Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • AJ16
    • By AJ16 15th Jul 17, 1:31 PM
    • 116Posts
    • 54Thanks
    AJ16
    Met PCN- late demand for 100
    • 15th Jul 17, 1:31 PM
    Met PCN- late demand for 100 15th Jul 17 at 1:31 PM
    Hi, We received a MET PCN back in April, I responded to it straightaway with the normal template type of letter listing the various non compliance with the BPA code of conduct and asked for a POPLA appeal code. I heard nothing back and assumed they had thrown in the towel but yesterday a Parking Charge Reminder arrived with 7 days to pay 100.
    The last sentence says "Further information including how to pay, the right to appeal (please be advised that the independent appeals service (POPLA) is no longer available) etc. can be found on the reverse of this letter.

I'm not sure what options are open to me now as I was pinning my hopes on POPLA. Does this mean that it's been disbanded and that it's free for all for these cowboys?

(sorry but I have forgotten how to attach files to the post)
Page 3
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 4th Mar 18, 1:10 PM
    • 8,093 Posts
    • 10,628 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Just an update on this one. The letters have stopped now but I'm wondering if they can add a marker to my credit file?? Is it only if there is court action as other companies (e.g. Vodaphone) can do this without court action??
    Originally posted by AJ16
    They stop once they realise you are not a mug

NO they cannot add a marker on your credit file.

These debt collectors are just simpleton idiots and it's not
    even their debt .... they were on a mugging trip

Vodaphone can because you have a credit account
    with them ....... NOT IDIOTS INVOLVED IN THE
    GREAT PARKING SCAM

Only happens if you lost in court and did not pay
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • AJ16
    • By AJ16 11th Aug 18, 10:19 AM
    • 116 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    AJ16
    Resolution and the last laugh
    Okay as last posted way back in March the letters from DRP stopped in the early part of this year. Well last week on the 5th August another letter arrived from the idiots, dated 26 July. It was a template letter and basically said that most people pay their parking charges straightaway, it's quite easy to pay (160), but "if you don't we'll recommend to our client that they take court action against you".

Straight away I wrote another letter to the Mc Donald's HQ repeating a request for assistance made to them last year and complaining about the tactics of MET Parking Services. Yesterday a letter arrived in a brown envelope, it was our address but someone else's name. We opened it to find out who sent it so that we could return it and, surprise, surprise, it was from DRP again. It had my PCN number, the correct registration number and Mc Donald's location. It went on to say-

"Dear (other person) we would like to apologise for a letter that was sent on 26/7/18 for the PCN listed above, this was sent in error and this charge has been cancelled"

I thought it would give some people a bit of amusement, the message is - Don't give up, be smarter than them, make them work, complain to the client company and hit them where it hurts. The next step is a SAR!
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 11th Aug 18, 11:43 AM
    • 8,093 Posts
    • 10,628 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Drp just wriggling out, such timewasters ???

Give them some grief and waste their time now
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 11th Aug 18, 12:16 PM
    • 18,847 Posts
    • 29,664 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    SAR-bomb time!

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5849784
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

130Posts Today

1,439Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin