Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 18th Jul 17, 8:29 PM
    • 3,610Posts
    • 32,947Thanks
    Knit Witch
    The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!
    • 18th Jul 17, 8:29 PM
    The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat! 18th Jul 17 at 8:29 PM
    As threads are going walkabout I thought I would start the next stage of this off - I will try and do the links later!
    Must use my stash up!
Page 523
    • VJsmum
    • By VJsmum 13th Jan 19, 1:58 PM
    • 5,431 Posts
    • 79,836 Thanks
    VJsmum
    Ooh gosh - seems this thread was on page 2!!

Everyone seems so busy... - we've been really busy over christmas and NY and then went to Tenerife for a week (I know, it's a hard life). The weather was fab - 22 degrees and sunny. 22 degrees is my old favourite temperature - it's now 25, but I wasn't complaining... Also lovely that it didn't get dark until 6.30.

back yesterday and spending the day today getting the house straight after the kids were in it for the week.. They don't seem to know how to wash any clothes (despite both being / having been at uni) or throw out food that is going off

Back at it tomorrow and raring to go to get my PhD finished. Deadline is September so i am now counting down....
    You're out with a friend in the capital, I'm a thousand leagues under the sea
    You're hovering worriedly over your eggs, And I'm pondering trees
    I'm wandering long, And I'm pondering trees
    For you and me
    Guy Garvey
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 15th Jan 19, 5:04 PM
    • 10,926 Posts
    • 120,174 Thanks
    LameWolf
    Three meet'n'greet visits done last week (that's where we invite the owners of new doggie clients over, with their dogs, so that we can meet, have a chat about the dogs' routine and needs, and generally ensure we're all happy for me to look after the dogs) and I've got three definite bookings out of it. Not bad going! So we'll be having 1) an elderly Bearded Collie and her Cockerpoo Puppy companion, 2) two snowballs Bichon Frise, and 3) a beautiful big black'n'tan crossbreed rescue dog staying with us at various times.
    LameWolf
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.
    • candygirl
    • By candygirl 15th Jan 19, 8:21 PM
    • 27,006 Posts
    • 113,222 Thanks
    candygirl
    Three meet'n'greet visits done last week (that's where we invite the owners of new doggie clients over, with their dogs, so that we can meet, have a chat about the dogs' routine and needs, and generally ensure we're all happy for me to look after the dogs) and I've got three definite bookings out of it. Not bad going! So we'll be having 1) an elderly Bearded Collie and her Cockerpoo Puppy companion, 2) two snowballs Bichon Frise, and 3) a beautiful big black'n'tan crossbreed rescue dog staying with us at various times.
    Originally posted by LameWolf
    Aww you'll love the Cockerpoo.My mate has one called Betsy, so cute
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004)
    • monnagran
    • By monnagran 15th Jan 19, 9:36 PM
    • 4,068 Posts
    • 54,788 Thanks
    monnagran
    It looks as though you are going to be busy LW. What is so lovely is the number of return visitors you have. It must be reassuring for the owners to know that they can enjoy their own time away without theworry that their dogs might be pining.

Nothing much happening around here except that the pile of filled boxes is growing and we still don't have a definite date for exchange of contracts. The solicitors don't seem to share our sense of urgency.
    I want to be in before the really bad weather starts.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
    • shanks77
    • By shanks77 18th Jan 19, 4:14 PM
    • 1,145 Posts
    • 10,914 Thanks
    shanks77
    So quiet on here. Things ticking away here not long over a tummy bug (good for the weight loss lol).
    Wow sounds like you will be up to your neck in puppies LW (where is the jealous smilie?). Have fun with them lucky girl xx
    Monna fingers crossed you get moved soon seems such a long time must be worse for you.
    Hope everyone is well. Working tonight so must get my arris in gear and get myself organised. Have a good day xx
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,029Posts Today

8,555Users online

Martin's Twitter