Taking it slowly, but doing it well.

Comments

• Good luck for the interview!

I was told that you can't split the tax allowance and you have to sort it at the end of the tax year. :( But if you can sort it, then that would be great!

You do at least get two loads of NI allowance though. Which should be good for a little extra income.
  • Evening all. And thank you for all your best wishes. Once Pickle is asleep I'm gooong to have the third, major rewrite of my presentation. A couple of things dawned on me this morning which led to rewrite 2 and a couple more things this afternoon, so rewrite 3 is needed.
    I've been through every emotion. But, I have got the skills to do the job, so, now I know that. I just need to show them.

As a result of all this, today has been a nsd again, so feeling more on top of those. If I'm really organised tomorrow could be one as well. I'm determined to be.

No survey earnings either, need to spend any child free time on interview prep.

Hopefully things will pick up soon.
    I'd also like some of my sale items to sell. Then I can start building up the sling pot.

Update on day 9

MSE OCTOBER GOALS

Mop pot target 1) £39.95/£72.38 No change.
    Mop pot target 2) 0/£47.76
    Mop pot target 3) 0/£100

Money for new sling: £10/£110 please can things sell?

Survey/tasks/cashback: £28.28/£50 no change
    £20 - shop along
    £3.28- Qmee
    £5. - Swagbucks
    NSDs: 5/12 - that's over half the days this month that my purse has stayed shut

Wish
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Good luck tomorrow. I'll keep my trotters crossed for you :)
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • Good luck for tomorrow!!
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hiya Wish:wave:

Hope it went well today xx
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • A huge thank you to everyone for their good wishes. I really enjoyed my interview today. I won't find out until later in the week or Monday, but I couldn't have done any more.
    I gave myself a good talking to on the way down and refused to let the anxieties and 'what ifs' have House room. I put on my game face and attacked it with all my might.
    I could do this job, it's just a case of them asking me to do it (or not) either way I'm proud of me. Which is not something I say often.
    And from this point I'm going to digress to something that bothered me a while ago.

I was listening to Chris Evans on his breakfast show a few months ago when, following one of his team saying something, he remarked that his colleague had just broken his family's 'house rule'
    This rule is that you don't say things about yourself that compliment yourself, only other people can/should do that.

I completely disagree with Chris Evans. We, and our children, should express our satisfaction at the things we've done well and our achievements. We need these positive experiences to build our resilience.
    So let's encourage ourselves and our children to talk about the things we have done well. (Yes I know boasting is not right, but you can be pleased with the effort and achievement or something without boasting)

In other (more relevant news)
    A nsd.
    Woop woop!

Update on day 11

MSE OCTOBER GOALS

Mop pot target 1) £39.95/£72.38
    Mop pot target 3) 0/£100

Money for new sling: £10/£110

£20 - shop along
    £3.28- Qmee
    £5. - Swagbucks
    NSDs: 6/12 - half way... go me.

Wish
  • Hi Wish, sounds like things are going well! Keeping all my fingers crossed for the job. I completely agree with you about the need to recognize and be proud of our achievements. There is NOTHING wrong with that in my opinion and it is right and healthy to be aware of our strengths and skills as well as areas of development.
  • evening all.
    Not heard either way about the job, feel a little bit in limbo at the moment. Maybe tomorrow.

Been a bit is of a pft day today. Out for brunch with a friend (£5.75)
    A few errands- tip trip and attempting to book a Christmas night out. Then mrS for some Shopmium deals and the ingredients for mulled wine, which cost a small fortune, but will last me for lots of mulled wine events between now and Christmas.

Bt took their money today so another bit added to the mop pot.
    No surveys done today, might see if there are any now.

Ho hum, sleep well everyone.

Update on day 12

MSE OCTOBER GOALS

Mop pot target 1) £44.89/£72.38
    Mop pot target 3) 0/£100

£20 - shop along
    £3.28- Qmee
    £5. - Swagbucks

NSDs: 6/12 -

Wish
  • evening all (or should that be morning?)

I'm going to start with this evening, a friend came round. (One of Pickle's fake aunties.) we've drunk mulled wine, cosmopolitans and fun and tonics. It was a good evening.

ive still not heard about the job I'm feeling really sad about it at the moment. I really want the job.

Spends wise £32 on brunch for me & 2 friends and our children. My turn to pay.

Shopmium cashback and a qmee payment takes my mop pot to a nice round number

Update on day 13

MSE OCTOBER GOALS

Mop pot target 1) £50.00/£72.38
    Mop pot target 3) 0/£100

Survey/tasks/cashback: £33.39/£50 no change
    £20 - shop along
    £4.90 - Shopmium
    £3.49- Qmee
    £5. - Swagbucks

NSDs: 6/12 -

Wish
  • I hope Monday brings you news on the job x
    My LBM May 2017, DH LBM July 2017- Total Debt (not Including Mortgage) £46444.23 :eek:
    £40773.61 /£46444.23 87.8% paid
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure