Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • DundeeDoll
    • By DundeeDoll 18th Jul 17, 11:34 AM
    • 3,206Posts
    • 36,164Thanks
    DundeeDoll
    5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3
    • 18th Jul 17, 11:34 AM
    5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3 18th Jul 17 at 11:34 AM
    Ok I'm diving in as I've noticed several of us have lost posts we thought had posted, and there now seems to be a serious risk of losing the whole thread. So thanks for the heads up Karcher. (and i sympathise Frith - i too like to nip back)

I've revisited the first thread of our part 2, posted 28th October 2009. It said:
    Time for a shiny new thread The old one had got to 4500 odd posts which amounts to 22,500 OS pleasures (at least) It's so good to know that the OS life can be so rewarding.

I'll kick off the new thread.

1) Homemade bread and marmalade for breakfast.

2) A walk over the Malvern Hills to blow away the cobwebs.

3) Drying the washing outside- still, in October.

4) Watching mydaughter making a game out of sweeping the leaves with her friends.

5) The prospect of collecting a big order of meat from the butcher this morning and having my freezer full for less.
    Originally posted by thriftlady
    Part 2 went on considerably longer so many many more pleasures. And of course life stories shared, support given, tears of sorrow and joy shed. Part 2 I shall miss you, but here's to part 3.
    Last edited by DundeeDoll; 18-07-2017 at 11:40 AM.
Page 104
    • mcculloch29
    • By mcculloch29 7th Feb 18, 8:27 PM
    • 4,771 Posts
    • 47,173 Thanks
    mcculloch29
    Unfortunately McMafia didn't appeal, Peaky Blinders was my dose of gratuitous violence series, and that's only because Mum in law was in it.
    Thanks to all the interest in Jessie, I've re-linked with my children's second cousin via FB. Her Dad was my proxy Dad in law, when my Dad in law died. Thrilled about this.

I said to her that a good storyline for the next - final?- series would be a gang of Glasgow brothers coming down to Birmingham. Jessie falls for Walter (FiL), and Tommy gets green eyes. Walter would be James McAvoy, but I wondered who would play her Dad.

Her reply made me laugh -"I would suggest Idris Elba, but I think there may be casting issues".
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
    • Frith
    • By Frith 7th Feb 18, 10:18 PM
    • 4,534 Posts
    • 42,919 Thanks
    Frith
    I don't know if I can do apostrophes or not? Isn't it possible? My computer's keyboard...

Pleasures for today (Wednesday).

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Bigger son's transformation since Black Friday continues. Today he went to college without complaint, got a different bus from there to my sister's, helped carry furniture in, chopped 2 dead trees down and left me with a massive pile of logs, was helpful and cheerful and carved 2 spoons!

3) Smaller son had his turn to be awful at home this morning then at school. Behaviour points accumulated for more rudeness and messages (from son) for me to collect him early today. I said no so he rubbed his face with an elastic band (he's allergic to latex, so not as random as it sounds!) thinking I would pick him up if he had a swollen face and itchy eyes but no, I didn't! I was secretly a bit startled by such cunning. A meeting awaits for me at school. :-/

4) Hens well and another egg.

5) Had a bit of a tidy up after a few days of serious painting etc at my sister's new house. Washing, my bed changed, floors hoovered and steamed etc.

6) Banana pancakes for breakfast, hummus and salad for lunch and veg chilli (HM from freezer) and cauliflower rice for tea.

7) Stove is working much better now bigger son has mended the air intake at the top (another of his helpful jobs) so it is 25 degrees downstairs despite no central heating, draughts, solid walls and so on.

8) Watched Holby.
    Odd fact: the inventor of nominative determinism was called Trevor Nominative - Determinism. :-)
    • Mrs Salad Dodger
    • By Mrs Salad Dodger 7th Feb 18, 10:53 PM
    • 735 Posts
    • 8,467 Thanks
    Mrs Salad Dodger
    Hi everyone,

My OS pleasures for today

1. Having brought ALL my & DH’s clothes downstairs, the sorting etc is going reasonably well - had 6 x two foot high piles reduced to 3 If they are being kept, they are ironed & put away immediately. The rest are either Rag bagged or cs’d. I must say having it all in front of you & seeing it reducing is wonderful

2. Spare room now has a blind & the curtain pole is up - beginning to look ‘spiffing’

3. DSis phoned - DBro has been packed off back to Germany. She also received the box of tea bags I posted last week Still quite cheerful which means I can be cheerful without feeling guilty

4. DH treated us to curry tonight - so tomorrow’s dinner is sorted! Yum yum!

5. Reading everyone else’s pleasures.

Good night

MrsSD
    • Purple kitten
    • By Purple kitten 7th Feb 18, 11:30 PM
    • 1,854 Posts
    • 20,456 Thanks
    Purple kitten
    1 I was up early so we made use of the time and went out, to the garden centre for planned needed soil, we have a houseplant mould problem so have to change the soil in all as we tried sterilising and it came back, hard work to do but I didn’t want to lose the plants. DH also found something to use as something else. I nearly fainted at some of the prices thou.

2 DH went off to get keys cut while I caught up with SIL again on text, and wrote out a birthday card to her son, nice I remembered for once.

3 I complimented a biscuit place as I mentioned they worked well at the wake and they very kindly sent a free box. Happy days..

4 We popped over to the local fruit and veg stall for peppers and cawli and pondered around the cheap shops wilko and b&m for other bits we forgot we needed.

5 The birds and squirrel! are all restocked.

6 We had lunch out at a cafe and it was delicious chicken salad with chips, and we could walk it off after.
    • LaineyT
    • By LaineyT 8th Feb 18, 9:03 AM
    • 2,135 Posts
    • 26,311 Thanks
    LaineyT
    Wednesday pleasures,

Soaked oats with almond milk for breakfast, milk makes me feel eurgh if eaten first thing so glad to have found alternative.

Recycled an unwanted futon and moved some furniture around, change etc.

Out for lunch at a new RB brassiere in pal's home village, lovely to catch up with my friends but food was expensive for what it was and service a tad lacking

Have a vase of daffodils on the dining room mantle piece and can smell them when walk past.

Silent Witness, is it just me that thinks this series isn't as good as previous ones...
    • Blackbeard of Perranporth
    • By Blackbeard of Perranporth 8th Feb 18, 12:09 PM
    • 5,092 Posts
    • 30,597 Thanks
    Blackbeard of Perranporth
    Up and down
    DD. I normally shorten that word to the first five letters and add an s. I could not do it here!

5 Only yesterday BoP forewarned you that his investments had hit rock bottom and he was expecting to work another month just to get back what was lost! And like the number 9 bus, along comes kick back and over half of the days loss has been made up already. If you were affected yesterday and banged out, tuff! In financial terms this is known as a dead cats bounce. If you have watched Mr Deeds on Flick Nets as well, you would understand how a cat can bounce as well!

4 BoPsie has been given freedom of the town this morning as she is having coffee and other girl things. No toenails are expected to be painted! No doubt I will get the gossip. On buck of farce front, one girl has expressed how dire this date of internet thing is. Although BoP has been off market for over nearly thirty two years, there appears to be some … Avoid!

3 As BoPsie is in town today, and that meant nicking BoP’s wheels of steal, BoP had to pack his own lunch box and it is well packed this morning! More cheese, more Bourneville, more salad, and snorker rolls. Tum is being well rubbed! Proper foods, and packed to the gunnels! Not going to starve today!

2 Morrow the room of dine for the house will be finished painting, and all BoP will has to do is put up the curtains! Then the floor goes inn next weak and that is it for the year! Come easter we can watch the buffuns at the DiY centre collect paint and …

That is all for today in this version of the Life of BoP
    Commemorate Celebrate Inspire
    #RAF100 A century of service!
    • VJsmum
    • By VJsmum 8th Feb 18, 3:52 PM
    • 5,175 Posts
    • 76,156 Thanks
    VJsmum
    Afternoon al

Pleasures for yesterday

1. OH finished painting the lounge. S'nice
    2. Good interview in London
    3. Good trip to London - it was a 3 rosti, 2 egg, 2 coffee breakfast. My favourite kind
    4. Sweet potato mac and cheese for tea - we are trying for two veggie meals a week minimum
    5. Walking to the station at daybreak - birds chirping, sun peeking through, bit of a glisten on the ground. Was lovely

have a good evening all
    You're out with a friend in the capital, I'm a thousand leagues under the sea
    You're hovering worriedly over your eggs, And I'm pondering trees
    I'm wandering long, And I'm pondering trees
    For you and me
    Guy Garvey
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 8th Feb 18, 3:58 PM
    • 11,811 Posts
    • 164,009 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    1) Good runs to and from DD1s.

2) Being back home again after a not very restful might in a hotel.

3) Finding an amazing house that has the best and biggest kitchen I've been in barring stately homes.....down side...very little garden.

4) Walking round the small market town where it's situated and finding some really lovely friendly people in shops who were so welcoming.

5) Best if smallest pleasure was meeting 2 x Wolf Hound puppies when we went exploring the local walk round the lake, almost 5 months old, totally hairy, big footed and long tailed wonderfulness.....Mulligan and Bodkin you are fantastic!!!
    Thumpers mum was right - if you can't find anything nice to say don't say anything at all!
    • mcculloch29
    • By mcculloch29 8th Feb 18, 5:53 PM
    • 4,771 Posts
    • 47,173 Thanks
    mcculloch29
    1) Good runs to and from DD1s.
    3) Finding an amazing house that has the best and biggest kitchen I've been in barring stately homes.....down side...very little garden.
    Originally posted by MrsLurcherwalker
    I said that about our garden, when we moved in thirty years ago, but since arthritis visited, I've never been so grateful. Either a local gardener or my grandson can do all that needs doing in a couple of hours. Obvs, I hope you stay arthritis free and can enjoy a large garden, but food for thought?

1. The first ever totally perfect piece of extended (100 word +) writing from any one of my clients. 69 years old, too.

2, Lovely night at the live music club.

3. Tummy behaving, and I could enjoy my food. No cheese here, so I ended up with two pizza rosso for tea yesterday. Thanks to an Am@zon Pantry delivery I have more sundried tomatoes for the next one. This service is so useful, restocked me with all sorts of little bits and introduced a bit of variety that I wouldn't have had otherwise. I have to buy four items from a particular selection for free postage, so once again I got to try things I wouldn't have normally bought. This time it was golden syrup flavoured Weetabix and some high protein cereal bars. I love the Weetabix. The golden syrup flavour means they still taste lovely without sugar.

The Am@zon Pantry service is exclusive to Prime members, but I easily save the money I would have spent in postage in just twenty or so Prime purchases, so the subscription is a no brainer.

4. The lovely surprise of an unexpected book in the post. Thank you once again!

5. Your pleasures, thank you.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
    • Purple kitten
    • By Purple kitten 8th Feb 18, 6:51 PM
    • 1,854 Posts
    • 20,456 Thanks
    Purple kitten
    1 A recommended chap came around to measure up for new front and back doors. Very decisively we made our choices and he’s going to let us know the price, I hope it’s in budget, and its nice to have things moving along, a composite front door and upvc stable back door.
    2 Walked to the post box to send off some paperwork about DF.
    3 The police came back around tonight, nice that they are taking it seriously.
    4 I made more leeway on the bedroom, more things moved to their rightful places, 4 pillows made up for the bed which is semi visible, and 4 bags of rubbish created. Still a long way to go but we are creating space for bits of DF’s quality furniture its nice to keep in the family.
    5 Our 4-legged children happy we are starting to restore “normal” helping put up cctv.
    6 pasta and veg with chopped rtc snorkers is a grab and run tea.
    7 The lovely biscuit people sent a massive box of 200 biscuits, packed in handy individual packs of 2, with a note saying hope you get a chance to enjoy these.

Not a pleasure I dropped everything, rang the vets and batted off as they are a commute away, I always dread these things as so far, I’ve never just had a you’re a paranoid parent visit, I would rather just be paranoid!

I noticed one of our little uns just wasn’t right and when you notice you have to act fast in these guys. They think he’s got a heart infection or problem, he has a temperature and has been admitted into vet hospital with his mate to try and keep him good company. I’m worried sick they will be doing fluids and antibiotic injections tonight, I can phone tomorrow after 10am, as opposed to camping out on the floor there!
    • Mhagster
    • By Mhagster 8th Feb 18, 9:36 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 231 Thanks
    Mhagster
    For today :
    Damp but mild.
    Very muddy dog walk and had to watch each step as so slippy. But I stopped to take in what was around me. Do an immediate 5 good things. Saw birds nests in the trees I haven't noticed before.

Popped along to friend/ neighbours to borrow scales to weigh cases. Wee blether & then same when I returned them.

Walked a decent walk to mobile library as I will miss it when it's due in our street next. Books were due back.

My lovely girl is away back to Melbourne . Big long journey. A friend kindly took her to airport.

Her room has been very quickly transformed to a nice tidy one! Bedding changed. Hoovered. Damp dusted. Chair from my room & new to us bedside table from friends in situ...and the clothes airers! Looking very tidy. She is not very tidy but I love regardless!
    • VJsmum
    • By VJsmum 8th Feb 18, 10:39 PM
    • 5,175 Posts
    • 76,156 Thanks
    VJsmum
    Hope you are ok Mhagster xx

Pleasures for today

1. good walk to station on a bright sunny morning and a brisk walk back in the dark
    2 Did some work on train and exchanged many messages with other people, some to do with 3.
    3. Was offered several lots of work today - it's nice to be wanted LOL. Have accepted some
    4. Lunch in pub as part of a meeting - had beetroot hummus, spinach and sprouted grain baguette with tap water. Last of the big spenders - even though i wasn't paying. Was nice
    5. EDITED - happened upon a poem by Robert Frost which was lovely "two roads diverged in a wood and I - I took the one less travelled by".....

Sleep well all
    Last edited by VJsmum; 08-02-2018 at 10:52 PM.
    You're out with a friend in the capital, I'm a thousand leagues under the sea
    You're hovering worriedly over your eggs, And I'm pondering trees
    I'm wandering long, And I'm pondering trees
    For you and me
    Guy Garvey
    • Frith
    • By Frith 8th Feb 18, 11:08 PM
    • 4,534 Posts
    • 42,919 Thanks
    Frith
    Pleasures for today (Thursday).

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Busy morning getting jobs done - Sainsburys, charity shops, library.

3) Hens well.

4) Swept the garden after the massive log cutting of yesterday.

5) Popped down for a cup of tea at parents. We talked about the car crash outside last Friday night. The man who died was a paramedic, which explained why the people on duty were all so upset. :-( 3 lots of paramedics have stopped to leave flowers. One of the bunches of flowers and card is from my neighbours - the people that live in the house that now has a hole and a big crack in it. That made me quite sad for a while.

6) Took smaller son to play football with his friends and picked bigger son up at the same time (so he only had to go to nearest town by bus, rather than an extra half hour to our house).

7) Had smaller son's school cooking for tea - quiche.

8) Enjoyed watching the last episode of Hunted.

9) My sister, brother in law and niece moved into the new house properly today - first night there starting now!
    Odd fact: the inventor of nominative determinism was called Trevor Nominative - Determinism. :-)
    • DundeeDoll
    • By DundeeDoll 8th Feb 18, 11:35 PM
    • 3,206 Posts
    • 36,164 Thanks
    DundeeDoll
    5. EDITED - happened upon a poem by Robert Frost which was lovely "two roads diverged in a wood and I - I took the one less travelled by".....
    Originally posted by VJsmum
    One of my faves. A lovely masters student sent me an anthology of his work as a thank you. I was very touched.
    1) a day of meetings but all went very well and smiley people all round
    2) last of the slow cooked stew for lunch
    3) a card from USA - a thank you from mum of chap we put up last year when he was temporarily homeless. Brought a tear to the eye. Glad to help, but also realising how lovely a hand written card in the post is
    4) some left overs in fridge for tea
    5) managed to get review off. Ok sent 23:24 when deadline was 5 but I did get it in same day. And now i!!!8217;m bushed. Night all xxx

PS oh poo one apostrophe but still changed to !!!8217;
    Last edited by DundeeDoll; 08-02-2018 at 11:39 PM.
    For 2018 be kind, be courageous, and never ever eat pears
    • LaineyT
    • By LaineyT 9th Feb 18, 8:55 AM
    • 2,135 Posts
    • 26,311 Thanks
    LaineyT
    Oh Frith, that is sad re the paramedic.
    Nothing better than receiving something handwritten in the post DD

Thursday pleasures,

Avocado and tomato on toast for breakfast, 2 veg portions first thing has to be good.

Trip out to the dump with various bits, most of which went in recycling or for resale.

Then on to emporium for food shopping, Capt S was chuffed to find a gala pie in the rtc section, one of his favourites.

Lovely horse girlie behaved well in the school, one minor spook when pigeon flew up in front of her but made me jump too.

Watched final episode of Girlfriends, imho it's hot sillier as it's gone along so don't think will be catching a new series.
    • Blackbeard of Perranporth
    • By Blackbeard of Perranporth 9th Feb 18, 12:03 PM
    • 5,092 Posts
    • 30,597 Thanks
    Blackbeard of Perranporth
    Bounced
    5 Yet again you see that the cat does not bounce higher than he falls! Investment now stands at three weeks more proper work instead of the month I told you about on Wednesday! While BoP is on about cats, the show watched by BoP last year on Broadway! I has heard our Euro!!!!on entry. It sounds like someone has tied a brick to Raffles man parts and thrown him of a hot tin roof! Poor. We won’t win so don’t hold your breath! Avoid
    Wobbleade chits are still required to make up the shortfall. Please think of BoPsie’s housekeeping if you are worried, the less you send, the less she gets! Fact!

4 Talk inn of wobbleade chits, plenty were spent last eve in the wobbleade emporium! BoPsie had a chicken curry, not as good as BoP’s, and a sniff of wobbleade. BoP gorged on a big mixed grill! BoP had enuff wobbleades to quench the thirst of a lion, but as we are short of wobbleade chits, please think of BoPsie and her housekeeping.

3 All set inn the yard for the big day out the morrow at the Dump. Loads of rubbish to go there and we are going to carpet the place! Snorkers will be eaten as well. As we are short inn BoPsie’s housekeeping, no haricot has beens are available. I told you about BoPsie and her housekeeping, now please think of her please! Mushrooms are available as well! More from BoP tomorrow, with highlights of the run to the dump! On about communiques, the mill’s director of nonspeek has wrote to us all about nonspeek. Problemo is half of his words are cut from the email and the link did not work! Into the spam bucket it has gone. I think a further communique is due later! We now have communique 2, the words are visible but the link is missing! No more later as it is lunch now! And you should see BoP’s packed lunch box!

2 Nite BoP will gorge on a curry and a wobbleade while watching with BoPsie The Grand Tour. A Marilyn may also be watched!

If you have been affected reading this version of the life of BoP, then you can go and really get your knickers in a twist! Otherwise, on with your day, yous seen enuff of BoPs! On about the affected, there was a rush inn the car pool at the shepherd bovvy when it looked like snow. The spaces in the car park appeared as they left for home! Those made of sterner stuff wait until they are clear off the road before returning! The yellow thing has appeared!
    Commemorate Celebrate Inspire
    #RAF100 A century of service!
    • ampersand
    • By ampersand 9th Feb 18, 3:16 PM
    • 8,433 Posts
    • 32,784 Thanks
    ampersand
    Desktop thumpetties, as new &mob. has absented itself....somewhere, as remarked elsewhere[ykwya)))]. Doesn't reply, shine, when & calls.
    Now fearful of inadvertent rubbish day put outs of this new £119 thingy....

Further, & has just been told by mse bowers and towers, 'Your password is 1718 days old and has expired. Please choose another.'
    & has always had same p/w, since joining, June 2005.
    Am just doing this to see if things are working.
    Back later, after more Nokia3 seeking and Meriva fixing.
    Big steam blow en rte to Adbkes this a.m. Made it, in some terror, having knocked on door 2 roundabouts short of hospital, to ask if & might top up constantly empty radiator with water. Had just put last of on board antifreeze in.
    Had allowed loads of time to arrive, mixed with commuter crawl'n'stall.
    But this meant even more thirsties than constantly and recently usual...

Any Spits £s taken yday[poor], therefore likely to be swallowed up as fast as radiator liquids. Out to put more in now.

Add to which, wheel sheered off &'s B&D trolley, unfixable, doubtless under weight of the rustic lump of ancient/milliennium olive trunk chunk table...much admired, unsold as yet.

& is not J, who left her takings apron late arvo down in WC dames....gone when she realised moments later.... CCTV on stairs rising back up to ground level scanned without success. This is horrible for her.

Nor is & C, who had horrible start when going off to park car, post-offload....& and others having already found Brick Lane shut without notice well before 5 bells...and C then had car reverse into hers, along with much abuse.

& has quasi-fixed heating/hot water no show, but Vaillant[at least as repetitive as bop and proper foods:-))) ], is useless, deffo. NOT 'vaillant', by anyone's mockery of translation.

Has & broken Adbkes high power scanny doodah? Lovely ultrasound man spoke of loss of 4 medical secretaries [Sec. of State orders]for sake of new whizzbangery which doesn't always work and requires these practising experts to do that work - write, send letters+results - as well as their own....plus doubling no. of appts. Kingdom of not just the mad, but deliberate evil/causing harm, knowing, undercutting +fake news-upping, of good people, good work, the NHS.
    #
    osps therefore not exactly those, un-numbered.
    Off & goes, in hope of reaching town of horse and Muslim family lesson, head gasket unblown.
    Fenboys 1st thing Monday a.m.
    Happy toodles and pips to all,
    #
    ....along with a true pleasure, that dear Freddie helped & last night, seeing broken trolley minus one wheel.
    Also, & knew not what outcome@Adbkes today Still not entirely sure. Ultrascan gent excellent, has shown/explained 2 things straight - kidney blip growth, not cancer, but regular watch now necessary. Also stuck enlarged gallstone and 1 floating. Removal may be wise. Explains certain &ignores of recent mths. Googled, but & is not obese, never has been, eats/cooks bop-sensible, no cholesterol probs or any others ascribed, but the pain that woke & pre-crimbo and lead to middle-of-night Adbkes, was not one to ever know again. & has high pain threshold too, assisted by stubborn traits, after umpteen lady biz/caesarian/loss stuff over years

Lawks &, what are you doing to these osps?
    Leave. Now.
    Last edited by ampersand; 09-02-2018 at 4:05 PM.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT&BUDGET HELP:01274 760720, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 9th Feb 18, 3:48 PM
    • 11,811 Posts
    • 164,009 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    1) We have Cookie dog staying with us until next weekend, mum dad and family are off on their holibobs, lucky us!

2) Lovely goulasch soup flavoured with caraway for lunch, just right on such a raw cold day.

3) DD1 and lovely James are en-route to Berlin for a few days well earned holiday, they both work very long hours as teachers and get little time to themselves, nice to see them escape for a few days.

4) A nice warm lounge with the stove lit to come home to this afternoon after walking the hound.

5) Afternoon tea.
    Thumpers mum was right - if you can't find anything nice to say don't say anything at all!
    • Mhagster
    • By Mhagster 9th Feb 18, 5:46 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 231 Thanks
    Mhagster
    Good evening...it's still the tiniest bit light at 5.40pm and it's snowing. My password had expired after 5 whole days ! Not terribly impressed and still no reply to my previous MSE emails.

For today. Messages to and from DD as she arrived at Dubai. Another 2 hours and she will be in the land of far too much heat.

Joined a slimming club this morning ...met so many people I knew! Was a very sociable occasion. I'm at the heaviest I've been in ages. Shall give a club a go see if that motivates and encourages.

Walked to and from. Beautiful snowy morning. Big blue sky.

Hung washing out rather optimistically though was sunny and breezy and it's almost dry.

Met a friend for a lovely catch up this afternoon. Traffic was appalling coming back but ducked under the viaduct and went a different way home which I think was quicker.

DD2 poorly again with tonsillitis , sigh! Just waiting on date to get them out but they won't do if they're infected!

Just going to go and have a soak and then jammies on...rock and roll!
    • Purple kitten
    • By Purple kitten 9th Feb 18, 10:21 PM
    • 1,854 Posts
    • 20,456 Thanks
    Purple kitten
    Vjsmum I looked up the beautiful poem.

1 - 501 Sleep is overrated just because it calms and files away things, the pleasure being the kindle book that was able to move my thoughts. As I counted down the minutes to be able to call the vets they called. They have been able to improve him to the point they could give him some sedation for the x ray, we are optimistic, the x ray showed a heart infection, and it!!!8217;s also picked up another possible problem very early, he needs to recover from this first before the next can be treated. They want to keep him and his mate in another 24hours for more injections to make sure he!!!8217;s stable. I!!!8217;ve dug out a thank you card and choccies, in hopefulness of picking them up tomorrow.

502 I admit it, I went to Mr T late last night, as I wanted bits for the w/e but I don!!!8217;t like Friday shopping, I had missed all the healthy reductions but did end up with some bizarre reductions, so I got cooking bacon and oven bottom rolls full price for the weekend which was a total of £1.50, and mince pie reed air fresheners reduced from £8 to 80p, cranberry sauce with a years date to go for 27p. Passion fruits for 20p, blueberries for 50p to go with a rather large sponge iced celebration cake reduced to a pound and scones for 20p and erm flake chocolate cupcakes, and other bad chocolate which has made it!!!8217;s way to the freezer to at least be out of sight.

503 We received confirmation today that we are covered by the insurers, as I mentioned it!!!8217;s a smallish amount in comparison to large scale things, but that said DH is keen to get my wedding ring remade. Aww. They tried it on with one of the limits which we are only half way into the limit, but they said it was lower, so I scanned in the paperwork that show!!!8217;s we aren!!!8217;t even claiming for half of our limit rather than over what !!!8220;they think!!!8221; even though it!!!8217;s in black and white and from them!

504 It!!!8217;s taken me 3 days at 2 hours a day to dig my way over to the cupboard in the front bedroom, and 4 bags of rubbish, 3 bags recycling, 10 boxes for stuff in warranty to the loft, and all animal related clutter now taking up the entire office space.

505 DH wants to keep DFs good blankets, so they are running through the wash as I type and will be divvied up between the 2 cars for now.

506 I batch cooked for the first time since Christmas eve, it!!!8217;s been very useful having the freezers and nice to run them down to cycle it around, it was about 1kg of lean turkey mince with various kidney beans, garlic, onion, grated carrot and courgette, fresh tomato, we!!!8217;ll use it with wraps, rice, spaghetti and lasagnes.

507 Off volunteering time at a cub and scout event for 5 hours tonight, as DH really wants to - he is feeling cage rage and needs to socialise. It was nice but wow they are a whirling dervish.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

65Posts Today

2,585Users online

Martin's Twitter