Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 18th Jul 17, 8:29 PM
    • 3,605Posts
    • 32,906Thanks
    Knit Witch
    The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!
    • 18th Jul 17, 8:29 PM
    The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat! 18th Jul 17 at 8:29 PM
    As threads are going walkabout I thought I would start the next stage of this off - I will try and do the links later!
    V3ry - 389.60
Page 512
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 10th Nov 18, 3:44 PM
    • 5,915 Posts
    • 64,334 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    I'm glad the rugby had a happy ending Lyn! I hope the concert goes well and that DD gets some voice back.

Better go and try to persuade the cat that he wants to come in before it gets dark....
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 10th Nov 18, 3:47 PM
    • 5,915 Posts
    • 64,334 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    Hi all,

I hope I am in the right place!

I have just started my DMP, first payment due in about a week or so, there's a small flicker at the end of the tunnel, or, that could be my eyesight going, I've started with PayPlan, they seem genuinely concerned and have a lot of time for you.

Anyone have any hints, tips or tricks?

TIA.
    Originally posted by caracbx
    Well done caracbx Such a relief when you start to get sorted.

The Debtfree Wannabe board might be a good place for you to start
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 11th Nov 18, 2:27 PM
    • 12,806 Posts
    • 177,022 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Concert was outstanding Ivyleaf but harrowing as there was a very carefully choreographed film set to The Armed Man which is an emotive piece anyway. All the wars you can remember, a few you' can't and even re-enactors for romans (Ermine Street Guard), Civil War (Sealed Knot) Boer War, Falklands, Afghanistan, Iraq the footage was actual and very violent but what a message it packed. It was hard viewing but something I feel the whole world should see compulsorily to bring home the continued futility of war...no glory in being dead in the mud no matter what the cause!
    Thumpers mum was right - if you can't find anything nice to say don't say anything at all!
    • silvasava
    • By silvasava 12th Nov 18, 9:52 AM
    • 3,960 Posts
    • 63,390 Thanks
    silvasava
    Morning All. Busy weekend for me. DS1 invited me as his Plus 1 to our Commodores lunch. She'd invited Commodores from all the other clubs round the harbour along with the RNLI, the harbour conservancy and the harbour master and partners. DS said he knew I'd chat to everone! Not sure if that was a compliment or not lol! Very nice afternoon though, relaxed and lovely to get other clubs input too. Came back home & got dinner on for DH & I then relaxed and watched Strictly
    Yesterday was attending a local memorial service after following the band (a friend of ours playing and also doing the last post) then to the club as they were hosting the RNLI selling their Christmas cards, calendars and diaries. One of the ladies had a birthday last week and had brought cake so would be rude not to wouldn't it? I'm a sucker for home made lemon drizzle! Back home to pick up DH and back to DS1 for dinner and CA film. Got home about 10ish!
    Mrs L - so with you on the absolute futility of wars. Shame the people who start them never have to fight them or deal with the aftermath. Remember Monna saying war never decides who's right only who's left
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
    • AnxiousHermit
    • By AnxiousHermit 15th Nov 18, 1:32 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    AnxiousHermit
    I can't work out how to subscribe to people's threads. Is it no longer possible? I can't see the option for it on people's posts but I might be missing something obvious.
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 15th Nov 18, 6:50 AM
    • 4,753 Posts
    • 55,231 Thanks
    Jazee
    I can't work out how to subscribe to people's threads. Is it no longer possible? I can't see the option for it on people's posts but I might be missing something obvious.
    Originally posted by AnxiousHermit

Click on thread tools near the top of the page and the options are there. Morning all hope you're all ok. Work for me today. Oh and I've discovered that jelly babies are actually quite nice.
    Spend less now, work less later.
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 15th Nov 18, 10:08 AM
    • 12,806 Posts
    • 177,022 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Liquorice Allsorts are nicer!!!

Lovely day out there today with some bright sunshine but nippy round the edges. Off to meet a friend for coffee at 11.30 and HWK is going to take me to try to find the nearest Aldi later today as I want some German Christmas food which we like better now than the English stuff. I already have Pfeffernusse (spicy biscuits), Mixed Lebekuchen (gingerbread type biscuits) and Lebekuchen Hertzen (chocolate covered hearts filled with apricot conserve) and DD1 has sourced me a goose breast which is now in her freezer. I want a stolen and some Nurenburger lebekuchen too and some cinnamon stars if I can find them, many goodies but I have all 10 of us at various times over the Christmas period and will have 4 ravenous grandsons to feed, not that I needed an excuse but it's good to have one!
    Thumpers mum was right - if you can't find anything nice to say don't say anything at all!
    • mardatha
    • By mardatha 15th Nov 18, 5:05 PM
    • 15,284 Posts
    • 148,518 Thanks
    mardatha
    Jazee if there's any colours of jellybabies that you don't like.... I could sort of find a good home for them..
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,424Posts Today

6,998Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Watching Theresa May... seriously would anyone in their right mind truly want her job right now!

• RT @thecheekypostie: @MartinSLewis Thanks to this, I have just skim read it. To those in Scotland - on page 548, Dounreay is mentioned by n?

• Today's twitter poll: The 585 page draft agreement of the withdrawal of the UK from the EU has been published. A? https://t.co/8YLkPyzqYM

• Follow Martin