Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • zippychick
    • By zippychick 13th Oct 14, 12:54 PM
    • 9,343Posts
    • 17,881Thanks
    zippychick
    Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.
    • 13th Oct 14, 12:54 PM
    Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting. 13th Oct 14 at 12:54 PM
    Hi, i've done the best I can to piece the weightloss information together - I hope it's okay for you all

As some of you know there's been some discussion lately on how to accommodate weight loss diets on the board. It was decided that the daily isn't the place for campaigns of any sort and that there was a very good weight loss thread on the I wanna board which would offer excellent support to anyone wishing to join.

The board guides have talked about this and we'd like to accommodate a weight loss campaign the OLD STYLE way here. However, in order for it to fit with the board, it should be about scratch cooking and healthy eating, NOT about where to get low calorie/fat ready meals cheaply or fad diets.

So, here it is. The Lose Weight the Old Style Way thread. This thread is for support in losing weight but in order to keep it true to the board - which is about money saving the old style way, there are going to be some posting guidelines.

Important. Please read:

The thread should be about healthy, Old Style eating. That means recipes and meal plans, support and encouragement and healthy eating. What shouldn't be accomodated here is if the thread goes off topic and covers ready meals, fad diets and weight loss clubs. There is a good thread that covers all that on the 'I wanna' board. So if the thread becomes an extention of that, we will have to close it and ask people to join in there instead.

Enjoy, and good luck (nb - we run 4 challenges a year, generally either 12 or 13 weeks, with a fortnight off at the end of December , so they run Jan-Mar, Apr-Jun, Jul-Sep and Oct-Dec.)
    Here are links to most of the historical threads

Part 9 auto deleted as explained here .

Part 8

Part 7

Part 6

Part 5

Part 4

Part 3

Part 2

Part 1 ???
    Last edited by zippychick; 19-07-2017 at 1:58 PM.
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men
    Norn Iron club member #380

Page 101
    • snorfing along
    • By snorfing along 17th May 18, 2:32 PM
    • 44 Posts
    • 102 Thanks
    snorfing along
    2.5 lbs off for me today please
    Barclaycard: 8970 Tesco: 2995 Yorkshire Bank: 35
    Total debt: 12,000

Weight loss journey - 5/13lbs
    • Frith
    • By Frith 17th May 18, 4:28 PM
    • 4,466 Posts
    • 42,397 Thanks
    Frith
    B - yoghurt and berries

L - HM veg soup

T - beef goulash and green beans

All from the BSD.
    Odd fact: the inventor of nominative determinism was called Trevor Nominative - Determinism. :-)
    • monnagran
    • By monnagran 18th May 18, 9:12 AM
    • 3,672 Posts
    • 48,543 Thanks
    monnagran
    ONE POUND OFF, please KnitWitch.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
    • wishus
    • By wishus 18th May 18, 12:57 PM
    • 801 Posts
    • 5,239 Thanks
    wishus
    I'm afraid I ended up eating an extra snack/meal last night of a fried egg sandwich for supper. That's about how much I ate over what I should have - dang it!

On the plus side I have linked my Fibit app to My Fitness Pal... this will help me drill down more into my food choices, and help me watch my sugars.

b. egg sandwich
    d. tuna and sweetcorn sandwich with a bit of mayo
    t. I didn't do pasta last night, as I did a quick prawn madras with a jar of sauce I had in the cupboard, so might do a mushroomy pasta tonight, really cram in the veg.
    snacks - apple and mini babybel light.
    Gonna get debt free, and live in a house in the countreeee!
    • Frith
    • By Frith 18th May 18, 7:39 PM
    • 4,466 Posts
    • 42,397 Thanks
    Frith
    B - 2 scrambled eggs with slices of sun dried tomato

L - salad and a sardine

T - mozzarella dippers from McDs (the smallest thing available). Then a 300 calorie ready meal...

Not all from the BSD today!
    Odd fact: the inventor of nominative determinism was called Trevor Nominative - Determinism. :-)
    • gresleyrover
    • By gresleyrover 19th May 18, 7:00 AM
    • 176 Posts
    • 2,041 Thanks
    gresleyrover
    Morning everyone. Its 1.4lbs off for me this week .
    Hope everyone has a good weekend:
    • monks
    • By monks 19th May 18, 8:43 AM
    • 138 Posts
    • 1,134 Thanks
    monks
    Hi

Finally another 1lb loss after a sts last week.

Hard work this losing weight in mid 40s, body seems to be hanging on to each pound for dear life!

Did 15 miles according to Fitbit yesterday was determined to get a loss and not be beaten!!!

Looks like another lovely day, enjoy weekend everyone.
    Last edited by monks; 19-05-2018 at 8:48 AM.
    Annual GC 3000 Jan- Mar. 690/750 nsd 35
    Apr. 210/250 nsd 8
    May. . /250. nsd 7
    EF#176 - 1000/1000
    Weight loss 5.5/12 lbs
    • CathA
    • By CathA 19th May 18, 11:09 AM
    • 897 Posts
    • 4,547 Thanks
    CathA
    Hi Knitwitch, not quite sure where the +.4 came from ? Anyway, drum roll please....... total loss overall is now 1.2 lbs from my starting weight, no idea how that happened this week.
    All fruit Thursday started off with a piece of cake which had been made for someone's leaving do. However it had fruit Skittles on it, does that count on all fruit Thursday? Lol. The rest of the day was ok until I succumbed to a bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes, my latest go- to food when I'm in need of something quick.
    Now the trick is to keep it off.
    Happy royal wedding day everyone, I'm sat here watching it, so glad the weather is good for them x
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 19th May 18, 6:22 PM
    • 3,427 Posts
    • 31,265 Thanks
    Knit Witch
    Hi Knitwitch, not quite sure where the +.4 came from ? Anyway, drum roll please....... total loss overall is now 1.2 lbs from my starting weight, no idea how that happened this week.
    All fruit Thursday started off with a piece of cake which had been made for someone's leaving do. However it had fruit Skittles on it, does that count on all fruit Thursday? Lol. The rest of the day was ok until I succumbed to a bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes, my latest go- to food when I'm in need of something quick.
    Now the trick is to keep it off.
    Happy royal wedding day everyone, I'm sat here watching it, so glad the weather is good for them x
    Originally posted by CathA
    Ooops that was on the wrong person - sorry about that
    V3ry - 389.60
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 19th May 18, 6:23 PM
    • 3,427 Posts
    • 31,265 Thanks
    Knit Witch
    Apple muncher 2/12
    Carmen +0.44/6.6
    CathA 1.2/4
    Coxy11 0/7
    CRANKY40 1.5/1
    Dumpling 8/14
    Frith 10/14
    Gresleyrover 2.4/7
    Knit Witch 9.5/4
    Lynnejk 0/8
    NewShadow 0/13
    Maisie M 4/14
    Monks .... 5.5/12
    Monnagran 5/10
    Sa1sysoo 2/6
    SIRENS 7/14
    Snorfing along 5/13
    Sue14 0/7
    SuzieC 0/14
    TiredTrophy +0.11/11
    Wishus 1/7
    Zafiro1984 7.75/14

5 st 1.30 lb
    V3ry - 389.60
    • Frith
    • By Frith 19th May 18, 7:02 PM
    • 4,466 Posts
    • 42,397 Thanks
    Frith
    Brunch - sausages, tomato, 1 egg, spoonful of baked beans

T - duck, potato and broad beans (at parents!!!8217. Then a piece of lemon meringue pie cooked by my younger son.
    • Sue14
    • By Sue14 19th May 18, 10:46 PM
    • 889 Posts
    • 10,821 Thanks
    Sue14
    Forgot to post last week, but in the past 2 weeks I've lost 3.5lbs. I have been relatively good, still avoiding the 'naughties' when I've been shopping, and eating a lot more fruit, although I must admit I had a chippy tea last night, but that was after a 3 mile walk.
    Weight loss challenge 7lbs
    Total weight loss 26lbs

• Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 20th May 18, 1:08 PM
    • 3,427 Posts
    • 31,265 Thanks
    Knit Witch
    Apple muncher 2/12
    Carmen +0.44/6.6
    CathA 1.2/4
    Coxy11 0/7
    CRANKY40 1.5/1
    Dumpling 8/14
    Frith 10/14
    Gresleyrover 2.4/7
    Knit Witch 9.5/4
    Lynnejk 0/8
    NewShadow 0/13
    Maisie M 4/14
    Monks .... 5.5/12
    Monnagran 5/10
    Sa1sysoo 2/6
    SIRENS 7/14
    Snorfing along 5/13
    Sue14 3.5/7
    SuzieC 0/14
    TiredTrophy +0.11/11
    Wishus 1/7
    Zafiro1984 7.75/14

5 st 4.80 lb
    V3ry - 389.60
    • Frith
    • By Frith 20th May 18, 8:26 PM
    • 4,466 Posts
    • 42,397 Thanks
    Frith
    B - yoghurt and berries

L - avocado with a bit of tuna

T - Spanish chicken and peas

All from BSD

Will weigh in the morning...
    • Frith
    • By Frith 21st May 18, 7:18 AM
    • 4,466 Posts
    • 42,397 Thanks
    Frith
    -2 for me, please
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

405Posts Today

4,874Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin