Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • zippychick
    • By zippychick 13th Oct 14, 12:54 PM
    • 9,343Posts
    • 17,888Thanks
    zippychick
    Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.
    • 13th Oct 14, 12:54 PM
    Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting. 13th Oct 14 at 12:54 PM
    Hi, i've done the best I can to piece the weightloss information together - I hope it's okay for you all

As some of you know there's been some discussion lately on how to accommodate weight loss diets on the board. It was decided that the daily isn't the place for campaigns of any sort and that there was a very good weight loss thread on the I wanna board which would offer excellent support to anyone wishing to join.

The board guides have talked about this and we'd like to accommodate a weight loss campaign the OLD STYLE way here. However, in order for it to fit with the board, it should be about scratch cooking and healthy eating, NOT about where to get low calorie/fat ready meals cheaply or fad diets.

So, here it is. The Lose Weight the Old Style Way thread. This thread is for support in losing weight but in order to keep it true to the board - which is about money saving the old style way, there are going to be some posting guidelines.

Important. Please read:

The thread should be about healthy, Old Style eating. That means recipes and meal plans, support and encouragement and healthy eating. What shouldn't be accomodated here is if the thread goes off topic and covers ready meals, fad diets and weight loss clubs. There is a good thread that covers all that on the 'I wanna' board. So if the thread becomes an extention of that, we will have to close it and ask people to join in there instead.

Enjoy, and good luck (nb - we run 4 challenges a year, generally either 12 or 13 weeks, with a fortnight off at the end of December , so they run Jan-Mar, Apr-Jun, Jul-Sep and Oct-Dec.)
    Here are links to most of the historical threads

Part 9 auto deleted as explained here .

Part 8

Part 7

Part 6

Part 5

Part 4

Part 3

Part 2

Part 1 ???
    Last edited by zippychick; 19-07-2017 at 1:58 PM.
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men
    Norn Iron club member #380

Page 112
    • SIRENS
    • By SIRENS 5th Jul 18, 7:36 AM
    • 742 Posts
    • 4,073 Thanks
    SIRENS
    Morning All
    It's a sts from me this week
    It's takeaway week this week so not much hope for next week either

So far the rest of the week has been pretty good, am planning a long walk on Sunday to combat the takeaway (or take the edge of slightly)

B yog, fruit
    L out shopping with Mum will aim for salad or jacket pot.
    D bean burgers and sweet pot wedges

Enjoy your day x
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess
    • ellie99
    • By ellie99 5th Jul 18, 8:47 AM
    • 1,396 Posts
    • 10,764 Thanks
    ellie99
    How often do you have takeaway week Sirens?

Takeaway has always been one of my downfalls, and I was planning to only have one every 3/4 weeks.

However, given that I'm pretty sure (no proof!) that my food poisoning of the other week was from chinese takeaway, I'm having no problem at all keeping well away!

Still just eating small meals (though some ice cream may have sneaked in under the radar), lots of salady stuff in this hot weather.

Going out for lunch but just planning something small. Have been concentrating on eating healthy stuff rather than counting calories.

Have a good day everyone.

If you could live one day of your life over again, which day would you choose?
    • zafiro1984
    • By zafiro1984 5th Jul 18, 9:44 AM
    • 1,377 Posts
    • 10,762 Thanks
    zafiro1984
    So hot, we moan when it's cold, we moan when it's hot maybe we are just a moaning nation.
    On the plus side I went for my 4month post op heart check up, passed with flying colours but on the downside they want me to wait until 12months have gone by before I have my knees done - Once done I'll be Bionic !!
    Last edited by zafiro1984; 05-07-2018 at 9:46 AM.
    November 2018 42.83/100
    • katiepants
    • By katiepants 5th Jul 18, 10:52 AM
    • 133 Posts
    • 584 Thanks
    katiepants
    I'm not having a very good week. Although I'm getting lots of exercise, the hot weather is disrupting my sleep and I'm fighting the tiredness with sugary foods. Nothing lost so far. Must try a lot harder!!
    Sealed pot challenge 11: number 594
    • SIRENS
    • By SIRENS 5th Jul 18, 4:57 PM
    • 742 Posts
    • 4,073 Thanks
    SIRENS
    How often do you have takeaway week Sirens?

