Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • zippychick
    • By zippychick 13th Oct 14, 12:54 PM
    • 9,343Posts
    • 17,881Thanks
    zippychick
    Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.
    • 13th Oct 14, 12:54 PM
    Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting. 13th Oct 14 at 12:54 PM
    Hi, i've done the best I can to piece the weightloss information together - I hope it's okay for you all

As some of you know there's been some discussion lately on how to accommodate weight loss diets on the board. It was decided that the daily isn't the place for campaigns of any sort and that there was a very good weight loss thread on the I wanna board which would offer excellent support to anyone wishing to join.

The board guides have talked about this and we'd like to accommodate a weight loss campaign the OLD STYLE way here. However, in order for it to fit with the board, it should be about scratch cooking and healthy eating, NOT about where to get low calorie/fat ready meals cheaply or fad diets.

So, here it is. The Lose Weight the Old Style Way thread. This thread is for support in losing weight but in order to keep it true to the board - which is about money saving the old style way, there are going to be some posting guidelines.

Important. Please read:

The thread should be about healthy, Old Style eating. That means recipes and meal plans, support and encouragement and healthy eating. What shouldn't be accomodated here is if the thread goes off topic and covers ready meals, fad diets and weight loss clubs. There is a good thread that covers all that on the 'I wanna' board. So if the thread becomes an extention of that, we will have to close it and ask people to join in there instead.

Enjoy, and good luck (nb - we run 4 challenges a year, generally either 12 or 13 weeks, with a fortnight off at the end of December , so they run Jan-Mar, Apr-Jun, Jul-Sep and Oct-Dec.)
    Here are links to most of the historical threads

Part 9 auto deleted as explained here .

Part 8

Part 7

Part 6

Part 5

Part 4

Part 3

Part 2

Part 1 ???
    Last edited by zippychick; 19-07-2017 at 1:58 PM.
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men
    Norn Iron club member #380

Page 98
    • wishus
    • By wishus 7th May 18, 11:58 AM
    • 810 Posts
    • 5,268 Thanks
    wishus
    Bank Holiday weekend has involved a lot of crutch-walking, which I think has helped counteract the excesses of the beer garden. I can happily report a loss of 1lb

My Fitbit strap totally broke and I'd been holding it together with sellotape, so 11K steps on Saturday were recorded from my handbag, so I probably did more. Luckily, just got an upgrade as a present so that's charging now.

Today's plan.

b. poached egg and avocado on toast
    l. houmous and crudit!s
    t. grilled trout, sweet potato and peas.
    Last edited by wishus; 07-05-2018 at 12:33 PM.
    Gonna get debt free, and live in a house in the countreeee!
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 7th May 18, 1:25 PM
    • 3,429 Posts
    • 31,291 Thanks
    Knit Witch
    Thanks everyone for the condolences - I will pass them on to Dr Witch as it was his Nan that passed away (two years ago it was my Mam!)
    V3ry - 389.60
    • Frith
    • By Frith 7th May 18, 2:47 PM
    • 4,472 Posts
    • 42,439 Thanks
    Frith
    Sorry to hear your sad news, Knitwitch.

-6 lbs for me today
    Odd fact: the inventor of nominative determinism was called Trevor Nominative - Determinism. :-)
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 7th May 18, 8:14 PM
    • 3,429 Posts
    • 31,291 Thanks
    Knit Witch
    Apple muncher 2/12
    Carmen 1.1/6.6
    CathA 0.8/4
    Coxy11 0/7
    CRANKY40 0/1
    Dumpling 6/14
    Frith 6/14
    Gresleyrover +1.2/7
    Knit Witch 9.5/4
    Lynnejk 0/8
    NewShadow 0/13
    Maisie M 4/14
    Monks .... 4.5/12
    Monnagran 4/10
    Sa1sysoo 2/6
    SIRENS 2/14
    Snorfing along 4.5/13
    Sue14 0/7
    SuzieC 0/14
    TiredTrophy +0.11/11
    Wishus 1/7
    Zafiro1984 7.25/14

3 st 11.34 lb
    V3ry - 389.60
    • Frith
    • By Frith 7th May 18, 8:31 PM
    • 4,472 Posts
    • 42,439 Thanks
    Frith
    B - kipper and tomatoes

L - muntjac casserole (at parents!!!8217

T - hummus and crudities
    Odd fact: the inventor of nominative determinism was called Trevor Nominative - Determinism. :-)
    • Carmen
    • By Carmen 7th May 18, 8:41 PM
    • 1,673 Posts
    • 2,683 Thanks
    Carmen
    Good evening ladies,
    After losing my internet for nearly ten days I am finally back! I have my changed my ISP, I just hope they will be better? You pays your money and takes your choice ?
    Anyway, a little stress eating but on the whole I felt better in myself, clothes a little looser so I was quite surprised that I STS
    I hope you are all doing well?
    (((Knitwitch and family)))
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 7th May 18, 9:04 PM
    • 3,429 Posts
    • 31,291 Thanks
    Knit Witch
    Good to see you back Carmen (and I hope this ISP is a LOT better for you!)
    V3ry - 389.60
    • SIRENS
    • By SIRENS 8th May 18, 6:58 AM
    • 650 Posts
    • 3,573 Thanks
    SIRENS
    Morning All
    Weighing in with a loss of -2lb
    I tried to behave myself yesterday but it was pretty hard, but I am happy with my small loss this week.

B porridge splash of milk larger splash of water
    L lo from freezer, not a hundred percent sure what it is, appears to contain rice, veg and some chicken I think, apple
    D jacket pot, b beans 30g cheese
    S cereal bar around 11ish and yog in the evening.

Have a good day all x
    Weight Loss Challenge 7/14lb

'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess
    • TiredTrophy
    • By TiredTrophy 8th May 18, 7:49 AM
    • 520 Posts
    • 7,344 Thanks
    TiredTrophy
    Oggy oggy oi!

Today is Flora Day and I had two saffron buns for breakfast.

Sadly, I am not there....but probably better for my figure...no pasties, cream teas or SinL cakes here....she is amazing!

Off to gym, then collect meds and shop by bicycle. Another lovely day.
    Will find some special offer for dinner....hoping for chicken salad.

Have a lovely day.
    • dumpling
    • By dumpling 8th May 18, 8:47 AM
    • 1,391 Posts
    • 19,520 Thanks
    dumpling
    Good morning everyone

Just popping on to say I have lost 2lb this week. I am very pleased with that especially as I had a chinese takeaway in the week and went well over my points.

Today my meals are going to be:
    b - turkey bacon, mushroom and egg toasted sandwiches
    l - leftover chicken tagine and rice
    d - beef chilli and jacket potato
    s - milk for teas

Hope you all have a great day and make good choices xx

• Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 8th May 18, 10:17 AM
    • 3,429 Posts
    • 31,291 Thanks
    Knit Witch
    Apple muncher 2/12
    Carmen 1.1/6.6
    CathA 0.8/4
    Coxy11 0/7
    CRANKY40 0/1
    Dumpling 8/14
    Frith 6/14
    Gresleyrover +1.2/7
    Knit Witch 9.5/4
    Lynnejk 0/8
    NewShadow 0/13
    Maisie M 4/14
    Monks .... 4.5/12
    Monnagran 4/10
    Sa1sysoo 2/6
    SIRENS 4/14
    Snorfing along 4.5/13
    Sue14 0/7
    SuzieC 0/14
    TiredTrophy +0.11/11
    Wishus 1/7
    Zafiro1984 7.25/14

4 st 1.34 lb
    V3ry - 389.60
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 8th May 18, 10:19 AM
    • 3,429 Posts
    • 31,291 Thanks
    Knit Witch
    We have now lost the same as a 5,000 BTU air conditioner and a pineapple
    V3ry - 389.60
    • gresleyrover
    • By gresleyrover 8th May 18, 12:32 PM
    • 177 Posts
    • 2,045 Thanks
    gresleyrover
    Hi all. Condolences to you and your family on your sad loss knitwitch.
    Came back from our hols in devon on saturday but as we didn't get back until late I didn't do an official weigh in this week. I did do an unofficial one sunday morning and had a gain of 2lbs so have to try and lose that before the weekend.
    So the plan today
    B. Friut and mullerlight yogurt
    L. Ham and salad with a couple of rice cakes
    D. SW recipe chicken supreme with veg of some sort from the freezer
    • wishus
    • By wishus 8th May 18, 1:52 PM
    • 810 Posts
    • 5,268 Thanks
    wishus
    OH bought me some chicken and chips very late last night. I've saved them for lunch today, but my goodness, they are loaded with calories! so my evening meal shall have to be very virtuous.

