PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Comments

• mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,155
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 16 November 2017 at 6:39AM
    Good morning ! Sounds a bit wet out there. Shall stay snuggled up a bit longer. ( have ventured as far as back door with dog then fed him)

Well my Wednesday was a busy one. I had intended to paint. I did not paint. Today I must paint.

However I did have some nice dog walks. Last two days I have came off the country lane to join the main road and been splashed from head to toe by an @rse of a driver going through a puddle! Same place. Twice! I have now learned!

More recycling. More boxes emptied and yet more recycling and car loaded for another run this morning.

Fed the birds and watched the birds and then watched them nip in and out of a tiny hole in house behinds wall...I think they were extracting cavity wall insulation. They were like a tag team. Once flew in, grabbed, flew out, passed it on to another and then flew back in again. So some wee sparrow family are going to be cosy!

Tidied my bedroom. It's now as it should be...just to keep it this way :)

Put a washing on so it could dry when heating was on in the evening. I would always just have done it in the morning and then had a little light bulb moment!

Cleaned all the bathrooms, washed all the floors...anything but to start painting!

Went to dinner at my friends. She was my boss many years ago and we've always been friends and stayed in touch. Dinner cooked in the aga, chatted round the open fire cat on my knee. Bliss! Was a bit nervy driving there but I did it! ( I hate night driving now) better on the way back.
    I don't like fish, we had trout! Waaaaaah! I ate it! Lovely potatoes and veggies and then a choccy pudding with ice cream. Lots of lovely chit chat .

Back home to my dog boy, his first evening alone. I've taken him out his crate , which is what he was always used to. Past couple of weeks had a dog bed in the crate and now he just has dog bed. He seems okay. It was taking up so much room in kitchen, whereas back home there was so much room it wasn't even noticed. He seems very happy and content here. However it sounds like it will be wet walks again today.

I must start painting today, yesterday I got as far as putting the appropriate clothes on and getting all the equipment together! But first a bit of a lie in!

Have a great Thursday :)

Ooh and I planted my spring bulbs too and moved my garden furniture around to how I wanted it rather than how removers had wanted it!
  • MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Sounds lovely, mhagster...all of it.

1. Working from home today so sat in my running gear with a cat at my feet catching up on OS with my cereal.
    2. Will go for a run round the park today. Lucky to live so close to a lovely big park.
    3. Food. Have prepped and gorgeous salad for lunch, dinner will be roasties (for little and large), spaghetti squash (for me) with veggie sausages and broccoli. Yummo. Also planning to get a cauliflower soup made for lunches tomorrow and Saturday, and will get bread maker going too.
    4. French class tonight. I enjoy it so much, but always feel under prepared compared to my classmates, most of which are about 40 years my senior and retired! Roll on xmas hols when I can catch up.
    5. Door chap coming over this pm. Can't wait for my new front door. Will be so cosy and warm!
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,610
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Wednesday pleasures,

Time spent researching for new WM and now ordered, due to be delivered next week. Got a deal with 3 years of extra guarantee for no charge :money:

Mini went through his MOT with no problems and more importantly, no sign of mice damage!!

Hack out with pal, chatting away when Lulu stopped dead, staring at ploughed field, couldn't see why and then all of a sudden a buzzard took off. It was camouflaged to our human eye but horses had spotted.

New to me recipe of mushroom and spinach bake, very tasty.

Reading in bed when text come through, eldest niece had won award in regional industry finals, have talented family members.

Happy Offsted day KK hope all goes well.
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Blackbeard_of_Perranporth Posts: 7,605
    Forumite
    edited 16 November 2017 at 12:15PM
    Skint. Alas I spent my money on wine, BoPsie and song!

5 Late at mill this morning and no it was not because of yesterday either. Hic! Dentist this day and again what can I say about eating properly. Another bright smile to start the day! Just a minor crack on a filling done that long ago it was unrecorded!

4 Sore Ted on the work for the new supplier of cotton for the mill. Thinks P E N SD I O N! Big Kick off next week. Usual rules!

3 Had curry with millwright last night. Curry was good ! talked about other things.

2 Nite could be a games night and BoPsie as you know is one win away from getting two on the bounce. More later.

Clear the decks
  • MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 16 November 2017 at 1:28PM
    Have another one. Sitting in my dining room, working on a document with the washing machine, dishwasher, bread maker and slow cooker all humming away doing work that - 50 years ago - I would have been bound to do painstakingly by hand. Instead I get to sit here immersing myself in another day of a career that fulfils me intellectually! What a time to be aliveeeee!

So I guess my pleasure, in this case, is NOT being Old Style ;)
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,946
    Forumite
    Yep, MandM - there's old style and there's stoopid... :p I don't mind hand baking bread (in fact I do, cos i make sourdough which requires a long time but minimum effort); find washing up quite cathartic - but no way would I hand wash everything...

Pleasures for yesterday

1. OH printed out my professional body assessments. saving time and effort
    2. autumn veg casserole from the freezer for tea - yum. I am not veggie but have drastically cut down on my meat consumption
    3. Builder came to give quote on new soil stack and boxing. he is likely to save us money from our original quote, but the work can't be done until february
    4. DD is ploughing through her room organisation. there's visible carpet and everything
    5. Went for lunch with bezzie. Good to catch up...

Have a good day all
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,878
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    hello or should I say marhabaan. most definitely warmer mhags
    5 for yesterday
    1) taxi arrived 5 minutes early (i do fret about that part of the journey) and we arrived in plenty of time at the airport
    2) club class lounge - had a wee spot of breakfast and topped up on flight down to heathrow
    3) lounge at heathrow, held back on the food but did have a cheeky glass of champagne
    4) flight to riyadh uneventful. Lovely food, a single glass of red with my beef to ensure sober arrival, and 3 films - Going in Style, My Cousin Rachel and Secret Scriptures. hostess came round saying we needed to stow our screens with 4 minutes to go - she let me watch it :-) bawled my eyes out (as i did when i read the book - beautiful book, beautiful film)
    5) driver waiting at the airport phew. one slight mishap at hotel - they didn't have a room (!) but then said they had one but it needed cleaning (!!) so finally got to bed at 1am Saudi time knowing i had to be down at 7am
    And for today
    1) Conference started at 8:30 with the opening ceremony at 11 then lunch at 12:30. All went to plan (and lunch was lish)
    2) my workshop was 1:30 - 4:30. not highly attended but then again it's not a huge conference and they have 8 streams(!) actually put like that 10 was pretty good going!
    3) a dental educationist from Saudi had asked if he could help - we did a good double act despite having only met 10 mins before the session (though i had sent him the ppt and activities). just as well - i'd put in 90 minutes and it was 3 hours in the programme!
    4) then amazing tour of Princess Nourah library - 5 million books on 6 floors with the most amazing mechanised book retrieval system
    5) and now back in my room drinking black tea with powdered milk from my suitcase (though they do supply a kettle). I have eaten the two rolls I took from the heathrow lounge in case i felt peckish. that means i won't need to find supper. am now listening to the archers.
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    1. Phew! I survived, now to wait for the outcome :)

2. NSD

3. Cuddles with DD and virtual hugs from KW. I had a sleepless night last night.

4. Planning to take KW with us to my brother's place for kitty cuddling. He'll love it there :)

5. Great colleagues, we worked our socks off today and still had some fun!
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,155
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    kittikins I'm sure you wowed them & hopefully they see what your silly HT doesn't .

Well I did start painting today, going from sludgy murky brown to white. I think will need 4 coats. I get very bored painting.

Dog walks .

Nipped to tesco after recycling. Got RTC quiche, mini scotch pies and half price cake all in freezer. We are having a welcome home party but shhhh it's a surprise ! So I'm stocking up!

Started putting pictures up on walls and draped fairy lights down my staircase. Feels more like home.

Niece, great niece and nephew in law came for tea. He put up my big mirrors & bargain oil painting from Australia.

Ticked off two of tomorrow's list already!
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    For the past couple of days.

1. DS2 finally feeling much better. Very concerned with pounding headache and taking anti sickness tablets in Wednesday morning. He was home alone so texted him almost hourly during the day.

2. My basic life support training is done. I have to do it yearly with work. It is easier to remember with each year.

3. Finished my book - cried at some points while reading it. Had to stop reading at times while on the bus to and from work.

4. Doing physio exercises. Not sure at moment how much good they are doing. At least I'm doing all I can.

5. DS1 girlfriend texting me. She seems to be making an effort to be friendly.

That's all. Not a lot but some.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure