Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 18th Jul 17, 8:29 PM
    • 3,521Posts
    • 32,234Thanks
    Knit Witch
    The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!
    • 18th Jul 17, 8:29 PM
    The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat! 18th Jul 17 at 8:29 PM
    As threads are going walkabout I thought I would start the next stage of this off - I will try and do the links later!
    V3ry - 389.60
Page 411
    • Floss
    • By Floss 12th Jul 18, 11:01 AM
    • 4,743 Posts
    • 43,474 Thanks
    Floss
    Monna chin up & titus out - and healing wishes for your DB xx
    • pollie67
    • By pollie67 12th Jul 18, 11:36 AM
    • 28 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    pollie67
    Another lurker here, delurking to send best wishes to Monna and family xx
    • Litha
    • By Litha 12th Jul 18, 11:39 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 188 Thanks
    Litha
    I just saw your post about your brother, Monna. Thinking of you all.
    Sending love to you, your brother and to your sister in law and the rest of the family.
    Linda x
    You never know how strong you are, until being strong is the only choice you have
    • pandamonium
    • By pandamonium 12th Jul 18, 11:47 AM
    • 151 Posts
    • 1,707 Thanks
    pandamonium
    Sending love and thinking of you and your family Monna.

Panda x
    • melodramaticme
    • By melodramaticme 12th Jul 18, 11:48 AM
    • 114 Posts
    • 921 Thanks
    melodramaticme
    Another lurker here, sending hugs and positive thoughts for Monna and family ((((hug))))

#196 1% at a time 2013
    1%= 45. 4500/4500... 100%/100%
    New goal 1% =62 Loan 6200/6200 100%/100%

Savings goal 30,000 1% = 300.
    • whiteguineapig
    • By whiteguineapig 12th Jul 18, 11:52 AM
    • 1,181 Posts
    • 6,123 Thanks
    whiteguineapig
    Sending love to Monna, hoping you get good news todayxxx
    • mardatha
    • By mardatha 12th Jul 18, 12:37 PM
    • 15,009 Posts
    • 144,187 Thanks
    mardatha
    I'm sorry to lower the tone and yes I know I always do... but for some mad reason my brain keeps seeing "delurking" as delousing and wondering why everybody has to de-louse before sending best wishes to monna.
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 12th Jul 18, 12:43 PM
    • 3,521 Posts
    • 32,234 Thanks
    Knit Witch
    I wonder if you could give vibes, thoughts candles or prayers please for my lovely brother. He had a heart attack today and is in hospital. They have put a stent in one side but apparently his heart is in a bad state although there have been no indications of this.

It has knocked me completely sideways because we have always been very close. My lovely sister-in-law is being very calm but they are about to celebrate their golden wedding and a more devoted couple I've never met.

I don't think I'm making much sense, sorry.
    Originally posted by monnagran
    Sending healing thoughts his way Monna
    V3ry - 389.60
    • Softstuff
    • By Softstuff 12th Jul 18, 12:43 PM
    • 2,975 Posts
    • 33,990 Thanks
    Softstuff
    I'm sorry to lower the tone and yes I know I always do... but for some mad reason my brain keeps seeing "delurking" as delousing and wondering why everybody has to de-louse before sending best wishes to monna.
    Originally posted by mardatha
    It's probably best we do delouse first. After all, an infestation is the last thing we need on this thread. Who knows how ratty a dragon with fleas can get. We send Monna love and the next thing she loses her eyebrows when the dragon gets huffy.

Had dinner this evening with an in-law we'd never met before, hubby's never seen her in his entire life. She hasn't been here in over 40 years. One of those "Christmas card" relatives. A beautiful fascinating lady I wish we could have spent more time with. Made me resolve to spend more time with the relatives that are beautiful and fascinating, while we still can.
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
    • Hard Up Hester
    • By Hard Up Hester 12th Jul 18, 12:58 PM
    • 3,768 Posts
    • 47,551 Thanks
    Hard Up Hester
    Constantly delousing here, DD1s newest is infested and very generously sharing his infestation with all of us. It's usually me lowering the tone Mar.
    Monna, prayer is powerful and you are compassionate, hence the dragons name.
    Chin up, Titus out.
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 12th Jul 18, 1:33 PM
    • 12,148 Posts
    • 168,473 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Dilly the Dragon (aka Joy) says she's so terribly sorry for the eyebrow incident, it only happens when she gets the hiccups and that happens when she laughs a lot and it was the delousing debacle that set her off! she says she's fit to 'flee' the scene for a while if it happens too often but she's a jolly little soul and can't help it when it does xxx.
    Thumpers mum was right - if you can't find anything nice to say don't say anything at all!
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 12th Jul 18, 2:34 PM
    • 2,721 Posts
    • 39,657 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Weather news flash - the sky is leaking here on the Isle of Wight cats confused
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!
    • ArthriticOldThing
    • By ArthriticOldThing 12th Jul 18, 3:10 PM
    • 526 Posts
    • 7,474 Thanks
    ArthriticOldThing
    I'm late reading the thread and hearing about your DB Monna but still sending love and healing wishes.
    Last edited by ArthriticOldThing; 12-07-2018 at 3:11 PM. Reason: spelling
    Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do, Do without.
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 12th Jul 18, 3:52 PM
    • 12,148 Posts
    • 168,473 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    My lounge looks very large and empty! the three piece suite went off to the BHF this morning and we currently have one poang armchair and footstool and one garden chair and tiny footstool along with the table and four chairs (and a pile of boxes in one corner), hopefully we'll get the other poang back from DD2 next week but she's hanging on to the footstool as it's in the baby's room. The move feels closer but the home feels less and less like home!
    Thumpers mum was right - if you can't find anything nice to say don't say anything at all!
    • Hollyharvey
    • By Hollyharvey 12th Jul 18, 4:01 PM
    • 1,519 Posts
    • 16,455 Thanks
    Hollyharvey
    Hi de-lurking to say that I am sorry to hear about your brother monna. I'm thinking of you and your family and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family xx
    • Tinydancer
    • By Tinydancer 12th Jul 18, 4:30 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 463 Thanks
    Tinydancer
    Mrs LW, how long before your move?
    Hope you don't have to wait too long before you can settle with all your homely stuff around you again.
    Islandmaid.....hope your leaky sky doesn't head further north, unless it is overnight. I am quite happy with our sunny days, been gorgeous here today, lots cooler but still sunny and dry.
    I am off to an escape room adventure this evening. Think Crystal Maze!!
    Hope there are people around to let us out if we can't solve it. The way my brain works lately, I'll be lucky if I can remember my name when I go in!!
    Hugs to you all.........
    • alfsmum
    • By alfsmum 12th Jul 18, 4:31 PM
    • 592 Posts
    • 5,778 Thanks
    alfsmum
    Monna sending gentle healing vibes to your dear brother and dsil. Take care of yourself too x
    • nursemaggie
    • By nursemaggie 12th Jul 18, 4:41 PM
    • 2,319 Posts
    • 30,768 Thanks
    nursemaggie
    Hope your brother is more comfortable today monna. Love to you all. Look after yourself and try not to worry.

I think I must be having my patience tested what with all the problems over the my smart meter, then this morning my alarm did not go off. I have been up between 4.30am and 6.30am for most of the last couple of weeks. did not wake until 9.30am and Podiatry appointment at 10.30am.

Digestive system playing up both ends so tablets taken for both and no time for breakfast, not that I felt like it. I got to the bus stop and a notice saying this bus stop is closed for a few days, please use the one before or after. I had missed one bus as I walk ed to the bus stop. Started walking to the next stop.

Another bus passed me its now nearly 10am and a good walk to my appointment after the bus. An obnoxious man at the bus stop rubbing it in I had missed two buses, then he started I'm in worse health than you boasting. We're opposite the park so I think, I'm not arguing with him I'll walk through the park.

As the crow flies it's not really far to where I was going but it is down as steep hill all the way. Of course the paths twist this way and that. I nearly got myself stuck behind a tree, a sudden drop. With care I managed it. Then the other side of the part a very complicated crossing to cross which suddenly runs out of crossing. I ought to have gone right across the road and crossed back again near the leisure Centre as that is also complicated. So I was late.

I had lots of tests on my feet, we discussed my problems and she said she may have to refer me via the Rheumatologist for me to have shoes. If we go that way it could be months.

Well I shall have to wait wont I. Another complicated crossing to Ald! that is practically next door to the clinic. Why is there no crossing here on the busiest road in Bolton. apparently I'm supposed to go over three not one road. No wonder there is a big crowd waiting to cross over the other road.

After Ald! I go to the opticians to make an appointment and to two charity shops. Got nice trousers at both one navy blue cotton with little white triangles and another pair of Zara ones man made fibre to look like linen. Lucky to get two. They both fit well.

I decided to teat myself to lunch. I now find out why that cafe is so busy, partly it's because they have a large area outside for the smokers but mainly because you can get two meals for 12 including a pot of tea, coffee or coke included.

Seeing the optician at 12. 30 tomorrow so will go to bed early tonight and try to get to coffee morning tomorrow before I go.

I had a jacket potato, oven cooked and not in a microwave. It had a huge pile of prawns and a salad with. it They also sell nice ice cream. It was as well I was too full to eat an ice cream as the jacket potato was very filling and not on my diet. I had also been through the market and bought three marinated chicken breasts for 2, for my dinner. I think I will have to have something lighter.
    Last edited by nursemaggie; 12-07-2018 at 4:45 PM. Reason: to add a bit.
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 12th Jul 18, 5:02 PM
    • 5,622 Posts
    • 60,732 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    Goodness nursemaggie, I should think you'll need an early night after all that lot

Tinydancer I think you're brave, I wouldn't fancy the idea of an escape room at all!

Lainey and Hollyharvey How nice to see you over here i don't think monnagran realises how much she is loved and thought of by people on the OS board.
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 12th Jul 18, 5:09 PM
    • 12,148 Posts
    • 168,473 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    We don't have a set date yet Tinydancer but our purchaser has set mid September as the latest for her and the people we're buying from are waiting for a new build to be 'finished' and then we'll have some idea. We just thought we'd get organised and shed surpluses but the house looks very sparse, no matter, worth it in the long run.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

248Posts Today

2,877Users online

Martin's Twitter