Takeaway has always been one of my downfalls, and I was planning to only have one every 3/4 weeks.

However, given that I'm pretty sure (no proof!) that my food poisoning of the other week was from chinese takeaway, I'm having no problem at all keeping well away!

Still just eating small meals (though some ice cream may have sneaked in under the radar), lots of salady stuff in this hot weather.

Going out for lunch but just planning something small. Have been concentrating on eating healthy stuff rather than counting calories.

Have a good day everyone.
    Originally posted by ellie99
    We have a takeaway once a month, occasionally twice if there is a Birthday or celebration, always a Sunday so it gives me a break from cooking
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess
    • SIRENS
    • By SIRENS 5th Jul 18, 4:58 PM
    • 742 Posts
    • 4,073 Thanks
    SIRENS
    So hot, we moan when it's cold, we moan when it's hot maybe we are just a moaning nation.
    On the plus side I went for my 4month post op heart check up, passed with flying colours but on the downside they want me to wait until 12months have gone by before I have my knees done - Once done I'll be Bionic !!
    Originally posted by zafiro1984
    That's brilliant news though
    • ellie99
    • By ellie99 6th Jul 18, 6:30 AM
    • 1,396 Posts
    • 10,764 Thanks
    ellie99
    We have a takeaway once a month, occasionally twice if there is a Birthday or celebration, always a Sunday so it gives me a break from cooking
    Originally posted by SIRENS
    Sounds perfect, a break from cooking is always good

• Need2bthrifty
    • By Need2bthrifty 6th Jul 18, 9:36 AM
    • 1,106 Posts
    • 9,372 Thanks
    Need2bthrifty
    Morning All,

2lb loss for me this week, I’m happy with that and just hope it continues to come off slow and steady over the next few weeks.

Started today off with a hard-boiled egg, leftover roasted tomatoes and some cucumber on a slice of toast. I’m just about to put a sc sausage and bean casserole on using LMc red onion and rosemary sausages, never tried these before but they smell suspiciously like sage and onion stuffing – hope they don’t spoil my beans

Lunch will be a salad of some kind also have to get through 3 apricots and 4 nectarines that have all ripened at the same time
    NSD's from 13/11/18 = 2
    • ellie99
    • By ellie99 7th Jul 18, 7:20 AM
    • 1,396 Posts
    • 10,764 Thanks
    ellie99
    2lb LOSS this week please Knit Witch.

I'm away for the weekend so not sure what I'll end up eating!

• monnagran
    • By monnagran 7th Jul 18, 10:05 AM
    • 4,009 Posts
    • 54,187 Thanks
    monnagran
    Blessed be the heatwave that take th away my appetite, for it shall ensure that I lose

.................................................. .......... 3 pounds!........................................... ....................

Never lost that in a week before and it may never happen again.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
    • Carmen
    • By Carmen 7th Jul 18, 12:11 PM
    • 1,696 Posts
    • 2,797 Thanks
    Carmen
    Hello all
    Good news Zafira

-1kg for me Knitwitch.
    I think it would have been more, but I am eating too much ice cream/sorbet in this hot weather
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 7th Jul 18, 11:52 PM
    • 3,607 Posts
    • 32,919 Thanks
    Knit Witch
    apple muncher … 0/10
    carebabe … 0/11
    Carmen … 0/8.8
    CathA … 2.2/2
    Chloris … 0/9
    CRANKY40 … 0.5/5
    ellie99 … 2/13
    Frith … 0/14
    gresleyrover … 3.5/10
    Katiepants … 0/20
    Knit Witch … 0/1
    LucyLocket … 0/6
    Maisie M … 0/14
    monks … 0/5
    Monnagran … 3/5
    Need2bthrifty … 2/14
    Sa1sysoo … 1/6
    SIRENS … 0/14
    wishus … 6/14
    zafiro1984 … 1/21