b. Maple and Pecan crisp - a reduced amount, because I'm not sure it's terribly healthy.
    d. chicken and chips, and half a sliced pepper
    t. veggie stir fry and noodles
    snacks - apple.
    • zafiro1984
    • By zafiro1984 8th May 18, 5:06 PM
    • 1,291 Posts
    • 10,260 Thanks
    zafiro1984
    Knitwitch:- sorry to hear your news, condolences to you and your family.

I'm afraid I STS this week.

It's so easy to put on weight and so hard to lose it
    May Grocery challenge 117.37/150 only got 32.63 left
    • Frith
    • By Frith 8th May 18, 9:36 PM
    • 4,472 Posts
    • 42,439 Thanks
    Frith
    B - yoghurt and berries

L - 2 poached eggs

T - courgette spaghetti then I cobbled together a sauce from tinned tomatoes, onion and garlic, a few beans and 2 sausages that were in the fridge - was quite nice!
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 8th May 18, 10:24 PM
    • 3,429 Posts
    • 31,291 Thanks
    Knit Witch
    Just a heads up to say we now have a date for the funeral - 18th May - so I will be pretty incommunicado from Thursday 17th until Monday 21st
    V3ry - 389.60
    • TiredTrophy
    • By TiredTrophy 9th May 18, 5:26 AM
    • 520 Posts
    • 7,344 Thanks
    TiredTrophy
    I might have to do something extreme and not in the spirit of this thread to shift this weight and my self sabotage....I eat every time I lose weight...I have written it down, and can see the pattern.

Off for a hike now...gives me time to think.

Hope you all have a lovely aand delicious day within your sensible calorie intakes etc.
    • zafiro1984
    • By zafiro1984 9th May 18, 9:09 AM
    • 1,291 Posts
    • 10,260 Thanks
    zafiro1984
    Thanks for the info Knit Witch - family should always come first.

I'm totally disgusted with myself, my diet this last few days has totally gone out of the window. I always thought that when the weather was warm your appetite went down. Somehow my mind thinks the opposite and the large layered pie I made on Sunday has somehow almost disappeared.

I had a focus last year to lose weight now that has gone I'm finding it so very hard to get back on the straight and narrow. I need a new focus otherwise I'll be back to where I was originally. I know what to do to lose weight - in fact I think I could write a book (couldn't we all) but I just don't have the will power to do it.
    The hardest thing is to lose what I have gained since February when I was at my lowest. I feel a failure at the moment but I have to get over it. - sad
    May Grocery challenge 117.37/150 only got 32.63 left
    • wishus
    • By wishus 9th May 18, 9:58 AM
    • 810 Posts
    • 5,268 Thanks
    wishus
    Hi Zafiro1984 - might it help to focus on the good stuff in your diet for a bit? Just stay positive!

I'm in a similar boat because I lost weight after new year, but breaking my ankle, feeling sorry for myself, and allowing a lot of sabotage (self and others) means not only is it all back, but it's going to be slightly harder to shift, and also harder to convince others I'm not their naughty food and drinking buddy. Slight exception for bank holiday weekend... that's what the skinny folk do, isn't it? Compensate for over-indulgence, or put it in the bank so they can. I mean, yesterday's chicken and chips, that's a bank holiday naughty. Onwards and upwards with the plant power today!

b. superseeded toast, tomato and basil.
    d. 2 pittas stuffed with carrot, falafel (3 between 2), green pepper, a scrape of houmous and tiny slices of avocado.
    t. veggie pasta with a bit of grated cheese.
    snack: banana
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

79Posts Today

1,366Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin