Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • DundeeDoll
    • By DundeeDoll 18th Jul 17, 11:34 AM
    • 3,219Posts
    • 36,314Thanks
    DundeeDoll
    5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3
    • 18th Jul 17, 11:34 AM
    5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3 18th Jul 17 at 11:34 AM
    Ok I'm diving in as I've noticed several of us have lost posts we thought had posted, and there now seems to be a serious risk of losing the whole thread. So thanks for the heads up Karcher. (and i sympathise Frith - i too like to nip back)

I've revisited the first thread of our part 2, posted 28th October 2009. It said:
    Time for a shiny new thread The old one had got to 4500 odd posts which amounts to 22,500 OS pleasures (at least) It's so good to know that the OS life can be so rewarding.

I'll kick off the new thread.

1) Homemade bread and marmalade for breakfast.

2) A walk over the Malvern Hills to blow away the cobwebs.

3) Drying the washing outside- still, in October.

4) Watching mydaughter making a game out of sweeping the leaves with her friends.

5) The prospect of collecting a big order of meat from the butcher this morning and having my freezer full for less.
    Originally posted by thriftlady
    Part 2 went on considerably longer so many many more pleasures. And of course life stories shared, support given, tears of sorrow and joy shed. Part 2 I shall miss you, but here's to part 3.
    Last edited by DundeeDoll; 18-07-2017 at 11:40 AM.
Page 172
    • DundeeDoll
    • By DundeeDoll 5th Jul 18, 10:44 PM
    • 3,219 Posts
    • 36,314 Thanks
    DundeeDoll

2 days now until glory.
    Originally posted by Blackbeard of Perranporth
    hope it's glory not gory.

1) another day of wonderful sunshine. lovely walk in
    2) delicious hm salad for lunch - eggs and avocado
    3) top front seat on the bus - i know, such a child
    4) won the premium bonds. for a glorious 5 minutes (between email and logging in) planned spending the million. reality of £25 is certainly better than nowt.
    5) lovely walk home then mrpiano cooked me lish salmon, red cabbage and brocolli. Stuffed!
    off to hartlepool tomorrow.
    For 2018 be kind, be courageous, and never ever eat pears
    • Frith
    • By Frith 6th Jul 18, 12:01 AM
    • 4,586 Posts
    • 43,394 Thanks
    Frith
    Quick pleasures for today.

1) Smaller son enjoyed a few hours of work experience, completing a bat survey with my brother and some other ecologists. Left here at 2.30am and got home some time before 6am!

2) Hens well.

3) My new bed arrived (only £60 from John Lewis) - certainly an improvement on the old one and lots more space in my room now I've given up pretending I shall ever need a double bed and gone back to a single! Bigger son and I assembled it (with the fan turned directly on us) and put his new extra long mattress on his bunk.

4) Sausage sandwiches from the butcher in the village for lunch.

5) Chinese takeaway for tea.

6) Bigger son has gone to his ?girlfriend's after prom party.

7) Something funny from a couple of days ago. Bigger son had gone to college with his other female friend (not his college) and was "discovered" by some photographers and had to pose "drinking in the canteen" and "stepping off a bus" and he'll in the next prospectus!!! He did tell them he wasn't a student there!
    Odd fact: the inventor of nominative determinism was called Trevor Nominative - Determinism. :-)
    • house elf
    • By house elf 6th Jul 18, 6:08 AM
    • 760 Posts
    • 10,217 Thanks
    house elf
    Good morning,

Yesterday

1. Lots of holdups on the motorway, and difficult to find the conference at the Uni, but arrived in time for keynote speech. Suitably inspired.

2. Good workshops. Sneeked into ‘Concrete’ workshop in the afternoon, as the sensible one I signed up to was cancelled. So much fun!

3. Spent some time talking to the Bloodhound team. Some great resources, but just so interesting.

4. Too late back to go to craft class, but sat in the garden and did some more thinking about the kitchen project with DH. (It was almost cancelled yesterday,as we fell out over money ). Back on track.

5. Unpacked my concrete ‘makes’......I have a speaker housing, an Escher inspired plant pot, a photo holder and a key ring. So happy

Trip to Portsmouth today to watch DS2 taking part in Fieldgun Challenge. Very exciting, but there were injuries last year.

Have a lovely day
    Synchro Mums - 'Changing the world one sequin at a time' Lady GaGa
    'We have more in common than that which divides us.' Jo Cox
    • Hopeless Case
    • By Hopeless Case 6th Jul 18, 6:26 AM
    • 478 Posts
    • 2,514 Thanks
    Hopeless Case
    hope it's glory not gory.

1) another day of wonderful sunshine. lovely walk in
    2) delicious hm salad for lunch - eggs and avocado
    3) top front seat on the bus - i know, such a child
    4) won the premium bonds. for a glorious 5 minutes (between email and logging in) planned spending the million. reality of £25 is certainly better than nowt.
    Originally posted by DundeeDoll
    it certainly is, and when it happens to me with Euromillions, it's only ever more like £2 or £3 I've won, just my money back!
    5) lovely walk home then mrpiano cooked me lish salmon, red cabbage and brocolli. Stuffed!
    off to hartlepool tomorrow.
    My mum was from there so went there a lot, not been back for a few years, as it's a long way from where I live and I only went for the people and sadly they're no longer with us, but very happy memories

Quick pleasures for today.

1) Smaller son enjoyed a few hours of work experience, completing a bat survey with my brother and some other ecologists. Left here at 2.30am and got home some time before 6am!

2) Hens well.

3) My new bed arrived (only £60 from John Lewis) - certainly an improvement on the old one and lots more space in my room now I've given up pretending I shall ever need a double bed and gone back to a single! Bigger son and I assembled it (with the fan turned directly on us) and put his new extra long mattress on his bunk.

4) Sausage sandwiches from the butcher in the village for lunch.

5) Chinese takeaway for tea.

6) Bigger son has gone to his ?girlfriend's after prom party.

7) Something funny from a couple of days ago. Bigger son had gone to college with his other female friend (not his college) and was "discovered" by some photographers and had to pose "drinking in the canteen" and "stepping off a bus" and he'll in the next prospectus!!! He did tell them he wasn't a student there!
    Originally posted by Frith
    Exciting, he's obviously got the x factor

Happy 70th to the NHS - we thought about it yesterday and none of us (me, OH and kids) would be here now if it wasn't for them, and with OH, it was only last week he had his stents so very recent. Watched the BBC programme about the NHS and saw someone who'd had a heart attack having a stent fitted, moved OH to tears

Made expensive Mary Berry chocolate cake for sister's birthday and it's looking good so far (not done the fudge icing yet). Was super efficient with the oven and managed to do jackets for tea yesterday and a curry for tonight, to save electricity

The bird song is still deafening and very very wonderful

Took dogs out early and (adopted) pug went so crazy running with a couple of lurchers that I was worried about heat stroke even at that time, as I know it's a problem with pugs. Thankfully he was fine and he had such fun, our little cocker loved it too and had a great run and play, but I know he's more robust!

Free-with-magazine hollyhock seedlings which I foolishly sowed in a heatwave are germinating well, in the shadiest corner of the garden
    June GC £218.09/ £300; July GC Target £250 -177.79/ £72.21
    July NSD target 7/10
    July Bring Your Lunch to Work Target 8/13
    Buy a used car/ get out of PCP cycle fund £400/£2400
    Cashback YTD £3.05/ claims 'on ice' for £7.50 untracked cashback
    • LaineyT
    • By LaineyT 6th Jul 18, 8:31 AM
    • 2,211 Posts
    • 27,450 Thanks
    LaineyT
    Thursday pleasures,

A day without power, planned outage, load of washing done and flask filled by cut off.

Washed down garden swing seat and cushions, it’s a favourite perch place for pigeons, then sat in the shade to read. Kept getting distracted by amount of bees on hedge blossom, honey and bumble, smashing.

Capt S couldn’t do much without t’internet so went out for lunch, riverside pub but too muggy to sit outside so enjoyed air conditioning inside. Had fish & chips, yum.

Tried to sit outside again at home but Thunderbugs drove us inside so had a snooze on sofa.

Baby bunnies enjoying the clover flowers on our lawn.
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 6th Jul 18, 9:11 AM
    • 12,092 Posts
    • 167,697 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    1) Being up at silly o clock when it was pink skied, soothingly cool and totally peaceful.

2) A few hours to myself during all that because He Who Knows decided to go fishing on the nearest lake, a beautiful spot with waterlilies and shady trees. I got so much house work and sorting out done too!

3) A gorgeous shower, time to do my hair without hurrying and pruning of nails which I always find makes me feel brighter.

4) Lovely long chat with DD1 early in the afternoon and another with DD2 as she drove home last night (she has blue tooth) so nice to share their days.

5) Looking for wallpaper online for one wall in the new lounge, somehow makes moving feel closer despite a few hiccups we're still sorting.
    Thumpers mum was right - if you can't find anything nice to say don't say anything at all!
    • Mrs Salad Dodger
    • By Mrs Salad Dodger 6th Jul 18, 11:39 AM
    • 795 Posts
    • 9,131 Thanks
    Mrs Salad Dodger
    OS pleasures since the 22nd June (in no particular order as my memory is not what it once was )

Meeting up with 5 biker friends & carrying on conversations from a year ago

Our organiser did it again - he picked marvellous hotels in both Belgium & Germany

Excellent food (especially the venison stew ) & copious amounts of cheap alcohol

Good weather for the whole trip

Sitting out in cafes with coffee & ice cream

Beautiful scenery, winding roads & the view that takes your breath away when you round a corner & a Moselle valley suddenly appears

Seeing large hawks circling above the woods

Using the swimming pool, jacuzzi & steam rooms in the hotel

Taking the time to have proper conversations with our organiser (a very stressed children!!!8217;s social worker) - I so admire him as I couldn!!!8217;t do his job for love nor money - I would not have the patience & unfortunately I have realised finally that in that line of work always thinking the best of people is not necessarily that conducive to helping the children

Doing the laundry with the other two ladies halfway through the holiday - you have to pack light when two up on a motorbike - chance to have coffee & cake

Going into a bar in Germany because of the 80!!!8217;s English music & discovering it was a gay bar & that I could smoke indoors in the cool

Lots of laughter

Spending a couple of days with DB, DSisil & two nephews in Germany & getting to know all of them better (only see them once a year ) but planning to do better

Watching the antics of their menagerie - dog, 2 cats, 2 guinea pigs & 15 chickens/chicks (now plus ten chicks born a couple of days ago)

Coming home to an hm Shepherds Pie compliments of my DSis

Still gloriously hot & sunny here in the U.K. so being able to sit in the garden watching the birdies & squirrels & seeing the bat again

Two 10 minute bursts of fireworks from the Thames over the last two nights

Doing all my holiday washing & being able to line dry

Window cleaner turning up today

DSis finding out she is lactose intolerant, converting to lactose free milk & instantly feeling better (even if she does hate the heat )

Winning £50 from ERNIE (DH won £75) - I can see a couple of afternoons out having lunch & drinks

Just generally feeling happy with life

Reading other people!!!8217;s pleasures

MrsSD

P.S. Seeing fields of butterflies
    Last edited by Mrs Salad Dodger; 06-07-2018 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Omission
    • ampersand
    • By ampersand 6th Jul 18, 12:53 PM
    • 8,446 Posts
    • 32,885 Thanks
    ampersand
    Fandabby catch-up post, mrs sd. Emphatic &agreement nods to quite a no. of your osps.
    lady bopsie - was it this one?
    https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/products/cowrie-bay-hawkes-bay-merlot/520027-593761-593762
    Still at £74.9, which is good. Read the notes, ref. to &osts passim, re: final childhood home, Greenmeadows, with Mission Vineyards up behind and the Sugarloaf for trekking up and sliding down on empty fertilliser bags. Crikey, it's a ''Reserve'' now,whaaa....???
    https://www.napier.govt.nz/napier/parks/reserves/sugar-loaf-reserve/:
    #
    1. V. poor Spits yesterday after later than last-min respositioning of so many of us, already unloaded and ferrying in to usual spots pre-5a.m. Snarl and horribles.. Day wiped its face, dg, but... Tribeca's Get Rid prog. squeezing us more and more, worsened with late arvo missive, pretentiously written on headed paper by someone unused to 'official' letter-writing, pompously telling all 'to be completely removed from site by 6pm on the following dates' beginning yday. har-har-di-blurrrrty-ha - many darts and worse were made. Ludicrumminess ignored. So, &'s forthcoming absence, vaguely stated 'till August' feels like relief aujourd'hui, all the above notwithstanding.
    Now, that was a nice cathartic wee ranty, think I'll call it 'osp 1':-) - and will still be putting £££s in Bank shortly.

2. 2 ncds and 2 nsds this week, with tutoring tiny £s tonight, with which & covers w/e and as much beyond as poss. However, & buys various texts for tutees, too, like The Phanton Tollbooth tonight, for all 3.

3. Furher not osp warning, not ranty though - down to storage to sort for Spits. Opened doors, new lock fine. Aware-ish of old waspy nesty point on left, vaguely noted overturned paua shell shape. Wrong, &. Went to move it - solid and cemented. Looked again, just as more wasps poured out. Hasty but calm retreat, unstung. Note left for person to deal with but no reply so far, which is very out of character. Suspect Scottish hols. Have emailed, just in ase, but want little car mattress from deep back of storage within next few days. Fingers x'd.

3. Strip-picked half of white currants left by birdies. Most are 1 or 2 on ends of rames, either unripe at raid time or too hidden.. Plenty of poopsie leaves prove frequent visits:-) Barely a dozen red currants. Bushes grow down by compost . & not major fan, while knowing their usefulness, so now think of them as birdie treats. Like slug tunnels, through ALL strawbs. Forgot Stargazer lilies were in. Now blooming 1st time, fragrant stunners, 3 heads so far.
    https://www.rhsplants.co.uk/plants/_/lilium-star-gazer/classid.1000000398/
    And 1st day lily here, too. Actually turned hose on low when in from Spits, c. 1a.m. Off at 6. All necessary this year. Birdie replenishings, all clean+change necessaries, also done with early sit-out, qtrd orange, almond croissant, cappuccino, and a bit more baby blankie crochet done[post passim]. How come it's suddenly this many speeding clox? thinks &:-)

4. Em tkt conf. finally here for Fenner's Match with dear Blowers etc on Sunday. Happy to pay ancient person £12, but £30 otherwise would have been another think....charity match though it is. Will enjoy. Fullstop:-)

5. Feeling pleasure replacing various concerns re: next week's planning, loading and journey, Another >5k km this time :-) Love it, mostly.
    #
    Happy tgif to those for whom it's a 'YESSSSS!'
    Last edited by ampersand; 07-07-2018 at 11:52 PM.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT&BUDGET HELP:01274 760720, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 6th Jul 18, 3:39 PM
    • 7,873 Posts
    • 23,431 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    Hullo all!
    I would stop & comment but RL has been insane and I even got rained on this week, so have decided to take the weekend to recover from the shock.
    Besides which, to follow ampersand is tough.

OS Pleasures recently
    There's something about a Full English that leaves me roundly happy. Accepting of the need for more gym time but happy!

Husband has just twigged third pair of glasses. And, finally, youngest.... "You can't wear Star Wars glasses to work!" - can, have, will. Geeks together, far more appreciative than family! [Much...!]

Accidentally caught Desert Island Disks & John Mottram - far more interesting bloke than I'd realised!

Someone painted a zebra crossing on a junction I cross daily & it's taken me two days to notice. Thank you Fates!

Cheerfully abusing the entire male gender while discussing hot sauce. Still, if it makes the lad happy... [Oh it does - the happydance is charming!]

Youngest & father found a Ted Baker Endurance suit for £8.50 (Prom this Friday) & eldest has already been given permission to borrow it for job interviews. Youngest looks seriously well dressed & rightly pleased! I'm somewhat poleaxed. [Been, gone, photos circulated to elderly female relatives - job's a good 'un & now eldest has an interview he too may wear That Suit.]

"Oooh wet" son strolls across carefully shampooed carpet...

Brother scout leader delighted to hear there is such a thing as a Bagpuss soundtrack album & planning to acquire same. (Leading grown men astray, shame on me.)

Father Brown! And more teapot spotting... (I'm a pot geek, it's dreadful!)

Travelling to Nottingham I find myself wondering about a colleague who used to be based here & his family. (Ours was a scattered team, but we bonded over origami by phone & herbal teabag 'watercolours'.) The afternoon a server crashed and I coaxed thirty bored staff into hunting down an FT & folding Pink Elephants remains a glorious memory!

Feeling sorry for Andy Murray. To miss Wimbledon must be almost as painful as the ongoing rehab.

So happy to hear all young footballers on cave found alive & well, just <gulp> will be a heck of a job getting them out. Flooding caves are a very challenging environment.

Little lass on the train has never seen a nostepinne in use... I'm the on board entertainment & even more intriguing than her iPad!

Welsh rail announcements. Lilting shipping forecast type info that is both reassuringly familiar and completely strange. Still haven't learned my platform numbers yet!

Sweatshirt logo "better to be a wolf of odin than a lamb of god" - as a passionate advocate of Lancashire hotpot, fatten the lamb says I...

Fellow trainer boggled slightly as I tugged teapot from workbag & enquired "Earl Grey, mint or builders?" - We'd both lifted Earl Grey from our hotels so sipped on that all day. Non-tea drinking colleague slightly bemused, but having a pot ready does good things for morale. Class went fine.

I'm in Cardiff & it's raining. Something of a shock. Each day I hike past a court & prison & the court has an amazing mosaic. The inscription says 'nessaf y gellit y'r wiryoned a iawnder' (as near as may be to truth and justice) and it comes from the Laws of Hywel Dda (880-950). Impressive!

Trying not to laugh (or cry) at the Kafka paperback on the desk in the training unit kitchen.

British rail rerouting trains - I may be home before midnight after all! Bless 'em All At Stafford, who encouraged us (all along the platform!) to ignore the computer announcement & hop up & board! Came home to admire a small planet visible in the night sky - then eldest decided to stroll over & eclipse the known universe by hugging me. What I call a welcome!

The dehydration hangover is responding well to tea. The rest of life, not so much, but the headache fine!

A dozen bright orange nasturtium flowers and buds for more! Bless the little things, even my dreadful seed storage & murky thumbs have been triumphed by their cheerful generosity!

It is not a sign of moral weakness & general degeneracy to yearn for, devour & enjoy every lick of a mcdonalds hamburger. It's the making a habit of it & going large that isn't quite the ticket.

Right. Many thanks for all your hard work Raffles - the yellow stuff has left me passed out on washed & line dried sheets, something I only really appreciated when I woke up on them.
    Parasols, abundant hydration, cooperative trains (& other forms of transport), ongoing blessed gentle reminders from those who've gone ahead, health, strength, love, courage & still further hydration to all as have need, safe & happy travels & welcome returns to all!
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 6th Jul 18, 4:01 PM
    • 12,092 Posts
    • 167,697 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    6) The people we're buying from rang us at lunchtime, dear old He Who Knows had written a letter to them last week because the EA has been refusing to put us in touch with them and they couldn't be nicer. Come up next week to meet us and chat through what we're leaving etc. was the invite and we now know they're buying a smaller new build in an adjacent market town and leaving all the curtains. Happy days and one BIG worry off the list.
    Thumpers mum was right - if you can't find anything nice to say don't say anything at all!
    • mhagster
    • By mhagster 6th Jul 18, 9:30 PM
    • 2,991 Posts
    • 34,995 Thanks
    mhagster
    Hello and another beautiful day here. Again slightly cooler though still warm just not hot!

Lovely doggy walk first thing with a friend and her schnauzer who is not one bit interested in H

Went down our woods, with a bag packed and a blanket under arm. Plonked ourselves on the castle lawn and I just relaxed for a couple of hours. DD & GN went off wandering and came back with daisies so we made daisy chains. niece joined us and then we went into town and parked where we didn't need to pay but had to walk a bit but that was fine.

I got a pair of dungarees and jeans for £1 each in a tiny little charity shop I've discovered. Loved the bargains not so much the b-itching that was going on by 3 staff about another. Niece and I just looked at each other in horror!

Picked my car up from castle and GN and I went a-puppy visiting whilst DD & niece came back and washed her car. She doesn't have a driveway so was delighted ...until she saw the big bird poo afterwards!

The silence after a chatterbox' visits is always welcome! Lovely to see her but lovely to say goodbye too!

Nice chat with sister and then friend on phone.

Had a mini snoozette/ read on garden sofa.
    • Frith
    • By Frith 7th Jul 18, 12:39 AM
    • 4,586 Posts
    • 43,394 Thanks
    Frith
    Pleasures for today (Friday).

1) Maybe a degree cooler? It felt like it, but thermometer still said 29 degrees.

2) Hens OK.

3) Bumped into my sister in Sainsburys so had a cup of tea with her.

4) A lazy day. Bigger son was picked up 10ish after staying up all night at an after prom party so he slept most of the day.

5) Bigger son went to his hotel job 6-10pm. He's been given 3 shifts next week.

6) In bed now and about to listen to the radio.
    Odd fact: the inventor of nominative determinism was called Trevor Nominative - Determinism. :-)
    • LaineyT
    • By LaineyT 7th Jul 18, 7:00 AM
    • 2,211 Posts
    • 27,450 Thanks
    LaineyT
    Friday pleasures,

A cup of strong coffee after a disturbed night’s sleep.

Into Uni City for a haircut, now have tan lines at back of head

Tasty ham hock salad for lunch.

Managed the first half of afternoon footie game but got fed up with dirty shenanigans so headed over to the stables, horse girlie dozing in shade so groomed her in paddock and let her be, too hot for either of us to do much.

Second game much better and now all European finals, Neymar’s diving may have cost his team a penalty but hey, that’s karma for you!

Not a breeze to be had so fan brought downstairs, little dog lay down in front of it and promptly fell asleep, she is due a haircut in a couple of weeks which will probably bring about an abrupt drop in temperature.

Strawberries and chocolate ice-cream, would say at least a third of daily calorie allowance is currently being used up by dairy loveliness, still, it’s summer after all
    • villagelife
    • By villagelife 7th Jul 18, 7:35 AM
    • 1,436 Posts
    • 15,886 Thanks
    villagelife
    For the last couple of days.

1. Enjoyed walk to bus stop and back. Coming home bus didn't stop at bus stop but small way down the road immediately outside another passengers house. This particular driver always does it for him.

2. Not reacting to an email sent to everyone but critical of a decision I made. The decision was made for personal reasons and does not affect mine or anybody else's work.

3. Spent yesterday at Hampton Court. Enjoyed walking about and didn't buy very much and only on planned purchase.

4. Managed to park at station for free and train is free. The train seemed very quiet.

5. Came back on boat from Hampton Court to Westminster. A trip i hadn't dine before. Very enjoyable trip.
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 7th Jul 18, 9:38 AM
    • 12,092 Posts
    • 167,697 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    1) Sleeping fairly well last night despite the heat.

2) Lovely evening walk with Cookie yesterday the temperature was so comfortable after the hot day, she was comfy too which is really what it's all about.

3) He Who Knows bless him has just steam mopped all the hard floors, house feels like a Turkish bath BUT floors look so much better.

4) He Who Knows taking our very large Swedish Flag down to Cookie's pub this morning in case they wanted to borrow it to even up support.....when they'd stopped laughing they debated and sense won so they said 'thanks but no thanks!'.

5) Picture on the phone of DD1s spare room that they are decorating in 'Minecraft' themed things for James's two boys, it looks superb and she's being very inventive and has made 'TNT' cushions on her sewing machine for them last night. I love that both the girls first thought is 'I can make one' rather than 'I can buy one'.

Can I add another one for today please?

6) The scent of the Old Mans Beard flowers that have grown up, over and through the conifers that are the boundary of the village car park and have all opened their little flowers in this beautiful warmth and are giving off a perfume to rival Chanel!
    Last edited by MrsLurcherwalker; 07-07-2018 at 1:50 PM.
    • house elf
    • By house elf 7th Jul 18, 10:06 AM
    • 760 Posts
    • 10,217 Thanks
    house elf
    Good Morning People,

Lainey I love the sound of the bees. I would like to host a bee hive, now we don’t have small children, but I have not had any luck finding anyone locally.

Yesterday

1. Day off school.

2. Travelled down to watch DS2 in Field Gun Challenge at Portsmouth. Great day organised by the Navy. Very exciting competition. Team work, effort, in heatwave conditions.

3. DS2 was calling the drill and has lost his voice!

4. DS2 lead the team out on the final parade. Very proud Mummy and Daddy.

5. Took DS2 to Nando’s for tea. His favourite.

Stayed over in Portsmouth and going to Dockyards with Clubcard points today. DS2 is exhausted. Hope he will be ok.

Have a lovely day
    Synchro Mums - 'Changing the world one sequin at a time' Lady GaGa
    'We have more in common than that which divides us.' Jo Cox
    • Blackbeard of Perranporth
    • By Blackbeard of Perranporth 7th Jul 18, 10:59 AM
    • 5,183 Posts
    • 31,115 Thanks
    Blackbeard of Perranporth
    When Saturday Comes!
    Brazil

BoP has had his usual snorker fest this morning! Just bin inn town with BoPsie. Nibbles inn. Wobbleades inn. Strawberries inn. Quiche inn. Feet going up. Ready.

PM2DD Finger nails chewed. Ready!
    Score Later!
    Commemorate Celebrate Inspire
    #RAF100 A century of service!
    • ampersand
    • By ampersand 7th Jul 18, 7:15 PM
    • 8,446 Posts
    • 32,885 Thanks
    ampersand
    Calling all Blackbeards of Perranporth, all Ladies of that Styling, this Special Blazon is brought NOBLY to you by &, of preference ballon OVALE:
    ~ In that it Concerneth Game of Ballon r-o-nd, when Albions Onze failed to pick up ballon and run down t'other end, TWO TIMES.
    ~ during which, vexillology flailed in display of Ordinaries and Achievements and Marshalling Double Ultimate, Vking tincture Azure et Or Quailed and Thus Failed
    #
    As & is aware that said ballon r-o-nd,is of so little mind to Raffles, she is whispering this matter to him, as reward for yet another gorgeous day of yellow. Love it. Love it. Love it.
    Up to Raffles whether or not he mentions it.
    Last edited by ampersand; 07-07-2018 at 9:19 PM.
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• mhagster
    • By mhagster 7th Jul 18, 7:47 PM
    • 2,991 Posts
    • 34,995 Thanks
    mhagster
    Just lost a post!

Up early.

Discovered the Bletchly Circle on catch up,so watched that.

Had a bath.

Did a shop.

Popped into friends with puppy...were there for a while.

Read/ snoozed on garden sofa...I do so want to read but then doze off!

Finished library book.

Quiet evening.
    • ampersand
    • By ampersand 7th Jul 18, 11:41 PM
    • 8,446 Posts
    • 32,885 Thanks
    ampersand
    Big day. Cool and lush now. Combining going on everywhere, so loads of grain dust.

1. Early morn/dawn out back with new-washed hair, circa 5bells, amid what was quick-massed birdy mob demand for brekkers. Done. And fresh baths and drinks. Done. All used at once.

2. Was exceeding cross about - listening, Lainey? - a [so-called] parking penalty from emporium anpr dolts, Britannia. Was heading>emporium for &rovince Cowrie Bay NZ red and other, so...late arvo, asked that mgr be called. He wisely accepted &'s invitation to squelch erroneous emporium way. AND[importantly] to her dictation, + criss-crossing ems and proofs every which way. Essential with such barstewards, as & knows from years on appropriate threads on mse. Reminded mgr of their rpt banana stock ruptures during that week, which caused &'s delay, f&v mgr was expecting Normal Stock Resumption .i.e. delivery, within the hour and then?????.......didn't happen. Bananas ARE back now,
    All sorted, correctly, or Britannia will be legally sued.
    3. & is totally non-M&S, but Spain wants 20 of their Harvard Body Splash. &, in town of gown for Bank, next trots to collect said items, marked 'available' and 'set aside'. Then spent over another bluttery wastery hour in that stewpit place. Nothing there. Just got worse and worse. Mind you, they took &'s £60 fast and efficiently enough, didn't they?. Absolutely useless. Refund was 'not working'. Quelle surprise, not. Then systems 'couldn't cope'. Have managed to[maybe]locate 11 to collect, arriving [maybe? Better!] Nmkt, Tuesday....yup, advance paid again. On verra. Pleasure the Third, therefore....this Rant:-) Uk's lurve affair with this lot is inexplicable>&.

4. Glass of icy cold milk late last night.

5. Read about this on Park and Ride bus and have booked. Tkt printed, yaaaay!!!
    https://leagueofgentlemen.live/
    #
    Fenners Match with Blowers at noon tmrw. Shd fit perfectly with 10bells HC. Yes, another lovely day likely demain :-))))))
    Bonne nuit to all. with more thanks to Raffles.
    Last edited by ampersand; 08-07-2018 at 12:03 AM.
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

130Posts Today

1,603Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Donald Trump has apologised and admits he said would when he meant "wouldn't" when siding with Putin over US inte? https://t.co/z1CRJSkEO1

• About to watch #AckleyBridge on C4+1. I do enjoy it, even though I always feel somewhat stressed and depressed after watching.

• RT @stevenowottny: 19/30 UK airports now charge you for spending 10 mins dropping someone off at the terminal - good investigation from @je?

• Follow Martin