1 st 7.2lb
    Must use my stash up!
    • apple muncher
    • By apple muncher 8th Jul 18, 7:14 AM
    • 7,927 Posts
    • 60,033 Thanks
    apple muncher
    -1lb for me please knitwitch.
    NST November New Yorker #8; NSD 12/15; Ex 6/21 ; craft 50 (196); remove 16 (653)
    2018 Pay off: £4509; 2
    018 sell £55.10; WLOSW 3/10

Mortgage £18,634 (01/14: £78,201; 01/15: £59,629; 01/16: 39,915; 01/17: 27,295; 01/18 23,143) MFWDate Dec 2018
    • monks
    • By monks 8th Jul 18, 9:05 AM
    • 148 Posts
    • 1,208 Thanks
    monks
    1lb for me too thank you
    Annual GC £3000
    Nov£133.53/£250
    EF#176 - £1000/£1000
    Weight loss 4/12
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 8th Jul 18, 2:17 PM
    • 3,607 Posts
    • 32,919 Thanks
    Knit Witch
    apple muncher … 1/10
    carebabe … 0/11
    Carmen … 0/8.8
    CathA … 2.2/2
    Chloris … 0/9
    CRANKY40 … 0.5/5
    ellie99 … 2/13
    Frith … 0/14
    gresleyrover … 3.5/10
    Katiepants … 0/20
    Knit Witch … 1/1
    LucyLocket … 0/6
    Maisie M … 0/14
    monks … 1/5
    Monnagran … 3/5
    Need2bthrifty … 2/14
    Sa1sysoo … 1/6
    SIRENS … 0/14
    wishus … 6/14
    zafiro1984 … 1/21

1 st 10.2lb
    Must use my stash up!
    • karenccs67
    • By karenccs67 8th Jul 18, 3:56 PM
    • 1,025 Posts
    • 5,507 Thanks
    karenccs67
    Hi guys, I'd like to join in with this thread. I want to lose 5 st, so far I have lost 19 lbs
    ***Dont save what is left after spending, spend what is left after saving***
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 8th Jul 18, 4:53 PM
    • 3,607 Posts
    • 32,919 Thanks
    Knit Witch
    Hi guys, I'd like to join in with this thread. I want to lose 5 st, so far I have lost 19 lbs
    Originally posted by karenccs67
    Welcome to the thread! Do you want to join in the challenge? if you do I need to know how much weight you hope to lose in the next 12 weeks
    Must use my stash up!
    • CRANKY40
    • By CRANKY40 8th Jul 18, 5:16 PM
    • 2,946 Posts
    • 31,966 Thanks
    CRANKY40
    Blessed be the heatwave that take th away my appetite, for it shall ensure that I lose

.................................................. .......... 3 pounds!........................................... ....................

Never lost that in a week before and it may never happen again.
    Originally posted by monnagran
    Wow, well done Monna. It doesn't matter why it happened, enjoy the glory
    Weight loss 2018 17 lbs

October Grocery Challenge £138.20/£150
    November GC £97.74/£200
    • CathA
    • By CathA 8th Jul 18, 6:55 PM
    • 925 Posts
    • 4,684 Thanks
    CathA
    Hi Knitwitch, thank you for the 2.2 lb weight loss, but unfortunately it isn't mine! I think it's Carmen's; she lost 1 kg (2.2lbs)?

Anyway, I think it's STS for me, going for that anyway! Back in the swing of normal life after my holiday, life goes on.

Happy Sunday everyone x
    • Chloris
    • By Chloris 9th Jul 18, 9:14 AM
    • 642 Posts
    • 9,263 Thanks
    Chloris
    -1lb this week. Should have been more but I had an indulgent weekend. Back on the wagon today. X
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

207Posts Today

2,311Users online

Martin's Twitter