Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 18th Jul 17, 8:29 PM
    • 3,428Posts
    • 31,279Thanks
    Knit Witch
    The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!
    • 18th Jul 17, 8:29 PM
    The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat! 18th Jul 17 at 8:29 PM
    As threads are going walkabout I thought I would start the next stage of this off - I will try and do the links later!
    V3ry - 389.60
Page 230
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 5th Mar 18, 10:20 PM
    • 11,655 Posts
    • 162,175 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Firstly hugs to every one of you, not for any reason other than I can and I feel like most of you need them in quantity! I pray that your problems and worries are dealt with and behind you as quickly as it's possible to get them there.

We have found and had an offer accepted but the vendor is keeping the house on the market as we haven't sold yet which I understand and we are doing the same. There is so much that can go wrong it would be silly to rely on just one offer. I hope we will get this house but if we don't there will always be another one. I will just have to wait and see what the future holds and hold my nerve and be patient. I hope we get a sensible offer from someone who has accepted an offer on their own home but that is the best scenario and not always possible.
    Thumpers mum was right - if you can't find anything nice to say don't say anything at all!
    • pollyanna 26
    • By pollyanna 26 5th Mar 18, 10:29 PM
    • 2,126 Posts
    • 19,519 Thanks
    pollyanna 26
    That's a wise move NM . Maybe he'll understand now how exhausting and draining it can be just setting up appointments and keeping on top of things . it's unacceptable to start ranting when someone is on the phone . I just hope he will now follow through for both yours and his own sake .
    I'm hoping sleep will find you tonight you must be so tired .

love polly x
    • nursemaggie
    • By nursemaggie 5th Mar 18, 10:43 PM
    • 2,178 Posts
    • 28,728 Thanks
    nursemaggie
    Polly The last thing I would want to is move into another flat. They have been relatively quiet for the past week but started up again today it seems we are supposed to be happy with one weeks partial respite because it was just a normal level for an average noisy neighbour. Not real quiet. I hate flats. 99.9% of 1 bed flats are occupied by very noisy 24/7 music playing young people. They tend to be beyond my ability to pay.

I would move into sheltered housing because if I move somewhere on my own I may never actually have another human being speak to me again. I have no relatives or friends near by. I don't find it easy to make friends.

I have a mouth that turns down when it is relaxed and the only way to get anything like a smile is to be ecstatic. I can be walking along perfectly happy and someone will say to me.

"OH for God's sake stop walking around looking so miserable."

They have been doing it since childhood. When I try to smile it looks awful. More of a smirk.

sorry
    • pollyanna 26
    • By pollyanna 26 5th Mar 18, 11:30 PM
    • 2,126 Posts
    • 19,519 Thanks
    pollyanna 26
    I've just remembered I forgot to log out and shut the laptop down .

NM I wasn't suggesting you move into a flat but just make it look as if you might .

I know you've looked at houses on Plodder Lane . Have you had time on your visits to suss out the area . It's years since I last drove along there . It sounds as though a few good neighbours and a bit of community are needed . We don't have the original community we had here in the 70s but a number of good neighbours remain from those days . We know we can knock at each others doors day or night and help is there . Many of the younger families have time poor parents both working and rushing the children to school on the way .
    One or two like minded people could make a difference in your life . Whatever you say you are kind and caring and help many here . Your son has friends and his own life and you're quite isolated .
    If you can get a house I hope you can stop viewing yourself negatively and wear a smile . There are nice people out there I promise .

Night night

polly x
    • monnagran
    • By monnagran 6th Mar 18, 8:07 AM
    • 3,672 Posts
    • 48,573 Thanks
    monnagran
    nm, don't take it personally. Your DS is a young man and at that age most of them are pretty selfish. It is hard for them to realise that there are other people in the world who have equal rights. Some of them never grow out of it. I use to have a large notice pinned up in my kitchen.........MOTHERS ARE PEOPLE TOO. You have bent over backwards to take your DS's wishes into consideration, but enough is enough and I I think you have reached the end of your tether. We are all behind you.
    As for looking miserable, my mother had the same trouble. You couldn't have found a more gentle and humorous lady, but her appearance belied that. I think the Queen has a similar problem.

Lyn, you will have the house that's meant for you even you lose this one. Hopefully you won't, but it is a nerve racking time. One house that I lost and grieved over turned out to have had well hidden, terrible defects. I think the owners had to spend nearly the purchase price again on getting it put right.

A quiet day for me today. A little bit of tidying, just to salve my conscience and then knitting reading and generally slobbing about.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Fill your life with adventures, not things. Have stories to tell, not stuff to show.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
    • Elona
    • By Elona 6th Mar 18, 8:51 AM
    • 185 Posts
    • 2,048 Thanks
    Elona
    monna and nm

I have what my daughters lovingly call "resting b**ch face" unless I have a genuine big smile on my face.

DH and I missed out on a house about eight years ago which we thought was perfect as someone gazumped us. We found out less than a year later that the shared drive has caused numerous problems and rows and we were lucky not to have got it. Less than a year later we had found a buyer for our house and were driving to the other end of town when we saw an estate agent's sign being put up in the garden. It turned out to be a perfect house for the family and for DH to retire to.

Crossing fingers and toes for the house search.
    • Softstuff
    • By Softstuff 6th Mar 18, 9:06 AM
    • 2,861 Posts
    • 32,061 Thanks
    Softstuff
    I have to disagree about your face Nursemaggie, you looked perfectly amenable when I met you. Of course, you could just have been ecstatic to see me . I'm so hoping for an end to your home troubles soon xx

I have the problem that when I am listening intently, instead I look bored and disinterested. Caused me bother at school until teachers got to know me (and saw in exams and so forth that I had actually been listening intently). I learned as an adult to just make unnatural listening noises and nod more. The only person I don't have to fake that with is hubby... and I only just realised that. Facial and body language is bloody awkward. I also cross my arms, I'm not aggressive, I just have big boobs and sore shoulders

Still pooped here. Have begun a new diet and exercise regime to shift 15kg which hopefully in turn will help the sleep apnea (which I'm also treating by securing myself in side sleeping position). I'll likely have a tough 8 weeks, but I'm determined and think I'm on the right track. And I'm monitored too, by the demon strapped to my wrist which I dare not disobey. Right now though, if Mardatha was here with jelly babies, I would give even her a wrestling match she might not win.
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
    • monnagran
    • By monnagran 6th Mar 18, 9:59 AM
    • 3,672 Posts
    • 48,573 Thanks
    monnagran
    Softstuff, I had the opposite problem at school. I would look as though I was listening attentively when I was actually many, many miles away in a dreamworld of my own.
    This became distressingly apparent in homework, exams etc.
    I usually managed to do just enough to pass muster but not at all what I could have achieved if I'd really listened.

I am still good at dreaming!
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 6th Mar 18, 10:46 AM
    • 11,655 Posts
    • 162,175 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Feed back from the estate agent is that the allotmentier really loves the house and plot, is extremely interested and their own house IS on the market. I hope he brings Mrs Gardeners wife to visit and look round, I won't even mind doing that ourselves in the evening if she works full time but we'll see what, if anything, comes of it. Not counting chickens etc.
    Thumpers mum was right - if you can't find anything nice to say don't say anything at all!
    • fuddle
    • By fuddle 6th Mar 18, 11:52 AM
    • 6,292 Posts
    • 96,109 Thanks
    fuddle
    I'm afraid I have been in A&E since 7am and now in RAMAC. I awoke not being able to breathe and walking around I'm serverely breathless, I'm tacycardic even with the beta blocker. No infection, no pneumonia and a clear chest x-ray. My blood test indicates possible blood clot.

Positivity has gone. The camel's back has broken. l'll let you know more when I know something more.
    Please don't judge my story by the chapter that you walked in on.
    • pollyanna 26
    • By pollyanna 26 6th Mar 18, 12:16 PM
    • 2,126 Posts
    • 19,519 Thanks
    pollyanna 26
    Sending much love Fuds . Hoping all goes well , you'll be in my thoughts . Take care bonny lass .

polly xxxx
    • mardatha
    • By mardatha 6th Mar 18, 12:28 PM
    • 14,810 Posts
    • 141,286 Thanks
    mardatha
    If RAMAC is a hospital, then sit tight in there Fuds until they come up with a feasible cause of this xx we are all under yer bed armed and very dangerous!
    Polly I am deeply (and highly as well) hurt and nay, heartbroken at the amount of aspidistras cast upon my wee harmless innocent person.
    * NAE PROOF NAE PROOF NER NER NER*
    Duck. Hmmm. Roast with a soupcon of kale for decoration? Hmm...
    Off for a wee wander down to the burn. I may be some time.
    • silvasava
    • By silvasava 6th Mar 18, 12:28 PM
    • 3,685 Posts
    • 59,191 Thanks
    silvasava
    Sending positive vibes for you Fuds - just concentrate on YOU and breathe slowly as best you can xxxx
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
    • nursemaggie
    • By nursemaggie 6th Mar 18, 12:31 PM
    • 2,178 Posts
    • 28,728 Thanks
    nursemaggie
    Oh fuddle I hope they will get to the bottom of this. Hopefully they will keep you a few days and get all of the tests done that they can. I am sure they will find it soon. Something must trigger it. I wonder if you have an allergy.

My thoughts are with you and I will keep you in my prayers. I had better add the doctors to my prayers.
    • Elona
    • By Elona 6th Mar 18, 12:48 PM
    • 185 Posts
    • 2,048 Thanks
    Elona
    fuddle

Have you been booked an mri? I have had two episodes of blood clots in the last seven years and am now on an anti coagulant taken daily which means I don't have to worry about constant blood tests and INR levels.
    Consultant was going to test for Hughes syndrome but that meant taking me off the anticoagulant and it would have been too risky.

Fuddle

I know you must be so worried and worn out but this could end up being a good thing if they find out all possible problems and can fix or treat them. Crossing everything for you -fingers and toes.
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 6th Mar 18, 12:50 PM
    • 3,428 Posts
    • 31,279 Thanks
    Knit Witch
    I'm afraid I have been in A&E since 7am and now in RAMAC. I awoke not being able to breathe and walking around I'm serverely breathless, I'm tacycardic even with the beta blocker. No infection, no pneumonia and a clear chest x-ray. My blood test indicates possible blood clot.

Positivity has gone. The camel's back has broken. l'll let you know more when I know something more.
    Originally posted by fuddle
    Gentle, healing, hugs Fuddle
    V3ry - 389.60
    • pollyanna 26
    • By pollyanna 26 6th Mar 18, 12:59 PM
    • 2,126 Posts
    • 19,519 Thanks
    pollyanna 26
    Give me time mar . Like the mounties I always get my ( wo) man .

Meanwhile my peace lilies have flopped overnight as they do . I've just tracked down the baby bio and am about to administer first aid .

Then I'll counting the Lavender candle stash and lighting the one with fuds name on to send her some love and light .

Busy day ahead tomorrow and Friday so need to shift my bum a bit today and do some housework

Who decided to give a vacuum cleaner a face ? Little Henry who lives upstairs on the landing has been looking pleadingly in my direction for a week . Every time I pass it's " plug me in please "
    I'll plug him in and do upstairs .

It's like having a stroppy offspring in the house .

Back later
    polly
    • fuddle
    • By fuddle 6th Mar 18, 1:11 PM
    • 6,292 Posts
    • 96,109 Thanks
    fuddle
    Ramac is the day ward for semi urgent cases that aren't urgent enough for admission. I'm in a day ward on the ward that you're first admitted to when you do need a hospital stay.

I haven't seen a doctor yet. thank you for your support everyone. Xx
    Please don't judge my story by the chapter that you walked in on.
    • mardatha
    • By mardatha 6th Mar 18, 1:12 PM
    • 14,810 Posts
    • 141,286 Thanks
    mardatha
    I've got James, he has a wee cute face as well. And it's smiling, unlike the other James in this house
    • Elona
    • By Elona 6th Mar 18, 1:30 PM
    • 185 Posts
    • 2,048 Thanks
    Elona
    I have a Henry which I got using nectar points and in a sale. I also have a light cordless one but it only does light hoovering unlike Henry.

I really need to use Henry on my bedroom but have been spending the morning sorting out gas and electricity tariffs. I am hoping to switch to a deal that lasts till 2021 and should save me around 70 per annum. I have also been made a priority customer in case of power cuts which I feel a bit guilty about.

A huge pot of chicken soup is simmering on the stove with lots of veg and I will need to go out later to appease the wrist gadget.

I have started sneezing so have aromatherapy and essentials burning in the room.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

80Posts Today

2,001Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin