Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 18th Jul 17, 8:29 PM
    • 3,577Posts
    • 32,736Thanks
    Knit Witch
    The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!
    • 18th Jul 17, 8:29 PM
    The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat! 18th Jul 17 at 8:29 PM
    As threads are going walkabout I thought I would start the next stage of this off - I will try and do the links later!
    V3ry - 389.60
Page 410
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 12th Jul 18, 6:11 AM
    • 12,599 Posts
    • 174,678 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    I so hope that things are brighter for you all this morning and that your dearest brother is through the night and improving today. Bless you all and give you strength and hope xxx.
    Thumpers mum was right - if you can't find anything nice to say don't say anything at all!
    • camelot1001
    • By camelot1001 12th Jul 18, 6:42 AM
    • 4,022 Posts
    • 49,139 Thanks
    camelot1001
    So sorry to hear this monna. Much love and many hugs to you all. XX
    • THIRZAH
    • By THIRZAH 12th Jul 18, 7:14 AM
    • 1,389 Posts
    • 7,119 Thanks
    THIRZAH
    So sorry to hear about your brother, Monna. Hope things are better this morning xx
    • mardatha
    • By mardatha 12th Jul 18, 7:27 AM
    • 15,204 Posts
    • 147,363 Thanks
    mardatha
    Love Light & Strength to you and yours monna - the RV has had 3 heart attacks and is back to full rattyness now, he's full of stents xxx
    • Emptynester
    • By Emptynester 12th Jul 18, 7:51 AM
    • 108 Posts
    • 1,539 Thanks
    Emptynester
    Loving thoughts for your brother, yourself and your sister-in-law. xxx
    • monnagran
    • By monnagran 12th Jul 18, 8:07 AM
    • 3,969 Posts
    • 53,780 Thanks
    monnagran
    Oh, you lovely, lovely friends. What would I do without you?

It's been a funny old night. Suddenly I have been transported back to our childhood and reliving those early years, right back to when I refused to go back home after he was born because I wasn't supposed to be getting a brother called Peter, it was supposed to be a sister called Ruth. I was a very determined 6 yearold. 9 weeks passed before I consented to go back and then it took me a couple of hours before I would ungracioulsy look into the pram. And fell in love.
    Mum always said that I was more of a mother to Peter than she was, and it's true that all through our lives if ever he has been in trouble or worried, and boy, was he a worrier, I have been the first person he has turned to.

Anyway, that was then and this is now. I'm sure that he will pull through though he may have to give up his adventure holidays. No more walking the Great Wall of China or trekking through Mongolia. They have only just got back from Ukraine.

I won't bother my dear SisIL until the day is aired. I know she will ring me if there is any news and DS2 and DIL are ready to get me up there at a moment's notice. Between you lot and my family I am truly blessed.

Hope all is well with you all. Good news on the house front Lyn. Thanks for the offer of help Islandmaid, I will certainly bear that in mind. Hard, luck, I have a memory like our recently consumed elephant. How are you feeling today, mar?

Speaking of elephants, a Dragon called Joy? Mmmmm! I don't think I'm a Dragon although there may be those who disagree and anyway I'm only a tiny bit Welsh.

