Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 18th Jul 17, 8:29 PM
    • 3,470Posts
    • 31,687Thanks
    Knit Witch
    The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!
    • 18th Jul 17, 8:29 PM
    The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat! 18th Jul 17 at 8:29 PM
    As threads are going walkabout I thought I would start the next stage of this off - I will try and do the links later!
    V3ry - £389.60
Page 195
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 8th Feb 18, 5:53 PM
    • 5,503 Posts
    • 59,082 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    Ooh, I hope you get back there next year MMF!

Lovely to hear you had good news pollyanna

nursemaggie The bungalow sounds just right, I so hope you get it.

Good luck with the househunting Lyn!

HH Your DD is so very lucky to have you!

Get well soon nannywindow and karcher (and any other poorly people I've miised.).

wondercollie
    Don't worry about the odd collection of things when you try to type an apostrophe; it seems to be a problem where people are using an iPad.

I've now been to the GP. My blood sugar was fine (YAY!! ), cholesterol was slightly on the high side but still within normal range (Phew), but my thyroxine is a bit low. I've to have another blood test in 2 months' time, and if it's still low he will probably prescribe a small dose of thyroxine for me to try. It probably explains why I've been rather tired lately.
    • Hard Up Hester
    • By Hard Up Hester 8th Feb 18, 5:56 PM
    • 3,693 Posts
    • 46,292 Thanks
    Hard Up Hester
    Fingers crossed NM.
    I'm on the outskirts VJsmum, the cut has defrosted ow.
    I've cleaned a boat for someone, brrr it's cold cleaning a unheated boat with cold water. I take a bucket of hot water with me but it goes cold quickly.
    I don't mind looking after all four of them, I had four children so it seems 'normal' to me.
    Feet up now until 9 tonight when I go to collect CHS from work.
    Chin up, Titus out.
    • camelot1001
    • By camelot1001 8th Feb 18, 7:12 PM
    • 3,877 Posts
    • 46,768 Thanks
    camelot1001
    Sounds promising nursemaggie, hope you get it.
    Pleased that you have good news polly.

Just wathcing a programme about the winter olympics, gosh it looks cold there in Korea!

I'm all excited to be going to The Hague tomorrow, DS2 and his lovely GF are back from their 6 months of travels today (just what you need - the end of a glorious holiday then your Mother arrives!). Not seen him since early September so lots to catch up on.
    • karcher
    • By karcher 8th Feb 18, 7:53 PM
    • 1,853 Posts
    • 17,175 Thanks
    karcher
    NM I have everything crossed for you xx

Polly so pleased for you and your DD xx

MrsLW good luck xx

Re: HWB Stopper gate, I finally managed to undo it tonight after work! But it seemed to have leaked so I'm not convinced it isn't destined to be retired

I used to have 2 HWB but the other one sprung a leak a month or so ago and I haven't got round to replacing it what with being virus ridden.

I now have an exciting weekend planned HWB shopping

ETA Camelot have a lovely lovely time xx
    Last edited by karcher; 08-02-2018 at 7:58 PM.
    • pandamonium
    • By pandamonium 8th Feb 18, 8:06 PM
    • 137 Posts
    • 1,496 Thanks
    pandamonium
    NM I do hope you get the bungalow. You sound very excited.
    Polly So pleased for you and your daughter.

Lots of things in the planning stage here. I am kicking around a business idea, have two Roman blinds to make, a bed to build for one of my DS's and loads more decluttering to do.
    I think I could do with a few more hours in a day .
    • Nargleblast
    • By Nargleblast 8th Feb 18, 8:11 PM
    • 9,091 Posts
    • 57,718 Thanks
    Nargleblast
    Oh Yes monna there is a washing line but even better 3 recycle bins and my own bin no one else will use. Recycle bins are all full here and will not be emptied until a week next Tuesday. Someone with 5 kits can't put all their rubbish in a pencil case.

I'll have to move if I don't want to be sitting in a puddle.
    Originally posted by nursemaggie
    And no herd of elephants upstairs!
    Debt free date.....3 August 2015
    Now building up a Doomsday Cash Stash
    • pollyanna 26
    • By pollyanna 26 8th Feb 18, 8:55 PM
    • 2,165 Posts
    • 20,044 Thanks
    pollyanna 26
    Fuds I have just written a long reply . It was either too long or timed out .

If my " Sometimes inconvenient memory " Looking at you monna is correct you worked with children and will have met children with Aspergers .

Google Borderline Personality Disorder MIND is a good site .

Try to imagine if someone is diagnosed with the 1st along with pretty well every other child and adolescent in the area but actually has the second .

The first diagnosis was 20 years ago age 13 . Yesterday 33 yr old DD was finally officially diagnosed with the second . Years after everyone within hospitals , residential units and the autism college they sent her to for a year was saying she wasn't on the Spectrum .

That is the fight that since the mention of BPD which made everything clear has been ongoing and was finally resolved yesterday has been about .

She's lost 20 years that caused serious lasting damage as she wasn't getting the support and treatment needed .

I'm not thinking the path ahead will be easy but knowing someone has now listened is the point we start from tomorrow .

The past can't be changed but a different future awaits .

polly xxxx
    • pollyanna 26
    • By pollyanna 26 8th Feb 18, 9:13 PM
    • 2,165 Posts
    • 20,044 Thanks
    pollyanna 26
    I'm not posting long posts as they get eaten .

Welcome to newbies you may need to save an Elephant at some point bur otherwise we are what passes as nice innocent people .

The bungalow sounds perfect NM . There will be candles flickering , good vibes and many prayers focused in your direction across OS . We who can cross eyes will add in that x

I hope dear Lyn will find that forever home along with Monna .

Karcher I hope you managed to undo the top of the HWB . I've not read back far but sending a hug to you .

I've had to read to check that VJ finally got off the train to Reading . I have now got one of those poems in my head and the title evades me . Was it the train to Glouster ? Spelling I'm tired .

I have received so many emails and phone calls today and responded to them I am wiped out .

To all the sad , ill or worried I wish better days to come . To mar and Fuds better health . To you all good night and sleep tight .
    polly x
    • LilySue
    • By LilySue 8th Feb 18, 10:03 PM
    • 341 Posts
    • 6,900 Thanks
    LilySue
    Thank you all for the warm welcome - l will probably take a while to get you all lodged in my mind so please forgive me if l muddle people up a bit!

Had a longish day, we go over and visit dbil who has amyloidosis every couple of weeks ( really horrible disease which sounds like a dinosaur) l watch terrible old tv programmes with him and tell him exaggerated tales of our extended family, it keeps us both happy

Now l'm back home and have thrown together dinner but also put a crumble in the oven which l'm willing on to cook as l'd like to go to bed ( probably shouldn't have used frozen fruit....)

Polly obviously l don't know your back story but l'm so glad that your daughter has her diagnosis. At least now , even if it is difficult, you can start a plan that will actually help her condition.
    • VJsmum
    • By VJsmum 8th Feb 18, 10:44 PM
    • 5,176 Posts
    • 76,184 Thanks
    VJsmum
    I've had to read to check that VJ finally got off the train to Reading . I have now got one of those poems in my head and the title evades me . Was it the train to Glouster ? Spelling I'm tired .
    Originally posted by pollyanna 26
    Yes, i got off, went to the pub (for a meeting, honest) and then got on again.

Was it Addlestrop? the poem?

Glad to hear your news... My daughter is (formally) undiagnosed Asperger's,but she definitely has it. My BiL was (too late ) diagnosed with personality disorder, I am so glad that you have your diagnosis.
    You're out with a friend in the capital, I'm a thousand leagues under the sea
    You're hovering worriedly over your eggs, And I'm pondering trees
    I'm wandering long, And I'm pondering trees
    For you and me
    Guy Garvey
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 8th Feb 18, 11:13 PM
    • 5,503 Posts
    • 59,082 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    pollyanna Your poor DD I'm so glad she can now get the help she needs. ((HUGS))
    • fuddle
    • By fuddle 9th Feb 18, 8:44 AM
    • 6,350 Posts
    • 97,099 Thanks
    fuddle
    Wow. That's my reaction Polly but I don't know whether it's because of the injustice or the sheer scope of what has actually happened for the good. I know your GP is a keeper and he has your DD under his wing well and truly.

Polly the time that has gone, has gone, I agree. Yourself and DD are really entitled to feel cross but I know you well and I know that positivity gets you through life and that cross emotion won't last. Just wow. Ok, wow now is for the future, a future full of understanding, support and contentment for DD. In many respects DD's new diagnosis is niche and as Asperger's can be really quite broad and blanket like your DD has to see help and change happen really quite quickly.

And you Polly. Here's to being a Mum without as much worry, stress and difficult situations to deal with.
    • FurryBeastOz
    • By FurryBeastOz 9th Feb 18, 8:48 AM
    • 1,193 Posts
    • 15,845 Thanks
    FurryBeastOz
    Yes, i got off, went to the pub (for a meeting, honest) and then got on again.

Was it Addlestrop? the poem.
    Originally posted by VJsmum
    Grrrr. I canít get that poem out of my head now. I had to learn it by heart for a poetry reading competition many years ago.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 9th Feb 18, 10:14 AM
    • 11,811 Posts
    • 164,034 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    I read a lovely little 'truth' today in a local newspaper we picked up while we were away. Two dogs talking to one another, one a young pup and the other an old boy. The pup said I'm chasing my tail, I've noticed that when I'm really happy my tail wags so that is where happiness 'is' and if I can catch my tail I will be happy. The old dog smiled and said Oh yes, I've noticed that when I'm happy my own tail wags but I also know that if I don't try to catch my tail it will always follow me and happiness will follow me wherever I go. It's a good story!

POLLY glad you've gone through that barrier and hope the sun is now shining on you both, life won't be easy (it never is) but Oh my goodness, do I wish you both happy and unstressed xxx.
    Thumpers mum was right - if you can't find anything nice to say don't say anything at all!
    • pollyanna 26
    • By pollyanna 26 9th Feb 18, 10:34 AM
    • 2,165 Posts
    • 20,044 Thanks
    pollyanna 26
    I tried posting an hour or so ago and I reckon Mar is eating my posts .

Just want to wish nm good luck at her meeting today and hope it helps sort things .

To put VJsmum out of her misery it wasn't Adlestrop but The train to Glasgow by Wilma Horsbrugh . It was the only poem the little boy who grew up to drive the trains loved . If I had a pound for every time I read that rhythmic and hilarious poem I'd be happy .

Very cold here on the NW coast and possibility of snow which at least will warm things a little . I'm about to wield the hot brush while watching out for Hermes . A woolovers order set for next Monday is out for delivery . We are at the doctors later this morning and then other things this afternoon so I need them to come in less than an hour .

Take care all . Thank you everyone for your kind words . See you later .

polly x
    • fuddle
    • By fuddle 9th Feb 18, 10:51 AM
    • 6,350 Posts
    • 97,099 Thanks
    fuddle
    Can you help me understand what these blood tests are going test? Cholesterol I know but what is LFTs, U&Es and Hbalc?

I've been invited to attend the cardio clinic at the surgery and I need those tests in preparation.
    • pollyanna 26
    • By pollyanna 26 9th Feb 18, 11:06 AM
    • 2,165 Posts
    • 20,044 Thanks
    pollyanna 26
    Fuds LFTs Liver Function

U&Es Urea and Electrolytes

HBA Blood glucose .

Jumper is here and I 'll see you later .

polly x
    • monnagran
    • By monnagran 9th Feb 18, 11:19 AM
    • 3,759 Posts
    • 50,013 Thanks
    monnagran
    Sorry Fuddle, I'm the wrong one to ask. I'd guess LFT is Left FootToes, (do you have the right number?) U&Es must be Unicorns & Elephants, (An overactive Disney complex and ask Mar where it is?), and Hbalc is probably High Balcony, (have you just fallen from one?)

I'm as behind as the cow's tail this morning. I have to do my long walk to the village today to get my BP tablets (Blood Pressure, fuds, not baking powder,) and it is blowing gustily and the sky looks threatening, we've already had some torrential downpours.
    I'd better get on my waterproofs and MOVE.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Kindness isn't an act. It's a lifestyle.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
    • monnagran
    • By monnagran 9th Feb 18, 11:20 AM
    • 3,759 Posts
    • 50,013 Thanks
    monnagran
    Just look at that. Polly jumps in with more suggestions about the mysterious initials.
    I like mine better.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 9th Feb 18, 11:46 AM
    • 2,626 Posts
    • 38,458 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    SNOW - WE HAVE SNOW

Sorry - very rare here.... Iíll go back to sleep now x

PS I am reading - hugs to those that need them x
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

33Posts Today

3,760Users online

Martin's Twitter