Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • zippychick
    • By zippychick 13th Oct 14, 12:54 PM
    • 9,343Posts
    • 17,889Thanks
    zippychick
    Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.
    • 13th Oct 14, 12:54 PM
    Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting. 13th Oct 14 at 12:54 PM
    Hi, i've done the best I can to piece the weightloss information together - I hope it's okay for you all

As some of you know there's been some discussion lately on how to accommodate weight loss diets on the board. It was decided that the daily isn't the place for campaigns of any sort and that there was a very good weight loss thread on the I wanna board which would offer excellent support to anyone wishing to join.

The board guides have talked about this and we'd like to accommodate a weight loss campaign the OLD STYLE way here. However, in order for it to fit with the board, it should be about scratch cooking and healthy eating, NOT about where to get low calorie/fat ready meals cheaply or fad diets.

So, here it is. The Lose Weight the Old Style Way thread. This thread is for support in losing weight but in order to keep it true to the board - which is about money saving the old style way, there are going to be some posting guidelines.

Important. Please read:

The thread should be about healthy, Old Style eating. That means recipes and meal plans, support and encouragement and healthy eating. What shouldn't be accomodated here is if the thread goes off topic and covers ready meals, fad diets and weight loss clubs. There is a good thread that covers all that on the 'I wanna' board. So if the thread becomes an extention of that, we will have to close it and ask people to join in there instead.

Enjoy, and good luck (nb - we run 4 challenges a year, generally either 12 or 13 weeks, with a fortnight off at the end of December , so they run Jan-Mar, Apr-Jun, Jul-Sep and Oct-Dec.)
    Here are links to most of the historical threads

Part 9 auto deleted as explained here .

Part 8

Part 7

Part 6

Part 5

Part 4

Part 3

Part 2

Part 1 ???
    Last edited by zippychick; 19-07-2017 at 1:58 PM.
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men
    Norn Iron club member #380

Page 127
    • zafiro1984
    • By zafiro1984 3rd Dec 18, 2:11 PM
    • 1,418 Posts
    • 11,069 Thanks
    zafiro1984
    Hi everyone, not many postings recently and I have to include myself in that. Maybe we're all gearing up for Christmas.

Loss of 2lb for me Knit Witch - should be more!!!!

Hi Debs welcome back, I'm also guilty of losing the plot until just very recently - the days are just too miserable to bother, I come in when it has gone dark, light the fire, have tea and want to hibernate.
    November 2018 42.83/100
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 3rd Dec 18, 3:27 PM
    • 3,610 Posts
    • 32,947 Thanks
    Knit Witch
    apple muncher … 1/7
    big5 … 10/14
    Carmen … 0/11
    debbiedodge1737 … 0/5
    DundeeDoll … 3/10
    Frith … 8/14
    gresleyrover … 6.5/14
    Knit Witch … 3.75/1
    Monnagran … 0/4
    Sa1sysoo … 1/6
    SIRENS … 6/12
    Sue14 … 2/10
    TiredTrophy … 0/10
    zafiro1984 … 5.5/14

3 st 4.75 lb
    Must use my stash up!
    • gresleyrover
    • By gresleyrover 5th Dec 18, 8:08 PM
    • 197 Posts
    • 2,154 Thanks
    gresleyrover
    Hi. I haven't posted for a week or two but I have a loss of 3lbs to report
    • SIRENS
    • By SIRENS 7th Dec 18, 7:22 AM
    • 797 Posts
    • 4,533 Thanks
    SIRENS
    Hi All
    Sorry I've completely lost the plot the last couple of weeks, put on last week then lost the same amount this week so at a sts for now.
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess
    • CathA
    • By CathA 9th Dec 18, 8:17 PM
    • 949 Posts
    • 4,760 Thanks
    CathA
    Hi all, not on this challenge but so far I'm still more or less at my happy weight!
    Happy Sunday everyone x
    • Frith
    • By Frith 15th Dec 18, 9:06 PM
    • 4,956 Posts
    • 46,881 Thanks
    Frith
    Hello, everyone!

I’m afraid I need to ask when the next challenge will start...
    Never took piano lessons
    But baby you're a grand
    And I will learn to play the good notes
    And tune you up the best I can
    • big5
    • By big5 18th Dec 18, 8:11 PM
    • 364 Posts
    • 788 Thanks
    big5
    Haven’t been around for a while, my granddad died last week after a couple of weeks in and out of hospital, my husband’s been away/massively stressed with work and my head hasn’t been in the game at all. Weighed myself this morning and was -3lbs from my last weigh in, so that was a pleasant surprise because I’ve not been keeping track of what i’m eating like I usually do.
    • zafiro1984
    • By zafiro1984 19th Dec 18, 2:08 PM
    • 1,418 Posts
    • 11,069 Thanks
    zafiro1984
    I think I've abandoned dieting now for this side of Christmas. Daughter moved back home, she and I don't always hit it off but we're both trying.

I'm going to look on the other side of the Christmas period as a new start. i expect this thread will be predictably busy once the New Year has arrived.

Happy Christmas to all, I wont say don't overindulge as I'll be head of the indulging queue

With many thanks to Knit Witch for keeping us all on the straight and narrow and I'll see you all at the start of the next challenge.
    November 2018 42.83/100
    • big5
    • By big5 24th Dec 18, 8:21 AM
    • 364 Posts
    • 788 Thanks
    big5
    A cheeky Christmas Eve weigh in (before I ruin most of my hard work ) and another -2lbs so I managed to hit my Christmas target. Today is also 6 months since I started trying to lose weight and I’ve lost 38lbs altogether (so far, the mission continues in the New Year!).

Merry Christmas everyone, hope you have a good one!
    • Frith
    • By Frith 28th Dec 18, 12:48 AM
    • 4,956 Posts
    • 46,881 Thanks
    Frith
    Still bracing myself!
    Never took piano lessons
    But baby you're a grand
    • monks
    • By monks 2nd Jan 19, 10:18 AM
    • 159 Posts
    • 1,410 Thanks
    monks
    Hope everyone had a good christmas and a happy new year to you all. Need to get back on the weightloss again now it's all over. Have 6 1bs left to lose if there is another challenge starting soon
    Last edited by monks; 02-01-2019 at 2:08 PM.
    Annual GC £3000-J £136.78/£60
    -F £64.23/£20
    Nsd 16/31. 6/17
    EF#176 - £1000/£1000
    Weight loss 3/10
    Clutter free challenge169/2019
    • MrsLottie
    • By MrsLottie 5th Jan 19, 7:13 PM
    • 85 Posts
    • 1,077 Thanks
    MrsLottie
    I too need to lose weight after an indulgent Christmas and New Year. Need to get back on the wagon so hope a new challenge begins soon .
    • SIRENS
    • By SIRENS 13th Jan 19, 2:47 PM
    • 797 Posts
    • 4,533 Thanks
    SIRENS
    Me too, need to get of my 'festive gain' before working on the rest!
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess
    • MSE Tine
    • By MSE Tine 14th Jan 19, 1:51 PM
    • 74 Posts
    • 181 Thanks
    MSE Tine
    Hellooooo

I have a little favour to ask
    Would it be possible to maybe start up a Part 11 of this thread (as this part was started in 2014) - with January being a great time to start new things and all?

You never know! I may even join you all (I certainly have a few lbs to loose! )

If one of the regular posters would like to start a Part 11 and PM me the URL I can close this one and include a link to the new one?

Please try to include as much of the original thread info (maybe adjust where appropriate) in the opening post?
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    • CRANKY40
    • By CRANKY40 14th Jan 19, 5:45 PM
    • 3,194 Posts
    • 35,300 Thanks
    CRANKY40
    I haven't posted here for a while but I don't mind starting a new thread and a new challenge if nobody else wants to? Will we give it a day or two in case Knit Witch comes on?
    Weight loss 2019 5 lbs
    • Frith
    • By Frith 14th Jan 19, 6:36 PM
    • 4,956 Posts
    • 46,881 Thanks
    Frith
    Sounds good to me!
    Never took piano lessons
    But baby you're a grand
    • MSE Tine
    • By MSE Tine 22nd Jan 19, 9:07 AM
    • 74 Posts
    • 181 Thanks
    MSE Tine
    New shiny thread can be found here: OS Weight loss challenge 11
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,095Posts Today

6,269Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @AskJames: Someone quickly marry me so I can justify buying this. I do. "Tesco is selling a five tier wedding cake made of cheese - an?

• Today's FRIDAY twitter poll: Draconian & absurd new laws by May/Corbyn/EU/Trump/Putin (pick ur own scapegoat) dicta? https://t.co/umCa8jP7LT

• Now come on that's a bit unfair!!!!! I could've done a handstand (well headstand) first if you'd asked! Sheesh! https://t.co/01Pf9Z99B1

• Follow Martin