Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 18th Jul 17, 8:29 PM
    • 3,470Posts
    • 31,690Thanks
    Knit Witch
    The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!
    • 18th Jul 17, 8:29 PM
    The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat! 18th Jul 17 at 8:29 PM
    As threads are going walkabout I thought I would start the next stage of this off - I will try and do the links later!
    V3ry - £389.60
Page 202
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 13th Feb 18, 9:34 AM
    • 3,924 Posts
    • 54,330 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Fuddle

Just catching up I lurked on her about 3 years ago and remember you from then- a battler in the nicest way Look what you have achieved in that time, I have dropped by from time to time Well done lassie

As you will have so much support with you today you will be strong and like others have there are so many different treatments if needed that will allow you a good long life

Take care x

I look forward to see you posting soon with an update
    Retired
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 13th Feb 18, 9:39 AM
    • 5,507 Posts
    • 59,098 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    Big (((HUGS))) fuds, I'll be with you in spirit today and tomorrow. There's not a single one of us who doesn't wish they could be there in person. xx
    • MadamMim2013
    • By MadamMim2013 13th Feb 18, 10:02 AM
    • 534 Posts
    • 6,587 Thanks
    MadamMim2013
    Huge hugs being sent your way Fuds and positive thoughts too.. Knowledge is power, so question them about everything and tell them any worries you have too.

My best friend is today having her 5th major surgery because of her advanced vascular disease and heart issues, she's 39 and was always told she was too young for this to be so advanced.. Currenlty medicated up the rear, she's coping well and very determined to prove all wrong about her diagnosis and use of her legs etc..
    I for one am hoping to be the first in the door with balloons and cake on her 40th at the end of this month..

Sending hugs out to all that may need one.. Perhaps a jelly baby or two as well (if I've not bitten the heads off) it's a gloomy old day here weather wise so off to hide my head in a book..
    Living life happily! Debt Free date: 06/2018!!!
    Jan Feb Mar Apr May June GC £236.20/£300
    :
    • silvasava
    • By silvasava 13th Feb 18, 10:35 AM
    • 3,724 Posts
    • 59,791 Thanks
    silvasava
    Only just got my tablet charged up - you're probably in a waiting room Fuds - so bringing up the rear with the Garden Army to root for you today. Love & Hugs xx
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
    • juliettet
    • By juliettet 13th Feb 18, 10:38 AM
    • 613 Posts
    • 3,763 Thanks
    juliettet
    Thinking of you Fuddle. I have every faith you will cope with anything.x
    • fuddle
    • By fuddle 13th Feb 18, 12:35 PM
    • 6,351 Posts
    • 97,115 Thanks
    fuddle
    I should have known what day it was going to be when I tried to use my inhaler as roll on deodorant.

To cut a long story short that contains the word snow, I arrive at my appointment on time to have the date pointed out to me on my appointment letter 13th MARCH. Do you know how many times I've read that letter!? Not once did I take in the March bit. I am so very sorry to waste your lovely support. I am actually livid with myself. I don't know what on earth I think I'm doing at the moment but I don't like dropping the ball.

£6.50 bus fayre wasted. I'm mortifyingly embarrassed. I'm soggy and cold and I'm full of hell about the man who smoked in the bus shelter so I had to wait outside in the snow and also about mg neighbour who has shovelled all the snow from our path onto my garden and not a flake onto to his own!

I'm just full of hell fullstop. What a wally.
    • babs 103
    • By babs 103 13th Feb 18, 12:45 PM
    • 60 Posts
    • 608 Thanks
    babs 103
    Oh fuddle I'm so sorry about your day, it happened to me once so I kinda know how you feel. Marth 13th is my Birthday so I've got everything crossed that it's lucky for you too, I would offer you a virtual custard cream but I don't have any, so I shall send you a banana muffin as soon as they come out of the oven. xx Keep warm xx
    Quot Libros, Quam Breve Tempus

SPC #11 025
    • nannywindow
    • By nannywindow 13th Feb 18, 1:06 PM
    • 767 Posts
    • 10,334 Thanks
    nannywindow
    Oh dear Fuddle ! I've done that too many times to mention. Please don't beat yourself up about it, tomorrow is another day and all that. I'm sure the support and love given to you on here will not wane, ever. My hug bucket is overflowing and so today they are all yours, I will refill it as necessary.
    nan
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 13th Feb 18, 1:17 PM
    • 11,811 Posts
    • 164,034 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    All these things my pickle are sent to try us, it's just that some try harder than others!!! Poor FUDS, don't beat yourself up over it, it's just one of those things that happen when you're stressed and in a bad place girlie. Goodness knows the waiting until today must have been very hard to get through. Hang in there and go in March and see what they have to say. Needless to say you have all our love and support until, during and after the day of the appointment. Hugs and many of them love xxx.
    Thumpers mum was right - if you can't find anything nice to say don't say anything at all!
    • silvasava
    • By silvasava 13th Feb 18, 1:41 PM
    • 3,724 Posts
    • 59,791 Thanks
    silvasava
    Fuds - don't worry - all our love and support will still be there for the 13th. They say things come in three's so you've had yours for today - wrong day, inconsiderate man and neighbour.
    We've ALL done things like that because we have been stressed out. So just take your time now and B R E A T H E xxx
    Last edited by silvasava; 13-02-2018 at 1:43 PM.
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
    • JackieO
    • By JackieO 13th Feb 18, 1:59 PM
    • 15,974 Posts
    • 135,591 Thanks
    JackieO
    Oh fuds never mind honey you have shown you can do it and we will all be staring at the least next month to be there in spirit to egg you on. Now its feet up relax and a nice cuppa will make you feel human and warm again.

I am giving up biscuits and cake for Lent from tomorrow so I am making the most of today to help clear some of the stash
    How will I cope with my ginger nut bikkies with my cuppa I am going to be a grumpy old woman by April but hopefully a slightly thinner one

JackieO xxx
    Last edited by JackieO; 14-02-2018 at 8:47 AM.
    Quot Libros,Quam Breve Tempus. 2018
    Running total for four months food only shopping =£126.24.Freezer stuff slowly going down at last May totals £31.11 June spends so far £18.90, brought a few odds and ends home from my holiday and using those up first.
    • MMF007
    • By MMF007 13th Feb 18, 3:05 PM
    • 1,251 Posts
    • 28,107 Thanks
    MMF007
    Oh Fuddle, I stopped my housework early to log in and check how you were!
    Darn it. Drat the smoker, the neighbour, and the calendar.
    I have always thought it is confusing having the same dates on the same days of the week in Feb and March, there's nothing to alert us as happens when the day and date don't coincide.
    Perhaps we could start a petition to always have 29 days in Feb, with the extra day as a bank holiday, of course!

Hope you are sitting having a nice cup of tea with you feet up for a few mjnutes.

Right, I have just seen a special offer for 2 nights in a hotel in April that I think I shall book for DH's birthday. I like birthday presents for other people that I get a share of

Oh JackieO, I shall be doing without carbs for Lent, am back on my diet after putting on 9lbs during the very stressful events of Nov/Dec/Jan. To be honest I was relieved to find it wasn't more. I can lose that in a month and then get going on losing the rest!! No pancakes for me, the diet started again yester
    Last edited by MMF007; 13-02-2018 at 3:10 PM.
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance.
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 13th Feb 18, 3:19 PM
    • 5,507 Posts
    • 59,098 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    Oh fuds, what a pain I've done the same thing myself - not arriving a month early, but confidently turning up at a clinic for a 2.30 appointment only to be told that I was meant to have been there the previous day.
    Is the thoracic appointment definitely tomorrow, or is that for March as well?

MadamMim Sending best wishes to your friend for a speedy and uneventful recovery from her op x
    • Cocketts
    • By Cocketts 13th Feb 18, 3:34 PM
    • 49 Posts
    • 784 Thanks
    Cocketts
    Huge hugs being sent your way Fuds and positive thoughts too.. Knowledge is power, so question them about everything and tell them any worries you have too.

My best friend is today having her 5th major surgery because of her advanced vascular disease and heart issues, she's 39 and was always told she was too young for this to be so advanced.. Currenlty medicated up the rear, she's coping well and very determined to prove all wrong about her diagnosis and use of her legs etc..
    I for one am hoping to be the first in the door with balloons and cake on her 40th at the end of this month..

Sending hugs out to all that may need one.. Perhaps a jelly baby or two as well (if I've not bitten the heads off) it's a gloomy old day here weather wise so off to hide my head in a book..
    Originally posted by MadamMim2013

• ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 13th Feb 18, 3:46 PM
    • 5,507 Posts
    • 59,098 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    Don't worry Lilli, it's a good way to do it if you tend to feel sick or your digestive system can't cope with oral meds. Apparently it's often used in France....
    • Nargleblast
    • By Nargleblast 13th Feb 18, 3:54 PM
    • 9,091 Posts
    • 57,732 Thanks
    Nargleblast
    fuddle - I suppose this means we have to stand down the Fencers Army? Dammit, was looking forward to a good fight and a knees up afterwards.......shall we all come round your neighbour`s and ram that snow shovel where the sun don`t shine?
    Debt free date.....3 August 2015
    Now building up a Doomsday Cash Stash
    • nursemaggie
    • By nursemaggie 13th Feb 18, 4:15 PM
    • 2,253 Posts
    • 29,761 Thanks
    nursemaggie
    Never mind fuddle, I have been a day late, an hour late, a week early. The consultant saw me the day I was a week early.
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 13th Feb 18, 5:10 PM
    • 2,629 Posts
    • 38,476 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    What a shame Fuddle compounded by bad weather and inconsiderate people too

DH not feeling well, there has been a tummy bug going round and itís his turn, I had it in France at the weekend which was not fun

I have a 4 day weekend to look forward to, I intend to enjoy every second of it, DH should be back on form by then, we both bounce back quiet quickly when poorly.

Good luck to those giving up things for lent x
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!
    • MadamMim2013
    • By MadamMim2013 13th Feb 18, 5:49 PM
    • 534 Posts
    • 6,587 Thanks
    MadamMim2013
    Oh fuds, what a pain I've done the same thing myself - not arriving a month early, but confidently turning up at a clinic for a 2.30 appointment only to be told that I was meant to have been there the previous day.
    Is the thoracic appointment definitely tomorrow, or is that for March as well?

MadamMim Sending best wishes to your friend for a speedy and uneventful recovery from her op x
    Originally posted by ivyleaf
    I've done it not just for myself but also with my mothers apts.. I now have pretty colours in my diary to cover the correct human (& apt) in an effort not to repeat the whoops too often!

Thanks for your kind words.. Bestie is out of surgery and on her way to a 10 day stay in HDU before 10/14 days on a ward! Fingers crossed she'll be drip fed/syringe driven meds so that'll be a relief (in more ways than one!) & I'm also hoping the amount of her meds will finally get reduced! Still waiting to hear how the actual surgery went.. Fingers crossed please, If successful she can be put in for her triple heart bypass!
    Living life happily! Debt Free date: 06/2018!!!
    Jan Feb Mar Apr May June GC £236.20/£300
    :
    • mardatha
    • By mardatha 13th Feb 18, 5:51 PM
    • 14,898 Posts
    • 142,482 Thanks
    mardatha
    The good thing there Fuds, is that by the time you do get to the consultant you'll be too ratty/tired/past caring to get in a state and everything will go smoothly! And if it's that far away then its nowt urgent xx
    I had a meltdown yesterday and that does not happen often
    Right after nearly bloody dying from lack of cortisol, I got a letter from my heifer of a consultant saying she wanted to try to cut my dose right to the bone to wean me off my steroids "to see if my adrenals have any reserve". I hit the roof then bounced off all the walls then phoned my gp in an utter state. Considering that I got home on Fri teatime and still cannot even walk further than the bedroom, I'm not in any fit state to be experimented on.
    GP was brilliant, said to disregard her letter, to carry on with my normal dose, to take a month to get better, and then if I wanted to, to reduce my dose by a tiny margin once a month. And if at any time I felt ill then to stop and forget reducing any further. I could have cuddled the man - and I don't even like him
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,127Posts Today

7,835Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LaraLewington: ...and mine suggested I'd achieved a lifelong ambition of being sawn in half by a magician - at our wedding. Wasn't. Don?

• We are working on it - I think BA has behaved awfully on this. Those flight were no obviously a glitch. It should? https://t.co/8pvtXtUEqi

• RT @thenicolabryant: Absolutely. We need mental health and financial health as advocated my @MartinSLewis , to be taught in schools. So muc?

• Follow Martin