Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 18th Jul 17, 8:29 PM
    • 3,429Posts
    • 31,294Thanks
    Knit Witch
    The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!
    • 18th Jul 17, 8:29 PM
    The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat! 18th Jul 17 at 8:29 PM
    As threads are going walkabout I thought I would start the next stage of this off - I will try and do the links later!
    V3ry - 389.60
Page 231
    • nursemaggie
    • By nursemaggie 6th Mar 18, 1:30 PM
    • 2,179 Posts
    • 28,757 Thanks
    nursemaggie
    I have Henrietta she is pink.
    • VJsmum
    • By VJsmum 6th Mar 18, 1:35 PM
    • 5,139 Posts
    • 75,614 Thanks
    VJsmum
    Hugs, Fuds - hope they get to the bottom of it. i have beta blockers to take in case of an anxiety attack - they do not like me at all and consequently it has to be a really bad attack for me to take them. i think they are there now as a 'security' type placebo - i haven't had to take one for some time, even with everything that was going on with dad.

Good luck with househunting NM and Mrs LW.

I am busy busy, as ever. The study is nearly finished now and we have got to the 'pictures' part of the lounge. i hung curtains today - but they are a couple of inches too long - i think i am going to cut the eyelets off and put a header tape on there, it will solve the length issue more easily than taking them up at the bottom. If i get that done this year, they'll be lucky....
    You're out with a friend in the capital, I'm a thousand leagues under the sea
    You're hovering worriedly over your eggs, And I'm pondering trees
    I'm wandering long, And I'm pondering trees
    For you and me
    Guy Garvey
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 6th Mar 18, 1:42 PM
    • 2,557 Posts
    • 37,703 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Fuddle ((Hugs)) x
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!
    • nannywindow
    • By nannywindow 6th Mar 18, 1:48 PM
    • 738 Posts
    • 9,909 Thanks
    nannywindow
    Sorry for being late posting a reply but my DH's health took a dive yesterday, I think he's coming down off his injections, the next is not due till next week. However he was a little better this morning and managed to drive me to the supermarket to get some supplies. First time we are able to get out due to the amount of snow . He's now dozing in the recliner and that's where he will stay, if I have any say about it. He's as stubborn as a mule ! ( another RV ).
    Monna you have nothing to be sorry about. It's me, not you, as the saying goes . After 60+ years I should have known better than to try to make scones. My late Mum could make them and pastry with her eyes shut, I have not followed in her footsteps I'm afraid . I'm pretty good at cakes so I shall stick to those, but thank you all for your time and tips.
    Fuddle sending healing vibes and many gentle hugs.
    Karcher I'm glad that you're Ok and posting.
    Hugs to anyone who needs them.
    nan xx
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
    • Hard Up Hester
    • By Hard Up Hester 6th Mar 18, 2:03 PM
    • 3,636 Posts
    • 45,318 Thanks
    Hard Up Hester
    Huge hugs to Fuddle.
    I'm another be with a Bixty resting face. As one of my dgd's told me once,' you always look grumpy but you're not, our other nana smiles a lot but doesn't mean it.'
    Chin up, Titus out.
    • pollyanna 26
    • By pollyanna 26 6th Mar 18, 2:15 PM
    • 2,126 Posts
    • 19,519 Thanks
    pollyanna 26
    I'm taking a little tea break . Henry and I have been for a little wander chatting as we go . Well I talk and he listens with an understanding smile on his little blue face .

I used to have Charles but he became far too heavy to lug around as he was a wet and dry . Henry lives on the landing and does the bedrooms bathroom and landing .

He wont reach from the bottom to top of the stairs from the hall and is now too heavy to carry up so mainly I use my EMop for all the downstairs rooms as they and the hall are hard floors .

I have a shark with lift off pod for stairs , lift off has a tool for coving , edges , skirting tops of mirrors etc and is handy for curtains too .

VJsmum I did exactly that with a pair of very wide extra long curtains - lots of big windows here - from next . They were quite dear fully lined and meant to be machine washable . They puddled a bit on the floor but the first time I planned to wash them I checked online and many reviewers were claiming the rings had rusted or damaged their machines .
    Glad I had the excess length off tidied the top edge and put rufflette tape on . Job done . The only time I've bought ring tops . I 've always made my own soft furnishings but they were a very pale grey/ blue fabric which I'd tried and failed to find .

Mar I'm surprised poor Jim has his ears intact . His ears must be constantly burning

Back to the grindstone .

polly
    • monnagran
    • By monnagran 6th Mar 18, 2:24 PM
    • 3,678 Posts
    • 48,617 Thanks
    monnagran
    fuddle this is just a hiccup, not the end of the story. These are early days and you are like a toddler learning to walk. Every time you fall over you are afraid that you will never be able to walk with confidence. Things will sort themselves out eventually and you will be sorted out, promise.

My vacuum does not have a face, but if it did it would be leering sarcastically. It doesnt have a name either, although I have a pool of possible nomenclature to choose from as the occasion and mood demands.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 6th Mar 18, 3:10 PM
    • 11,670 Posts
    • 162,285 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Poor little FUDDLEY ONE, if you need to be there for safety love then it's the very best place as they will spot any changes no matter how small and deal with them. Sad for you that you've ended up in hospital again but on the other hand pleased that they are taking care of you. Just you concentrate on being calm and getting well again xxx.
    Thumpers mum was right - if you can't find anything nice to say don't say anything at all!
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 6th Mar 18, 4:05 PM
    • 5,419 Posts
    • 57,946 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    Oh fuds darling, I'm so sorry to hear your news. I hope they can get you sorted out asap. In the meantime, consider yourself hugged very very gently indeed.xx
    • fuddle
    • By fuddle 6th Mar 18, 4:10 PM
    • 6,296 Posts
    • 96,148 Thanks
    fuddle
    The main thing is I'm home.

I have antibiotics incase of chest infection even though my chest sounds clear and so is x-ray.
    I have steroids incase of an asthma attack.

But I've been taken off the beta blocker as it likely that it's stopping the receptors in my lungs or something like that. I'm now on a calcium channel blocker which is supposed to treat angina. For me it's a way of slowing my heart rate down but I'm not at all happy.

Thank goodness I see the cardiologist on Tuesday.

No scan to see if I have a blood clot 'as it's highly unlikely given the situation'.

So we're no further forward. Something is up and I just have to 'hope' that it is a reaction to the beta blockers. I'm weary and I'm scared folks.
    Please don't judge my story by the chapter that you walked in on.
    • pollyanna 26
    • By pollyanna 26 6th Mar 18, 4:43 PM
    • 2,126 Posts
    • 19,519 Thanks
    pollyanna 26
    Easier said than done fuds but try as much as you can to breathe slowly and try to keep the anxiety levels down .
    I wondered about the beta blocker but not trained medically it could be anything .
    At least you're back home . All the worry in the world wont help so try to settle for now and see what Tuesday brings .

Love and a very gentle hug
    polly xxxx
    • fuddle
    • By fuddle 6th Mar 18, 5:31 PM
    • 6,296 Posts
    • 96,148 Thanks
    fuddle
    Thank you Polly. I've been on the auld Google and it seems that these calcium blockers help with anxiety so at least that is something.

Thank you for being with me today fence folk. As you'll be aware I don't have too many people I can run to in real life so be sat alone ( DH was on kid school duty then I said he had to go to work) in the hospital knowing you're listening and supporting me, well it's lovely. Thank you.
    • mardatha
    • By mardatha 6th Mar 18, 5:36 PM
    • 14,814 Posts
    • 141,355 Thanks
    mardatha
    RV was on betablockers for a while after his heart attack and they were brilliant for him. He didn't stay on them for that long. I hope this stuff works Fuds x
    • meanmarie
    • By meanmarie 6th Mar 18, 5:59 PM
    • 4,986 Posts
    • 48,338 Thanks
    meanmarie
    Fuddle.....so sorry that you have been in hospital again, glad that you are home and that you are seeing your cardiologist soon.....hope that he/she can offer you some positive help. Try to relax as much as you can, it will help.

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
    • babs 103
    • By babs 103 6th Mar 18, 6:33 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 601 Thanks
    babs 103
    Just dropping in to wish Fuddle good wishes and everyone else who needs hugs. xx
    SPC #11 025
    • camelot1001
    • By camelot1001 6th Mar 18, 6:57 PM
    • 3,833 Posts
    • 46,022 Thanks
    camelot1001
    So sorry you're poorly again fuddle, hope you get lots of rest.

nm, there has to be give and take in any relationship, I think your DS will have to compromise somewhere. Good luck with the house hunting.
    • pollyanna 26
    • By pollyanna 26 6th Mar 18, 7:03 PM
    • 2,126 Posts
    • 19,519 Thanks
    pollyanna 26
    fuds I've just remembered you have a copy of Handmade Apothecary as I do . Lots of the stuff in there cleaning products , bone broths and many teas etc are fine . I'm aware the Cardiovascular System , Respiratory others are covered in detail .
    Not sure if you've made many of the remedies . With herbal teas etc some are fine but some people have intolerance to some ingredients .
    For example I have chronic bronchitis and dried yarrow in the cold and flu tea doesn't agree with me so I've altered the ingredients . The love heart tea also has yarrow so that's amended too .
    This may not apply in your case but I thought I'd mention it , certain foods don't agree with different people and herbs are the same .

Hope all is well babs , any progress with the declutter ?

I'm off to wash my hair if i don't get back on tonight . Sleep well all you especially fuds , nm , karcher and burtha if you read .

polly x
    • nursemaggie
    • By nursemaggie 6th Mar 18, 7:25 PM
    • 2,179 Posts
    • 28,757 Thanks
    nursemaggie
    Glad you have an appointment with the cardiologist soon. It sounds as if you are back to square 1 again. I think the doctors are foxed again. They will get there you just have to learn to be patient. There is one good thing most doctors hate to be beaten and if it is unusual they get fired up and determined to find the cause. Someone is probably reading everything they can find about your symptoms now.

Hang on in there no one here is a quitter and we will stay with you. I am not going under your bed though, they are dusty places and I am allergic to dust. I don't know if you still have a pantry under your bed I still do.

Hopefully, If I can persuade DS that a house he has been refusing to view is OK as I say it is and get him to say yes too it I think this could be the one. He has agreed to look on Friday if he is not too exhausted.

This week is a very busy week for them. Last week was hectic and if everywhere was stripped like most supermarkets they will all need a lot of stocking up. On top of that it is Mothers day on Sunday. He is on flowers this week. Thursday and Friday have estimate for the flower pick are 47,200 cases. That is boxes of a dozen or so bunches, both days just for the North West. Ald! don't exactly do the most flowers of the supermarkets.
    • fuddle
    • By fuddle 6th Mar 18, 8:01 PM
    • 6,296 Posts
    • 96,148 Thanks
    fuddle
    Fankooo NM. The best thing is there's no pneumonia. I've been on me knees and no pneumonia I'm coming to realise that I think I just need stability. Keep doing what I'm doing to help myself but also to find a way that the medics know about to stave off problems. I'm doing better this evening.

fuds I've just remembered you have a copy of Handmade Apothecary as I do . Lots of the stuff in there cleaning products , bone broths and many teas etc are fine . I'm aware the Cardiovascular System , Respiratory others are covered in detail .
    Not sure if you've made many of the remedies . With herbal teas etc some are fine but some people have intolerance to some ingredients .
    For example I have chronic bronchitis and dried yarrow in the cold and flu tea doesn't agree with me so I've altered the ingredients . The love heart tea also has yarrow so that's amended too .
    This may not apply in your case but I thought I'd mention it , certain foods don't agree with different people and herbs are the same .

polly x
    Originally posted by pollyanna 26
    Yey, I didn't realise you had it too. I'm hooked. Yeah I would like to try the love heart tea but I'm waiting a wee while for the reasons you mention. I've never had yarrow or hawthorn. It's in my nature to 'mess on' and excitably experiment but I'm getting older, wiser and more sensible.

You are all just wonderful!

Mary Poppins fuddle flounces out of the thread
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 6th Mar 18, 8:37 PM
    • 5,419 Posts
    • 57,946 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    Very pleased to hear you're home fuds
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,632Posts Today

7,564Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin