Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 18th Jul 17, 8:29 PM
    • 3,549Posts
    • 32,588Thanks
    Knit Witch
    The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!
    • 18th Jul 17, 8:29 PM
    The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat! 18th Jul 17 at 8:29 PM
    As threads are going walkabout I thought I would start the next stage of this off - I will try and do the links later!
    V3ry - 389.60
Page 469
    • silvasava
    • By silvasava 8th Aug 18, 8:18 AM
    • 3,846 Posts
    • 61,864 Thanks
    silvasava
    Kittie - what Mrs L said. Wishing you love light and happiness in your new home and your new chapter in life.
    Thank you for all your help to us while you've been here and hope we'll see you sometime in the future when you are settled in your forever home.
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
    • moneyistooshorttomention
    • By moneyistooshorttomention 8th Aug 18, 8:24 AM
    • 16,359 Posts
    • 45,293 Thanks
    moneyistooshorttomention
    Fingers crossed that Kittie will come back at some point. Don't let the barstewards grind you down - whoever she/he/they were that had you banned.

If you do read this Kittie - then good luck with your new home.
    • carolbee
    • By carolbee 8th Aug 18, 8:26 AM
    • 1,020 Posts
    • 7,102 Thanks
    carolbee
    All the best Kittie, I love your posts and your beautiful way of writing, Be happy in your new home
    Carolbee
    • Softstuff
    • By Softstuff 8th Aug 18, 8:32 AM
    • 3,026 Posts
    • 34,974 Thanks
    Softstuff
    I could have sworn I typed a reply this morning, but now I'm back it isn't here.... Monna, it isn't just you.

Mardatha, are you sure the wrist is from the fall, and not from when the camel "accidentally" wandered into the freezer. I imagine a camel could put up a fair bit of resistance.

Enjoy your lovely new home Kittie xxx
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 8th Aug 18, 9:45 AM
    • 5,717 Posts
    • 62,068 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    Morning all

Sorry too weary (thanks to the beloved grandchildren) to post properly today, will be joining Mar on the sofa i reckon!

But thank goodness, it's cooler today which is wonderful so hoping i'll feel better tomorrow.
    • mardatha
    • By mardatha 8th Aug 18, 12:17 PM
    • 15,127 Posts
    • 146,370 Thanks
    mardatha
    That's right - keep casting up the rotten camel. That was AGES ago and I'm a different person now!
    Well ok it was at least a week ago. I'm much older and more mature now. Kinder. Softer. More in tune with my spiritual inner self. Really. Trust me.
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 8th Aug 18, 12:44 PM
    • 10,732 Posts
    • 118,037 Thanks
    LameWolf
    Kittie I would just like to send you a blessing that was first told to me by a Pagan friend:
    May all your dreams be carried upon the wings of Dragons.
    LameWolf
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 8th Aug 18, 3:33 PM
    • 5,717 Posts
    • 62,068 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    That's lovely, Lamewolf
    • Witless
    • By Witless 8th Aug 18, 4:57 PM
    • 665 Posts
    • 3,559 Thanks
    Witless
    More in tune with my spiritual inner self. Really. Trust me.
    Originally posted by mardatha
    More in touch with your inner camel?
    • nursemaggie
    • By nursemaggie 8th Aug 18, 5:08 PM
    • 2,354 Posts
    • 31,401 Thanks
    nursemaggie
    You've all been in the knife box this morning, lots of laughs. Not so sure I have any sharp retorts, although I feel better today I'm still not too good.

I'll join ivyleaf and mar on the couch.
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 8th Aug 18, 5:36 PM
    • 5,717 Posts
    • 62,068 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    Sorry to hear you're still feeling rough, nursemaggie. i hope tomorrow will be better.

I feel a little better than I did this morning and am wondering if perhaps my blood pressure was a bit low. I took my tablet as usual because it wasn't so hot this morning, but didn't take one yesterday or the day before after reading that hot weather makes it lower.
    • shanks77
    • By shanks77 8th Aug 18, 6:51 PM
    • 1,121 Posts
    • 10,631 Thanks
    shanks77
    All the best Kittie see you on the dark side xx
    • nursemaggie
    • By nursemaggie 8th Aug 18, 7:06 PM
    • 2,354 Posts
    • 31,401 Thanks
    nursemaggie
    Mines probably because I went out for about 5 or 6 hours all at once. I did not stop for a break. It happens every time I do that.

When I went out with DD and GDS last week we had a long sit having a picnic on the keys. Week after next when I have had two hospital appointments in one week I will look at going back to the Lowry, will also have a look at M & S outlet and find out what there is at the BBC for GDS.
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 8th Aug 18, 7:22 PM
    • 5,717 Posts
    • 62,068 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    nursemaggie We had the grandchildren for 7 hours yesterday in the heat (though were with their auntie for some of the time. When their dad got home he said we both looked exhausted, and i certainly felt it and was having a job to get moving. I hoped I'd be okay this morning but evidently needed a bit longer will have an early night tonight.
    • ginnyknit
    • By ginnyknit 8th Aug 18, 10:15 PM
    • 3,579 Posts
    • 42,282 Thanks
    ginnyknit
    Glad I came on to see Kitties post. Thank you for all the wisdom you have given me and every good wish for your new home.

