PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Comments

• Firth news is good.
    Leftover eclipse glasses available to any brave enough for beach body viewing.
    Forest schools!
    Prayers for Mr L and Lainey's pal.
    Highly Confused: room of requirements? Possibly a bathroom but then that can't be right because why would two outdoor foot stools be needed in there????
    Fingers crossed for Lainey plus grey mare!!!!!
    Speaking of curtains...I had accidentally bought some too long and was too lazy to hem them, so I bought the swag bars for the sides and now they look like I meant them to be that way.
    I'm very impressed with M and M's grocery buying acumen. That's an impressive amount left for this far into the month. (Must get back to MSE ways...fallen off the wagon)

* DD2 finally made it down with her hound doggies being drooped off at Mila's before she headed off to supervise the internal audit of this branch. Doggies are napping, one beside me and one at my feet.

* So very proud of this daughter. She was asked to falsify documents for the official audit in a different section of the state and refused, reported it and was raked over the coals during the investigation. It's all turned out ok but her job was threatened and it was highly stressful for her. She dropped 19 pounds and started to a therapist. How brave and amazing is she! The entire family has rallied to her side with much love, support and words of encouragement. A life defining moment and she aced it!!!!!!

Posting now so this isn't lost and will do the outer three later.
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,206 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Well done master frith and well done to you frith! I think , speaking as a mum, who's done this twice and about to do it for third time , when you know your child's abilities you may have higher expectations of them . However , external circumstances, can & do affect their performance.

Your boy was having a seriously tough time yet still managed to get 7 passes so that's great . Just think of all that hard work you put in to tutoring/ home schooling and be very proud of yourself!

We are all proud of you !
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    [QUOTE=mhagster;73032785

Your boy was having a seriously tough time yet still managed to get 7 passes so that's great . Just think of all that hard work you put in to tutoring/ home schooling and be very proud of yourself!

We are all proud of you ![/QUOTE]

And so say all of us! :j:j
  • bagpuss38
    bagpuss38 Posts: 704 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Well done master frith.
    I fully remember the struggle to get two teenagers through GCSEs, a journey I'm am about to begin again with the not so littles.

Thursday pleasures

1 Lovely dog walk with hubby and girls. Nice to stretch out on grass in the sunshine.
    2. Salmon and cucumber sandwiches (well salmon paste lol but still delish) 😉
    3. Afternoon spent in the garden colouring in mandalas with dd3.
    4. The prospect of payday tomorrow to replenish cupboards and fridge.
    5. In bed with hot cuppa and catch up on fern Cotten on WDYTYA

Night all xx
    SIMPLY BE-££577.11:eek:
    Very BNPL - £353.00:o
  • So above daughter that we are so proud of just got demoted an hour ago, effective tomorrow. Unbelievable! She came here crying and promptly called the correct department to go out on stress disability today. She should get 100% of current pay for 6 months. The big UPS boss of NM told her that she needs to take it the to work management resolution department, so she will be looking for a work related lawyer. She tried to do right and they kicked her downstairs.
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    1. Took DD and her chum for an amazing experience, a kind of Total Wipeout water fun thing :)

2. I've sent back 3 pairs of boots that didn't fit and kept the pair that do, hoorah!

3. £100 deposit from my holiday has been returned, yay. It's gone back into my car repair fund where I took it from to pay my credit card....

4. 19p in coppers will go into KW's pot for our next trip to a seaside arcade with DD :) Such a good idea of his to save coppers, as you tend not to notice their leaving the purse but they do add up.

5. £2 coin into the Marmite jar.

6. DD's friend's mum gave me £20 towards the days out I've taken the girls on. Normally I'd refuse, but on this occasion I graciously accepted.

7. I might be saving money on Sunday as KW's royal visit appears to be being upgraded to lunch at home rather than in a restaurant! (And he'll be meeting my one and only brother and his girlfriend, lucky KW.... ;) )
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,154 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 25 August 2017 at 12:07AM
    Sorry to hear about your daughter, Mila, and hope she can get things sorted out.

Sons were also at a Total Wipeout style experience this morning, Kittikins!

Thank you for all the son good wishes. :-)

Pleasures for today (Thursday)

1) Hens well.

2) Smaller son and I laughing as bigger son went up the drive to school to get his results. Another family were sitting in the car next to ours and their child came back to the car with his envelope. He sent his sister out of the car to stand some distance away, got in the car and discussed his results with his mum then called his sister back and let her in again!

3) Results will get bigger son in to college.

4) Brother in law's birthday today so sons went on an inflatable course on a lake locally - floating platforms, huge slides etc.

5) Took a picnic and ate it on the side of the lake.

6) A few games of football with smaller son.

7) Bigger son went to an results party and has just got back.

8) Spoke to my school friend on the phone for over 2 hours!

9) Made a huge saucepan of veg chilli that should do for 2 meals.

10) Watching Who Do You Think You Are?, in bed with 1 hwb,
  • Mixed blessings yesterday as He Who Knows was operated on in early afternoon and very coherent when he rang us at 3,30ish. Unfortunately his plumbing seems reluctant to resume business as normal so we waited all afternoon and a good part of the evening before they decided to keep him in, just after the last bus to the village had left!!! We ended up getting as close as we could to a station 3.5 miles away where we arrived at 9.30pm and walked home!

1) The NHS in all it's forms, life would be less without it.

2) Kindness from the nurses on the day ward to all of us, even if they did keep calling him 'Darlin' and treating him like a 2 year old (that's MY job!)(the treating NOT the rest!).

3) Bless the fact that DD1 has come home to manage us both and is the most practical and level person I know, and really good at making decisions!

4) He Who Knows who keeps texting home to make sure I'm alright, bless him!

5) Slow Cookers, wonderful contraptions that despite having set it off at 11 in the morning and not being back until after 10 at night still produced a very acceptable Bolognese sauce and we'll have that for supper tonight!

FRITH many congrats to your eldest boy, fabulous results and so pleased he qualifies for his College place without anything else to do, he's a good lad!
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 25 August 2017 at 9:12AM
    Rousing cheers Frith, and eldest-son-of-Frith!
    May health return in jig time to He Who Knows, dear Mrs LW!
    Mila - all love & strength & courage to you & family & wonderful daughter.

(We saw some Pretty Odd Behaviour at school too - though worst were the helium As & 9s & Photos For the School & Local Press, other scenes were a bit hairraising. I wanted to hug the mother stood in the rain clutching her childs coat & Not Daring walk into school to hand it over.)

My fifth-time-the-charm lad passed his maths GCSE & the Head Boy passed enough high enough to share a taxi to his chosen sixth form & enroll immediately.

Both lads very pleased, so there have been cigars & calzone & kebabs & the promised new phone & the *we'll* pay for the laptop. [Of course I'm pleased & proud but go easy on my aching wallet?]

This morning, back on the cabbage soup & off the fingernails.
  • Well done Master D for V, enjoy and the cabbage soup is optional NOT compulsory, use parmesan cheese NOT fingernails, tastes soooooo much nicer!!!xxx.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback