Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • philagree
    • By philagree 17th Jul 17, 10:00 PM
    • 150Posts
    • 40Thanks
    philagree
    0 WOW
    Loveholidays.com hotel booking issue
    • 17th Jul 17, 10:00 PM
    0 WOW
    Loveholidays.com hotel booking issue 17th Jul 17 at 10:00 PM
    A relative has recently booked a hotel with loveholidays.com. On booking she paid extra for a superior room. However on arrival the room was not upgraded as described. She complained to the hotel who advised they didn't have rooms of the category she booked available.

On return she was advised that as she didn't contact the agent directly during the holiday, she has no right to compensation. Can anyone advise if the agent are acting appropriately?
Page 1
    • bigadaj
    • By bigadaj 18th Jul 17, 6:27 AM
    • 10,819 Posts
    • 7,147 Thanks
    bigadaj
    • 18th Jul 17, 6:27 AM
    • 18th Jul 17, 6:27 AM
    Probably should have contacted the agent at the time.

It can still be raised as a complaint as the hotel seem to be saying what she was offered and paid for wasn't actually available.

Logically then entitled to a refund for the difference in the upgrade.
    • AdrianWPerkins
    • By AdrianWPerkins 14th Sep 18, 4:18 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    AdrianWPerkins
    • 14th Sep 18, 4:18 PM
    • 14th Sep 18, 4:18 PM
    I was given a hotel/hostel for youth, I am 44 years old, this is a terrible deception and messed up my holiday to some extent. Also The hotel was far from central with the nearest shop like 5 stops on the metroline.
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 14th Sep 18, 4:21 PM
    • 11,550 Posts
    • 7,553 Thanks
    Caz3121
    • 14th Sep 18, 4:21 PM
    • 14th Sep 18, 4:21 PM
    I was given a hotel/hostel for youth, I am 44 years old, this is a terrible deception and messed up my holiday to some extent. Also The hotel was far from central with the nearest shop like 5 stops on the metroline.
    Originally posted by AdrianWPerkins
    was this an allocate on arrival deal or did you just not research the accommodation before booking?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

237Posts Today

2,885Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Thank you to the team at the Westen eye hospital a&e. I scratched my eye ball in my sleep, then woke up with pain.? https://t.co/VJMwQfsRxv

• I've just heard about the 8 month pregnant woman shot through the stomach by a crossbow. Its both evil and medie? https://t.co/hQTOxWiXhj

• Major new guide... Brexit, what it means for you and your finances: M mortgages, savings, flights, consumer rights? https://t.co/SXCMG2qXwX

• Follow Martin