Csarina hope the news about hubby is better now and his meds are working.

Mrs LW sounds like you are nearly ready to move, sending love and light for your new home.

My caravan plans are moving , if a little slowly but feeling positive. Somehow the last few weeks I have become very efficient and my juggling of all the balls in my life is improving too. It must be my age 59 how did that happen, one minute Im 25 then suddenly I am old!

Im busy sewing donated squares up for Operation Orphan. The delivery man keeps arriving red faced and sweating bearing huge parcels of squares from all over the UK. I find it very rewarding knowing that all these people spend their time knitting squares to comfort children all around the world. I have set myself the challenge of finishing 10 blankets this year and im On my 5th.

Dgs and hubby are snoozing away happily upstairs after a lovely evening. It was swimming lesson night and the new teacher is working on his stamina so he did 10 lengths He has every distance award available for a child so have a feeling his next one will be an adult badge.

Right must go and try and remember what I had to do before bed.
    Running on optimism
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z#3 camp fire coffee drinker
    Mantra for 2015 - Leave that purse shut.

• Softstuff
    • By Softstuff 8th Aug 18, 11:02 PM
    • 3,026 Posts
    • 34,974 Thanks
    Softstuff
    Witless, I just snorted coffee out of my nose at that one Mardatha, I'm sorry to have mentioned the.... er... event. I was just concerned that you had not told the doctor the entire story, after all, I see referrals from emergency where the patient hasn't told the entire truth and it affects their treatment. One example would be a chap who was apparently vacuuming naked... you can guess the rest

Nursemaggie and Ivyleaf, I don't know how you find the energy to look after grandkids at all. We "babysat" our friends kids a few times, and when we sent them home, we both sat in stunned silence on the sofa for a while!

My weight training has taken me in unexpected directions. I'm not about to audition as mr universe, but I find myself talking to men who look like Arnie in their prime about protein and supplements or working out in a room full of them, them with the big weights me with the itty bitty ones I'll have 3 goals meanwhile, 1 is to not look like I can take off with my bingo wings, 2 is to actually have what looks like a bum (even if it's muscle) and 3 is to be more upright posture wise. It seems to be working, even if it is a lot of effort, and a few protein bars... where's the vomity smiley when I need it....

Hairdressers today. New hairdresser, new direction, feeling bold. Wish me luck
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
    • nannywindow
    • By nannywindow 8th Aug 18, 11:24 PM
    • 842 Posts
    • 11,458 Thanks
    nannywindow
    Sorry I have only just been able to get on here as my DGD is sleeping over tonight and I wanted to say thank you from the bottom of my heart to Kittie who, through her posts has helped me enormously over the last few years. I am sorry to see her go but I wish her all the best for the future.
    Goodnight all
    nan xx
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
    • Hard Up Hester
    • By Hard Up Hester 9th Aug 18, 7:54 AM
    • 3,839 Posts
    • 48,957 Thanks
    Hard Up Hester
    Morning everyone, glad to see kittie is able to post, good luck in the future.
    Hoping your move goes well Mrs LW, I once moved four time in a twelvemonth, it was hell!
    Now we move every few days but we take our home with us.
    Mar do camel's taste like jelly babies?
    The plan for today is to move to Wilcot, we may change our plans if it rains, I'm keen to get to Crofton, there is cake at Crofton!!
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 9th Aug 18, 8:16 AM
    • 12,482 Posts
    • 173,417 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Two weeks and six days and counting down...exciting isn't it?

We've been packing for what seems like eons and we've sorted all the boxes (at He Who Knows behest) into neat little (well maybe not little) piles in strategic points about the property as he thinks the removals men will load pile by pile...I don't so we'll see what happens on R day! It's so much cooler today and we have misty drizzle outside so he's gone off to walk the Cookster and have a nice damp time.

Thank you for all your good wishes for the move, it's been such a long time that I've wanted to be closer to the girls and those pickles it doesn't seen real that it's happening at last and I'm so looking forward to a new beginning and a new life. Not one single regret at leaving here but there may be when we've done it, we'll have to see.
    Thumpers mum was right - if you can't find anything nice to say don't say anything at all!
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 9th Aug 18, 8:54 AM
    • 5,717 Posts
    • 62,068 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    Lyn I can't believe that after all this time it's happening so soon Wishing you all the best for the move. You and Cookie will miss each other, I expect.

Softstuff To be honest, we only manage with the grandchildren because they are old enough to be a bit independent. DGD is happy to make us coffee, and very nice it is too! DGS needs a bit more help as he has dyspraxia and still rips a slice of bread to bits when he tries to spread the butter on it. But we took them to a cafe when we had them this week. I don't think we'd cope if they were still little. But it seems these days that everywhere we go, we see exhausted-looking grandparents coping with babies and toddlers. We just couldn't do that now.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,474Posts Today

8,517Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin