Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 18th Jul 17, 8:29 PM
    • 3,577Posts
    • 32,734Thanks
    Knit Witch
    The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!
    • 18th Jul 17, 8:29 PM
    The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat! 18th Jul 17 at 8:29 PM
    As threads are going walkabout I thought I would start the next stage of this off - I will try and do the links later!
    V3ry - 389.60
Page 397
    • mardatha
    • By mardatha 4th Jul 18, 4:44 PM
    • 15,200 Posts
    • 147,337 Thanks
    mardatha
    Got a letter today for something called a Bone Trauma Clinic. What's that got to do with a torn rotator cuff, or have they found something else on the Xray that they haven't bothered to mention to me?
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 4th Jul 18, 4:48 PM
    • 12,587 Posts
    • 174,533 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    MAR I've just looked up rotator cuff tears and got some pictures on google search and a rotator cuff is a group of muscles and ligaments that hold the shoulder joint steady, the pictures showed some tears where the muscle is detached from the bone and it looks like that might need support to heal so perhaps it's an assessment to see if you need to keep it in a sling or the like to make sure it heals in the right position?
    Thumpers mum was right - if you can't find anything nice to say don't say anything at all!
    • mardatha
    • By mardatha 4th Jul 18, 4:50 PM
    • 15,200 Posts
    • 147,337 Thanks
    mardatha
    Ok ta MrsL. Can't move the arm at all without bad pain so hope the clinic is a good one.
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 4th Jul 18, 4:53 PM
    • 12,587 Posts
    • 174,533 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Ouch, poor you. Hope the clinic can give you some pain relief that works and make you a bit more comfortable xxx.
    Thumpers mum was right - if you can't find anything nice to say don't say anything at all!
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 4th Jul 18, 5:21 PM
    • 5,824 Posts
    • 63,318 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    Poor old mar, hopefully they'll be able to start helping you feel more comfortable x Thinking of you.
    • mardatha
    • By mardatha 4th Jul 18, 6:11 PM
    • 15,200 Posts
    • 147,337 Thanks
    mardatha
    Will be fine Ivy xx just had never heard of a bone trauma clinic before and wondered what it was
    • nursemaggie
    • By nursemaggie 4th Jul 18, 6:41 PM
    • 2,396 Posts
    • 31,909 Thanks
    nursemaggie
    Mar it is the follow up clinic for bone trauma but it does include a few related things. I'm surprised you did not get that for a clinic the next day. They will have more time for you, they are usually necessary to sort out any swelling, pain relief and to begin long term treatment.

Hope everything goes well.
    • fuddle
    • By fuddle 4th Jul 18, 8:30 PM
    • 6,541 Posts
    • 100,365 Thanks
    fuddle
    Mar it sounds like you have been referred to good hands. I dare say they will know the sort of injury you've had like the back of their hands.

All in a good days work softstiff

The solicitor will get to the bottom of it and will be insisting that everything be right and proper but it's a bit of a spanner right now Lyn. I know myself those forms are very black and white.

Well friends the tenderness has improved and I have to say that the antispasmodic released something umpteen times. *parp. I think there was grounds for divorce last night. how can someone so healthy in their eating end up with poorly digestion?

My word. The football. Its been many years since I enjoyed football but enjoy it I did last night. We're in Scotland at the weekend so will be having fun watching the game in the pub on the site. It's only because we're known that we dare... anywhere else and I'd wear blue to merge in. however, I think it will be the Scotland shire folk having all the fun as they watch us squirm in defeat.

Allotment Tales:first courgette harvested. Cucumber self pollinating failing. Swede gone in. Greenhouse tidied. Pond topped up. 2nd frog sighted.
    Be like a tree.
    Stay grounded. Connect with your roots. Turn over a new leaf.
    Bend before you break. Enjoy your natural beauty. Keep growing.
    • Hard Up Hester
    • By Hard Up Hester 4th Jul 18, 8:37 PM
    • 3,871 Posts
    • 49,380 Thanks
    Hard Up Hester
    We have rain, I love the sound of it on the roof.
    Chin up, Titus out.
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 4th Jul 18, 8:58 PM
    • 12,587 Posts
    • 174,533 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Today I picked the first small bowl of perfectly ripe blackberries and in the greenhouse we have some almost ripe sungold tomatoes, I also picked the first colander of fine beans this morning so having been late in starting this season is beginning to give me things early!
    • Floss
    • By Floss 4th Jul 18, 9:08 PM
    • 4,901 Posts
    • 45,558 Thanks
    Floss
    HH please send it north!!
    • nursemaggie
    • By nursemaggie 4th Jul 18, 9:50 PM
    • 2,396 Posts
    • 31,909 Thanks
    nursemaggie
    Yes do Hester we're desperate for a good downpour to put out our firers on the moors. I don't mind if we get a good 48 hours of it.
    • Softstuff
    • By Softstuff 4th Jul 18, 10:34 PM
    • 3,045 Posts
    • 35,256 Thanks
    Softstuff
    It again seems unusual to me looking at the moor fires there, given that it's usually us over here battling bush fires. It seems that the UK, with the heat and fires is becoming more like Aus.

Fuddle, whatever you do, don't try kombucha! It's hugely popular here right now, I don't know how popular it is in the UK yet. It's a fermented drink, full of good gut bacteria.... but it has some parpy side effects, especially if you're prone to that I hope your courgette has many friends waiting to be harvest, we still haven't gotten over the 1 courgette harvest of a couple of years back, the most cosseted courgette in history.

Mardatha, I suppose the more appropriate name of that clinic would be "Bone and things attaching to bone trauma clinic". I've entirely missed somewhere along the line how you did it.... were you giving the RV a spanking a la Hester? were you threshing down a field of kale in anger? were you tackling a child for their jelly babies?
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
    • wondercollie
    • By wondercollie 4th Jul 18, 10:48 PM
    • 1,216 Posts
    • 9,143 Thanks
    wondercollie
    MAR: hope the shoulder heals and you get good pain relief. I had a "frozen shoulder" for a year and yes, I have a minor rotator tear.

It was horrible, couldn't raise my arm to shoulder height.

Physio helped, but sleeping was a nightmare.
    • monnagran
    • By monnagran 5th Jul 18, 7:51 AM
    • 3,967 Posts
    • 53,749 Thanks
    monnagran
    Sorry to be AWOL for a bit. What with the heat, the excitement and not sleeping I was beyond exhaustion yesterday after Lunch Club. But I nobly sat down and wrote a long post which is now floating around the heavens somewhere. So I gave up and went to bed.

Thank you all for sharing in my excitement. Apparently my buyer has two people after her house but my EA has told her that my house will stay on the market until legal negotiations have started, so she has promised to get things going ASAP.

Lyn, I hope that your problems are sorted soon. These tick box forms are a nightmare.

I have only skimmed through the thread and my mind has closed down. I do remember that mar is going to the bone clinic and that softstuff is right on the nail as to the possible actions that could have caused a torn rotator cuff.
    Oh, and that fuds is in Scotland and not daring to wave her St George Flag while watching the football.

I may be back later, I have to walk up to the main village this morning to have my hair cut. It is a bit cooler atm, I hope it stays that way.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Just when the caterpillar thought that her life was over, she began to fly.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 5th Jul 18, 9:23 AM
    • 5,824 Posts
    • 63,318 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    Mr ivyleaf rolled off the edge of the bed again yesterday morning. This time he bumped the other side of his face (no bruise, thankfully) and has a matching carpet burn on the other knee. At least he's symmetrical.....I pointed out that while he's not using his duvet he's placed it rolled-up down the middle of the bed, which of course means he's lying in a narrower-than-usual space (as well as it getting in my way and making me even hotter). So he has taken it off the bed altogether for now, and I'm hoping he'll stay put on top of the mattress as he starts to wake up.
    Otherwise he'll have to have a guard rail, which I hate the idea of, as our frail 91-year-old neighbour has one of those. He (OH, not neighbour!) has actually suggested getting one, as it would obviously be much cheaper than buying a new mattress with a firm edge (we currently have a "Premier Inn" mattress.) but he's only 65, though is sometimes a restless sleeper who turns over as he's "surfacing" to try to get more comfortable

fuddle I have so much sympathy for you, having been awake most of the night very uncomfortable with similar problems to you. I've taken 2 peppermint oil capsules this morning; I don't like to take them at night as they give me heartburn if i'm lying down. My abdomen looks huge atm it must be to do with last night's meal, which was cheese-and-bacon crispbakes, broccoli and carrots. I suspect the cheese and the broccoli.

Softstuff thank you for the warning about kombucha, as it's something I might well have tried. I'm sure I've come across it here. The side effects you mention mean it's best avoided by anyone with a digestive system like mine

It's cloudy this morning for a change! According to the weather forecast I use, it was meant to have rained a little bit during the night, but I don't think it did. Not sure what we're doing today; I must do some of my laundry though, as I seem to be running out of tops and bras.
    Last edited by ivyleaf; 05-07-2018 at 9:26 AM.
    • beedeedee
    • By beedeedee 5th Jul 18, 10:52 AM
    • 953 Posts
    • 1,271 Thanks
    beedeedee
    Will be fine Ivy xx just had never heard of a bone trauma clinic before and wondered what it was
    Originally posted by mardatha
    I don't know about Bone Trauma....but I once worked next to a "Bone Bank"! I never knew there were such things.....??
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 5th Jul 18, 1:11 PM
    • 5,824 Posts
    • 63,318 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    I've never heard of a Bone Bank either! Googling shows me they are used to store tissue for bone grafts.Thanks for your post beedeedee
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 5th Jul 18, 1:32 PM
    • 4,058 Posts
    • 55,530 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    I've never heard of a Bone Bank either! Googling shows me they are used to store tissue for bone grafts.Thanks for your post beedeedee
    Originally posted by ivyleaf
    I have some bones from the bone bank in my replacement hip
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 5th Jul 18, 2:20 PM
    • 12,587 Posts
    • 174,533 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    IVYLEAF when your OH isn't using his quilt fold it in halves lengthwise and put it on the floor next to his side of the bed and it will cushion his fall if he should roll out of bed in the night and hopefully enough to prevent carpet burns and bruising?

Our local M&S branch was closed at the end of April and they are in difficulties financially and I can tell them why people are leaving in droves.....I went into an M&S today to look for some parmesan cheese for supper and almost passed out at the price 6 for a normal sized wedge that I can buy in Aldi for 2.59 and in my local Co-Op in the village for 3.19 which is what I have just done. It's all Parmigiano Regiano and it only goes on top of pasta etc. but 6 for the product I can get (just as good quality too) for less than half that is just plain stupid. I mean, why would you?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,353Posts Today

7,153Users online

Martin's Twitter