Have a good day in spite of the football and the impending arrival of Mr. D. Trump.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Don't underestimate the healing power of these three things. Music. The ocean. Stars.
    Last edited by monnagran; 12-07-2018 at 8:45 AM.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
    • CRANKY40
    • By CRANKY40 12th Jul 18, 8:10 AM
    • 2,912 Posts
    • 31,566 Thanks
    CRANKY40
    Love to your family Monna and healing thoughts to your brother.
    Weight loss 2018 18.5 lbs
    • VJsmum
    • By VJsmum 12th Jul 18, 8:13 AM
    • 5,330 Posts
    • 78,482 Thanks
    VJsmum
    Thinking of you all, monna
    You're out with a friend in the capital, I'm a thousand leagues under the sea
    You're hovering worriedly over your eggs, And I'm pondering trees
    I'm wandering long, And I'm pondering trees
    For you and me
    Guy Garvey
    • Cocketts
    • By Cocketts 12th Jul 18, 8:15 AM
    • 89 Posts
    • 1,102 Thanks
    Cocketts
    Monna - sending love to you, your brother and his wife.
    Lilli x
    • silver-oldie
    • By silver-oldie 12th Jul 18, 8:21 AM
    • 522 Posts
    • 7,418 Thanks
    silver-oldie
    Thinking of you Monna.
    Sending love to you, your brother and to your sister in law x
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
    • fuddle
    • By fuddle 12th Jul 18, 8:31 AM
    • 6,541 Posts
    • 100,372 Thanks
    fuddle
    Monna, Monna, Monna I'm so sorry worry has found it's way to your door. Loving wishes from all of us here. The girls are sad you're sad. The positives are that your dear brother had medical attention and what needed to be done has been done. He'll be well looked after, educated and supported to rehabilitate safely so much so he'll soon be nagging you on heart health!

You look after you OK. This will have been a shock at an already stressful time. Keep checking in with us please will you, even it's just to say hello. Panic will spread across this thread as quick sharpish in your absence. Love to you dear lady.
    Be like a tree.
    Stay grounded. Connect with your roots. Turn over a new leaf.
    Bend before you break. Enjoy your natural beauty. Keep growing.
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 12th Jul 18, 8:33 AM
    • 12,599 Posts
    • 174,678 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    MONNA all our wings are working overtime today to keep the three of you airborne, including Dilly the Dragon who loves Aunty Monna very much indeed!
    Thumpers mum was right - if you can't find anything nice to say don't say anything at all!
    • silvasava
    • By silvasava 12th Jul 18, 8:37 AM
    • 3,895 Posts
    • 62,547 Thanks
    silvasava
    Oh Monna - just read about your brother. Sending all the healing vibes and love for you, him and SiL
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
    • MMF007
    • By MMF007 12th Jul 18, 8:42 AM
    • 1,328 Posts
    • 29,554 Thanks
    MMF007
    Oh, Monna, what a shock for everyone. I shall be thinking of you, your DB and DSiL, wishing you all get improving news. ((((((0))))))
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance.
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 12th Jul 18, 8:45 AM
    • 5,831 Posts
    • 63,374 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    Oh Monna darling, so very sorry to hear your news. Praying for healing for your beloved brother, and strength and comfort for you and your sister-in-law. I hope you hear better news today. xxxxxx
    • LaineyT
    • By LaineyT 12th Jul 18, 8:46 AM
    • 2,397 Posts
    • 29,913 Thanks
    LaineyT
    Am usually a bit of a lurker on the Fence thread but just wanted to send my love to Monna and her family, will be sending positive vibes for you all.
    • Elona
    • By Elona 12th Jul 18, 9:02 AM
    • 346 Posts
    • 3,535 Thanks
    Elona
    Monna

I just read about your brother and wanted to send best wishes, positive vibes and crossed fingers for successful treatment and recovery to him and you all.
    • Tinydancer
    • By Tinydancer 12th Jul 18, 9:08 AM
    • 38 Posts
    • 670 Thanks
    Tinydancer
    Just read your upsetting news Monna. Sending love and hugs to you and all your family and wishing a speedy recovery for your DB.
    • csarina2
    • By csarina2 12th Jul 18, 9:44 AM
    • 2,240 Posts
    • 22,861 Thanks
    csarina2
    Mona, thoughts and prayers are with you and your family just now. Have an extra large ((((((((((hug))))))))).
    • juliettet
    • By juliettet 12th Jul 18, 10:57 AM
    • 642 Posts
    • 4,107 Thanks
    juliettet
    Echo all the love Monna. x
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,160Posts Today

7,751Users online

Martin's Twitter