Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • zippychick
    • By zippychick 13th Oct 14, 12:54 PM
    • 9,343Posts
    • 17,888Thanks
    zippychick
    Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.
    • 13th Oct 14, 12:54 PM
    Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting. 13th Oct 14 at 12:54 PM
    Hi, i've done the best I can to piece the weightloss information together - I hope it's okay for you all

As some of you know there's been some discussion lately on how to accommodate weight loss diets on the board. It was decided that the daily isn't the place for campaigns of any sort and that there was a very good weight loss thread on the I wanna board which would offer excellent support to anyone wishing to join.

The board guides have talked about this and we'd like to accommodate a weight loss campaign the OLD STYLE way here. However, in order for it to fit with the board, it should be about scratch cooking and healthy eating, NOT about where to get low calorie/fat ready meals cheaply or fad diets.

So, here it is. The Lose Weight the Old Style Way thread. This thread is for support in losing weight but in order to keep it true to the board - which is about money saving the old style way, there are going to be some posting guidelines.

Important. Please read:

The thread should be about healthy, Old Style eating. That means recipes and meal plans, support and encouragement and healthy eating. What shouldn't be accomodated here is if the thread goes off topic and covers ready meals, fad diets and weight loss clubs. There is a good thread that covers all that on the 'I wanna' board. So if the thread becomes an extention of that, we will have to close it and ask people to join in there instead.

Enjoy, and good luck (nb - we run 4 challenges a year, generally either 12 or 13 weeks, with a fortnight off at the end of December , so they run Jan-Mar, Apr-Jun, Jul-Sep and Oct-Dec.)
    Here are links to most of the historical threads

Part 9 auto deleted as explained here .

Part 8

Part 7

Part 6

Part 5

Part 4

Part 3

Part 2

Part 1 ???
    Last edited by zippychick; 19-07-2017 at 1:58 PM.
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men
    Norn Iron club member #380

Page 92
    • SIRENS
    • By SIRENS 10th Apr 18, 7:23 AM
    • 744 Posts
    • 4,083 Thanks
    SIRENS
    Morning All

Well I weighed myself on Tuesday last week and managed to put on 5.5 ilbs over the Easter weekend but this week have managed to loose it so back where I was at the end of the last challenge! Am happy with that so checking in with a sts
    Am off out supervising a shopping trip (from a distance) for dd and a couple of her friends today with ds in tow so will try to make wise choices, although ds loves McD as his treat
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess
    • Carmen
    • By Carmen 10th Apr 18, 4:29 PM
    • 1,696 Posts
    • 2,797 Thanks
    Carmen
    Hello ladies,
    I am back from my jollies, but it has taken me a few weeks to adjust back to real life Bl**dy rain is so depressing
    I have quite a back pages to catch up on, but I hope you are all keeping well well and succeeding with your weight loss?
    As I mentioned before I was pleased with not gaining too much weight over the last 4 months, but in the last few weeks I have gained I took my eye of the ball and need to get back with the programme. I feel motivated now that the weather has improved

Knitwitch, can you please put me down for a 3kgs this time.

Carmen xx
    • TiredTrophy
    • By TiredTrophy 11th Apr 18, 7:07 AM
    • 577 Posts
    • 7,935 Thanks
    TiredTrophy
    Good morning

I am weighing in today to stop the weekend munchies.....well, I was weighing in on Friday then eating all weekend...

Lost 1.2kg

Today I have an appointment with the PT at the gym as I am back there after 3 months, I have to collect hayfever meds. and other appointments afternoon and evening so busy busy. I am about to quickly process the leeks and parsnips from the garden that I re used before the digger drove through

B. Hm yog , banana and cashews
    L. Curried parsnip soup
    D. Spicy chicken livers

I hope you all soon have better weather than I have read about..it is sunny here.
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 11th Apr 18, 4:16 PM
    • 3,610 Posts
    • 32,933 Thanks
    Knit Witch
    Apple muncher … 0/12
    Carmen … 0/6.6
    CathA … 0/4
    Coxy11 … 0/7
    CRANKY40 … 1/1
    Dumpling … 0/14
    Gresleyrover … +2.4/7
    Knit Witch … 6/4
    Lynnejk … 0/8
    NewShadow … 0/13
    Maisie M … 2/14
    Monks .... 0/12
    Monnagran … 2/10
    Sa1sysoo … 0/6
    SIRENS … 0/14
    Snorfing along … 0/13
    SuzieC … 0/14
    TiredTrophy … 2.64/11
    Zafiro1984 … 2/14

0 st 13.24 lb
    Must use my stash up!
    • CathA
    • By CathA 11th Apr 18, 8:27 PM
    • 932 Posts
    • 4,709 Thanks
    CathA
    Oh I love it when the stress levels ramp up! One daughter has bought a house with work to be done (lots) and the rental she is in has to be emptied and cleaned by next Monday, so that's something for me to concentrate on as well as her.
    Other daughter has just announced she's also buying a house; cue many phone calls regarding what to do about various things, plus can I get this paperwork printed, could I pop round her dad's to get this signed, what about this etc?
    Third daughter then said she's selling her house and moving, so 3 house moves in the family all at once!

I'm trying to keep on top of the housework here, plus working plus looking after various grandchildren, as well as reminding the kids to do this that and the other. I'm going to stop being the organiser (fat chance!) but on the plus side the constant thinking and worrying and remembering has the added bonus of getting the weight off!! Why can't I be the hopeless one?

Happy Wednesday everyone, and if I haven't lost weight this week I'll scream.
    • snorfing along
    • By snorfing along 12th Apr 18, 4:11 PM
    • 73 Posts
    • 163 Thanks
    snorfing along
    I haven't been able to weigh in this week as my scales have broken - just need to get some batteries that don't cost the earth (£6 for 2 in the supermarket!) and hopefully I'll have lost weight, although my clothes are telling me I haven't
    Barclaycard: £9645 Tesco: £2765 Halifax £330 Virgin: £3422
    Total debt: £16,162
    • dumpling
    • By dumpling 13th Apr 18, 9:05 AM
    • 1,544 Posts
    • 21,632 Thanks
    dumpling
    Good morning everyone

Just popping on because it was my weigh in this morning and I've lost 5lbs I'm very happy about this especially as it was my birthday this week and I ate quite a lot of cake .

Anyway, all temptations have either left the house or been consumed so I should have a good week next week.

My menu today looks like this:
    b - tomatoes on toast
    l - tuna rice salad
    d - bacon and spinach spaghetti

I have decided to knock the snacking on the head and just make sure I have a good filling meal each time. Hope you all have a great day and make good choices xx

• SIRENS
    • By SIRENS 13th Apr 18, 9:37 AM
    • 744 Posts
    • 4,083 Thanks
    SIRENS
    Well done dumpling and many happy returns for earlier in the week x
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess
    • Maisie M
    • By Maisie M 13th Apr 18, 9:53 AM
    • 1,475 Posts
    • 13,988 Thanks
    Maisie M
    Morning all

Quick post from me today to record a 2lb loss this week

Have to go get showered and dressed and then start the painting I had been planning to do at the start of the easter holidays but couldn't get motivated to do. Three days left of my holiday so better get a boogie on

• monks
    • By monks 13th Apr 18, 10:57 AM
    • 148 Posts
    • 1,208 Thanks
    monks
    Hi everyone,

Well done dumpling a great weight loss.

** 2.5lb loss for me **

Really pleased with this as with half term, haven't done as much exercise as usual and the last of my Easter treats have disappeared, Very nice they were too !!!
    Annual GC £3000
    Nov£170/£250
    EF#176 - £1000/£1000
    Weight loss 4/12
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 13th Apr 18, 2:29 PM
    • 3,610 Posts
    • 32,933 Thanks
    Knit Witch
    Apple muncher … 0/12
    Carmen … 0/6.6
    CathA … 0/4
    Coxy11 … 0/7
    CRANKY40 … 1/1
    Dumpling … 5/14
    Gresleyrover … +2.4/7
    Knit Witch … 6/4
    Lynnejk … 0/8
    NewShadow … 0/13
    Maisie M … 4/14
    Monks .... 2.5/12
    Monnagran … 2/10
    Sa1sysoo … 0/6
    SIRENS … 0/14
    Snorfing along … 0/13
    SuzieC … 0/14
    TiredTrophy … 2.64/11
    Zafiro1984 … 2/14

1 st 8.74 lb
    Must use my stash up!
    • TiredTrophy
    • By TiredTrophy 13th Apr 18, 4:49 PM
    • 577 Posts
    • 7,935 Thanks
    TiredTrophy
    Yesterday was another bike ride with DH....this time we found ourselves carrying the bikes through calf high snow! Consequently I had alot of dinner.
    I made the lunch for a "ladies who lun ch" today... flan and salads and this evening we are having salmon pasta and more salad.....and lots of hayfever meds.
    I did walk to the village for the salads so did all the steps.

Hoping to stay in control over the weekend.
    • gresleyrover
    • By gresleyrover 14th Apr 18, 8:46 AM
    • 197 Posts
    • 2,153 Thanks
    gresleyrover
    Hi all. Its a loss of 1.6lbs for me this week. At last it looks like its not going to rain here today so I'm hoping to get outside and do a few jobs.
    Today food is
    B: Fruit and cheesy scrambled eggs
    L: Salmon fishcake, potato and brocolli
    D: Not sure yet but something with salad
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 14th Apr 18, 6:10 PM
    • 3,610 Posts
    • 32,933 Thanks
    Knit Witch
    Apple muncher … 0/12
    Carmen … 0/6.6
    CathA … 0/4
    Coxy11 … 0/7
    CRANKY40 … 1/1
    Dumpling … 5/14
    Gresleyrover … +0.8/7
    Knit Witch … 6/4
    Lynnejk … 0/8
    NewShadow … 0/13
    Maisie M … 4/14
    Monks .... 2.5/12
    Monnagran … 2/10
    Sa1sysoo … 0/6
    SIRENS … 0/14
    Snorfing along … 0/13
    SuzieC … 0/14
    TiredTrophy … 2.64/11
    Zafiro1984 … 2/14

1 st 10.34 lb
    Must use my stash up!
    • Frith
    • By Frith 14th Apr 18, 11:37 PM
    • 4,821 Posts
    • 45,611 Thanks
    Frith
    Please could I join again, Knit Witch?

I!!!8217;d like to lose over 14lbs.

I lost 12lbs in January, before things went pear shaped...

I!!!8217;ll weigh myself and start again on Monday once sons have left for school/college.
    Verschlimmbesserung
    • monnagran
    • By monnagran 15th Apr 18, 12:13 PM
    • 4,048 Posts
    • 54,550 Thanks
    monnagran
    Couldn't post on my weigh-in day, which was a relief because I didn't like what I saw. Weighed again this morning and can now report a ....STS week. Phew!
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 15th Apr 18, 2:38 PM
    • 3,610 Posts
    • 32,933 Thanks
    Knit Witch
    Apple muncher … 0/12
    Carmen … 0/6.6
    CathA … 0/4
    Coxy11 … 0/7
    CRANKY40 … 1/1
    Dumpling … 5/14
    Frith … 0/14
    Gresleyrover … +0.8/7
    Knit Witch … 6/4
    Lynnejk … 0/8
    NewShadow … 0/13
    Maisie M … 4/14
    Monks .... 2.5/12
    Monnagran … 2/10
    Sa1sysoo … 0/6
    SIRENS … 0/14
    Snorfing along … 0/13
    SuzieC … 0/14
    TiredTrophy … 2.64/11
    Zafiro1984 … 2/14

1 st 10.34 lb
    Must use my stash up!
    • CathA
    • By CathA 15th Apr 18, 8:03 PM
    • 932 Posts
    • 4,709 Thanks
    CathA
    I'm going to do a DVD called "How to lose weight the moving-house way!".
    Last week, we'd mostly emptied my daughter's rental on Thursday, just the big stuff left to go on Friday, then clean the place. I left home about 9, after doing some of my own stuff at home, not back here til gone 7. T'was a looong day. A lovely day cleaning cookers, windows, bathrooms etc, but nearly got it all done. Hubby had an even longer day, so it was another pizza, chicken wings and dessert night on Friday.
    Saturday, another early start to try and finish cleaning the rental (if nothing else it smells beautifully of bleach!) My hubby had to go view another house with one of the other daughters, plus get some shopping, plus we had to go to daughter's new place to put up shelves etc, so another busy day plus a 50th birthday party on Saturday night. OMG they had a chocolate fountain! And amazing food. And a chocolate fountain!!! Did I mention the chocolate fountain?
    Anyway, considering the amount of food that I've put away this week, today I'm calling a .6lb loss. It's been up and down, (more down than up tho) but I'm happy with that.

Happy Sunday everyone x
    • snorfing along
    • By snorfing along 16th Apr 18, 2:19 PM
    • 73 Posts
    • 163 Thanks
    snorfing along
    Finally get some battery's in the scales and I've STS I had a bad weekend too, so it could have been worse back on it now though with lots of home made soup and salads
    Barclaycard: £9645 Tesco: £2765 Halifax £330 Virgin: £3422
    Total debt: £16,162
    • zafiro1984
    • By zafiro1984 16th Apr 18, 11:35 PM
    • 1,379 Posts
    • 10,782 Thanks
    zafiro1984
    I'm afraid it's STS for me last week. I seem to have lost some motivation. The thing is - I know what to do to lose weight it's just I can't seem to stick to it at the moment.
    November 2018 42.83/100
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,222Posts Today

6,426Users online

Martin's Twitter