Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    • [simon]
    • By [simon] 14th Jul 17, 10:54 PM
    • 220Posts
    • 39Thanks
    Furniture company
    • #1
    • 14th Jul 17, 10:54 PM
    Furniture company 14th Jul 17 at 10:54 PM

    I have an issue with a furniture company.

    I have wrote letters to the company and followed complaints procedure and still not happy

    I told the company I would contact furniture ombudsman and the company said they not registered with furniture ombudsman

    I contacted furniture ombudsman myself to ask and they replied that they can not help if company nit registered with them

    What do I do next ??
Page 1
    • macman
    • By macman 14th Jul 17, 11:52 PM
    • 41,889 Posts
    • 17,377 Thanks
    • #2
    • 14th Jul 17, 11:52 PM
    • #2
    • 14th Jul 17, 11:52 PM
    You take a civil action against them via the small claims process, if the amount is below the limit. But start with a letter before action.
    Their site has a list of FAQ's on it, and the 2nd answer makes it clear that they will only handle complaints against their own members-who presumably finance the organisation.
    Since you don't need a licence to sell furniture, the Ombudsman is a voluntary and private arrangement, not a state agency.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 15th Jul 17, 8:37 AM
    • 16,013 Posts
    • 12,055 Thanks
    • #3
    • 15th Jul 17, 8:37 AM
    • #3
    • 15th Jul 17, 8:37 AM
    Is it an online company?
    Are they based in the uk?
    What is their name?
    Before taking an action, can you detail what the problem is?
    • [simon]
    • By [simon] 16th Jul 17, 10:53 PM
    • 220 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    • #4
    • 16th Jul 17, 10:53 PM
    • #4
    • 16th Jul 17, 10:53 PM
    It's a company that fits furniture I.e bedroom suite

    Based in the UK

    Well known

    Baught q bedroom suite from them, you know cupboards and dressing table ect a full bedroom suite which they fitted for me as well

    It has a warranty which I paid for with them

    However, now that I want to use the warranty to replace a door on the Cupboard. However the company said that they do not have this design anymore so they can not replace it..

    So what is the point of paying for a warranty ??
    • bris
    • By bris 16th Jul 17, 11:40 PM
    • 7,582 Posts
    • 6,600 Thanks
    • #5
    • 16th Jul 17, 11:40 PM
    • #5
    • 16th Jul 17, 11:40 PM
    Read the warranty, the T&C's may cover discontinued products, in fact I would bet on it considering these designs are changing all the time.

    How old is the furniture and is it a manufacturing fault?
    • Geoff1963
    • By Geoff1963 17th Jul 17, 12:43 AM
    • 1,055 Posts
    • 682 Thanks
    • #6
    • 17th Jul 17, 12:43 AM
    • #6
    • 17th Jul 17, 12:43 AM
    Can it be repaired, or could a carpenter make a copy to match ? If the warranty excludes discontinued products, they could change the design every week.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

86Posts Today

1,335Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line?

  • RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

  • Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

  • Follow Martin