 10-05-2018 at 12:59 PM.
    • Spark Energy: Jenny
      Verified User verified user
    • By Spark Energy: Jenny Verified User verified user 10th May 18, 12:59 PM
    • 137 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    Spark Energy: Jenny
    Hi Andy

Thanks for confirming. I've sent your daughter a response and she's been back in touch so hopefully we can get this all sorted out.

Kind regards

Jenny
    Customer Relations Manager
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Spark Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • Spark Energy: Jenny
      Verified User verified user
    • By Spark Energy: Jenny Verified User verified user 10th May 18, 1:00 PM
    • 137 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    Spark Energy: Jenny
    Hi Andy

Thanks for coming back to confirm. Really glad I'm able to help.

Kind regards

Jenny
    Customer Relations Manager
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Spark Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,110Posts Today

7,871Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin