Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • DundeeDoll
    • By DundeeDoll 18th Jul 17, 11:34 AM
    • 3,372Posts
    • 38,213Thanks
    DundeeDoll
    5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3
    • 18th Jul 17, 11:34 AM
    5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3 18th Jul 17 at 11:34 AM
    Ok I'm diving in as I've noticed several of us have lost posts we thought had posted, and there now seems to be a serious risk of losing the whole thread. So thanks for the heads up Karcher. (and i sympathise Frith - i too like to nip back)

I've revisited the first thread of our part 2, posted 28th October 2009. It said:
    Time for a shiny new thread The old one had got to 4500 odd posts which amounts to 22,500 OS pleasures (at least) It's so good to know that the OS life can be so rewarding.

I'll kick off the new thread.

1) Homemade bread and marmalade for breakfast.

2) A walk over the Malvern Hills to blow away the cobwebs.

3) Drying the washing outside- still, in October.

4) Watching mydaughter making a game out of sweeping the leaves with her friends.

5) The prospect of collecting a big order of meat from the butcher this morning and having my freezer full for less.
    Originally posted by thriftlady
    Part 2 went on considerably longer so many many more pleasures. And of course life stories shared, support given, tears of sorrow and joy shed. Part 2 I shall miss you, but here's to part 3.
    Last edited by DundeeDoll; 18-07-2017 at 11:40 AM.
Page 190
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 11th Aug 18, 12:18 PM
    • 8,433 Posts
    • 26,597 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    Ye Gods things happen when you're not looking. Good things, though. Usually.
    Frith - hurrah birthday, drat watching for concussion, happy NCS & love 'avocado frog' & 'thyme frog'. Godfather had a "froggery" at previous address & misses it at new home! Ah yes, NCS comms or rather lack of - absolutely usual alas & v frustrating but they do have So Much Fun. And wobble but recover & in flats Have To Cook. Biting the bullet & cleaning both rooms and the car - awed! Son back desperately needing feeding - yes! Once had 24 hours, re-start lessons in cooking to survive?!
    DundeeDoll - love 'no clutter to be seen' idea but might have to erect a shed to achieve that.... DD using line without reminding? Three cheers! Then going halves - you have raised them wonderfully! Recall burpees from decades ago, wincing slightly, but admirably done! Coffee wus? I avoid additional shots entirely where possible but drink weak tea 98% of the time. Campus with fridge & kettle - shrewd use of finite resources!
    Mrs SD - a full roast beef dinner sounds utterly wonderful & Cream Soda is a staple of my Pounce-at-once-if-spotted list! Watching slabs being laid - admirable talent! Sis & medics has to be between them til POA kicks in. Tough though. Why td line dried towels? (I cherish that rare scritch!)
    Mhagster - the ways of the nauseated (& their families) are strange but at least they did wish to wash away the evidence. Delighted to think of you cannily preparing for seasonal fun at discounted-even-by-pound-shop prices! All the very best with builders - candle being lit. Shared rhubarb love - admirable! Vibrancy on other frequencies still available. Good to hear progress on the 50 for 50 ice cream!
    Purple kitten - a disk in the tub is a much underrated pleasure. Did you sing? Garden music & book - I must try this! Sale Next Friday? Candle lit, and very best wishes!
    Hopeless case - much intrigued by raised beds to prevent dog damage, (not least as raised voices next door suggest raised beds have presented their dog with new opportunities for mischief?) Family ParkRun is wonderful - you get half an hour Peace but extra laundry, they get endorphin rush but no lie in. Garlic chive popular with bees too - hours of peaceful watching!
    LaineyT - there is Nothing like your own bed. Hummus is lovely stuff! A cooling sponge down sounds blissful - tried it on Captain S?! Pomodoro - yum! Communal bath in a puddle - sounds blissful, & fun to observe. Chaps & cheesecake often potent mix!
    BoP - awed, you have your own channel! And ready for your close ups - good stuff. Medics not, so steak - dead right too! "Can I have yours if" - explains two family quirks... Mind, already knew "pull your finger out"! "Kill of the weak" - brilliant!
    VJsmum - a blackberry & apple walk? Brilliant! Hurrah DD & salaried employment too! "Starting to put the roof back on" - imagination will stumble back draggled & needing feeding eventually.
    MrsYox - welcome & hurrah for stacked wood to burn - a huge pleasure & healthy exercise.
    MrsLW - with you on tea, and pace yourself with the tip - if staff know how you like a brew, you may have been overdoing a bit... Clearly the pizza glorious! Asda wonderful fir pre-booked cardboard boxes, but you are so right, best to rehome! A walk without books must look bare indeed but soon... Less pressure excellent.
    VickyA - did you get to Blenheim? And yes hurrah yellow stuff but within reason!
    M&M90 awed! At budget, painting, sacks of clothes still with tags! Have a real Guinness!
    kimplus8 - the sun is a *wonderful* bleaching agent - bio at its friendliest!
    House elf - Boston is great fun but barely MSE at all. International food at Faneuil Hall (if still open?) great though.
    Village life - congrats on wedding anniversary, DH birthday & emerging restoration of DS1 - very best wishes!

OS Pleasures recently
    As I struggle to heave out of holiday mode, do you have any characters in books you'd welcome as in-laws? As the more I read by Lindsey Davis, the more I think young Flavia is the sort of daughter-in-law I'd enjoy. Not least as I already know & love her extended family (Falco et alia) but mostly as she's intelligent & that would be fun.

Remembering to load both running shoes & knitting to course packing. I'm a pupil this time so my evenings are more my own. [Used both! Good intentions *happened* not just extra weight lifting.]

Two distinctly senior citizens with their cherished cameras at Preston, train spotting, in temperatures that allow anoraks to stay at home & shorts & huge grins to be worn.

First ever Thai curry - very tasty & not as savage as feared. Staff utterly sweet & (when the others had baileys or whiskey) brought me "a children's drink" - passion fruit juice, we think. Delicious!

Saw a squirrel scampering carrying a windfall apple a bit bigger than its head & wondered just how well up on fruit storage the critter was, or if just looking for a quiet spot for breakfast!

Sitting quietly, knitting, is a restful treat. I do have to pack ready for tomorrow but a few rows of knitting helps me think.

Discussing Soul Food (Cawl, and steak pie) with a chap living and working in Coventry but born in Wigan.

"Oh-my-god-in-heavens-name there's not that much yoghurt in a packet!" - a young passenger has distressed her mother considerably and mother now trying to recover her calm and self possession amidst a (quietly) deeply sympathetic carriage.

There are times I despair for the human race and times when I have to bite my lip for risk of laughing aloud & the polite not-making-eye-contact of the mixed queue for the loo, on a crowded train, as more get on & think "ooh!" and are politely told there's a queue... It's crazy and British and terribly funny.

Card machine caput so cash only & fellow traveller couldn't afford sandwich and water - startled when I happily offered a sealed (heavy) bottle, brought in anticipation of thirst from the hotel, but getting heavier by the yard..

"There's a heart-felt emotional drama coming" apparently & that's just on the Leeds train.... Eavesdropping is a shocking vice but great fun.

Oh, hurrah, familiar sights greet me, not least grey bottomed clouds promising rain. Ah, it is good to be homeward bound & know where my waterproof is!

Then, Own Bed!

The joys of storecupboards mean I have sorted eldest with rather spectacular birthday gift bottle, Christmas card (the lady is a fan of the season) & wrapping papers without having to buy Anything as I did that all in previous years. (How I will look her father in the eye is a slightly trickier issue.)

Apologies for such a dump & run post - but all health, strength, love, courage and Useful Things Handy to such as have need!
    Last edited by DigForVictory; 11-08-2018 at 4:21 PM. Reason: I cheated & posted the OSPs first, then caught upon my reading!
    • Mrs Salad Dodger
    • By Mrs Salad Dodger 11th Aug 18, 4:04 PM
    • 1,284 Posts
    • 14,472 Thanks
    Mrs Salad Dodger
    Pleasures for the last few days

NOT having to go out in the rain.

DH treated us to barbecue ribs from Bod**ns - yummy

Dry day today

Not beating myself up toooo much about being a lazy c*w

Reading your posts
    • Purple kitten
    • By Purple kitten 11th Aug 18, 8:46 PM
    • 1,956 Posts
    • 21,603 Thanks
    Purple kitten
    A mix from both yesterday and today.
    1 Packing continues, I sold DFs washing machine and it was picked up no problems, we were ruthless with some left bits and with others loaded to boxes what can be cs’d and 2 boxes for us – we are bursting at the seams we won’t need to buy cleaning products for 2 years and soup for the same! DH and I happened to catch who we assume are the new owners, crawling buy in their car which was odd. I’ve listed a sofa for free and a g plan wardrobe for free so here’s hoping they move on. When I got back in there was a lovely thank you off the lady who picked up the washing machine, with lovely words about dad saying how lovely we are and she wants to send us a thank you, very sweet.
    2 Dropped something over to the in-laws that they requested and were very happy with, nice to blether for the evening.
    3 It’s rather nice to just “stop” today, rather hoping the weather holds to get some bits dry, I’ve been holding off washing as I’m a cheapskate.
    4 I was bringing the bird seed through the lounge to the garden when I lost grip it landed in just the right point to shatter and go everywhere, the animals thought this was the best thing ever.
    5 I was going to call the vets for our ill little one for that dreaded appointment and I swear they know, he’s been sort of rallying, a little ponder in the garden and coming to find us so I haven’t made the call it is rather the last thing in the world I want to do.
    6 Several loads of animal bedding through the wash to the line.
    7 The house is clean and lived in, that’ll do.
    8 A bit of shopping in the dreaded Mr t as the only place we can get sugar free soft drinks, and a detour from there to our best Chinese – it was delicious.
    • Frith
    • By Frith 12th Aug 18, 12:02 AM
    • 4,815 Posts
    • 45,567 Thanks
    Frith
    Only half a post lost today so I'll try again!

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Hens very perky and 4 eggs.

3) Smaller son went to watch his team play football (at home).

4) Bigger son did a 10 hour (!) shift at the hotel. Just picked him up.

5) I had 4 hours with no sons (this will only happen 3 times during the summer holidays). So I went to Ludlow for lunch and a look round. Nothing in the charity shops (rare) so I stopped off in 2 towns as I drove back to pick smaller son up.

3 nice tops for me, a T shirt for smaller son and the Haynes guide to chickens!

6) Watched Casualty which was very exciting.

7) Up to date with the washing (almost) including all bigger son's NCS stuff and the new charity shop finds.

8) In bed and will watch Gardeners World. Just waiting for Monty's "hullo"...
    Verschlimmbesserung
    • DundeeDoll
    • By DundeeDoll 12th Aug 18, 1:25 AM
    • 3,372 Posts
    • 38,213 Thanks
    DundeeDoll
    Oops very very late. So in brief
    1) got the car back safely from the garage (price not mse!) with mum and dd2
    2) called in at garden centre on way home for lunch
    3) vacuumed. Not my fave job but getting faster with decluttering
    4) parteeeee friend!!!8217;s 70th.danced the whole night through
    5) home and did a 95 second plank. Yay. My core is still feeling it though...
    For 2018 be kind, be courageous, and never ever eat pears
    • LaineyT
    • By LaineyT 12th Aug 18, 7:58 AM
    • 2,535 Posts
    • 31,852 Thanks
    LaineyT
    Saturday pleasures,

Capt S up and at em by 6am as he is was off to Toon town for a weekend of football and cricket, I got a cup of tea in bed and promptly fell back asleep.

Boiled egg and marmite soldiers for breakfast.

My kind of perfect summers day, 24 degrees with a nice breeze, lovely walk around the field with little dog.

Over to yard for hay delivery, girlie was in a different paddock so charging around excited because more grass. Hay man was held up so washed all brushes, cleaned tack and had a real tidy up. Just finished when he turned up to fill my feed store with beautifully, sweet smelling hay.

Home and with the house to myself no need to worry too much about cooking, unearthed a portion of paella from freezer and enjoyed whilst binge watching Poirot and Lewis.
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 12th Aug 18, 8:06 AM
    • 12,866 Posts
    • 177,757 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    1) The best nights sleep for ages last night, I put the quilt back in the quilt cover and was just the right temperature, not waking up cold or hot, magnificent!

2) More and more boxes packed and more things taken to the book and clothing banks and the tip.

3) Nell, James and the boys remained dry and cosy last night despite the weather, they are on a camping holiday down in the west country and the pictures we're getting on the phone show a flowing stream in front of their tent where there is supposed to be a walk through between tents.

4) Going to go for coffee at the garden centre late this morning, it's getting to the point where I need time out of the chaos of packing.

5) Getting to see less in the freezers and cupboards when I open them, using up what's in there is giving us some unexpected meals but they've all been nice so far.
    Thumpers mum was right - if you can't find anything nice to say don't say anything at all!
    • apricity
    • By apricity 12th Aug 18, 12:21 PM
    • 124 Posts
    • 329 Thanks
    apricity
    1. when i woke up, my F.H said "Morning beautiful" and we snuggled
    2. He took us to breakfast at the local pub & was thankful he said that because I used all the tea cups last night and had to wash them up for my morning cuppa (we're both ill so we used the cups for a lemsip each and I had tea & coffee yesterday - i hate using thee same cup for both...tastes funny!)
    3. We had a laugh together , i cheered him up as he's feeling ill
    4.did the washing up , so now I can have a cuppa on the sofa
    5. having a lazy day on the sofa - we pulled it out and got our spare blanket out. lush to chill!
    We're like 2 over grown children lol ... especially as we had a nerf gun fight earlier
    SPC #017 - £0.50
    • Blackbeard of Perranporth
    • By Blackbeard of Perranporth 12th Aug 18, 4:50 PM
    • 5,601 Posts
    • 33,144 Thanks
    Blackbeard of Perranporth
    Now, What are you waiting for around here?
    V At last. The boys are rolling. Back in the swing and I have just bought our first derby tickets for a while. So next Saturday is up early to the Theatre of Fish. More later.

4 Breakfest yesterday we had the snorker fest as usual. Best back, mushrooms and poached egg on buttered toast. Grilled toms and toms. Washed away with tea. Tum was rubbed!

3 Had token for the emporium today! So the rule of BoP, short arms deep pockets played! Go enuff bog roll for next weekend!

2 Day for dinner we had frexh cod and smoked haddock pie, with home made parsley sauce, buttered minted new tatties and garden fresh peas! Then a spotted richard. P{roper foods and lumpy custard. Tum is well rubbed again!

Having one again today! Watching ther goooooners. Bring back ...

Now that is what not to do!
    Cardiac Arrest - Electrical - Patient unconscious! Heart Attack - Plumbing - Patient conscious!
    Defibrillators Cannot Cure a Heart Attack!
    • Mrs Salad Dodger
    • By Mrs Salad Dodger 12th Aug 18, 6:44 PM
    • 1,284 Posts
    • 14,472 Thanks
    Mrs Salad Dodger
    One from yesterday - DB phoned from Germany - everyone well including the menagerie Both my nephews have restarted school. DB has 2 weeks work in Italy & then is being taken on full time with all the appropriate benefits

Today’s pleasures

Spitting with rain practically all day but not as chilly as yesterday

DSis went to sm - so now enough milk to last until tomorrow

DH put finishing touches to shed base - still level

Dinner will be bacon, egg, mushrooms & fried potatoes - yummy

CS bags gradually filling up

Reading your posts

MrsSD
    • VJsmum
    • By VJsmum 12th Aug 18, 7:44 PM
    • 5,392 Posts
    • 79,340 Thanks
    VJsmum
    Evening all. Last leg of a looooong journey home from Holyhead

Pleasures for last few

Friday

1. Got quite a bit of work done, including making a start on the latest batch of marking. The payment for which papers I've done will pay for one of our B&B nights
    2. DS took me to the station as it was raining. having a child that drives brings pleasures and worries.
    3. Journey there ok, got a bit delayed here and there but managed a free tea in the lounge at crewe and a swift half at Llandudno junction Did more number shuffling on the train
    4. B&B rather weird but clean and decent and owned by a very nice, friendly chap. The weirdness was the room arrangement (long thin room with bed in the middle going lengthways, and Parisian sized ensuite - i.e. teeny), and the bed (a sturdy double with a single bunk over the top)
    5. Lovely meal in a bistro - goats cheese and beetroot veg burger with a divine salad. And red wine...

Saturday

1, Really nice 'full Welsh'
    2. We walked 12 miles from Holyhead to Treaddur bay, past south stack lighthouse. Breathtaking scenery
    3. Finished with beer of course
    4. back to B&B to change before we went for a drink in a real old fashioned pub before
    5. Lovely meal in a little bistro - seafood chowder and sea bass

and today

1. A good night's sleep. We may have had the weirdest room, but it was also the quietest. Friends did not have such a good night.
    2. Another Full Welsh
    3. walked 9 miles from Treaddur to Four Mile Bridge. We wanted to finish the Holyhead leg but time and weather defeated us
    4. Passed the 200 miles coastline walked point. Only 650 or so left
    5. Cafe forgot to bring our drinks so we told them to forget it and we'd just pay for the cake. THey gave us the cake free (but we left a tip)

Last leg of the journey home now.. DS is collecting.. have a good evening all
    You're out with a friend in the capital, I'm a thousand leagues under the sea
    You're hovering worriedly over your eggs, And I'm pondering trees
    I'm wandering long, And I'm pondering trees
    For you and me
    Guy Garvey
    • Purple kitten
    • By Purple kitten 12th Aug 18, 9:08 PM
    • 1,956 Posts
    • 21,603 Thanks
    Purple kitten
    Vjsmum: Sounds like a great time. I walked a tiny part of the wales coastal park ironically the sea seemed miles away.

1 I!!!8217;ve meal planned, tonight using up one of DF!!!8217;s Wiltshire farm food meals as a base for turmeric curry with onion and garlic.
    2 I treated DH to a fleece top half price of course, I got him one for Christmas he asked for another, but I wasn!!!8217;t able to find one until now.
    3 In theory both the free items I advertised will be picked up tomorrow. I don!!!8217;t trust the free things it attracts time wasters, so I am hoping to be proved wrong.
    4 Little animal and healthy ones helped me weed the garden.
    5 Relaxing, burning a candle, I have a book but distracted by tv dross of Star wars.
    • Frith
    • By Frith 12th Aug 18, 9:11 PM
    • 4,815 Posts
    • 45,567 Thanks
    Frith
    That's an exciting trip, VJsmum. The only thing I've managed that is similar is the canal Stourport Ring walk - and then only as far as Netherton!

Pleasures for today (Sunday).

1) A lie in.

2) Hens very well and 4 eggs. Bigger son came to see them today and said how their faces and combs are red now.

3) Egg mayo sandwiches for lunch as I'd got about 30 eggs over the past week or so.

4) Went to Sainsburys caf! with bigger son and his Not Girlfriend.

5) Fed up with my quilt falling off my bed so bought a cheap double quilt and cover and am actually in bed now as it is so much more comfortable!

6) Had a game of football with smaller son.

7) Vaguely planning next year's holiday. (Subject to change) London - Bruges - Cologne - Rostock - possibly ferry to Sweden if funds permit.

8) Will listen to the Archers later.
    Verschlimmbesserung
    • DundeeDoll
    • By DundeeDoll 12th Aug 18, 9:18 PM
    • 3,372 Posts
    • 38,213 Thanks
    DundeeDoll
    1-4 bop good stuff. We had to make do with a draw
    1) the cricket where rain didn;t stop play
    2) the rain here which made weeding a pleasure (brown bin full for Wednesday)
    3) stewed apple and custard. Had 4 slightly over dessert apples in the fruit bowl. All the yummier for no waste
    4) the best kedgeree ever. I use the name loosely. It was peppered mackerel, rice, red cabbage, tikka paste, red pepper, mushrooms and onion. Goodness it was good though!
    5) enough left over for tomorrow;s lunch
    For 2018 be kind, be courageous, and never ever eat pears
    • mhagster
    • By mhagster 13th Aug 18, 5:12 AM
    • 3,119 Posts
    • 36,594 Thanks
    mhagster
    The last 2 days Internet has been dodgy so with 2 bars showing I shall once again attemp some weekend pleasures.

Saturday was spent catching up on pottering around. The week had felt a bit hectic at times so was nice just to slow down.

Boy went off to the mountains and came back safely.

Dog walks.

Catch up on phone with SIL & friend.

Nice dinner of gammon, roast potatoes & roast carrot/turnip/courgette ( with kids returning the courgette to my plate 'don't like it' they both said.

A neighbour kindly giving me a bag of runner beans...please inspire me as I'd never cooked with them before. They were very blah with last nights dinner.
    • house elf
    • By house elf 13th Aug 18, 6:39 AM
    • 868 Posts
    • 11,439 Thanks
    house elf
    Good Morning Folks,

Sigh.......home from Adventures in Trumpland.

Friday night plane cancelled, cos struck by lightening in London. Long wait and then offered hotel and new flight on Monday night. I was quite happy with the idea of more holiday.........but DH worried about getting back to work. Travel agents organised a flight for Saturday night, but we had to get back to New York .......Bus, bus, AmtraK, NY yellow cab, plane, tube, train, car, home DH very pleased with himself for sorting out the logistics, but I am still disappointed not to have a couple of days reading my book in a hotel, getting fed for free.

Yesterday

1. DS1. We missed his birthday, travelling home.

2. DS2. Returned from Cadet summer camp. He has had a great time. (No talent shows in Marine Cadets!).

3. Footings dug for the extension. Garden is totally trashed, but apparently all going well so far.

4. Roast dinner for tea.

5. Doggy’s delight at our return.

The washing awaits.......

W8rose welcomed me home with some money off coupons, so will get some posh shopping.

Have a lovely day
    Synchro Mums - 'Changing the world one sequin at a time' Lady GaGa
    'We have more in common than that which divides us.' Jo Cox
    • villagelife
    • By villagelife 13th Aug 18, 6:50 AM
    • 1,534 Posts
    • 17,023 Thanks
    villagelife
    1. Arrived home early hours of Sunday morning and the house was tidy.
    DS2 girlfriend is wonderful!

2. Online shop arrived early.

3. Spent time tidying the garden. Grass is cut.

4. Went to see MIL she never once asked whether we had a good holiday despite as both mentioning it a few times. She complained we hadn't visited and how hot and cold it's been.

5. DS1 came and visited her and then we took him out for a cheap meak.
    • LaineyT
    • By LaineyT 13th Aug 18, 8:11 AM
    • 2,535 Posts
    • 31,852 Thanks
    LaineyT
    Sunday pleasures,

Little dog who, in Capt S’s absence, was allowed in the bedroom with me must have crept back down in night as found her on her usual bed.

Felt rough all day with sore throat so OS pleasure of hot honey and lemon.

Sorted through food cupboards and made room for winter prepping, felt inspired enough to go food shopping and picked up a few bargains to start us off.

Above depleted already lowered energy levels so lay on sofa and slept through most of the programmes I started to watch.

Sorry for little dog who had only been out in garden during the day so took her for a walk around the fields.

RTC Salted Caramal Rachel’s rice, would normally think sacrilege to buy rice pudding and certainly wouldn’t pay full price but oh my it was good.

Capt S home just as I was heading up to bed, lovely man.
    • Blackbeard of Perranporth
    • By Blackbeard of Perranporth 13th Aug 18, 12:19 PM
    • 5,601 Posts
    • 33,144 Thanks
    Blackbeard of Perranporth
    And again, Live from The Mill
    Yes, BoPiness again for you.
    Oh get inn DD We are off and running!

V BoP has booked the tickets for the derby! We will be flying up there on Saturday morning, so no snorker fest then! #UTM

4 After the superb Spotted Rick and fish pie yesterday, we sat and endured the gooooners!

3 Turned over for the cricket and we well and truly trounced them! So it was good!

2 Nite BoP is doing prawn roulette! That will do nicely with the cocoa and pikelets later! Proper foods. Just noted that the pikelets now seem to be all sour dough! Thought they always were or is it another glamorous trick name for …

Having one today as well. Packed box of lunch this weak. Proper foods and nice bits. Bluberries and sour grapes. Salad, with ham today, two cakes of Jaffa. Tangerine and raspberry jelly with oranges!

There, you’ll feel better for that!
    Cardiac Arrest - Electrical - Patient unconscious! Heart Attack - Plumbing - Patient conscious!
    Defibrillators Cannot Cure a Heart Attack!
    • mhagster
    • By mhagster 13th Aug 18, 8:35 PM
    • 3,119 Posts
    • 36,594 Thanks
    mhagster
    Quiet day . Just going out with the doggy then bedtime.

Builders came and builders went as the delivery of cement blocks was delayed. Didn't come till 4pm.

DD2 made chocolate cookies.

I made mushroom soup for lunch which was delicious and also made lentil soup . Had that for tea with cookies and ice cream for pud.

OHs best friend popped in to say hello and see the hole in the garden!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,479Posts Today

8,227Users online

Martin's Twitter